Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Emily

+16
mereva
MI_Bonesgirl
tinge1990
RubyRuby
THX1138
Beliskner
treble21
tinkrella
bailey
elyon
katharine
joybrennan
Ankuuh
DONEWITHIT
jro54
kat0505
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Interview with Emily  Empty Interview with Emily

Post by kat0505 Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:00 am

I think i don't like this interview with Emily. thumbsdown

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Who else?
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Interview with Emily  Empty Re: Interview with Emily

Post by jro54 Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:32 am

This is just what I speculated...I think Booth will be more "in love" in the moment with Hannah. They met in a war zone where it's so exciting and intense, but when they come back to the real world, they will realize that it's not that exciting and it will fizzle out...After reading many posts, Booth may just be just as cloudy for his feelings for Brennan. I don't think Booth ever really loved Brennan. He loved her, but he's more in love with the idea of finding a life partner who can love him for 30 or 40 or 50 years.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:24 am

jro54 wrote:This is just what I speculated...I think Booth will be more "in love" in the moment with Hannah. They met in a war zone where it's so exciting and intense, but when they come back to the real world, they will realize that it's not that exciting and it will fizzle out...After reading many posts, Booth may just be just as cloudy for his feelings for Brennan. I don't think Booth ever really loved Brennan. He loved her, but he's more in love with the idea of finding a life partner who can love him for 30 or 40 or 50 years.

OUCH!!! pale You sort of hit a nerve here. I was thinking the same thing. I do not think that Booth really loved Brennan, I think it was more of an attachment, a sturdy relationship to hang on to. Booth seems to be in love with the romatic idea of love and deep inside him knows that to dream with Brennan to be his "partner" in those dreams is really too far fetched. They are made of different materials, sort of. I don't know, maybe he is or was in love, who knows, but I am 100% convinced they missed their moment and both know it.
Anyway.... Crying or Very sad
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:32 am

DONEWITHIT wrote:
jro54 wrote:This is just what I speculated...I think Booth will be more "in love" in the moment with Hannah. They met in a war zone where it's so exciting and intense, but when they come back to the real world, they will realize that it's not that exciting and it will fizzle out...After reading many posts, Booth may just be just as cloudy for his feelings for Brennan. I don't think Booth ever really loved Brennan. He loved her, but he's more in love with the idea of finding a life partner who can love him for 30 or 40 or 50 years.

OUCH!!! pale You sort of hit a nerve here. I was thinking the same thing. I do not think that Booth really loved Brennan, I think it was more of an attachment, a sturdy relationship to hang on to. Booth seems to be in love with the romatic idea of love and deep inside him knows that to dream with Brennan to be his "partner" in those dreams is really too far fetched. They are made of different materials, sort of. I don't know, maybe he is or was in love, who knows, but I am 100% convinced they missed their moment and both know it.
Anyway.... Crying or Very sad

For me, it also kind of makes season 6 more tolerable because I would rather believe that Booth is totally clueless about love than believe that he was actually in love with Brennan, but she rejected him, so he moved on and fell "in love" with someone else.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:54 am

I actually think this interview doesnt reveal anything all that new ? We kinda know it will be this way...so im not that upset at all.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:44 am

I read the interview. Sleep Nothing new...except they seem to be toying with keeping them apart all season. Sleep At least it doesn't upset me - thanks to finding a path through the seasons where Booth actually is, in his own way, as unaware that he's in love with BRENNAN, not some fill-in-the-blank girlfriend to become his wife, as Brennan has been about love in general. However, watching another year of this holding pattern - Sleep . Wake me up when things start moving again - I'll tune in for that.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:55 am

No offense, but I think you might be reading too much into her interview. They have all said the same thing since Comic - Con, actually nothing!!!!! They are hinting around about alot, but they have always done that. None of them can be trusted to give a 100% straight answer about a show, the series, a character plot. They put out all this half-baked crap to get us, the viewers, mad and not want to watch, but just like a train wreck, we will. Hell, I was one that hated (well that may be too strong a word) everything from the last 10 minutes of the 100th till the end of the season, but I'll still be in front of my TV every Thursday night this fall.
Do I want them together, yes.
Do I think they missed their moment, yes.
Do I think they'll have another one, yes.
Do I think any significant other will take the other's place, no.
Do I hate that HH, SN, and FOX are doing this to me an rabid viewer, hell yes.

But the long and short is I'm just gonna have to watch or not watch. I choose to watch. Only because DB is so damn hot. If he were ugly, I'd have been gone at the beginning of S5.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:11 am

No matter what they tease, and lord don't they tease, I don't think ED or DB is going to want the whole SO arc to go on for very long. Both of them know and have said repeatedly that B&B are the glue that holds the show together. Making any SO an important part of their equation by stretching a third person's presence out for a long time would threaten the show itself.

House with Lucas and Cuddy, to which I've read the B&B situation compared, was different because it isn't the Huddy relationship that powers the show. House is the star and arguably, the relationship between House and Wilson has been more important than Huddy. So David Shore could afford to drag the whole SO thing on for an entire season. With Bones, B&B's relationship is the star and neither of those actors is going to want to risk permanent damage and resulting loss of ratings by dragging this thing on and on.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:37 am

elyon wrote:No matter what they tease, and lord don't they tease, I don't think ED or DB is going to want the whole SO arc to go on for very long. Both of them know and have said repeatedly that B&B are the glue that holds the show together. Making any SO an important part of their equation by stretching a third person's presence out for a long time would threaten the show itself.

House with Lucas and Cuddy, to which I've read the B&B situation compared, was different because it isn't the Huddy relationship that powers the show. House is the star and arguably, the relationship between House and Wilson has been more important than Huddy. So David Shore could afford to drag the whole SO thing on for an entire season. With Bones, B&B's relationship is the star and neither of those actors is going to want to risk permanent damage and resulting loss of ratings by dragging this thing on and on.

Besides, Emily has already admitted to being jealous (although I'm sure there was some level of joking going on there) of this new girl ... she isn't going to like her being around all season. And HH knows he has to keep his stars happy. It's still Emily's show ... they're not gonna be renaming it "Hannah" mid-season. At least, I wouldn't think so. Wink
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:50 am

elyon wrote:No matter what they tease, and lord don't they tease, I don't think ED or DB is going to want the whole SO arc to go on for very long. Both of them know and have said repeatedly that B&B are the glue that holds the show together. Making any SO an important part of their equation by stretching a third person's presence out for a long time would threaten the show itself.

I agree. This SO arch can only last so long before it starts to threaten the show itself...B&B's relationship is the center of the show and their feelings for each other, their chemistry is what connects everything together, the longer the SO arch goes for the greater threat it becomes to the show.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 am

Whenever things start to move again, I will absolutely be there. whether that's five episodes in, ten, twenty-two, Thirty-six....Whenever it breaks the holding pattern. Twisted Evil

Seriously, I don't think they've decided when to break the pattern, or when Raghag leaves for good. They are looking at reactions, don't think they aren't aware fans have been talking about jumping ship. When they make the descion and start to execute it, I will watching to see how they do it. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:04 am

The sides for epi4 should be out later this week and they may give us a better insight into where this whole thing is headed. Certainly by the times the sides for epi5 and 6 are out we really should have a fix on how long the SO line is going to last. If Booth and his broad are still in bed by epi6, things aren't going to go very well for us. But if it looks like trouble in paradise then we know her days are numbered. It just remains to be seen how the writers decide to fill the vacuum of B&B emotions after she's gone.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:08 am

joybrennan wrote:

Whenever things start to move again, I will absolutely be there. whether that's five episodes in, ten, twenty-two, Thirty-six....Whenever it breaks the holding pattern. Twisted Evil

Seriously, I don't think they've decided when to break the pattern, or when Raghag leaves for good. They are looking at reactions, don't think they aren't aware fans have been talking about jumping ship. When they make the descion and start to execute it, I will watching to see how they do it. Smile

But if they do know how long she will last, they wouldn't give us a specific number of episodes anyways because then fans won't watch it until the the 5th episode into the season or what ever. They have to leave some things out in the open...
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:35 am

jro54 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

But if they do know how long she will last, they wouldn't give us a specific number of episodes anyways because then fans won't watch it until the the 5th episode into the season or what ever. They have to leave some things out in the open...

Exactly.

I heard a lot of people panicking once marisa didn't reveal any set number of episodes, but I don't think that means that they have no idea. I think they certainly must know....because the actress has to sign a contract and it's usually spelled out pretty clearly. Of course, he amount can always change. You can sign on for ten but only be in five or sign on for five and be in ten. But, I would bet money that the writers have an idea of roughly how long she will be in the picture. They aren't obligated to tell us the number. I wish they would have! But, I get why they didn't.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:46 am

@jro54 - oh, I'm not expecting THEM to tell me, fans who are watching and posting, tv reviews - they'll let me know when it's worth my time to tune again. No, I don't mean when they get together - just when Raghag is no longer Booth's Paradise and is GONE. cheers

This actually is a big deal for me. Before my Epiphany this morning, I had no hope that Bones would ever really be worth watching again. Sad Now...I have SOME hope it will be...eventually. Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:48 am

Also Stephen Nathan said last spring something to the effect that the arc wasn't going to be a long one. Now of course they could change their minds but I think that's unlikely. Neither DB nor ED seemed very enthused about it in the interviews. All the show people know that the majority of viewers watch Bones for B&B. The people who claim that they don't remind me of those who read 'Playboy' for the articles. There are a dozen shows that have better crime proceedurals. Bones is the place you go for the B&B interplay.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:00 am

I still have a feeling that that there is more to this SO storyline than just fill-in-the-blank-girlfriend-role...because Hart and David kept saying things like, "this is what it looks like," and "there will be lots of twists and turns in the SO storyline." I know I'm an idiot for listening to what they say, but perhaps she might be around longer, but not as Booth's fill-in for his fantasy world...Cam was supposed to die of poisoning, but she didn't...but she also didn't stay longer as Booth's love interest.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:10 pm

jro54 wrote:I still have a feeling that that there is more to this SO storyline than just fill-in-the-blank-girlfriend-role...because Hart and David kept saying things like, "this is what it looks like," and "there will be lots of twists and turns in the SO storyline." I know I'm an idiot for listening to what they say, but perhaps she might be around longer, but not as Booth's fill-in for his fantasy world...Cam was supposed to die of poisoning, but she didn't...but she also didn't stay longer as Booth's love interest.

I guess to clarify myself, here's what I have NO interest in watching. I am not interested with Booth being happy with Raghag and Brennan trying to be happy for him. I am not interested in watching B&B being all buddy-buddy like nothing really has changed. I am not interested in B&B having intimate dinners and him going home to Raghag. I am not interested in Brennan hooking up with someone just to keep her mind off of Booth, and I AM NOT interested in Booth turning to Brennan just because thinks don't work out with Raghag.

I AM interested in when and how Booth realizes that while Raghag fills all the requirements on paper, she doesn't fufill him. I AM interested in watching Booth come to the realization that it's not ANY woman who can fulfill his desire for love and companionship, it's Brennan - she IS the ONE - and what that realization does to him. I AM interested in when Brennan realizes not so much that she's in love with him (because I'm hoping she comes back having realized that) but that being in love with Booth when he's not in love with her, and being his friend are NOT compatible and how she feels is NOT a controllable variable. I AM interested in hearing Brennan tell Angela the logic that made her realize that she is in love with Booth.

All of things I'm interested in, are not necessarily tied to whether Raghag is still on the show - just that Booth is no longer involved romantially/sexually. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:12 pm

joybrennan wrote:
jro54 wrote:I still have a feeling that that there is more to this SO storyline than just fill-in-the-blank-girlfriend-role...because Hart and David kept saying things like, "this is what it looks like," and "there will be lots of twists and turns in the SO storyline." I know I'm an idiot for listening to what they say, but perhaps she might be around longer, but not as Booth's fill-in for his fantasy world...Cam was supposed to die of poisoning, but she didn't...but she also didn't stay longer as Booth's love interest.

I guess to clarify myself, here's what I have NO interest in watching. I am not interested with Booth being happy with Raghag and Brennan trying to be happy for him. I am not interested in watching B&B being all buddy-buddy like nothing really has changed. I am not interested in B&B having intimate dinners and him going home to Raghag. I am not interested in Brennan hooking up with someone just to keep her mind off of Booth, and I AM NOT interested in Booth turning to Brennan just because thinks don't work out with Raghag.

I AM interested in when and how Booth realizes that while Raghag fills all the requirements on paper, she doesn't fufill him. I AM interested in watching Booth come to the realization that it's not ANY woman who can fulfill his desire for love and companionship, it's Brennan - she IS the ONE - and what that realization does to him. I AM interested in when Brennan realizes not so much that she's in love with him (because I'm hoping she comes back having realized that) but that being in love with Booth when he's not in love with her, and being his friend are NOT compatible and how she feels is NOT a controllable variable. I AM interested in hearing Brennan tell Angela the logic that made her realize that she is in love with Booth.

All of things I'm interested in, are not necessarily tied to whether Raghag is still on the show - just that Booth is no longer involved romantially/sexually. Wink

You and I have found some common ground, because I completely agree with everything in this post.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:25 pm

sorry but I actually think it will be funny if this whole SO story line will blow up in their faces ''viewer / rating wise''
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:48 pm

joybrennan wrote:

I agree with everything in you're post. Just mean that my totally unrealistic theory is that maybe the journo barbie is what will eventually push B&B together or maybe she has connection to the sniper.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:43 pm

@ treble21 - I love you For better or worse, I am very Brennan-like. If I can't see the logic, I don't see the point. Until this morning I couldn't find anyway to make the last eight episodes and the upcoming Raghag arch fit in anyway to the previous 99 episodes. Thus, show is completely ruined. I HAD to find a different way to percieve Booth in order for his behavior to make sense.

The only way it makes sense for me is if Booth isn't really in love with Brennan. Was that doable based on what has been presented? I found that it was. Won't bore people with the details - I wrote it out in the 7 reasons why SO's are a bad idea thread (or something like that.) Once I got to THAT, I could then see some possibilities developing once this arch ends. Before today, I saw the character's integrity completely destroyed, and thus the show. If my perception of Booth was the same as yesterday - I'd still be in mourning - now I'm just a bit annoyed and frustrated. Razz

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Just an addition to our thoughts.

Someone tweeted HH today asking - When did Booth fall in love with Brennan, before the coma?

His response - that will be answered to the fullness in time by our actors (not quoting - can't remember all the words). But you get the jest.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:14 pm

katharine wrote:Just an addition to our thoughts.

Someone tweeted HH today asking - When did Booth fall in love with Brennan, before the coma?

His response - that will be answered to the fullness in time by our actors (not quoting - can't remember all the words). But you get the jest.

Makes sense - they are probably having to the same S--T we've been doing all summer - which is figuring out how the hell does this make sense with what's gone on thus far? For an actor it's, "What do these events change about what I know in my character's backstory, so that these events can make sense." Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Beliskner wrote:sorry but I actually think it will be funny if this whole SO story line will blow up in their faces ''viewer / rating wise''

Oh, I do think there will be some fallout. For people who aren't hard core fans, they may have dropped after the 100th or had It with the finale. Those "regular" viewers who don't read spoilers haven't spent the summer trying to make sense of this arch. I'm quite sure some of them are going to see Booth with RagHag, roll their eyes and mutter "enough already" and change the channel. Can't say I blame them. It took me, a hardcore fan,rom the finale until yesterday morning to find a way for this storyline tonight seem plausible. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum