Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advance Review: BONES “The Mastodon in the Room”

+6
HermioneGirl101
mommahurley
katharine
anthropologystudent
geraghtyvl
bugaboo628
10 posters

Go down

Advance Review: BONES “The Mastodon in the Room” Empty Advance Review: BONES “The Mastodon in the Room”

Post by bugaboo628 Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:02 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Advance Review: BONES “The Mastodon in the Room” Empty Re: Advance Review: BONES “The Mastodon in the Room”

Post by geraghtyvl Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Wow, thanks for posting bug.I'm looking forward to watching the first episode. It sounds like ED was amazing.

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Advance Review: BONES “The Mastodon in the Room” Empty Re: Advance Review: BONES “The Mastodon in the Room”

Post by anthropologystudent Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:50 pm

When I read this article it got me really excited for Thursday during my bed rest I have watched pretty much all 5 seasons so far and Now I can not wait for Thursday to get here!
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:59 pm

[quote="bugaboo628"][Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It will be interesting to see the diner scene with Angela. We saw some of it in the promos when she asks Angela if she is in love with Booth. But this review makes it seem like there are a few moving comments after that awkward promo that we
saw. Maybe she actually opens up to Angela - just a little. That would be great.

For those of you that were spoiler and blog happy this time last year - did you know this much at that time???? Well really there wasn't this much to know last year either. We all knew Booth would make it out of his coma. I just feel like with all these promos and spoilers we know half of the first episode already. I may be surprised though when I watch and say to myself - so that's the next line from the promo.

I just know I'm excited for Thursday to get here.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:21 pm

[quote="katharine"]
bugaboo628 wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It will be interesting to see the diner scene with Angela. We saw some of it in the promos when she asks Angela if she is in love with Booth. But this review makes it seem like there are a few moving comments after that awkward promo that we
saw. Maybe she actually opens up to Angela - just a little. That would be great.

For those of you that were spoiler and blog happy this time last year - did you know this much at that time???? Well really there wasn't this much to know last year either. We all knew Booth would make it out of his coma. I just feel like with all these promos and spoilers we know half of the first episode already. I may be surprised though when I watch and say to myself - so that's the next line from the promo.

Are you kidding me? Do you not remember how mush talk, speculation, running away with speculations there was about the sides that had Brennan getting stabbed, and Booth and Brennan sliding to the floor in a passionate kiss? We had goo goo bable talk about the fact that Seeley "JOseph" Booth was BACK BBABY...and sporting some serious stubble.... we had multiple 2nd cut trailers showing Angela, Brennan and Avalonia discussing Brennan's love life.... We had long trailers of Booth and Brennan using that lawn mower radar thingy...GPR... We has just as much painc and speculation as we do now...and over the top excitment after the ep, because " He called her BABY" and kissed her on the head.

But... all that doesn't really matter...BONES IS BACK...THIS THURSDAY>>>>> I can't wait!!!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:39 pm

It's reviews like this that reinforce my faith in this show. I'm officially uber-excited for Thursday!
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:12 pm

It's nearly here!!!!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:35 pm

I read the article - sounds pretty good. Love that she comes back pretty clear and has the talk pretty clear. Also loved that they made SURE to let us know the raghag is not physically in the premier. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:59 pm

seriously?? what moving admission is made to Angela??? I can't wait till thursday I must know now!!! LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:04 am

katharine wrote:

We got some pretty detailed spoiler clips before the premiere last year as well ( the opening scene with CL, the reunion between B/B, the ILY...in an atta girl way scene), so to answer your question yeah I think we knew this much last year too.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:02 am

[quote="mommahurley"]
katharine wrote:

Are you kidding me? Do you not remember how mush talk, speculation, running away with speculations there was about the sides that had Brennan getting stabbed, and Booth and Brennan sliding to the floor in a passionate kiss? We had goo goo bable talk about the fact that Seeley "JOseph" Booth was BACK BBABY...and sporting some serious stubble.... we had multiple 2nd cut trailers showing Angela, Brennan and Avalonia discussing Brennan's love life.... We had long trailers of Booth and Brennan using that lawn mower radar thingy...GPR... We has just as much painc and speculation as we do now...and over the top excitment after the ep, because " He called her BABY" and kissed her on the head.

But... all that doesn't really matter...BONES IS BACK...THIS THURSDAY>>>>> I can't wait!!!

I wasn't on this blog or any other Bones blog last year at this time, that is why I asked. I was a spoiler free watcher at that time. I guess I should have made myself clear when I asked that question. So no, I wasn't kidding.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:10 am

treble21 wrote:seriously?? what moving admission is made to Angela??? I can't wait till thursday I must know now!!! LOL

I KNEW (if HH had any sense left - which he apparently has, at least a little bit) Brennan was NOT going to come back clueless! I'm looking forward to everyone's reviews. Smile I'll dvr it - if for
nothing else, to fast-forward to that scene! Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:15 am

joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:seriously?? what moving admission is made to Angela??? I can't wait till thursday I must know now!!! LOL

I KNEW (if HH had any sense left - which he apparently has, at least a little bit) Brennan was NOT going to come back clueless! I'm looking forward to everyone's reviews. Smile I'll dvr it - if for
nothing else, to fast-forward to that scene! Very Happy

I know right? the thing is that a lot of us had speculated that scene might include an admission from Brennan about her feelings... I just honestly never really thought it would happen... and based on this review... it kinda sounds like it does. which makes me cheers cheers cheers
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:02 am

[quote="katharine"]
mommahurley wrote:
katharine wrote:

I wasn't on this blog or any other Bones blog last year at this time, that is why I asked. I was a spoiler free watcher at that time. I guess I should have made myself clear when I asked that question. So no, I wasn't kidding.

No worries Katherine.... welcome...That was a laughing "are you kidding" not a critical "are you kidding" cause I suddenly had a mental bubble remembering how excited we were with all the info we go... Booth kissing Brennan, the I love you...in an attagirl kinda way... you're in love with dr. Brennan (from Cam) but the thing people were the most excited about was Booth looking scruffy saying "I'm back baby" "seeley josesph booth is back!" swoon.... lol

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:08 am

I loved that review as well... It really made the premier sound great...
But in the true spirit of my name... I hope everyone will take all this with a small grain of salt as well... The admission will proabably not be "I"m in love with Booth" it will proabably be more along the lines of.."It was a mistake to leave everyone...that mean so much to me" or something like that!

I really don't think HH is going to let her give away the whole banana in the first ep. lol.

Just don't want everyone so disappointed that we have to start the mourning process all over again... lol But, even that For Brennan... is HUGE!!!!! I'm looking for HUGE statements said in small subtle ways. We can save HUGE for someday...when she says it right to him...!

I'm so excited for Thursday now...so happy I finally got over my hissy fit of earlier this summer.....Life's Very Happy so much better when you're on board the happy train!!! toast

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:33 am

I think she's come back not clueless, that doesn't mean she comes back and says - "hey Ang, I'm in love with Booth" .Laughing...she may ask if these feelings she's come to acknowledge MEAN that she's in love with Booth. I'm thinking she's going to be Booth specific, whatever it is - after all she told Angela when she left she was going to get some perspective on things - like why she's always worried about Booth.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:49 am

mommahurley wrote:I loved that review as well... It really made the premier sound great...
But in the true spirit of my name... I hope everyone will take all this with a small grain of salt as well... The admission will proabably not be "I"m in love with Booth" it will proabably be more along the lines of.."It was a mistake to leave everyone...that mean so much to me" or something like that!

I really don't think HH is going to let her give away the whole banana in the first ep. lol.

Just don't want everyone so disappointed that we have to start the mourning process all over again... lol But, even that For Brennan... is HUGE!!!!! I'm looking for HUGE statements said in small subtle ways. We can save HUGE for someday...when she says it right to him...!

I'm so excited for Thursday now...so happy I finally got over my hissy fit of earlier this summer.....Life's Very Happy so much better when you're on board the happy train!!! toast

Oh I agree with you. I would love for her to blurt that out to Angela, but you are so right, she won't. Even if we just get something like what you said it's more than what we've had from her before. I think it will be depressing for awhile because we will feel sorry that Brennan is missing out on something special.
But I truly hope that this year is her year. Her year to come to terms with her life, her emotions, her social awkwardness and her love. I don't think they have too many more seasons for her to be able to do that. This plot line with Hanah hopefully will be that for her.
And of course we all know Booth is in love with being in love and still high over a "war time" romance. He's not really in love with Hanah, not real love.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:03 am

exactly. It's more like adrenaline...than love... It takes time for real love to grow. Maybe not 7 years.... lol.... but the thing about love is...when it's good, it just keeps growing to encompass more and more , friends, children, grandchildren... love only grows when it's nurtured. Right now Brennan can't nurture Booth's love so it's good that they're going to awaken Brennan fully before she can commit to it with Booth.

Booth is craving the feeling of being loved...he needs it deeply...so he's accepting it from Hannah, but he will realize it's not "chocolate" .. it's "mockolate" (friends reference here) lol.

Booth will only ever be happy with the real thing.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:05 am

joybrennan wrote:I think she's come back not clueless, that doesn't mean she comes back and says - "hey Ang, I'm in love with Booth" .Laughing...she may ask if these feelings she's come to acknowledge MEAN that she's in love with Booth. I'm thinking she's going to be Booth specific, whatever it is - after all she told Angela when she left she was going to get some perspective on things - like why she's always worried about Booth.

This is exactly what I was thinking too, I'm not expecting a declaration of love, but I'm happy nontheless because I wasn't expecting Brennan to acknowledge anything . And honestly i think whatever she says to Ang HAS to be Booth-specific, nothing else would fit in that scene, we already know based on promo's that they are talking about Booth and Hannah, it would make no sense if Brennan's admission had nothing to do with Booth.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:25 am

Crossing fingers and toes, but prepared for something less than a declaration...!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:40 am

katharine wrote:
mommahurley wrote:I loved that review as well... It really made the premier sound great...

Oh I agree with you. I would love for her to blurt that out to Angela, but you are so right, she won't. Even if we just get something like what you said it's more than what we've had from her before. I think it will be depressing for awhile because we will feel sorry that Brennan is missing out on something special.
But I truly hope that this year is her year. Her year to come to terms with her life, her emotions, her social awkwardness and her love. I don't think they have too many more seasons for her to be able to do that. This plot line with Hanah hopefully will be that for her.
And of course we all know Booth is in love with being in love and still high over a "war time" romance. He's not really in love with Hanah, not real love.

Yeah... I agree to. At first, I totally thought Brennan was going to "blurt" to Angela that she's in love with Booth, but I don't think so anymore...but I don't think she will be totally clueless. I think she will have realized that she feels something for Booth, but she doesn't know what those feelings mean, ya know...but I do think whatever her admission to Angela is has to be Booth-specific ecause we already know that they were talking about Booth/Hannah...and it's going to be huge for Brennan. If what TPTB say is true, it looks like one of the major themes throughout season will be Brennan coming to terms with her feelings, so I don't think she's going to come back knowing that she's in love with Booth. We are going to see her slowly start to realize that, but by the end of this season, I have no doubt that Brennan will able to admit to herself and maybe to Angela that she loves Booth and that she wants to be with him. She can tell Booth herself the right way...when the time comes.

...Oh, and mommahurely. I love you I'm so on board the happy train with you...and it's awesome to feel this way. My glass still isn't completely full, but it's getting there. Even thought I still don't like this storyline, I'm willing to give a chance and see where it goes. I don't really expect B&B to get together right after she leaves, but I have no doubt that Hannah wil somehow bring B&B a little closer together than before. Wink
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down