Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Emily

+16
mereva
MI_Bonesgirl
tinge1990
RubyRuby
THX1138
Beliskner
treble21
tinkrella
bailey
elyon
katharine
joybrennan
Ankuuh
DONEWITHIT
jro54
kat0505
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Interview with Emily  - Page 2 Empty Re: Interview with Emily

Post by THX1138 Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:26 pm

joybrennan wrote:
Beliskner wrote:sorry but I actually think it will be funny if this whole SO story line will blow up in their faces ''viewer / rating wise''

Oh, I do think there will be some fallout. For people who aren't hard core fans, they may have dropped after the 100th or had It with the finale. Those "regular" viewers who don't read spoilers haven't spent the summer trying to make sense of this arch. I'm quite sure some of them are going to see Booth with RagHag, roll their eyes and mutter "enough already" and change the channel. Can't say I blame them. It took me, a hardcore fan,rom the finale until yesterday morning to find a way for this storyline tonight seem plausible. Very Happy
That's something I've wondered about myself. One of the interesting effects of the net, and of course boards like this one, is the echo chamber effect which has a tendency to make folks think that there's more (or less) support for a particular line of discussion or opinion than others. In extremis this can lead to balkanization, but most often it leads folks down a rosy path (or a bramble filled one) that leads them no where.

From the casual fans I've talked to, the ones who started following Bones in the last two years, especially the ones who started watching it on TNT and for whom S5 was their first full season, we can't begin to underestimate the impact of the 100th and the Finale. A lot, and I mean a LOT, of the casual fans I talked to are frustrated with the show, more so than I was. I'm actually rather ambivalent about the SO plot device, I think Joy sums my feelings up rather nicely in her post above, while many of them now talk about catching the new season in re-runs on TNT or waiting until I tell 'em it's going to be okay to watch it again. Too small a sample to have statistical significance, to be sure, but I'm fairly certain that was not Hart's intention, but it may be what he gets for his efforts.

Time will tell. Me, I'll be watching if for no other reason than morbid curiosity. Kinda like watching a car wreck.

king RM

THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:33 pm

I'm wondering about the case ED was talking about in regards to the little boy. Since the cases mostly correlate with whatever is going on in the characters' personal lives, I wonder if we will see Parker in this episode. Maybe see how he interacts with Journo Barbie. (hope he hates her hope he hates her hope he hates her) Just a side thought.

Last edited by RubyRuby on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:10 pm

if Parker doesn't hate JournaBabe, I will lose all hope for BB.

I don't know why, but the fact Parker likes Brennan and that she lets him call her Bones and everything means a lot to me in terms of BB dynamics! So if HH screws Bones' and Parker's unique relationship, I might just >: (

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Uh.... Parker was a plot device used to send Booth to Afghanistan. I'm sure he will LOVE his dad's new playtoy as well Rolling Eyes
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:44 pm

tinge1990 wrote:if Parker doesn't hate JournaBabe, I will lose all hope for BB.

I don't know why, but the fact Parker likes Brennan and that she lets him call her Bones and everything means a lot to me in terms of BB dynamics! So if HH screws Bones' and Parker's unique relationship, I might just >: (

Yeah, Parker doesn't want to come over to Booth's and hang out with RagHag. so Booth gets Brennan to let him hang out with her for the day. Very Happy. Even better, he comes to pick Parker up and they are down at the POOL splashing around. (because Parker is a smart kid! Very Happy, and I know the king is longing to see Emily in a bathing suit. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]) and Booth can't keep himself from staring at Brennan. Twisted Evil

Even better yet, Parker doesn't like Raghag AND Raghag doesn't like kids. Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:49 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Uh.... Parker was a plot device used to send Booth to Afghanistan. I'm sure he will LOVE his dad's new playtoy as well Rolling Eyes

Nah, I think just like he was the plot device used to go to Afghanistan, I think he'll be a device to signal to Booth that something isn't quite right with his relationship with Raghag. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm willing to place money on the idea that we as an audience never see Parker and Hannah meet each other.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:07 pm

joybrennan wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Uh.... Parker was a plot device used to send Booth to Afghanistan. I'm sure he will LOVE his dad's new playtoy as well Rolling Eyes

Nah, I think just like he was the plot device used to go to Afghanistan, I think he'll be a device to signal to Booth that something isn't quite right with his relationship with Raghag. Smile

My original thought/hope was that Parker and Hannah would not get along. It would be interesting to see that play out....
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:19 pm

treble21 wrote:I'm willing to place money on the idea that we as an audience never see Parker and Hannah meet each other.

We don't have to see the meeting to find out that Parker doesn't like Raghag. Booth can just mention he's having problems with Parker and would she mind spending a little time with him Saturday... Twisted Evil

Seriously, we don't even need to see Parker at all. Angela, ever devious and blunt will ask how Parker and Raghag are getting along and his stammering answer will reveal they aren't getting along well at all. To which Angela will point out that Parker got along with his other girlfriends - and even with Brennan. Doesn't he call her Bones also? Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:37 pm

joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:I'm willing to place money on the idea that we as an audience never see Parker and Hannah meet each other.

We don't have to see the meeting to find out that Parker doesn't like Raghag. Booth can just mention he's having problems with Parker and would she mind spending a little time with him Saturday... Twisted Evil

Seriously, we don't even need to see Parker at all. Angela, ever devious and blunt will ask how Parker and Raghag are getting along and his stammering answer will reveal they aren't getting along well at all. To which Angela will point out that Parker got along with his other girlfriends - and even with Brennan. Doesn't he call her Bones also? Twisted Evil

I'd be down with this.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:45 am

joybrennan wrote:

i like the way you think.

but parker's adorable and i want to see him.

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:40 am

joybrennan wrote:I read the interview. Sleep Nothing new...except they seem to be toying with keeping them apart all season. Sleep At least it doesn't upset me - thanks to finding a path through the seasons where Booth actually is, in his own way, as unaware that he's in love with BRENNAN, not some fill-in-the-blank girlfriend to become his wife, as Brennan has been about love in general. However, watching another year of this holding pattern - Sleep . Wake me up when things start moving again - I'll tune in for that.

Right, i don't like this interview coz of what she says: " If you could look at last season as a season where Booth kind of pines after Brennan, this season may be the season where Brennan pines after Booth in her way.

So, this season will be entirely about Brennan going after Booth and it looks like it there won't be any resolution at all. And that sucks! banghead

I feel like to whip someone to get some more action.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:50 am

kat0505 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:I read the interview. Sleep Nothing new...except they seem to be toying with keeping them apart all season. Sleep At least it doesn't upset me - thanks to finding a path through the seasons where Booth actually is, in his own way, as unaware that he's in love with BRENNAN, not some fill-in-the-blank girlfriend to become his wife, as Brennan has been about love in general. However, watching another year of this holding pattern - Sleep . Wake me up when things start moving again - I'll tune in for that.

Right, i don't like this interview coz of what she says: " If you could look at last season as a season where Booth kind of pines after Brennan, this season may be the season where Brennan pines after Booth in her way.

So, this season will be entirely about Brennan going after Booth and it looks like it there won't be any resolution at all. And that sucks! banghead

I feel like to whip someone to get some more action.

We don't know that. The first six episodes have already been written (I'm assuming the SO arch), but we don't what will happen once the SO leaves. I don't think Emily even knows.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:53 am

@jro Thanks for staying positive, i think i'm reading too many negative threads around here.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:10 am

@Kat0505 You're welcome. You hang in there. Here's a hug. hug

I just thought of something. I read an interview with Hart last spring and he said that Brennan's maternal instincts will come out and they will bring up her desire to have baby, so what if Parker gets in trouble or he and the journo barbie don't get along, so Brennan feels the need to protect him. Just sayin'...and in every spoiler that I have read about Booth's SO, they all say that they will try to adjust to real life-his job, his crazy work hours, his partner and his son who doesn't like her....And Brennan's desire to have a baby. How's that going to go down? Both Hart and Emil have said that she only wants Booth's baby-if she realizes she loves him, I can do the math...but it would just be too weird asking Booth for his stuff while he's with a another woman, unless she doesn't tell him...
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:38 am

jro54 wrote:@Kat0505 You're welcome. You hang in there. Here's a hug. hug

I just thought of something. I read an interview with Hart last spring and he said that Brennan's maternal instincts will come out and they will bring up her desire to have baby, so what if Parker gets in trouble or he and the journo barbie don't get along, so Brennan feels the need to protect him. Just sayin'...and in every spoiler that I have read about Booth's SO, they all say that they will try to adjust to real life-his job, his crazy work hours, his partner and his son who doesn't like her....And Brennan's desire to have a baby. How's that going to go down? Both Hart and Emil have said that she only wants Booth's baby-if she realizes she loves him, I can do the math...but it would just be too weird asking Booth for his stuff while he's with a another woman, unless she doesn't tell him...

I like your train of thought about Brennan protecting Parker from Hannah-I hadn't thought about that beyond Parker and Hannah just not getting along. That would be a good reason to kick the raghag to the curb Twisted Evil
As far as the Brennan baby story-if she had anyone else's baby it would KILL the show. So it's a safe bet that if it were to come back up, it would be with Booth. How they will pull that out of this season I'm not sure. IMO there will have to be alot of rebuilding for Brennan to trust Booth again after Barbie is gone. But, the way this show is, the writers will probably just glaze over it and everything will be good in Bones-land...All the while we are cheers but yet scratch
Or maybe Brennan will just discuss it with Angela, but not take it any further than that. Who knows..
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:03 am

@jro & kat: Well yeah, there's staying positive and there's staying positive. I think a lot of positive thinking about Booth and Brennan getting together in S6 would be more accurately portrayed as wishful thinking and I can't be that guy anymore 'cause honestly? I've walked that path twice before.

If you've been a BONES fan from the beginning, like me, and watched all the episodes since S1 as broadcast, endured the foreshortened hell of the S3 strike, then you saw a show that, in all honesty, the current one is but a shadow of. There were good, solid cases with interesting plot twists and nothing was done in a hokey or joking manner. There was good, solid character development, things we learned about them from one episode, and one season, to the next that gave them depth and texture, that made us love and care for them. And finally there was a real, tangible, burgeoning relationship between Booth & Brennan, one that had us all thinking Season 4 is it baby! Then Season 4 actually happened.

It was longer than any other, which is not to say that's a good thing, because it was also the most uneven season of the series to date. Some of that was due to scripts for episodes from S3 that were produced and aired during S4, they threw off the feel and flow of the season. Some of that was due to Hart's decision half way through the season to try and change BONES from a Crime Dramedy to more of a Crimedy, a colossally stupid move in my opinion - and I welcome the debate that argues episodes like Double Death and Beaver compare favorably to episodes like Conman and Mayhem, in the words of Leonidas, bring it. Anyway the point is, S4 was supposed to be the season they got together, or more accurately the season where they slept together, and it was going to be real, not fake, not a dream or a fantasy (Hart's words) only when it happened it was fake, it was a fantasy, it was a (coma induced) dream. Enter Season Five.

S5 was markedly better than S4, quality of production, continuity, even the casework in most episodes, well, the early episodes, was better than we'd gotten in S4. Not just that but S5 was a Shipper's season packed with shipperlicious episodes. Everything, and I do mean everything, was pointing us toward a Booth and Brennan pairing. Everything that is except for the 100th episode where Hart took one of the best episodes of the series and, pardon my french, fucked it all up in under 90 seconds with that horrible scene at the end. Booth acting like an older version of Sweets by pushing and pushing on Brennan? Right. Brennan totally refuting her own words from S4 that everything changes, her own perception that Booth had managed to change her, hell her own beliefs as a scientist in change being the sole constant in life, by proclaiming she COULDN'T change? As if. Nope, that ending was a ham fisted and poorly written construct to push them apart.

The remaining episodes were, IMO, a practice in crisis management that did nothing to make their separation more believable or understandable. The finale was a mishegas of subplots and scenes that did nothing to enhance the episode and nearly overwhelmed the true storyline about Booth's & Brennan's impending separation. In fact the squintories in the finale were so overdone that the main story felt rushed and almost unbelievable (and no, I do not intend on reviving the whole Parker controversy), and it all led to an ending that lacked punch. Oh it was full of emotion, but holding hands was not the way for them to part company, and it was certainly far from perfect for them. For a 16th century novel about the courtly love affair between Queen Elizabeth and one of her suitors, sure, for Booth and Brennan? Hell no. I expected a kiss because Booth had already laid it all out there so he had nothing to lose. I wanted a hug, because that was their thing, guy hugs. I got some lame ass hand holding. Seriously. Did he think Brennan had cooties and it'd be ickie-poo to touch more than her hands? Just...lame.

So anyway, this brings us to Season Six and being an optimist. Hart has said he knows how it (the series) ends and he'll get them (B&B) together before the end of the series. He doesn't say how far from the end, though I believe he promised not to JAG us so there's that. Then again it's Hart Hanson, he could put them together in the episode before the series finale and keep that promise with a smile on his face, the feckless bastard. My point is, and yes, I'm getting there, that only he knows when they're going to get together, and when you take an interview like this one where Emily talks about this being the season where Brennan pines after Booth and then add in Hart's past behaviour and off the cuff remarks, well, lets just say I wouldn't write any checks just yet.

king RM

THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:32 am

Only 1 thing wrong with your post there, Rob. Yes Hart said he knows how the series ends, and yes he said he has no interest in putting them together the last episode of the series, but to be fair-this is Hart. For all we know he will NEVER put them together. Hell he knows how the series ends, he could very well kill one of them off. The only hope that we have is Emily saying she believes they belong together. That is the only solid hope we can have. Because honestly I don't think David cares either way. He's not in this for a love story.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:41 am

Our Evil King Robert, dear! Your posts are one of the -very few!- reasons why I haven'r ditched ABY right after I did it with the show! It's a always a pleasure to read what you're writing. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:47 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Only 1 thing wrong with your post there, Rob. Yes Hart said he knows how the series ends, and yes he said he has no interest in putting them together the last episode of the series, but to be fair-this is Hart. For all we know he will NEVER put them together. Hell he knows how the series ends, he could very well kill one of them off. The only hope that we have is Emily saying she believes they belong together. That is the only solid hope we can have. Because honestly I don't think David cares either way. He's not in this for a love story.

I believe Hart has said that he knows how B&B get together or has some possibilities written down of how it could happen, but he just doesn't say when...but I don't have an interview to back this up
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:01 am

Rob, our dear evil king, I agree with everything in you're post, but I'm not holding my breathe this season. Like every optimist, I hope they will, but my positive, optimistic thinking is more of wishful thinking because I just don't want to drown in negativity.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:16 am

I don't think Emily's interview said anything different than previous interviews. It is hard for me to get enthused for this season at all. Just when I think it will be okay, another spoiler and/or interview comes out and gets me sad and down and not want to be involved with this anymore. I really don't know how Hart and Company will get out of this. Bones works because of the chemistry of David and Emily and putting SOs' in the middle will spoil that especially if she is around more than 6 or so episodes. Will the breakup involve Booth's brain tumor, or will the SO be involved with the GD sniper, or will the breakup be because of Parker and/or Brennan. Booth realization that he will never be able to move on to anyone else from Brennan.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:43 am

My feeling is that Hart is playing this all wrong. He should announce that B&B will get together this season, no lie, no teasing, no obfuscation. Not only would all of his viewers stick around in happy anticipation but he would gain a whole new audience. Then move the show out to include B&B as a couple. They would still bicker; they would still disagree about nearly everything; they would still challenge each other and they could be just as sexually provocative as a couple as they were in the cesspit of despair which is where we find them -- and us -- now.

We all know that Booth's statements of love and happiness with Hannah are delusional and that he is trying to pump second best into first (pun intended). Ain't goin' to happen, bub. We know that as well. So why not let us miserable little shippers in on the great secret so we can grit our teeth through the first six episodes knowing that happier times lie ahead? What could it hurt? Certainly not the ratings.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 am

Even if Hart is planning on getting B&B together in this season, he would never announce it without lies or teasing...I certainly wouldn't believe him if he said, "B&B will get together in episode 5, scene 8." Rolling Eyes

Last edited by jro54 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:15 am

But my question remains -- why? It doesn't build an audience; it alienates it. Why treat your fans like whiny children asking for two desserts? Just pull back the curtain a twitch and give us some hope that isn't groundless. Why not want your viewers to look forward to a season instead of to dread it? A whole psychology study there for GordonGordon -- I wouldn't trust it to Sweets.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next