Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

+19
bones fan 99
gordongordonfan
SwaggerHeart
TinkonBrink
the beaver1965
tinge1990
MI_Bonesgirl
adbyadby
joybrennan
crzy4bones
i_heart_bones
SnoopGirl
RubyRuby
HermioneGirl101
bailey
treble21
dreamerktm411
jro54
mereva
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave" - Page 2 Empty Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:23 pm

joybrennan wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:B&B are BOTH equally responsible for where they are at. Actually the writers are responsible. But neither of these characters are perfect and they both lack serious communication skills where each other is concerned.

Beautifully said. cheers

Completely agree.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave" - Page 2 Empty Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:37 pm

mereva wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:She does not know what goes on behind closed doors.
Behind closed doors goes the beginning of ep 3, namely SEX. Mad
(Sorry Snoop, I'm really grumpy today, didn't sleep well.)
I am "assuming" they are having "good fun sex" but that doesn't mean all is good in the rest of their relationship.
Sorry you didn't [Only admins are allowed to see this image] well ... makes the day seem much longer.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 pm

treble21 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:B&B are BOTH equally responsible for where they are at. Actually the writers are responsible. But neither of these characters are perfect and they both lack serious communication skills where each other is concerned.

Beautifully said. cheers

Completely agree.

Completely agree as well [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Well, technically, the characters cannot be responsible for their decisions since they are not real.

(Brennan moment.)

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 pm

Well, technically, the characters cannot be responsible for their decisions since they are not real.

(Brennan moment.)

Love it --- [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:57 pm

No matter how they spin it, a poster here HATES or a better word would be DESPISES Booth. Yet, this said poster gets pissed when somebody HATES Brennan. Go figure!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 am

tinge1990 wrote:

(Brennan moment.)
Actually, upon reading the statement, the fictional character known as Brennan would have no comment, since the statement attributes the characters' imperfections and communication issues to the writers. Cool

J. Brennan
Very Happy

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:03 am

Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin at The Aby.
Let there be peace on earth, the peace that was meant to be.
With Bones as our favorite,
show fans all are we.
Let's debate with each other
with respectful honesty.

I love you
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:22 am

joybrennan wrote:Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin at The Aby.
show fans all are we.
with respectful honesty.

I love you

Channenling Christmas again, huh? Wink

But, if you're not going to watch the new season, you won't be able to debate with us ... and I like debating with you, because even though we usually disagree we seem to have nice conversations. Maybe you could try to watch? Take notes on points to debate about, see it as a project. Lol. Because if I have to debate with people who can't debate properly I'll just quit coming here. Sad Tis not nearly as much fun.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:41 am

Is it possible to bridge the great Brennan Booth haters divide?

A wise psychologist (who now delivers up delicacies that look like sperm on corn smut but are magically scrumptious) once said that "Booth and Brennan aren't in any way opposites."

A younger, but no less talented psychologist protested. (Man! Woman! Intellectual! Empirical!)

"Superficial ephemera"...and was rebuffed.

They are both flawed characters, products of a less than idyllic childhood. Fathers that were capable of great violence. A steel fist in a velvet glove and steel fist. Brothers that were a disappointment...that they are slowly coming to accept.

Until a dark night when a gambler asked a scientist to gamble...and everything, it seemed, twisted and bent beyond recognition in the car crash.

You cannot hate one and love the other...they are equally saint and sinner. She is not worried about her heart breaking, only breaking his (although, all along she breaks it a little anyway.) He never says he loves her, never says that he does not want her to change. The entire thing is a mess on both sides.

Do I look at Brennan's face as she watches Booth with Hannah and feel my stomach drop? Yes. She did this though, this is 50% her fault.
Do I hate Booth for shoving pictures of his new girl in Brennan's (and our) face? A little. Brennan said he deserves a good woman...Hannah may be a good woman. (Is she the right woman?)

Right? Wrong? Gambler? Scientist? War Correspondent? Heart? Head? Hate? Love?

Superficial ephemera.

TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:30 am

I completely agree.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerHeart Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:36 am

TinkonBrink wrote:Is it possible to bridge the great Brennan Booth haters divide?

A wise psychologist (who now delivers up delicacies that look like sperm on corn smut but are magically scrumptious) once said that "Booth and Brennan aren't in any way opposites."

A younger, but no less talented psychologist protested. (Man! Woman! Intellectual! Empirical!)

"Superficial ephemera"...and was rebuffed.

They are both flawed characters, products of a less than idyllic childhood. Fathers that were capable of great violence. A steel fist in a velvet glove and steel fist. Brothers that were a disappointment...that they are slowly coming to accept.

Until a dark night when a gambler asked a scientist to gamble...and everything, it seemed, twisted and bent beyond recognition in the car crash.

You cannot hate one and love the other...they are equally saint and sinner. She is not worried about her heart breaking, only breaking his (although, all along she breaks it a little anyway.) He never says he loves her, never says that he does not want her to change. The entire thing is a mess on both sides.

Do I look at Brennan's face as she watches Booth with Hannah and feel my stomach drop? Yes. She did this though, this is 50% her fault.
Do I hate Booth for shoving pictures of his new girl in Brennan's (and our) face? A little. Brennan said he deserves a good woman...Hannah may be a good woman. (Is she the right woman?)

Right? Wrong? Gambler? Scientist? War Correspondent? Heart? Head? Hate? Love?

Superficial ephemera.

That was beautiful Razz im all warm inside now I love you

SwaggerHeart
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 31
Say What You Want : 2010!! But what is this decade called. we had the 20's 30's ... 0's but what is it now? ... teens?
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:26 am

Honestly, I can't see how people can still hate one character and love the other. How can they even support the B&B ship? How can they even watch this show if they hate the main character so much? They are both flawed characters. Just like human beings, the make mistakes. Thay are both products of horrible childhood. Yes, Brennan rejects Booth...but she didn't reject him because she doesn't love him or that she doesn't want to be with him. She rejects him because she doesn't believe she can change, that she's not worthy enough of for him...and he never says, "I love you." He just gave up, as soon as she balked. They are BOTH responsible for the this mess that they are in (and the writers)
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:55 am

bailey wrote:
joybrennan wrote:Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin at The Aby.
show fans all are we.
with respectful honesty.

I love you

Channenling Christmas again, huh? Wink

But, if you're not going to watch the new season, you won't be able to debate with us ... and I like debating with you, because even though we usually disagree we seem to have nice conversations. Maybe you could try to watch? Take notes on points to debate about, see it as a project. Lol. Because if I have to debate with people who can't debate properly I'll just quit coming here. Sad Tis not nearly as much fun.

@ Bailey - LOVE YOUR SIG! I love you
Yes, you are a good debater - we respectfully tend to disagree. Smile However, I'm gonna have to sit afew out. If just the promos almost caused me a coronary, the actual episode very well could be lethal. Smile I just pushed my LSAT back to December because it's been a difficult summer (not BECAUSE of the Bones fiasco. It's actually been a welcome distraction) and I REALLY need to buckle down and study - I don't want to be distracted by Bones angst. I start brooding [Only admins are allowed to see this link] or [Only admins are allowed to see this link] and then...[Only admins are allowed to see this link]. Can't afford the time, nor the space in my head! Very Happy. Hopefully things will be okay enough to watch by ep 4 or so. Like, there will be trouble between Raghag and Booth. This was said by someone a while ago and I feel the same way - I just can't deal with Emily's sad eyed little girl look. No No No I bet if we sent her to North Korea we could get them to stop with the nuclear arms stuff - one sad little girl look from Emily and it would all be over. Very Happy. Anyway, I know I'm definetely watching The Shallow in the Deep and where she solves her own death. On the fence about ep. 4. I HATE Jersey Shore! Mad However,eps 1,2,3 NO WAY! puke No I'll be checking out "My Generation" on ABC - the creator/showrunner is a former Bones writer from season's 1 & 2. (I gotta at least keep it in the Bones family. Laughing)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by adbyadby Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 am

I think you will find it is more one way, people who love Brennan dont hate booth infacted you could say that you cant have one with out the other, as Brennan wont be who is is today without Booth and Booth wouldn't be who he is today with out Brennan. They are part of each others world and the show reflects that. Yes i will agree that there are Brennan lovers who hate Booth but for the most part you will find that this is not the case

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:02 am

So everyone....

How bout those Mets?
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:04 am

adbyadby wrote:I think you will find it is more one way, people who love Brennan dont hate booth infacted you could say that you cant have one with out the other, as Brennan wont be who is is today without Booth and Booth wouldn't be who he is today with out Brennan. They are part of each others world and the show reflects that. Yes i will agree that there are Brennan lovers who hate Booth but for the most part you will find that this is not the case

they are both err "the parts in the sum of the whole" ??? no?? in my very personal opinion we're just finding a little more fault on the character to whom we idntify with the least ie. those of us who idenify with brennan and her issues blame booth ... he should have known better..... thoses of us who identify with the hottness that is booth are like ... what??? who would turn that fine specimen down???

I sit in the middle quite mad with both of them!! ahhh all I can do is watch and see what they do next and hope that both of them look at what their lives is without the other front and centre... you know not as much fun Very Happy
SIDENOTE: I also blame sweets, if he hadn't meddled they would have slowly meandered their way together .......

Anywho backing back out of the arguments at hand........

Last edited by bones fan 99 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:04 am

gordongordonfan wrote:So everyone....

How bout those Mets?

HOT PIC
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by adbyadby Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:17 am

bones fan 99 wrote:
adbyadby wrote:I think you will find it is more one way, people who love Brennan dont hate booth infacted you could say that you cant have one with out the other, as Brennan wont be who is is today without Booth and Booth wouldn't be who he is today with out Brennan. They are part of each others world and the show reflects that. Yes i will agree that there are Brennan lovers who hate Booth but for the most part you will find that this is not the case

SIDENOTE: I also blame sweets, if he hadn't meddled they would have slowly meandered their way together .......

100% agree here

Anywho backing back out of the arguments at hand........

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:20 am

joybrennan wrote:

@ Bailey - LOVE YOUR SIG! I love you
Yes, you are a good debater - we respectfully tend to disagree. Smile However, I'm gonna have to sit afew out. If just the promos almost caused me a coronary, the actual episode very well could be lethal. Smile I just pushed my LSAT back to December because it's been a difficult summer (not BECAUSE of the Bones fiasco. It's actually been a welcome distraction) and I REALLY need to buckle down and study - I don't want to be distracted by Bones angst. I start brooding [Only admins are allowed to see this link] or [Only admins are allowed to see this link] and then...[Only admins are allowed to see this link]. Can't afford the time, nor the space in my head! Very Happy. Hopefully things will be okay enough to watch by ep 4 or so. Like, there will be trouble between Raghag and Booth. This was said by someone a while ago and I feel the same way - I just can't deal with Emily's sad eyed little girl look. No No No I bet if we sent her to North Korea we could get them to stop with the nuclear arms stuff - one sad little girl look from Emily and it would all be over. Very Happy. Anyway, I know I'm definetely watching The Shallow in the Deep and where she solves her own death. On the fence about ep. 4. I HATE Jersey Shore! Mad However,eps 1,2,3 NO WAY! puke No I'll be checking out "My Generation" on ABC - the creator/showrunner is a former Bones writer from season's 1 & 2. (I gotta at least keep it in the Bones family. Laughing)

Ok, ok, I understand. Smile Although I gotta say I think your anticipation, wondering about what's happening, etc. will be a distraction as well. And yes, I understand about fandoms being used to distract from real life ... kinda nice to put undue focus on something like a tv show to take your mind off of bad things in real life sometimes.

Hopefully after we watch and let you know what we see, there might be at least some redeeming value that will make you think you can stomach it. (Then again after episode two I might be puking as well and skipping episode 3. Lol.) As for the Jersey Shore episode, I can't stand that show either, but I take it that Hart and Co. also hate the show and that this episode will be making fun of the whole thing, so I'm looking forward to it for that reason. Smile

My Generation does look good. I'll have to add it to my list of shows to check out this season. Smile I love tv.

I'm sure we'll still find something to talk about. Wink

Oh, and thank you for the compliment on my sig!!! They're so adorable. Smile David and Emily that is, not my signatures. Lol.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:31 am

Basically you're saying there are haters on both sides, just more on one than the other, right? What does this have to do with Booth and Brennan or the upcoming story-lines? People disagree, people may have favorites - some of us may have extreme favorites. The important thing is that we state our opinions respectfully, and are respectful of each other. I guess we could ask that even if you hate the characters you should be respectful of them as well - they might get their feelings hurt. Laughing Seriously though, we do get VERY attached to the characters - otherwise we wouldn't be here. So, here's my general suggestion: mean what you say, say what you mean, but don't say it mean. Wink

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:36 am

What's funny is that I haven't seen the sides in this as Booth haters vs. Brennan haters, although I suppose it could boil down to that. I've seen it more as those who hate Hart & the writers against those we don't hate them. Lol.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by adbyadby Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:30 am

joybrennan wrote:

Basically you're saying there are haters on both sides, just more on one than the other, right? What does this have to do with Booth and Brennan or the upcoming story-lines? People disagree, people may have favorites - some of us may have extreme favorites. The important thing is that we state our opinions respectfully, and are respectful of each other. I guess we could ask that even if you hate the characters you should be respectful of them as well - they might get their feelings hurt. Laughing Seriously though, we do get VERY attached to the characters - otherwise we wouldn't be here. So, here's my general suggestion: mean what you say, say what you mean, but don't say it mean. Wink

Yep Smile that basically what im saying What a Face and it is correct that it doesn't have anything to do with the story lines coming up, but i do feel it has alot to do with the attitude of alot of people on here. Me personaly love Brennan but dont Hate Booth as i said you cant have done without the other, but it seems to me that people that love Booth hate Brennan that i dont understand, and that does get to you on this site. i Gues my point was that the Brennan loves like Booth as well but the Booth lovers seem to always hate Brennan and yes there are exceptions hug sos bowdown

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:35 am

OK, Good advise. I will say this with no MEANNESS attached to it. Some posters are really disappointed at Booth for having another woman in his life. I didn't say Hate, only disappointed. Let all of us be honest with ourselves. Which one of us wouldn't have done the same thing Booth did when he was away. He was wounded because the love of his life(Brennan is most certainly the love of his life) turned him down, so he turned to someone else to erase the hurt. This definitely happens in real life.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by adbyadby Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:50 am

the beaver1965 wrote:OK, Good advise. I will say this with no MEANNESS attached to it. Some posters are really disappointed at Booth for having another woman in his life. I didn't say Hate, only disappointed. Let all of us be honest with ourselves. Which one of us wouldn't have done the same thing Booth did when he was away. He was wounded because the love of his life(Brennan is most certainly the love of his life) turned him down, so he turned to someone else to erase the hurt. This definitely happens in real life.

I can say 100% that I would not have done the same thing. If Brennan was truly the love of his life, he would have given her more than 2 seconds before saying he needed to move on. I know from personal experience. My wfie said to me twice, she was not ready, butI didn't say then and there, that OMG I have to give up on you and move on. She is and always will be the love of my life, and She is and always will be the love of my life, and from the love of your life, you will NEVER EVER move on, you will wait as long as it takes.

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next