Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did He Betray Me? K+(shortie by glug glug woohoo)Posted 12/11/2007 07:27:49 PM

Go down

Did He Betray Me? K+(shortie by glug glug woohoo)Posted 12/11/2007 07:27:49 PM Empty Did He Betray Me? K+(shortie by glug glug woohoo)Posted 12/11/2007 07:27:49 PM

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:29 am

Posted 12/11/2007 07:27:49 PM

Ok so this is my brand new story that shouldn't be too long but I wanted to see if yall like it first! Enjoy! Oh and it right after episode 6 where she asks him if he would ever betray her. That is mainly what it's about! Enjoy and review please!!!!!!!!
**********Chapter 1-That Haunting Jury************

That haunting jury, that teasing judge. They were all taunting her silently. She was scared to tears about this day. This terrifying day. She knew her father had done wrong. He had betrayed her and she hated that about him, but he was her father. She loved him. This chilling day had come too soon.

This was the day that she was to testify for her father. The day she would stand up in front of the court and do something she promised she would never do. Strange enough, that wasn’t what scared her the most. No, that was only a minor irritation compared to what really concerned her. Booth, her partner, had to testify against him. He would sit in that stand, swear to tell the truth, and convince a tired and bored jury that her father deserved to be in jail. Juries hoping to do something else with their day then sit in a courthouse and listen to some loser in prison’s plea to be freed.

They had discussed it. Booth already notified her about what he had to do as the arresting officer. It was his job; it was his duty. Yet, she still felt as though he was betraying her. His words stabbed at her heart like a murderer’s best blade. He would give her sympathetic looks every now and again, but his sympathy wasn’t getting her through this.

He sat back down and constantly looked at her. His gaze never left her delicate body. She was so emotionally fragile. Booth felt sorry for her but he was still confused. He thought that she didn’t care about her father. He was certain that this trail wouldn’t affect her in the way that it was. She looked down at the purse in her lap, ready for the jury to come back with the verdict.

The jury came out of the secluded room with satisfied looks on their faces. The head juror walked over with the verdict lying in his hands. That one sheet of paper made her stomach plummet inside of her body. She knew that her father was guilty. That was not unknown to her. She was scared about the punishment. How long would he be sentenced to jail. Would his rights of visits from her and Russ dwindle into nothing? She was scared of a simple piece of paper.

The judge read the paper and nodded his head in understanding. Brennan’s hand was excessively perspiring and she was sure she looked like a nervous wreck. The judge announced the verdict aloud. He was guilty. Now came the hard part: the punishment. The judge announced the punishment of the crime aloud to the assembly.

“Max Keenan will be sentenced to death,” the judge announced. Brennan couldn’t breath. Death? She had just gotten reconnected with her father and now he was going to die. Her piercing blue and green eyes watered until the tears came flowing out her eyes like a gushing river.

Booth’s mouth dropped to the floor. He hadn’t been prepared for this. Other agents and he had caused her dad to get sentenced to death. No matter how many agents testified against Max, Booth thought of it as entirely his fault. He had shattered his partner’s heart into millions of broken pieces. He looked over at her and saw her sobbing; crying for the loss she was going to get. She stood up quickly and ran out of the courtroom at full speed as Max watched. Russ sat and stared at the ground for what seemed like centuries. Neither one of Max Keenan’s kids wanted to say goodbye. They wanted to hold on forever no matter what he had done in the past.

Booth watched her petite body rush out of the room as if she was running from a towering wave of water fixing to engulf her completely. Booth couldn’t help but let a tear trickle down the corner of his eye. Those chocolate brown eyes began to become blurry. It was if the world had stopped, all because of him.

Brennan dashed out of the room and started looking for the nearest bathroom. She found the women’s bathroom, dashed inside, and locked the door behind her in what seemed the blink of an eye. She leaned against the door and sunk down to the floor. Why had he done this to her? This was his entire fault. He had been the arresting officer. He was the one who caused her father to be put to death. Brennan talked about it as if she had already lost him. Her father was going to die and there was nothing that she could do about it. What made her the most sad, was the fact that her best friend had done this to her.

She crawled to the back of the bathroom and slouched into a small black ball. Her eyes flooded with tears and she couldn’t stop crying.

Booth ran to the bathroom and tried to open the door but he realized that it was locked. He knew she was in there and that she didn’t want to speak to him, but a small door would never stop him from getting to her. A janitor was mopping nearby and Booth asked for the keys to the women’s restroom. The janitor refused but a simple flash of Booth’s badge and the keys were his. Booth slid the gold keys into the lock and heard it click. He slowly opened the creaking door and saw that she was no were to be found.

Booth handed the keys back to the janitor and walked inside. He paused for a second until he heard a soft sniffle. *She’s hiding* he thought. His footsteps drew closer to her curled up body. He turned the corner and saw her there, sobbing into her black pants.

He just wanted to take her into his arms; wash away all the sadness from her, but he knew that in her current condition that that would be impossible. Her auburn curls fell over her head. Her arms were tightly stretched across her legs. She knew he was there, but she refused to look up at him.

“Temperance,” was his soft welcome. He knew that if he said anything else she would run further away from him. There was a barrier on her heart; preventing him from stealing her away. He wanted her, but she wouldn’t let a man take advantage over her. Especially not right now. She was too strong of a woman for that.

“Temperance,” he repeated. She didn’t acknowledge his presence much less respond to his calling of her name.

“Temperance, I’m sorry…for everything,” he said sitting down beside her and placing a welcoming hand on her shoulder.

“You promised you wouldn’t betray me,” she responded softly.

“What are you talking about?”

“After we finished the intern case. We were drinking in your office and you said that you wouldn’t betray me,” she said finally making eye contact. Her eyes were red with tears and they were filled with sorrow.

“You think that I betrayed you,” Booth questioned her accusation which later he found out was not a smart idea.

“Yes! Booth you caused my father to die. He’s going to die Booth because of you’re all powerful jury persuasion. I was just beginning to get to know him. He was becoming a better person.” Her eyes filled with sorrowful tears that tugged at Booth’s heart.

“I never meant for that to happen,” he said.

“I don’t know if I can trust you,” she whispered so soft that Booth almost didn’t hear her piercing words. It was then that she took one last look and stood up and walked out of the bathroom, leaving Booth staring at the wall thinking about her; lusting over her and wanting her. All he wanted was her, but she distrusted him. He had ruined their partnership, friendship, and potential for a relationship.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Did He Betray Me? K+(shortie by glug glug woohoo)Posted 12/11/2007 07:27:49 PM Empty Re: Did He Betray Me? K+(shortie by glug glug woohoo)Posted 12/11/2007 07:27:49 PM

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:30 am

BGWGscienceteacher

Posted 12/11/2007 07:40:10 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!! That was so heart wrenching. I could feel the pain of both of them. I'm interested to see where you take this. PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Did He Betray Me? K+(shortie by glug glug woohoo)Posted 12/11/2007 07:27:49 PM Empty Re: Did He Betray Me? K+(shortie by glug glug woohoo)Posted 12/11/2007 07:27:49 PM

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:30 am

ToZiKa

Posted 15/11/2007 08:53:08 AM

You have to continue this story asap.
It is really intense and like BGWG I could feel the pain of them too.
The story is so sad you just have to make it all better.
You know that we all love happy endings so PPS.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:31 am

Glug Glug Woohoo

Posted 30/11/2007 09:12:22 PM

Ok guys I am soooooooooooooo sorry I haven’t posted in a while. I went to Disney World for a week and then this week was pretty hectic so since it’s Friday and I have nothing on my calendar to do I thought I’d give you guys my next chapter! Enjoy!
Ch. 2- Regret

She rushed inside the lab with tears flowing from her eyes. She was never the person to cry, especially not in front of her fellow scientists, but she couldn’t help it. She had known Booth for over three years and lately she thought that they were growing very close, until now of course. Now it was like Booth had ripped her heart out. What was she going to do? Could she really trust Booth anymore? The answer was sure to come sooner or later. Wasn’t it?

An intern in paleontology had noticed Dr. Brennan come in. She knew that this reaction was certainly not like her role model anthropologist. The intern, Stacy, had admired Dr. Brennan ever since she became interested into science. It was a dream to be able to work in close proximity with her. Stacy had talked to Temperance a few times and she knew that she was a strong, logical woman. This, to her, did not seem logical.

Stacy watched as Dr. Brennan swiped her key card and run up onto the platform. She slumped into a chair and started to type things on the computer, but Stacy didn’t remember there being a case so she suspected that Dr. Brennan was trying to shake off whatever had happened to her by working. That was not abnormal with Dr. Temperance Brennan. Stacy had few people skills but she figured that striking up a conversation would help Dr. Brennan calm down.

“Dr. Brennan,” Stacy started, approaching Brennan slowly.

“Yes,” Brennan replied; her voice full of sorrow.

“My name is Stacy. I am an intern in the paleontology unit here. We’ve talked a couple of times in the lounge,” Stacy said.

“Oh now I remember. I’m sorry, this isn’t like me,” Temperance said wiping her eyes.

“I figured. Is something wrong?” the question seemed pretty obvious to Stacy but someone once told her that it was ok to ask the self-explanatory question to people.

“Yes, but I don’t think it’s any of your business,” Brennan stated.

“I’m sorry. People tell me that I’m nosey…and nerdy…and geek…and that I have very low….”

“People skills. Yeah me too,” Temperance said getting up off of the chair and walking off the platform and to her office. Stacy followed, but stopped at her office door.

“May I come in,” Stacy asked politely.

“Sure,” Temperance said sitting down on her couch.

Stacy entered the office and closed the door behind her. She noticed that quite a few scientists were leaving the lab. That was odd since it was only midday. She sat down next to Brennan on the couch and met her at eye level.

“Dr. Brennan I know I am just an intern and that we haven’t talked that much, but are you willing to tell me what’s wrong?” Stacey asked.

“You can call me Temperance. I don’t know if I am willing to tell even my closest friend what’s wrong,” Brennan said quietly.

“The artist right, what’s her name,” Stacy pondered.

“Angela. I can tell her everything but this is just too hard,” Brennan said looking down at her shoes.

“Then I should just leave,” Stacy said getting up but Brennan reached up and grabbed her arm.

“No, you’re good company,” Brennan said pulling Stacy back down next to her.

“One of my friends once told me that it was good to tell someone. He said that it helps you get over something,” Stacy said trying to scrape her brain for some good advice, but it was difficult for someone like Stacy Plank.

“I won’t get over this. You see, my partner arrested my father about 6 months ago,” Brennan started.

“Wait a second. Agent Booth arrested your father?” asked Stacy who was clearly startled by the piece of information.

“How did you know that Agent Booth was my partner,” asked Brennan a little startled herself.

“Well he comes here a lot. Everyone always sees you two bickering. Everyone around here pretty much knows about the dynamic duo that is Dr. Brennan and Agent Booth,” said Stacy. She hadn’t realized that her mention of all the playful teasing and bickering tugged at Brennan’s heart. After seeing Brennan’s eyes start to water again, Stacy realized that she had said something wrong.

“Did I say something?” Stacy asked.

“His trail was today and as the arresting officer, Booth had to testify against him. Basically his testimony, among other’s, caused my father to be sentenced to death,” Brennan said through gritted teeth so she wouldn’t start crying again.

“Oh my God. I didn’t realize that I…I’m so sorry,” said Stacy trying her hardest to comfort Brennan.

“I just don’t know if I can trust Booth. He told me that he wouldn’t betray me, but now…I just don’t know,” said Brennan who hugged Stacy and cried into her shoulder. Stacy was startled by the act of kindness or something, but she hugged back anyway.

At that moment the squints walked into the lab as the last scientist left. They ignored the empty lab and walked straight over to Brennan’s office. Of course they were all surprised to see Brennan hugging someone that they had never seen before.

“Sweetie,” Angela said softly walking over to Brennan. Brennan lifted her head from Stacy’s shoulder and started to wipe her eyes, an act that she had done many times in the last hour.

“Hey Angela,” said Brennan.

“Are you feeling any better,” Angela asked rubbing Brennan’s back.

“Not really,” said Brennan. At that moment Booth pushed through the group of squints and walked in front of Brennan’s couch.

“Booth? What do you want?” Brennan’s comment, full of anger, had shocked all of the squints, even Stacy.

“Bones I think we need to talk,” he said looking at her glassy blue-green eyes with agony. Her eyes were so beautiful, but now they were filled with sorrow and anger.

“Actually I don’t think we need to,” Brennan said standing up and looking Booth straight in the eye. Everyone watched the exchange like watching a soap opera.

Just as Booth was about to speak, an alarm rang throughout the lab. Everyone except Stacy and Cam knew that alarm too well. It was the biological contamination alarm that had trapped them inside the lab during Christmas two years ago.

Everyone except Stacy and Cam ran to the door to try to escape, but it was too late. The doors sealed shut in their faces.

“Not again,” was everyone’s response.
Ok I promise to have a chapter up by tomorrow night! So this was the thing that pulled Booth and Bones closer together and that was similar to something that happened before. Is horrible? Is it awesome? Is it the biggest piece of crap you have ever seen put into a story? Tell me, I want to know!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:32 am

BGWGscienceteacher

Posted 30/11/2007 09:35:38 PM

I don't know if you realized it, but in chapter 1 you had Max sentenced to death and in chapter 2 Brennan told Stacey that her father had been sentenced to prison.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:33 am

Glug Glug Woohoo

Posted 01/12/2007 04:52:51 PM

oh sorry about that! I am going to fix it now. Yeah it's supposed to be death.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:33 am

miller0259

Posted 01/12/2007 11:57:49 PM

HAHAHA - "not again"
hehe, that was a nice twist! I thought it would all be depressing and fighting, but you knew just when to throw in a bit of humor...lol. I can't wait for more!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:34 am

ToZiKa

Posted 02/12/2007 01:22:32 PM

Yes that is a good idea...now they just have to talk, there is no way out of the lab and she can't escape Booth.
I hope she realizes that it is not Booth's fault, but her fathers.
He shouldn't have killed all this people.
Booth only did what he had to do.
PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:34 am

Glug Glug Woohoo

Posted 08/12/2007 12:32:53 AM

Hey guys so I am in serious need of a new computer because for the like 50th time, my computer exited out of my writing progress when I was trying to write this next chapter. So let me try this again, how about it?

*********Ch. 3-Irresponsible Behavior*********

Brennan put a hand to her forehead and heaved a sigh. This was the second time that the biological contamination alarm had trapped the group of squints inside the walls of the Jeffersonian. Brennan knew that it was for safety, but she hated it. Sure, the group had grown closer as a family of squints last time, but it sure was a pain. The only upside of this whole thing was that it wasn’t three days before Christmas.

Brennan was curious as to what or who caused the alarm to sound. They were all in her office away from any chemical substances and it looked as though the entire lab had left for the day. That was odd since it was just after noon. This caused Brennan’s mind to reel.

Stacy and Cam watched as everyone rushed out to get through the doors at the sound of the shrill alarm. They obviously had heard it before and knew what it meant. The group’s hasty dash towards the door wasn’t very comforting to them.

Stacy and Cam walked over to the group of sighing and panting scientist and one disheveled FBI agent with confused looks on their faces. Their looks signified that they wanted an answer which Brennan decided to answer.

“That was the biological contamination alarm. Something inside the lab must have triggered it,” Brennan answered.

“Like what?” Cam asked.

“Something chemical that could cause all of us to get deathly ill and/or have a chemical reaction,” Zach replied.

“Thank you Zach for that comforting explanation,” Cam said sarcastically.

“Anytime Dr. Saroyan,” Zach said not catching the sarcasm.

“I don’t get it. We were all in Brennan’s office and there is like no one else here,” said Angela looking around the empty lab for signs of a scientist.

“Why is there no one here,” Hodgins asked Cam.

“It’s part of their small vacation. Everyone in the lab gets this weekend off starting today,” said Cam.

“Stacy, do you know anyone who acts like Dr. Brennan,” Cam asked to Stacy.

“What’s that supposed to mean,” asked Brennan slightly offended.

“I mean someone that doesn’t like to take time off from work. Someone who is constantly at the lab,” Cam said ignoring Brennan.

“I’m not that committed, am I?” Brennan asked.

“Yes,” everyone, even Stacy, replied back.

“Actually, I do no someone like that. Her name is Veronica wiles. She is a workaholic and she has a tendency to posses butter fingers,” Stacy said, proud that she picked up all these terms that she heard from people gossiping about Stacy in the hallway.

Just as Stacy said that, a short, red-headed woman wearing a white robe and dripping wet approached the group.

“That’s Veronica,” Stacy said in a tone that sounded like she didn’t like this Veronica person.

Veronica Wiles was your average nerdy squint. She was short and she had a little of a hunch in her back. She had a large nose with small green eyes and she was squinting probably because she wore glasses and had to take them off to get inside the decontamination shower.

The group surveyed the wet Veronica and from her appearance could tell that what Stacy said about her was most likely true.

“Are you Veronica,” Booth said who had been silently watching the whole time, because he was still shaken from Brennan’s piercing words.

“Yes,” Veronica replied in a soft voice.

“Veronica what did you do this time,” Stacy asked forcefully.

“I saw that everyone else had left for the day because of the vacation. But I wasn’t finished with my experiment. I was testing some of the corrosives to see if I could make a chemical solution that could preserve human flesh for a long period of time. I accidentally dropped one of the chemicals and that caused a chain reaction with some of the chemical gases and now I am talking to you because I am so sorry that I may have caused an epidemic,” Veronica explained extra fast so that mostly everyone except Brennan and Stacy couldn’t understand.

“An epidemic,” Stacy questioned.

“Yeah. I’m sorry,” Veronica apologized.

“So we are officially stuck in the lab…again,” Angela said.

After getting the shots for a disease that was too long to pronounce and after everyone told the three people who weren’t there before what had happened two years ago, everyone split up to eat dinner and get some sleep. That is, everyone except Booth and Brennan.

Brennan sat, spinning in one of the chairs on the platform, thinking of all the events of the day. Getting quarantined inside the lab was only a small event compared to all the other things on her mind. Brennan, Angela, and Cam all set up their sleeping bags inside Angela’s office, the same place that Brennan and Angela had slept last time this had happened.

Brennan’s excuse last time for not sleeping was that she had a murder to solve, but this time she just sat spinning around in a chair and looking around the dormant lab. She still was questioning her trust for her partner after all these years of depending upon him. She was having feelings towards him she never thought she’d have. And they weren’t good feelings.

Meanwhile, as Booth lay on an examination table in the autopsy room listening to Hodgins and Zach snore soundly, he was thinking of the same thoughts that occupied Brennan’s mind. He wanted to prove to her that she could trust him, but he had no idea how. She was so special to him. Ever since the first case they worked on, he knew that they had a good friendship. Lately he had been having strange feelings towards her that were new to him. They were good feelings.

Brennan was thinking of all the great memories that she had of her father. Yes, her father had abandoned her, but she still loved him so much. She had no idea what she was going to do. He was going to die. She hated the thought that her partner had done this to her. She couldn’t help but let the salty tears flow at the thought of it. Her soft whimpers turned into sobbing cries. She sat down in front of one of the examination tables and leaned her head against the cold steal. She pulled her knees to her head and sat there, crying.

Booth heard her from the autopsy room. She was crying. He couldn’t help but get up and walk over to her scrunched up and delicate body. He swiped his card and walked over to her, not making a sound. Her crying tore his heart in two and he let a tear of his own fall. She had her face buried in her knees and didn’t look up at him. He sat down next to her and touched her shoulder, trying not to hug her for fear she would get angry with him.

It was the same scene inside the bathroom at the courthouse. Her sitting there with her face buried in her knees and crying. Her ignoring his comfort. He couldn’t take it anymore. He was on the verge of crying himself.

“Temperance,” was his soft and weak reply.

“Temperance, I need you to know that I would never purposely hurt you. I never intended for it to happen and I am truly, sincerely sorry. I can’t stand the sight of you crying. I can’t stand the fact that it’s because of me and that I can’t just take you into my arms and make the pain go away. I just can’t,” he couldn’t believe what he had just said, but he was glad he did.

She looked up into his eyes. He saw those crystal green and blue orbs stare back at him and he saw that they were engulfed with pain and sorrow. He reached up to her face and wiped her falling tears away. He rubbed her cheek delicately and let one single tear fall from his eyes.

Brennan saw the tear fall. His face was full of hurt and she knew right then and there that he was sorry. Not the ok I want you to stop crying so I guess I’m sorry. Not the well it’ll make me feel better sorry. Brennan, for the first time, knew that it was the I love you and I never would want to hurt you sorry. He loved her. She could tell. The only thing that she could do right now was cry, but she forgave him.

She was still sad that her father was going to die. She was terribly sad, but she had Booth. He would make her pain go away. Her head fell on his shoulder and she sobbed into him. He wrapped his strong arms around her and pulled her to him. He whispered words of comfort to her and said that he was sorry. Her earlier thoughts of him betraying her were washed away and new thoughts flooded her mind. This time they were good thoughts.

She fell asleep in his arms. He sat there, listening to her soft breathing and entangling his fingers in her hair. He smelled the sweet aroma of her shampoo and perfume. He gently rocked her in his arms. For the first time he knew that he loved her. He loved his partner. It was the greatest feeling that ever overtook him. It was better than his love for Rebecca or Cam. This was true love.

He sat there thinking of everything that would happen for the two of them in the future. That thought made him go to sleep with a soft smile on his lips.

THE END!
So I thought it would be longer than that, and that this chapter would be like two chapters but I just couldn’t stop writing and my musie just took over. Just in case you wonder, they do get out of the lab but that detail is not as important as their love! Thanks for the reviews guys!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:35 am

he is a wee little
puppet man

Posted 08/12/2007 03:43:06 PM

oh glugg!!!!!!!!!

that was a wonderful ending, so much emotion, oh that was just wonderful, chills all over me right now! you wrapped it up very well. nicely done sweetie!!!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:36 am

ToZiKa

Posted 08/12/2007 06:00:25 PM

I loved the happy ending...
It was just perfect...
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down