Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Emily

+16
mereva
MI_Bonesgirl
tinge1990
RubyRuby
THX1138
Beliskner
treble21
tinkrella
bailey
elyon
katharine
joybrennan
Ankuuh
DONEWITHIT
jro54
kat0505
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Interview with Emily  - Page 4 Empty Re: Interview with Emily

Post by Chocolate Chip Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:56 am

elyon wrote:Also no one has questioned Hannah's motives. I seriously doubt whether an investigative reporter who likes to live on the edge sees Booth as anything more than a casual fling much the same way Brennan told Sully that their relationship was. He wants someone for the long haul but I doubt very much if she is going to see it that way and I also doubt that he actually views her in that way. Certainly the writers aren't going to view it in that way.

Yep, she is unknown, perhaps it did just start of as a fling.

Also factor in them meeting in war zone - there is a lot going on here, that we are totally in the dark about.

We know so very little or what is happening, motives etc..

I think it is going to be very interesting to see it being played out
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:09 am

elyon wrote:Also no one has questioned Hannah's motives. I seriously doubt whether an investigative reporter who likes to live on the edge sees Booth as anything more than a casual fling much the same way Brennan told Sully that their relationship was. He wants someone for the long haul but I doubt very much if she is going to see it that way and I also doubt that he actually views her in that way. Certainly the writers aren't going to view it in that way.

Oh I have very much questioned Hannah's motives and intentions. I do not trust her at all.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:51 am

Chocolate Chip wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
I think Booth understands that Brennan is his one true forever love...but what can you do when that person tells you she doesn't want you...and won't even try? Again, Booth doesn't tell her he's moving on to look for someone to love...he tells her he's going to find someone to love him. And at the root, really that's who Booth is...he wants to BE loved. and yet he keeps getting kicked around instead...Rebecca, and Cam later pretty much tells him that she was just "satisfied" and not in love, and then when Brennan shuts him down but then begs to stay partners, his view is that he's not worthy of her love, but that she's using him as her connection to the outside world, and so he tells her that he's looking for someone willing to love HIM for 30, 40, 50 years not for someone for him to love...because he already knows that no matter if he finds someone that will make him "happy", she won't ever be his one true love.

Bottom line for me is - that Booth asked Brennan for them to be together. She said no. She said no. There is no fancing dancing around that.

There was no hope for a future given, no give me time from her. Nothing. As much a Booth was quick to say that he had to move on, Brennan was just as equally as quick to say no to him in the first place.

Now, instead of Booth seeing Brennan struggle with her rejection of him, which would of given him a clue that she was hurt as much as he was after his confession, all we got was Brennan making googly eyes at Hacker, hearing about whether or not they were having sex or not, giggling with Angela on what she should wear and watching her and Hacker flirt at the diner. Then practically pushing on to Booth how great she thought that Catherine was for him, how glad she was to see him dating.

Right up tilll the season finale, they had opportunity of having Brennan stop and tell Booth, that she was having second thoughts about them but that didn't happen, we got her telling Angela not Booth. Not to mention oh "our partnership is the most important thing to me" only to a few epis later I can't work with you, taxi to the other side of the world.

Now I am confused writing this, how must Booth feel. Razz

This is me trying to give another perspective, because there always is, there is never one person at fault in a relationship. Brennan has had a hand in why Booth has got a new relationship just as much as he has.

I love you
Ummm...she told Booth she didn't want to have sex with Hacker. That entire talk about dinner being "code for sex" ends with her telling Booth that she told Hacker no. Nor did she say that she didn't want or couldn't work with him. She was CONSIDERING going. This was a once in a life-time career opportunity, and she STILL didn't solidify it until AFTER talking about it with Booth. Her words, "We're partners, I wouldn't go without talking about it with you first." I don't think she "sent him to Afghanistan." Booth's sense of duty sent him. However, if I WERE making that argument, then it could be equally said Booth sent her to Maluka - I mean he certainly didn't try and stop her. Cool

Frankly, why would she tell Booth she was having second thoughts? What, to string him along while she figures things out? The thing with Brennan is this: she loves him and is in love with him. EVERYTHING SHE DOES comes out of that - only SHE isn't aware of that. She says no to Booth because in that moment she's terrified she won't be able to manage it and she'll hurt him. She wants Booth to be happy so she encourages him with Katherine, even though there's something going on with her about it that she just can't understand or label. Even her leaving, things between them have been weird. She needs space to figure out what's going on with her; she knows that. Booth told her he's moving on and will be looking for someone else. Does she say, "don't do that because I may actually be in love with you but I'm not sure yet." Rolling Eyes If she did, then we'd be calling her a selfish _itch. Rolling Eyes

As for she told Booth "no," actually, her entire speech was she was afraid she hurt him and - while she is CRYING - that she couldn't change. Obviously, in that 30 seconds, Booth decided she was right - even though, knowing her over the last four years, he's seen her make some MAJOR changes in her thinking, most of them with his guidance. Rolling Eyes Oh well, you're the love of my life, but you say you can't change, so I'll be moving along now." WTF? I've seen men be more persistent trying to get a date to the movies. Rolling Eyes

For me, that scene completely rearranged Booth's character for me. His ideals about making love etc, aren't ideals he'll fight for. It's got to be handed to him. All his little jokes and stories - like his bit toSweets about the twins, his reaction to the story of the nerd boy getting the hot girls (remember: no way a guy like THAT gets a girl like HER) and THIS reaction to Brennan - add up to a man who expects a woman to automatically fall into a relationship. Is he good in a relationship, absolutely, If the girl falls into his arms he will definitely catch her. If not, oh well, another one will come along who will. Rolling Eyes I don't believe in fairy-tales, happily ever after takes work. However, if Booth had been the prince in Cinderella, Cindy would still be scrubbing her stepmom's floors. Evil or Very Mad An even better analogy: if he was the prince in Snow-White, heck, Snow would still be snoring away now. Twisted Evil

Last edited by joybrennan on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:15 am

joybrennan wrote:
Chocolate Chip wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
I think Booth understands that Brennan is his one true forever love...but what can you do when that person tells you she doesn't want you...and won't even try? Again, Booth doesn't tell her he's moving on to look for someone to love...he tells her he's going to find someone to love him. And at the root, really that's who Booth is...he wants to BE loved. and yet he keeps getting kicked around instead...Rebecca, and Cam later pretty much tells him that she was just "satisfied" and not in love, and then when Brennan shuts him down but then begs to stay partners, his view is that he's not worthy of her love, but that she's using him as her connection to the outside world, and so he tells her that he's looking for someone willing to love HIM for 30, 40, 50 years not for someone for him to love...because he already knows that no matter if he finds someone that will make him "happy", she won't ever be his one true love.

Bottom line for me is - that Booth asked Brennan for them to be together. She said no. She said no. There is no fancing dancing around that.

There was no hope for a future given, no give me time from her. Nothing. As much a Booth was quick to say that he had to move on, Brennan was just as equally as quick to say no to him in the first place.

Now, instead of Booth seeing Brennan struggle with her rejection of him, which would of given him a clue that she was hurt as much as he was after his confession, all we got was Brennan making googly eyes at Hacker, hearing about whether or not they were having sex or not, giggling with Angela on what she should wear and watching her and Hacker flirt at the diner. Then practically pushing on to Booth how great she thought that Catherine was for him, how glad she was to see him dating.

Right up tilll the season finale, they had opportunity of having Brennan stop and tell Booth, that she was having second thoughts about them but that didn't happen, we got her telling Angela not Booth. Not to mention oh "our partnership is the most important thing to me" only to a few epis later I can't work with you, taxi to the other side of the world.

This is me trying to give another perspective, because there always is, there is never one person at fault in a relationship. Brennan has had a hand in why Booth has got a new relationship just as much as he has.

I love you
Ummm...she told Booth she didn't want to have sex with Hacker. That entire talk about dinner being "code for sex" ends with her telling Booth that she told Booth no. Nor did she say that she didn't want or couldn't work with him. She was CONSIDERING going. This was a once in a life-time career opportunity, and she STILL didn't solidify it until AFTER talking about it with Booth. Her words, "We're partners, I wouldn't go without talking about it with you first." I don't think she "sent him to Afghanistan." Booth's sense of duty sent him. However, if I WERE making that argument, then it could be equally said Booth sent her to Maluka - I mean he certainly didn't try and stop her. Cool

Frankly, why would she tell Booth she was having second thoughts? What, to string him along while she figures things out? The thing with Brennan is this: she loves him and is in love with him. EVERYTHING SHE DOES comes out of that - only SHE isn't aware of that. She says no to Booth because in that moment she's terrified she won't be able to manage it and she'll hurt him. She wants Booth to be happy so she encourages him with Katherine, even though there's something going on with her about it that she just can't understand or label. Even her leaving, things between them have been weird. She needs space to figure out what's going on with her; she knows that. Booth told her he's moving on and will be looking for someone else. Does she say, "don't do that because I may actually be in love with you but I'm not sure yet." Rolling Eyes If she did, then we'd be calling her a selfish _itch. Rolling Eyes

As for she told Booth "no," actually, her entire speech was she was afraid she hurt him and - while she is CRYING - that she couldn't change. Obviously, in that 30 seconds, Booth decided she was right - even though, knowing her over the last four years, he's seen her make some MAJOR changes in her thinking, most of them with his guidance. Rolling Eyes Oh well, you're the love of my life, but you say you can't change, so I'll be moving along now." WTF? I've seen men be more persistent trying to get a date to the movies. Rolling Eyes

For me, that scene completely rearranged Booth's character for me. His ideals about making love etc, aren't ideals he'll fight for. It's got to be handed to him. All his little jokes and stories - like his bit toSweets about the twins, his reaction to the story of the nerd boy getting the hot girls (remember: no way a guy like THAT gets a girl like HER) and THIS reaction to Brennan - add up to a man who expects a woman to automatically fall into a relationship. Is he good in a relationship, absolutely, If the girl falls into his arms he will definitely catch her. If not, oh well, another one will come along who will. Rolling Eyes I don't believe in fairy-tales, happily ever after takes work. However, if Booth had been the prince in Cinderella, Cindy would still be scrubbing her stepmom's floors. Evil or Very Mad An even better analogy: if he was the prince in Snow-White, heck, Snow would still be snoring away now. Twisted Evil

I have nothing to say except bowdown
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:56 am

@ MI_Bonesgirl - I actually wrote this out in reaction to an earlier post of yours yesterday - I was in a somewhat hopeful place. Note the somewhat, though. Very Happy

joybrennan wrote:Sigh...this thread sounds like the way I've been talking all summer. And just when I was starting to turn away from the dark side. I guess I'll go gray tonight. conscience Starting with his evilness - as you know, you are absolutely right. Your describtion of the ending 100th scene was so on target. It made NO sense in the context of the 99 5/6 episodes that came before it. HH and Fox hyped that eight episode arch like it was going to be amazing. Evil or Very Mad except for the gravedigger trial ep, and the 100th up until the last 2.5 minutes- it is THE WORST group of Bones episodes in the entire series - INCLUDING the Dearly Departed nonsense. Then to make matters worse, they come in with a storyline that, if they looked at the season five ratings, is clearly a mistake. Even with the hiatus in the fall due to Idol, the highest rated episodes are in that block after it which were all about BB getting closer. The lowest rating - after the hundredth. Shocked So, it really does beg the question: are they just crazy, or do they really think their audience is that stupid? I'm leaning toward the latter. They are doing an episode based on Jersey Shore. Shocked

That being said, there are a few slightly possible positive possibilities. HH tweeted something about being annoyed that people kept tweeting him about the network - "like we're incapable of making our own mistakes." However, he ALSO tweeted that Fox had done some FOCUS GROUP screenings to see what, in descending order they liked about BONES. If that doesn't SCREAM network interference or influence, I don't know what does. In any case, I definitely think they are aware they could have a problem on their hands, and that the direction they've taken - for whatever reason - isn't working. It sounds like they HAVE TO follow through to a certain extent on the nonsense they started, but they are keeping things more vague than usual because they HAVE NOT actually nailed down how they want this season to play out.

I had been completely despondent most of the summer because I simply couldn't see a way out of the mess that's been made. However, there is a way to get it somewhat back on track. Not as great as it was, but it could become watchable and fun again. Some positive signs to watch for.

A) Once she knows about Raghag, Brennan pulling away from Booth. Yes, she should be supportive. She regrets that she said no to the relationship, but she DOES NOT tell Booth that. Part of her realizations in WHEREVER she was should be that the times she's spent with Booth out of the office, dinners, coffees, sharing weren't about work, they were about wanting to spend more time with him. In fact, her whole switching into this partnership with Booth has ALWAYS BEEN about wanting to be with Booth. Once she knows about Raghag, shee will decide that spending time with him outside of work is no longer appropriate, and not something to expect.

B) Booth's growing confusion about Brennan. Yeah, at first he's gonna preen a bit about his new love, but Brennan is still in supportive mode. However, the first time Raghag cancels a lunch date he goes to see if Brennan wants to have lunch, Brennan's response should something really Brennan-like, such as "Why?"
Booth is gonna be surprised by that. Brennan will ask if there's a new case to talk about, or some evidence to go over? Booth will be like, no, I just thought we'd have lunch. Brennan will say something like if it isn't work-related then we shouldn't be spending time together - it is an inappropriate behavior for a working relationship. Booth leaves, but he's mad. He goes to take. Cam to lunch instead where he vents about Brennan. Cam points out that Brennan is complicated, she may have feelings about his new relationship that she has to process - she's a genius, but not when it comes to emotions. Booth laughs it off, saying, trust me, she has no interest in a romatic relationship with me, she turned me down flat. Cam's trader goes off, and Booth tells her the whole story in 30 seconds, ending with, I told her I was gonna have to move on - she understood that. Cam looks disturbed, but won't explain why to Booth. That night the gang is out having drinks, Booth stops by for "for a bit" until it's time to meet up with Raghag for dinner. Brennan suggests a new restaurant she'd read about that was said to have excellent cuisine, and a romantic atmosphere, then, excuses herself, she's forgotten to take care of something at the lab. Everyone feels awkward and shortly they've all found excuses to go home - leaving Booth by himself.

When they are working together it feels like old times - except when Booth gets protective, Brennan reminds hm that she can take care of herself. Booth is also more physically aware of Brennan, complimenting on her clothes, the way she wears her hair - until she asks him not to. He still notices her physically though, even when he's just had sex with Raghag - it bothers him.

Essentially, Booth finds himself missing Brennan, sometimes even when with Raghag. Brennan misses Booth too, so she's working late, sometimes finding old Jane doe cases to examine.

Booth is having fun with Raghag - but not. He goes to Cam, saying Brennan's working too much, to which Cam says, "she's doing what she needs to do. Booth is P.O. - but when he starts up Cam let's him have it - Yes, he's a good person with a huge heart, plus he's hot, sweet, and good in bed. Thus, he's never had to work for a relationship in his life - women chose him, and he decided if he wanted to go there. The first time HE chooses and it doesn't happen immediately he just quits and goes back to his regular pattern. She wouldn't mind so much, but to do that with BRENNAN? BRENNEN who ability to connect emotionally is so slow, who response to "how are you feeling" is to give a physical rundown that in includes her body temperature. You expected her to process that question THEN? I told you if you weren't sure, don't ask her." Booth is mad, " I was sure!" Cam," if you had been sure, you wouldn't been with Raghag now, you'd be going after Dr. Brennan."
"So, what, I should break up with her just -"
"No. I mean that if you REALLY had been sure it was Dr. Brennan you wanted, you wouldn't have quit after the first time you actuallt asked her about dating. You'd have kept at it."
This disturbs Booth.

C)Booth has to be the one to dump Raghag.
So, a conversation like the one with Cam above, HAS to happen. They have to explain more of his history with women, that he's not Prince Charming - and that with Brennan, he should have known better. So now Brennan regrets saying no, and Booth regrets acting hastily. Let's say he shows up at Brennan's after that talk. She is upset that he's there. He says that he misses just hanging out with her and talking, he misses his best friend. Brennan reiterates it's inappropriate, his best friend is supposed to Raghag, and he should be eating Chinese with her. She's upset, and he leaves. He walks in and Raghag is all dolled up in lingerie ready to play. She sees the cold Chinese food and is like, we can heat that up later, I'd rather heat you up." Booth just looks at her. She gets that something's up. Booth realizes she will never be what he wants. He feels bad about it, but he says, "this isn't going to work."
They have the breakup conversation, raghag's upset, the whole tears and everything. Booth offers to pay for a hotel until she. finds a place. She says no, she doesn't need his money. She'll pack tonight and be gone by tomorrow. Booth leaves - no kiss or.anything.

Booth chooses to pursue Brennan
So now it's really late. Booth is at Brennan's door, again (same night) He tells her he's just gonna keep knocking until she opens the door (yes, that line is intentional Wink ) She opens the door in a robe and pajamas. Booth had new Chinese food. Brennan is like WTF? He tells her he just broke It off with Raghag. Brennan is shocked, he was happy with her, she was perfect for him, she doesn't. Booth says I realized I'd rather be having Chinese with you than sex with her. Brennan is shocked, he smooths her hair back, and there's that electric B&B moment. "Got your favorite Tofu." "How can I resist. They go inside, shut the door. (no, not in a let's get it on kind of way. Razz)

Meanwhile Raghag is tapping Booth's phone, planting bugs, and talking to her cohort - "they're nothing I can do - he's gone back to woman he's in love with."
SEASON SAVED! Very Happy

Now, is HH gonna go this route? Have NO idea. Rolling Eyes However, at least I can SEE a route - couldn't before Razz
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:47 am

joybrennan wrote:
Chocolate Chip wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:

I love you
Ummm...she told Booth she didn't want to have sex with Hacker. That entire talk about dinner being "code for sex" ends with her telling Booth that she told Hacker no. Nor did she say that she didn't want or couldn't work with him. She was CONSIDERING going. This was a once in a life-time career opportunity, and she STILL didn't solidify it until AFTER talking about it with Booth. Her words, "We're partners, I wouldn't go without talking about it with you first." I don't think she "sent him to Afghanistan." Booth's sense of duty sent him. However, if I WERE making that argument, then it could be equally said Booth sent her to Maluka - I mean he certainly didn't try and stop her. Cool

JoyBrennan I love you You totally nailed it right on the head. thumbsup
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:52 am

jro54 wrote:JoyBrennan I love you You totally nailed it right on the head. thumbsup
Yep, my minion tends to do that. Sorta why I picked her to be a minion. *sniff* It does an old king proud.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:59 am

THX1138 wrote:
jro54 wrote:JoyBrennan I love you You totally nailed it right on the head. thumbsup
Yep, my minion tends to do that. Sorta why I picked her to be a minion. *sniff* It does an old king proud.

king RM

Thank you, your evilness, It is an honor and a pleasure to serve.[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Chocolate Chip wrote:
I am not going to change anyones mind, not my place to but I do think it isn't fair to set your mind to one set of hating something without giving it a chance to prove or not prove it's self.

I love you

LOL I can 110% assure you that I don't need to see the new season to know I absolutely HATE the Booth-gets-a-serious-GF storyline. I don't care how it plays out or whether it brings BB closer. Just the idea of it has put me off watching the new season... silly, perhaps, but I can't help how I feel lol! I wish I was more enthused about it, but just the thought of having to sit through multiple episodes of Booth with a serious GF makes my stomach churn.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:59 pm

DoctorB wrote:LOL I can 110% assure you that I don't need to see the new season to know I absolutely HATE the Booth-gets-a-serious-GF storyline. I don't care how it plays out or whether it brings BB closer. Just the idea of it has put me off watching the new season... silly, perhaps, but I can't help how I feel lol! I wish I was more enthused about it, but just the thought of having to sit through multiple episodes of Booth with a serious GF makes my stomach churn.
Couldn't agree more!!! But only 110%? For me, it's more like 300%! Twisted Evil
I DON'T need to see Booth rolling in bed with Blondie, all sweety and happy. pale And it might be an Oscar-worth performance, I honestly don't care. As long as SOB is in the picture, I won't watch it.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:10 am

mereva wrote:
DoctorB wrote:LOL I can 110% assure you that I don't need to see the new season to know I absolutely HATE the Booth-gets-a-serious-GF storyline. I don't care how it plays out or whether it brings BB closer. Just the idea of it has put me off watching the new season... silly, perhaps, but I can't help how I feel lol! I wish I was more enthused about it, but just the thought of having to sit through multiple episodes of Booth with a serious GF makes my stomach churn.
Couldn't agree more!!! But only 110%? For me, it's more like 300%! Twisted Evil
I DON'T need to see Booth rolling in bed with Blondie, all sweety and happy. pale And it might be an Oscar-worth performance, I honestly don't care. As long as SOB is in the picture, I won't watch it.

I agree with you. I'm not going to like Booth and is lady love. I can say that I'm not looking forward to the first part of the season at all. I keep going back and forth as to if I watch at all.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:36 am

Chocolate Chip wrote:@Doctor B all due respect, not one person here knows what is going to happen next year.

Not one person here has seen an epi of S6

All we got is spoilers, sides and interviews and when has that info been set in stone??? Never.

I have to say that I am really dissappointed in how some people aren't even going to give the new season a chance and watch with an #open mind#

Minds are set that through speculation and spoilers , they are sure with certainy, that this is going to happen and I how they hate a character for doing this or that, when we haven't even seen an new episode.

I think it that is in someway taking away from what Emily and David bring to the layers of their characters, their input, them fleshing out Booth and Brennan. It isn't just about the writing. And taking away from what Hart wants the for the characters, it is his show.

Ever heard "never judge a book by a cover?" Well never base an epi or season on spoilers, interviews and sides.

End of rant but I felt that this needed to be said.

Hating on a season, characters and the writing, when you have actually watched the epi and season is one thing but to do so before is hardly fair.

I agree. I think it's ridiculous that people so much time speculating about what is going to happen based on interviews and sides and judging how season 6 is going to be just because of the stupid SO, instead of actually watching the what the actors are saying and doing on our TV screens. If people don't want to watch the season 6, that's their decision. It's just sad that people are so closed minded.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:37 am

jro54 wrote:
Chocolate Chip wrote:@Doctor B all due respect, not one person here knows what is going to happen next year.

All we got is spoilers, sides and interviews and when has that info been set in stone??? Never.

I have to say that I am really dissappointed in how some people aren't even going to give the new season a chance and watch with an #open mind#

Minds are set that through speculation and spoilers , they are sure with certainy, that this is going to happen and I how they hate a character for doing this or that, when we haven't even seen an new episode.

I think it that is in someway taking away from what Emily and David bring to the layers of their characters, their input, them fleshing out Booth and Brennan. It isn't just about the writing. And taking away from what Hart wants the for the characters, it is his show.

Ever heard "never judge a book by a cover?" Well never base an epi or season on spoilers, interviews and sides.

Hating on a season, characters and the writing, when you have actually watched the epi and season is one thing but to do so before is hardly fair.

I agree. I think it's ridiculous that people so much time speculating about what is going to happen based on interviews and sides and judging how season 6 is going to be just because of the stupid SO, instead of actually watching the what the actors are saying and doing on our TV screens. If people don't want to watch the season 6, that's their decision. It's just sad that people are so closed minded.

I hear the point you guys are making, and it is valid one. The other side of the coin is "once bitten, twice shy." Watching a show from 2005, and having the rug pulled out from under you two seasons in a row...it can make a person nervous and try to protect themselves the best they can - by being as prepared as they can. If we didn't LOVE this show and have a real connection to it, none of us would be on this forum. I love you
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:45 am

jro54 wrote:

Yes, i can't agree with you more. There's too much negativity around; one person starts to blow a fire on with saying what's on his/her mind and another one picks this up. Even judging sometimes without allowing it to give it a chance.
I really didn't think this season 5 was all that bad, by the way. I'm going to buy this dvd box when it comes out in October as i already have the 4 previous seasons. I love "Bones" with all of its goods but also with its bads as i am a true fan. I'm not only watching to see them get together. I love all of the characters in that show.
I am very curious to see how all of this plays out with Booth's GF, although i think we needn't worry too much.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:50 am

I think anyone taking the time to be on this forum is a "true fan." A die-hard Mets fan will still use the off-season to talk about what their team needs to do or change in order to do well in the upcoming season. It's part of the game. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4