Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony?

+6
bones206
i_heart_bones
Meegs82
lena152
bugaboo628
Teardropsonmyguitar
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony? Empty Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony?

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:40 pm

I figure most of you are well informed on the Casey Anthony story, the 22 year old who "supposedly" killed her 2 year old daughter Caylee. Well I live in Orlando, literally about 5 minutes from where CAsey lived. The popular club she partied in after her daughters disappearance is about half a mile from my house. Anyways, if you've been keeping up with the news they found remains of a small child thursday morning, .4 mile from their house when a utility worker went to pee and found the bag, a skull rolled out, the rest of the remains in the bag. WEll we watched the saga, literally all day. I had a friend who worked at the elementary where the the road where the skull was found ended, so she was TV for a split second, yet still cool. Anyways, i just saw in the paper yesterday that the attorney for Casey has put together a team of well established forensic scientists, and while Emily can stay home, It seems that Kathy Reichs is on the list and will be helping out the case. I think i see a future episode based off this storyline, especially with Kathy right there in the middle of all of it. So Kathy will be here in my hometown, i wonder if she'll sign my book for me? haha. Anyways, i thought it was interesting and i saw no one else posted this yet.

Anyways tell me what you think.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 354
Say What You Want : Dancers do it best.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony? Empty Kathy Reichs and Little Caylee Anthony

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:49 pm

It upsets me that Kathy Reichs is going to be part of the defense in this case. She is someone I admire and respect but I fear losing the admiration and respect because of this. It is such a horrible case and I hate the fact that she is going to be helping to defend that that psycho.

Last edited by bugaboo628 on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelled a word wrong)
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony? Empty Re: Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony?

Post by lena152 Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:00 pm

well, if she turns out to be the "psycho", there won't be muh to defend, will there? at least not based on forensic evidence. in dubio pro reo.
lena152
lena152
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 668
Say What You Want : DB on my kitchen floor! ;-)
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony? Empty Re: Kathy Reichs helping out Casey Anthony?

Post by bugaboo628 Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:33 am

I thought about this more and the role that Kathy Reichs plays in the defense is only going to be verification of cause of death, etc. What Reichs has to say will not so much be defending Casey Anthony ~ it will just be telling the story of what little Caylee went through.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:57 am

yeah, it will, and she can even prove Casey to be guilty. Even though she is defensive, if all signs scientifically point to casey she's bound by law to tell the truth. Plus think about how much money she must be getting for this....

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:47 am

Wait a second, who said she would be helping out the defense? I thought she is just there to help identify the remains, cause of death, etc. That does not mean that it will be for the defense of Casey Anthony. Unless I have completely missed something here.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:51 am

Ok, nevermind. I just Googled it and saw that Reichs is, in fact, part of the defense team. Now I feel silly. Wink Here is a link:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Baden named several possible defense witnesses:
Dr. Werner Spitz, a nationally known forensic pathologist who has worked on the O.J. Simpson and JonBenet Ramsey cases.
Kathy Reichs, a forensic anthropologist who authored nearly a dozen mystery novels, including New York Times best-seller Deja Dead.
There's also a forensic entomologist _ a scientist who studies bugs _ from Nebraska, Tim Huntington.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:55 pm

I don't understand who's paying for all the high profile defense witnesses??
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:14 am

My guess is the people of the state of FL. Some of them defense experts may be volunteering their time simply for the purpose of putting their name out there.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:22 pm

idk, it's possible, it's the biggest thing to happen to Florida since... well ever.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:25 pm

ihb, i was wondering that too. Kathy Reichs isn't cheap, I don't know if people were donating money to casey, or what? I mean really the whole case has gotten out of hand. There are people who like die hard believe Casey is innocent... haha.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:40 pm

Teardropsonmyguitar wrote:ihb, i was wondering that too. Kathy Reichs isn't cheap, I don't know if people were donating money to casey, or what? I mean really the whole case has gotten out of hand. There are people who like die hard believe Casey is innocent... haha.
Now that i don't understand, granted i live on the other side of the world and no one here has really been following the story. but i mean you seriously only need to look at the evidence thats there, before any physical evidence had been found. No innocent mother would behave that way, all of the stories of those from the (not yet presumed) guilty party have been chopped and changed and are full of lies.
I hope Kathy Reichs is there to purely present the evidence, and in no way helps this girl get off free...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
Teardropsonmyguitar wrote:ihb, i was wondering that too. Kathy Reichs isn't cheap, I don't know if people were donating money to casey, or what? I mean really the whole case has gotten out of hand. There are people who like die hard believe Casey is innocent... haha.
Now that i don't understand, granted i live on the other side of the world and no one here has really been following the story. but i mean you seriously only need to look at the evidence thats there, before any physical evidence had been found. No innocent mother would behave that way, all of the stories of those from the (not yet presumed) guilty party have been chopped and changed and are full of lies.
I hope Kathy Reichs is there to purely present the evidence, and in no way helps this girl get off free...

AMEN!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Here is just a bit more information on Kathy Reichs' part in the defense. It put my mind at ease.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

The popular t-v show "Bones" is based on her real life work as a forensic anthropologist. She's also a best selling fiction author. Her series explores the role science plays in solving crimes.

Kathy Reichs, Forensic Anthropologist said, "I'm going to look at those photographs or that scene or at those remains and I’m going to see what I see and to me it's irrelevant if that helps one side or the other. That’s what science does."
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Thanks for that, bugaboo. Totally put my mind at ease as well.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:52 pm

ahh. just what i wanted to hear Smile
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:42 am

Yeah, there was an "article" about it on the Today show on Thursday. Kathy was talking and they showed a little bit of the Bones opening thing. I looked for the link and apparantly Kathy was on the CBS mornng show too...

CBS link: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

That was the only link I found, but she was on the Today show Thursday.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:55 am

I think it's cool that she'll be in Orlando!

I think we have to remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty here. If Casey is guilty, then she'll be proven guilty. If Kathy Reichs is a good scientist, then her science will speak for the truth, not money or high profile defense lawyers.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:06 am

bugaboo628 wrote:

Kathy Reichs, Forensic Anthropologist said, "I'm going to look at those photographs or that scene or at those remains and I’m going to see what I see and to me it's irrelevant if that helps one side or the other. That’s what science does."

That's my girl. Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:35 am

Hmmm...sounds a lot like another forensic anthropologist we all know and love...Brennan anyone? She doesn't care which "side" she's testifying for, she just cares about presenting the facts.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorJen Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:13 am

Since I saw someone asking who is paying for all these experts, I thought I'd chime in. I'm 99.9% sure all of these people are doing this for free. I specifically heard Dr. Henry Lee say on Nancy Grace that he was not being paid for this and he was donating his time and expertise. However, I saw Kathy Reichs give an interview and she said that even if she would say who was paying for all of this, she can't because they all have signed a confidentiality agreement. I would think they are either mostly donating their time and expertise.

The State of Florida is not paying for any of the defense of Casey Anthony. She has retained a private defense attorney, he is not a public defender, so the state is not paying for anything except their own expert witnesses. I saw Kathy give an interview on the CBS morning show and she said that she is just there to tell what the evidence says to her, and if that does not help the defense, so be it.

I know way too much about this case, my grandma watches Nancy Grace every night and has me sit there with her to explain the legal stuff.

GatorJen

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:04 am

I've decided that I don't care about Casey Anthony, I think she's guilty, but i wanna go down and see if I can get Kathy to sign my book for me! My brothers girlfriend works at the courthouse, maybe she can pull some strings... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I'll let you know how my adventures go.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:09 am

GatorJen wrote:Since I saw someone asking who is paying for all these experts, I thought I'd chime in. I'm 99.9% sure all of these people are doing this for free. I specifically heard Dr. Henry Lee say on Nancy Grace that he was not being paid for this and he was donating his time and expertise. However, I saw Kathy Reichs give an interview and she said that even if she would say who was paying for all of this, she can't because they all have signed a confidentiality agreement. I would think they are either mostly donating their time and expertise.

The State of Florida is not paying for any of the defense of Casey Anthony. She has retained a private defense attorney, he is not a public defender, so the state is not paying for anything except their own expert witnesses. I saw Kathy give an interview on the CBS morning show and she said that she is just there to tell what the evidence says to her, and if that does not help the defense, so be it.

I know way too much about this case, my grandma watches Nancy Grace every night and has me sit there with her to explain the legal stuff.

They are getting paid for this. The Anthony's have gotten many donations from locals, so that could help the costs. I don't think you can get Kathy Reichs among many other well established scientists to just "donate" their expertise willy-nilly like that. Just like attorneys, those forensic scientists don't come cheap. There's no way she'd be doing this for free. Otherwise she'd say it.

Nancy Grace annoys me, BTW. But Anyways, I live literally 15 minutes from the Anthony's, if i really wanted too, I could go to the site where the body was found. I mean really. All this has happened around me, as well as on TV, all the signs the cars with the find caylee signs, everything. It's kind of interesting actually.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorJen Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:37 pm

I heard Henry Lee specifically say that he is not getting paid for this and that he was doing this pro bono, although I have not heard any of the others say that. I'm sure some of them are getting paid, but since they have signed confidentiality agreements, they can't say where the money is coming from or the amount they're getting paid. I'm willing to bet there are quite a few people on her defense team that are doing this for little to no money because the amount of publicity they're getting just from being involved in this will cause their business to skyrocket. I'd be surprised if Kathy was doing it for free though, as Casey Anthony is the least sympathetic criminal ever. I'd be super surprised if she was even able to find any sort of mark on the bones.

Yeah, Nancy Grace annoys me as well most of the time, but my grandma lives with us and she LOOOOOOVES her, so she's always on the tv here at 8. I do think for this case she has done some good because she's really kept this case in the public eye a lot more than I think it would have been otherwise since there was a significant amount of time before the body was found. It drives me insane how she just yells at some of the people on her panel because they dare to try to defend some of these people.

I get the craziness from living near a highly publicized case, I live about 10 minutes from where Terri Schiavo was in her nursing home. There was still someone out on the street protesting months after she had died

GatorJen

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:52 pm

As far as kathy is concerned with several best sellers as well as a tv show that is doing well in ratings and publicity I don't think she is in any need of publicity. So for her yeah she's getting paid. Even if others are doing this for free I would bet kathy is making some money. Not to mention travel costs between here and Canada as well as other expenses I doubt she's paying for it put of pocket. Either way I think she should have been on prosecution bcause even if her science proves caseys guilty they won't testify her. I mean prosecution can cross examine but still. I dunno it's all crazy. Really I just wanna meet her and have her sign my book.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next