Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony?

+6
bones206
i_heart_bones
Meegs82
lena152
bugaboo628
Teardropsonmyguitar
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony?

Post by fairytales_end Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Wow this is confusing...I haven't heard about this at all...

Just asking but why are so many forensic anthropoligists, entemologists etc. working on the case at once? Surely there are other cases that need work too, or is it just the urgency?
No idea if this made sense
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony?

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:51 am

You don't know anything about the Casey Anthony case? If not, here's the readers digest version. Basically this 23 year old girl from well Orlando (like 10 minutes from where i live) had a baby about 3 years ago. A girl named Caylee. Right around June of last year Caylee went missing, however it wasn't until July that her grandmother Casey's mom reported the kid missing, Casey never said anything. When the police asked Casey why she didn't report Caylee missing before, and she said that she had left her with a babysitter and when she came home no one was there, so she decided to look for her on her own. Then Casey was seen clubbing at a bar, in my neighborhood. Casey was arrested shortly after for writing faulting checks to her friend. All the while this case made major media, including nation and international media, mostly because CAsey did nothing but lie over and over about where Caylee was, who she was last seen with, etc. Well, around middle December a utility worker was doing routine inspections in t he area where Casey lived and went into the woods to relieve himself and found a black trash bag, when he kicked the trash bag the skull of a small human rolled out. Shortly after that, the remains were reported as missing Caylee, she was only 3.

Well now the defense for Casey has brought in all these big name scientists including Kathy Reichs (whom i assume you know who she is) to prove Casey's innocence. When asked who was paying for their expertise one of the scientists said that was his own business (hence the debate in upper posts.) If you want to know more detail about the case you can google Casey or Caylee Anthony and you will find all the info, like i said this case was major, I'm surprised you haven't heard about it. Anyways, a lot of people speculate that Casey killed Caylee in spite of her mother, because Casey was only 19 when she got pregnant and she didn't want the baby, but her mother basically forced her to keep the baby.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 354
Say What You Want : Dancers do it best.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:17 am

I went out to Caylee's memorial last night, it was very touching, I decided to leave a letter for her and a teddy bear, and i took a few pictures. as soon as my camera figures out how to import a 30 minute video, i will post them up for you guys to view.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:13 am

photo's from the memorial...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony? - Page 2 Empty Sad...boycott

Post by MagistraYgraine Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:07 pm

One would assume Dr. Reichs has sufficient income and notoriety that she would have no need to assist this monster.
1. Either she is doing it for cash, or
2. She is doing it for a moment in the spotlight, or
3. She has reason to believe the authorities/medical examiner are lacking, or
4. She wishes to establish the innocence of the defendant.
What other choices are there? The least offensive is that she has no reason to trust the Sheriff/Medical Examiner, but then, one would think, she'd figure Lee/Kobelinsly et al...might have it covered.
There is a dead child, and one way or another she is being used by the defense to bolster the notion that the PROVEN liar of a mother is somehow innocent. I cannot support that.
No more BONES on TV, no more books to buy, and the ones I have are going in the trash. I simply will not pay to support someone who either distrusts my local authorities or who wants to insinuate themselves into a tawdry investigation that could end up assisting the most heinous female murderer in Florida since Aileen Wurnos!
MagistraYgraine
MagistraYgraine

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:47 am

I don't necessarily think she is doing it for publicity as she is already a well known scientist, from the show, to her books, it's not like she's a no name. I am sure she is getting paid, nothing in this world is free especially time from world renown anthropologist, however, this is a big case, bigger than any other case out there that would call for the help of a forensic anthropologist. However, I think she is on the wrong side of the case. Though, I believe that Casey is guilty out her ass, and science will prove this, and Casey will serve her punishment whatever it may be. However, it's no reason to boycott the show or throw away her books. BTW, you aren't directly paying her for watching the show. Casey is guilty whether the words come out of Kathy's mouth or the head jury, it's no reason to go to the extreme.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by MagistraYgraine Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 am

You see I honestly feel boycotting is the only effective method of protest. I'm not like those nuts in front of the Anthony's house screaming---although as an Orlando area resident I can say that I am disgusted that so much tax payers money was wasted by these people. I won't send Dr. Reichs nasty letters or make absurd and meaningless requests or threats.

I know my small part won't hurt her much at all, although when some TV thing really pisses me off I write to those who advertise on the show and inform them that I will not buy products that sponsor the show in question. You'd be surprised at how the advertisers take that sort of thing seriously (lol, I would neither watch nor purchase anything advertised during the hour in 1991 when ABC canceled Twin Peaks! I had to switch peanut butters and I really missed Downy!)

My conscience demands that I do something, and this is the most dignified something I can come up with.

I just wish I knew why someone of this woman's stature would feel the need to insinuate herself into this horrible situation?

Regards,
Y~
MagistraYgraine
MagistraYgraine

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:07 pm

wait, you're from Orlando? I see why you feel the need to boycott, however, personally I don't think it's necessary since Casey is already paying for what she did, all you really can do is pray. It's not like Kathy believes in her innocence, however money will make people just about anything, but science proves one thing and thats the truth and CAsey can't hide from that.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2