Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Emily

+16
mereva
MI_Bonesgirl
tinge1990
RubyRuby
THX1138
Beliskner
treble21
tinkrella
bailey
elyon
katharine
joybrennan
Ankuuh
DONEWITHIT
jro54
kat0505
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Interview with Emily  - Page 3 Empty Re: Interview with Emily

Post by jro54 Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:16 am

I don't know...I'm really starting to question Hart's mentality.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:38 am

I really questioning Hart's and Nathan's thought process going from the Season 5 finale to this season. Almost before the end of the finale last year, we hear from Nathan about this SO, and now this season has not even begun and most of the shippers are dreading this season. I watch Bones because of Emily and David. It has been a long time since I've seen on screen the chemistry between like Emily and David have. It makes me feel good to watch them. First we hear Hannah will be around 5 episodes, then it's open ended. David states in interviews that Booth's new love is the real thing, then David says that his new love is to make Brennan jealous and not to worry everything is going to okay. The next thing we hear is that Brennan may be getting a love interest. I think I read somewhere that her love interest maybe the serial killer sniper. This all is suppose to bringe BB closer and stronger. Well I hope so but at this point who will really care.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Sigh...this thread sounds like the way I've been talking all summer. And just when I was starting to turn away from the dark side. I guess I'll go gray tonight. conscience Starting with his evilness - as you know, you are absolutely right. Your describtion of the ending 100th scene was so on target. It made NO sense in the context of the 99 5/6 episodes that came before it. HH and Fox hyped that eight episode arch like it was going to be amazing. Evil or Very Mad except for the gravedigger trial ep, and the 100th up until the last 2.5 minutes- it is THE WORST group of Bones episodes in the entire series - INCLUDING the Dearly Departed nonsense. Then to make matters worse, they come in with a storyline that, if they looked at the season five ratings, is clearly a mistake. Even with the hiatus in the fall due to Idol, the highest rated episodes are in that block after it which were all about BB getting closer. The lowest rating - after the hundredth. Shocked So, it really does beg the question: are they just crazy, or do they really think their audience is that stupid? I'm leaning toward the latter. They are doing an episode based on Jersey Shore. Shocked

That being said, there are a few slightly possible positive possibilities. HH tweeted something about being annoyed that people kept tweeting him about the network - "like we're incapable of making our own mistakes." However, he ALSO tweeted that Fox had done some FOCUS GROUP screenings to see what, in descending order they liked about BONES. If that doesn't SCREAM network interference or influence, I don't know what does. In any case, I definitely think they are aware they could have a problem on their hands, and that the direction they've taken - for whatever reason - isn't working. It sounds like they HAVE TO follow through to a certain extent on the nonsense they started, but they are keeping things more vague than usual because they HAVE NOT actually nailed down how they want this season to play out.

I had been completely despondent most of the summer because I simply couldn't see a way out of the mess that's been made. However, there is a way to get it somewhat back on track. Not as great as it was, but it could become watchable and fun again. Some positive signs to watch for.

A) Once she knows about Raghag, Brennan pulling away from Booth. Yes, she should be supportive. She regrets that she said no to the relationship, but she DOES NOT tell Booth that. Part of her realizations in WHEREVER she was should be that the times she's spent with Booth out of the office, dinners, coffees, sharing weren't about work, they were about wanting to spend more time with him. In fact, her whole switching into this partnership with Booth has ALWAYS BEEN about wanting to be with Booth. Once she knows about Raghag, shee will decide that spending time with him outside of work is no longer appropriate, and not something to expect.

B) Booth's growing confusion about Brennan. Yeah, at first he's gonna preen a bit about his new love, but Brennan is still in supportive mode. However, the first time Raghag cancels a lunch date he goes to see if Brennan wants to have lunch, Brennan's response should something really Brennan-like, such as "Why?"
Booth is gonna be surprised by that. Brennan will ask if there's a new case to talk about, or some evidence to go over? Booth will be like, no, I just thought we'd have lunch. Brennan will say something like if it isn't work-related then we shouldn't be spending time together - it is an inappropriate behavior for a working relationship. Booth leaves, but he's mad. He goes to take. Cam to lunch instead where he vents about Brennan. Cam points out that Brennan is complicated, she may have feelings about his new relationship that she has to process - she's a genius, but not when it comes to emotions. Booth laughs it off, saying, trust me, she has no interest in a romatic relationship with me, she turned me down flat. Cam's trader goes off, and Booth tells her the whole story in 30 seconds, ending with, I told her I was gonna have to move on - she understood that. Cam looks disturbed, but won't explain why to Booth. That night the gang is out having drinks, Booth stops by for "for a bit" until it's time to meet up with Raghag for dinner. Brennan suggests a new restaurant she'd read about that was said to have excellent cuisine, and a romantic atmosphere, then, excuses herself, she's forgotten to take care of something at the lab. Everyone feels awkward and shortly they've all found excuses to go home - leaving Booth by himself.

When they are working together it feels like old times - except when Booth gets protective, Brennan reminds hm that she can take care of herself. Booth is also more physically aware of Brennan, complimenting on her clothes, the way she wears her hair - until she asks him not to. He still notices her physically though, even when he's just had sex with Raghag - it bothers him.

Essentially, Booth finds himself missing Brennan, sometimes even when with Raghag. Brennan misses Booth too, so she's working late, sometimes finding old Jane doe cases to examine.

Booth is having fun with Raghag - but not. He goes to Cam, saying Brennan's working too much, to which Cam says, "she's doing what she needs to do. Booth is P.O. - but when he starts up Cam let's him have it - Yes, he's a good person with a huge heart, plus he's hot, sweet, and good in bed. Thus, he's never had to work for a relationship in his life - women chose him, and he decided if he wanted to go there. The first time HE chooses and it doesn't happen immediately he just quits and goes back to his regular pattern. She wouldn't mind so much, but to do that with BRENNAN? BRENNEN who ability to connect emotionally is so slow, who response to "how are you feeling" is to give a physical rundown that in includes her body temperature. You expected her to process that question THEN? I told you if you weren't sure, don't ask her." Booth is mad, " I was sure!" Cam," if you had been sure, you wouldn't been with Raghag now, you'd be going after Dr. Brennan."
"So, what, I should break up with her just -"
"No. I mean that if you REALLY had been sure it was Dr. Brennan you wanted, you wouldn't have quit after the first time you actuallt asked her about dating. You'd have kept at it."
This disturbs Booth.

C)Booth has to be the one to dump Raghag.
So, a conversation like the one with Cam above, HAS to happen. They have to explain more of his history with women, that he's not Prince Charming - and that with Brennan, he should have known better. So now Brennan regrets saying no, and Booth regrets acting hastily. Let's say he shows up at Brennan's after that talk. She is upset that he's there. He says that he misses just hanging out with her and talking, he misses his best friend. Brennan reiterates it's inappropriate, his best friend is supposed to Raghag, and he should be eating Chinese with her. She's upset, and he leaves. He walks in and Raghag is all dolled up in lingerie ready to play. She sees the cold Chinese food and is like, we can heat that up later, I'd rather heat you up." Booth just looks at her. She gets that something's up. Booth realizes she will never be what he wants. He feels bad about it, but he says, "this isn't going to work."
They have the breakup conversation, raghag's upset, the whole tears and everything. Booth offers to pay for a hotel until she. finds a place. She says no, she doesn't need his money. She'll pack tonight and be gone by tomorrow. Booth leaves - no kiss or.anything.

Booth chooses to pursue Brennan
So now it's really late. Booth is at Brennan's door, again (same night) He tells her he's just gonna keep knocking until she opens the door (yes, that line is intentional Wink ) She opens the door in a robe and pajamas. Booth had new Chinese food. Brennan is like WTF? He tells her he just broke It off with Raghag. Brennan is shocked, he was happy with her, she was perfect for him, she doesn't. Booth says I realized I'd rather be having Chinese with you than sex with her. Brennan is shocked, he smooths her hair back, and there's that electric B&B moment. "Got your favorite Tofu." "How can I resist. They go inside, shut the door. (no, not in a let's get it on kind of way. Razz)

Meanwhile Raghag is tapping Booth's phone, planting bugs, and talking to her cohort - "they're nothing I can do - he's gone back to woman he's in love with."
SEASON SAVED! Very Happy

Now, is HH gonna go this route? Have NO idea. Rolling Eyes However, at least I can SEE a route - couldn't before Razz
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:40 pm

joybrennan - that might, just might, save this show for me. It's really the only way I can see them salvaging what they've done to BB and Booth's character. One thing is for certain in my mind though - Booth has to be the one to break up with Hannah. I will be so mad on Brennan's behalf if it's the other way around, she deserves better than Booth going to back to wanting a relationship with her by default.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:00 pm

joybrennan wrote:Sigh...this thread sounds like the way I've been talking all summer. And just when I was starting to turn away from the dark side. I guess I'll go gray tonight. conscience Starting with his evilness - as you know, you are absolutely right. Your describtion of the ending 100th scene was so on target. It made NO sense in the context of the 99 5/6 episodes that came before it. HH and Fox hyped that eight episode arch like it was going to be amazing. Evil or Very Mad except for the gravedigger trial ep, and the 100th up until the last 2.5 minutes- it is THE WORST group of Bones episodes in the entire series - INCLUDING the Dearly Departed nonsense. Then to make matters worse, they come in with a storyline that, if they looked at the season five ratings, is clearly a mistake. Even with the hiatus in the fall due to Idol, the highest rated episodes are in that block after it which were all about BB getting closer. The lowest rating - after the hundredth. Shocked So, it really does beg the question: are they just crazy, or do they really think their audience is that stupid? I'm leaning toward the latter. They are doing an episode based on Jersey Shore. Shocked

That being said, there are a few slightly possible positive possibilities. HH tweeted something about being annoyed that people kept tweeting him about the network - "like we're incapable of making our own mistakes." However, he ALSO tweeted that Fox had done some FOCUS GROUP screenings to see what, in descending order they liked about BONES. If that doesn't SCREAM network interference or influence, I don't know what does. In any case, I definitely think they are aware they could have a problem on their hands, and that the direction they've taken - for whatever reason - isn't working. It sounds like they HAVE TO follow through to a certain extent on the nonsense they started, but they are keeping things more vague than usual because they HAVE NOT actually nailed down how they want this season to play out.

I had been completely despondent most of the summer because I simply couldn't see a way out of the mess that's been made. However, there is a way to get it somewhat back on track. Not as great as it was, but it could become watchable and fun again. Some positive signs to watch for.

A) Once she knows about Raghag, Brennan pulling away from Booth. Yes, she should be supportive. She regrets that she said no to the relationship, but she DOES NOT tell Booth that. Part of her realizations in WHEREVER she was should be that the times she's spent with Booth out of the office, dinners, coffees, sharing weren't about work, they were about wanting to spend more time with him. In fact, her whole switching into this partnership with Booth has ALWAYS BEEN about wanting to be with Booth. Once she knows about Raghag, shee will decide that spending time with him outside of work is no longer appropriate, and not something to expect.

B) Booth's growing confusion about Brennan. Yeah, at first he's gonna preen a bit about his new love, but Brennan is still in supportive mode. However, the first time Raghag cancels a lunch date he goes to see if Brennan wants to have lunch, Brennan's response should something really Brennan-like, such as "Why?"
Booth is gonna be surprised by that. Brennan will ask if there's a new case to talk about, or some evidence to go over? Booth will be like, no, I just thought we'd have lunch. Brennan will say something like if it isn't work-related then we shouldn't be spending time together - it is an inappropriate behavior for a working relationship. Booth leaves, but he's mad. He goes to take. Cam to lunch instead where he vents about Brennan. Cam points out that Brennan is complicated, she may have feelings about his new relationship that she has to process - she's a genius, but not when it comes to emotions. Booth laughs it off, saying, trust me, she has no interest in a romatic relationship with me, she turned me down flat. Cam's trader goes off, and Booth tells her the whole story in 30 seconds, ending with, I told her I was gonna have to move on - she understood that. Cam looks disturbed, but won't explain why to Booth. That night the gang is out having drinks, Booth stops by for "for a bit" until it's time to meet up with Raghag for dinner. Brennan suggests a new restaurant she'd read about that was said to have excellent cuisine, and a romantic atmosphere, then, excuses herself, she's forgotten to take care of something at the lab. Everyone feels awkward and shortly they've all found excuses to go home - leaving Booth by himself.

When they are working together it feels like old times - except when Booth gets protective, Brennan reminds hm that she can take care of herself. Booth is also more physically aware of Brennan, complimenting on her clothes, the way she wears her hair - until she asks him not to. He still notices her physically though, even when he's just had sex with Raghag - it bothers him.

Essentially, Booth finds himself missing Brennan, sometimes even when with Raghag. Brennan misses Booth too, so she's working late, sometimes finding old Jane doe cases to examine.

Booth is having fun with Raghag - but not. He goes to Cam, saying Brennan's working too much, to which Cam says, "she's doing what she needs to do. Booth is P.O. - but when he starts up Cam let's him have it - Yes, he's a good person with a huge heart, plus he's hot, sweet, and good in bed. Thus, he's never had to work for a relationship in his life - women chose him, and he decided if he wanted to go there. The first time HE chooses and it doesn't happen immediately he just quits and goes back to his regular pattern. She wouldn't mind so much, but to do that with BRENNAN? BRENNEN who ability to connect emotionally is so slow, who response to "how are you feeling" is to give a physical rundown that in includes her body temperature. You expected her to process that question THEN? I told you if you weren't sure, don't ask her." Booth is mad, " I was sure!" Cam," if you had been sure, you wouldn't been with Raghag now, you'd be going after Dr. Brennan."
"So, what, I should break up with her just -"
"No. I mean that if you REALLY had been sure it was Dr. Brennan you wanted, you wouldn't have quit after the first time you actuallt asked her about dating. You'd have kept at it."
This disturbs Booth.

C)Booth has to be the one to dump Raghag.
So, a conversation like the one with Cam above, HAS to happen. They have to explain more of his history with women, that he's not Prince Charming - and that with Brennan, he should have known better. So now Brennan regrets saying no, and Booth regrets acting hastily. Let's say he shows up at Brennan's after that talk. She is upset that he's there. He says that he misses just hanging out with her and talking, he misses his best friend. Brennan reiterates it's inappropriate, his best friend is supposed to Raghag, and he should be eating Chinese with her. She's upset, and he leaves. He walks in and Raghag is all dolled up in lingerie ready to play. She sees the cold Chinese food and is like, we can heat that up later, I'd rather heat you up." Booth just looks at her. She gets that something's up. Booth realizes she will never be what he wants. He feels bad about it, but he says, "this isn't going to work."
They have the breakup conversation, raghag's upset, the whole tears and everything. Booth offers to pay for a hotel until she. finds a place. She says no, she doesn't need his money. She'll pack tonight and be gone by tomorrow. Booth leaves - no kiss or.anything.

Booth chooses to pursue Brennan
So now it's really late. Booth is at Brennan's door, again (same night) He tells her he's just gonna keep knocking until she opens the door (yes, that line is intentional Wink ) She opens the door in a robe and pajamas. Booth had new Chinese food. Brennan is like WTF? He tells her he just broke It off with Raghag. Brennan is shocked, he was happy with her, she was perfect for him, she doesn't. Booth says I realized I'd rather be having Chinese with you than sex with her. Brennan is shocked, he smooths her hair back, and there's that electric B&B moment. "Got your favorite Tofu." "How can I resist. They go inside, shut the door. (no, not in a let's get it on kind of way. Razz)

Meanwhile Raghag is tapping Booth's phone, planting bugs, and talking to her cohort - "they're nothing I can do - he's gone back to woman he's in love with."
SEASON SAVED! Very Happy

Now, is HH gonna go this route? Have NO idea. Rolling Eyes However, at least I can SEE a route - couldn't before Razz

I sure hope you are right. Didn't Hart or Nathan know there fan base. The base that has survived numerous night changes, the writer's strike, and a few not so good season finales.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:35 pm

DoctorB wrote:joybrennan - that might, just might, save this show for me. It's really the only way I can see them salvaging what they've done to BB and Booth's character. One thing is for certain in my mind though - Booth has to be the one to break up with Hannah. I will be so mad on Brennan's behalf if it's the other way around, she deserves better than Booth going to back to wanting a relationship with her by default.

Yup, Booth needs to be the one who wants the relationship to end because, and only becasue of his feelings for Brennan. NOT because journo barbie does something to piss him off. NOT becasue she wants to end things. NOT becasue Brennan is lying in a coma and he suddenly realises he can't live without her, (rip off thumbsdown ) and journo barbie decides to pack her bags NO. If that happens, then Brennan should just wake up and say "Who are you?" Mwhahaha, payback should be a b*tch.

It is so fantastic for joybrennan to point out also that Booth has never had to work for a relationship, because women just love him. I mean come on, journo barbie 'follows him' to DC and "ding" they're living together. Oh man this is just too too easy Twisted Evil The one woman who doesn't fall all over him and his charm smile, who challenges him, in the process making him a better person, who's heart is breaking as she tells him "You're the one who needs protecting....From me", well oooopsy, "I guess she really isn't the one after all. Best not waste anymore time here. Better move on to someone who will cling to me like a suckling baby, and tell me everything I want to hear." Not Boothy baby, not Boothy at all. But then again, maybe this is the new Boothy Sad

OMG maybe Booth just gets really mad at Journo Barbie becasue she chucks out all his flashy ties, and stripey socks, and OMG (hyperventilates, and whispers dramatically) his Cocky belt buckle... No

But, in all seriousness, yes, Booth has to do it, because and only because he realises, he has fallen in love with Brennan, and she irreplacable as the woman he loves, the woman he will always love, and the woman he could NEVER fall out of love with (not in 2 minutes, not in 7 months, not in ever). Because what he needs and WANTS is her, just HER, not his ideal of what forever is, and where she may fit in that ideal.

Last edited by RubyRuby on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Right on RubyRuby!

I am the biggest diehard BB shipper but to be honest if Booth isn't the one to dump Hannah and does so because of his feelings for Bones, I will actually won't want Brennan to be with him. She deserves pre-season five Booth, not BoothLite who basically declared his undying love for her and then at the slightest sign of resistance found some blonde bimbo replacement. Like I said in another thread I really want to see Brennan ask Booth if he 'knew' Hannah was The One. Just how many times can you meet 'the one' Booth? I thought that was supposed to be Brennan not Journo Barbie Evil or Very Mad Ugh!

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:15 pm

DoctorB wrote:Right on RubyRuby!

I am the biggest diehard BB shipper but to be honest if Booth isn't the one to dump Hannah and does so because of his feelings for Bones, I will actually won't want Brennan to be with him. She deserves pre-season five Booth, not BoothLite who basically declared his undying love for her and then at the slightest sign of resistance found some blonde bimbo replacement. Like I said in another thread I really want to see Brennan ask Booth if he 'knew' Hannah was The One. Just how many times can you meet 'the one' Booth? I thought that was supposed to be Brennan not Journo Barbie Evil or Very Mad Ugh!

Why does the prospect of that particular B&B cnoversation blowing up into a lot of yelling appeal to me?? Or Brennan just being deadly quiet and direct in her Brennan way would be almost as satisfying too.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:32 pm

RubyRuby wrote:
DoctorB wrote:Right on RubyRuby!

Why does the prospect of that particular B&B conversation blowing up into a lot of yelling appeal to me?? Or Brennan just being deadly quiet and direct in her Brennan way would be almost as satisfying too.

Now, now, that level of emotional understanding would not be Brennan. [Only admins are allowed to see this link] However, I wouldn't mind Booth overhearing Brennan asking Angela, if when people say they've found, "the one" is that just a way of saying you're attracted to someone, or is it actually supposed to mean a specific individual - because that would seem to be a misnomer.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Now, now, that level of emotional understanding would not be Brennan. However, I wouldn't mind Booth overhearing Brennan asking Angela, if when people say they've found, "the one" is that just a way of saying you're attracted to someone, or is it actually supposed to mean a specific individual - because that would seem to be a misnomer.

Sigh. Yes I know, I'm being quite unreasonable and letting my inner firedevil take over all logic and sensible thought. Thank you for bringing me back to sanity.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:53 pm

I don't think it needs to involve lots of yelling, but an emotionally distant and "cold" Brennan shutting Booth down would appeal to me. I am not normally an angst lover but I feel like Booth will want the same relationship he had with Bones pre-second half of season five/Hannah and he damn well doesn't deserve it IMO Razz

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:09 pm

DoctorB wrote:I don't think it needs to involve lots of yelling, but an emotionally distant and "cold" Brennan shutting Booth down would appeal to me. I am not normally an angst lover but I feel like Booth will want the same relationship he had with Bones pre-second half of season five/Hannah and he damn well doesn't deserve it IMO Razz

No he does not deserve it. Can we just skip to that part already so I can see his, and everyone else's reaction?? Pretty please bounce

Oh wait. this is HH and Co, and FOX we are talking about. So we might not even get cold and distant Brennan because remember, Brennan is supposed to be pining and jealous, and then what, welcome him back with open arms, and say "Oh thank you so much for choosing me to be the one Seely baby. Its ok, I don't care that you played house with your blonde bimbo. You succeeded in making me sooo jealous, and I've learned so so much about love from you and your barbie. MMMWA". Yeah.

Last edited by RubyRuby on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 pm

DoctorB wrote:I don't think it needs to involve lots of yelling, but an emotionally distant and "cold" Brennan shutting Booth down would appeal to me. I am not normally an angst lover but I feel like Booth will want the same relationship he had with Bones pre-second half of season five/Hannah and he damn well doesn't deserve it IMO Razz

Oh, he absolutely should not. However, as Emily has pointed out, Brennan is very disconnected from her feelings. Her being distant and cold can't come off as being calculated or conscious. Her asking Booth a pointed question like that would make her seem too aware. I can see her making a "rational" decision that she needs to change her relationship with Booth because that level of intimacy inappropriate. She might indeed be confused about what "finding the one" means if there is more than one "one." But her decision to distance from Booth would mean she wouldn't ask him that kind of question. She's ask Angela.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:20 pm

joybrennan wrote:

Oh, he absolutely should not. However, as Emily has pointed out, Brennan is very disconnected from her feelings. Her being distant and cold can't come off as being calculated or conscious. Her asking Booth a pointed question like that would make her seem too aware. I can see her making a "rational" decision that she needs to change her relationship with Booth because that level of intimacy inappropriate. She might indeed be confused about what "finding the one" means if there is more than one "one." But her decision to distance from Booth would mean she wouldn't ask him that kind of question. She's ask Angela.

I'd be happy to see her ask it of Ang too. It doesn't need to be Booth. But I kinda see Brennan asking or wondering if Booth 'knew' Hannah was 'the one' as that a way of defining how happy he is, because despite Booth pissing me off, Brennan still wants him to be happy even if it's not with her. I kind of see Brennan putting her walls back up because Booth declared his undying love for her but moved on easily.

But I'm sure you're right - that would be way too emotionally conscious for Brennan to do. I can so see her distancing herself from him because he has Hannah now. And I hope she does because IMO Booth totally does not deserve to have that close bond/relationship with Brennan that he did before he committed himself to a serious relationship.

ETA: I also wonder if when Brennan realises she is in love with Booth, she also realises that she can't have the kind of relationship she has with him with anyone else. That she couldn't even TRY to have that kind of relationship with someone else because she knows that Booth is it for her, regardless of if he's with her or not. I am sure it would be too un-Brennanlike for her then to wonder why it wasn't the same for Booth, if he did indeed feel that way about her like he implied he did in ep 100. But I would so love her to come to that realisation and then have Booth need to prove, really prove, to her that he's committed to her and wants to be with her forever.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Wow...do we need to start a thread "What's with all the Booth hate?" like there was for Brennan not too long ago? WOW. Poor Booth...

If she did go to Angela, then Angela could use her relationship with Jack as showing that you can try to move on and 'be happy" with someone else (in her case both Roxie and Wendell) and still have that deep love for "the one" and everything happens eventually.

I think Booth understands that Brennan is his one true forever love...but what can you do when that person tells you she doesn't want you...and won't even try? Again, Booth doesn't tell her he's moving on to look for someone to love...he tells her he's going to find someone to love him. And at the root, really that's who Booth is...he wants to BE loved. and yet he keeps getting kicked around instead...Rebecca, and Cam later pretty much tells him that she was just "satisfied" and not in love, and then when Brennan shuts him down but then begs to stay partners, his view is that he's not worthy of her love, but that she's using him as her connection to the outside world, and so he tells her that he's looking for someone willing to love HIM for 30, 40, 50 years not for someone for him to love...because he already knows that no matter if he finds someone that will make him "happy", she won't ever be his one true love.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 pm

crzy4bones wrote:

I think Booth understands that Brennan is his one true forever love...but what can you do when that person tells you she doesn't want you...and won't even try? Again, Booth doesn't tell her he's moving on to look for someone to love...he tells her he's going to find someone to love him. And at the root, really that's who Booth is...he wants to BE loved. and yet he keeps getting kicked around instead...Rebecca, and Cam later pretty much tells him that she was just "satisfied" and not in love, and then when Brennan shuts him down but then begs to stay partners, his view is that he's not worthy of her love, but that she's using him as her connection to the outside world, and so he tells her that he's looking for someone willing to love HIM for 30, 40, 50 years not for someone for him to love...because he already knows that no matter if he finds someone that will make him "happy", she won't ever be his one true love.

But it's not like Brennan freaking out and turning Booth down (she didn't say she didn't want him - she said she didn't want to risk it) was out of character for her... she was doing exactly what Brennan would do. I would have been amazed if she had fallen into his arms. This is Booth who knows to take things slowly with Brennan and that she needs time to come around to the way he looks at things... I thought it was OOC for him to do the 'I KNEW' speech and then at the first sign of resistance back peddle and say he's now going to move on.

Anyway I'm sure that's all been rehashed a billion times over, suffice to say, the hiatus has giving me time to think about it all and knowing what will happen next season I am disappointed in the direction they've taken Booth's character. It's just not Boothy lol!

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 pm

@Doctor B all due respect, not one person here knows what is going to happen next year.

Not one person here has seen an epi of S6

All we got is spoilers, sides and interviews and when has that info been set in stone??? Never.

I have to say that I am really dissappointed in how some people aren't even going to give the new season a chance and watch with an #open mind#

Minds are set that through speculation and spoilers , they are sure with certainy, that this is going to happen and I how they hate a character for doing this or that, when we haven't even seen an new episode.

I think it that is in someway taking away from what Emily and David bring to the layers of their characters, their input, them fleshing out Booth and Brennan. It isn't just about the writing. And taking away from what Hart wants the for the characters, it is his show.

Ever heard "never judge a book by a cover?" Well never base an epi or season on spoilers, interviews and sides.

End of rant but I felt that this needed to be said.

Hating on a season, characters and the writing, when you have actually watched the epi and season is one thing but to do so before is hardly fair.
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Hating or not, but I'm NOT WATCHING this season because I can't stomack another 3rd party, especially a Blondie rolling in bed with Booth. puke puke puke As long as SOB is in the picture, I'll be watching... whatever, just not Bones.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:50 pm

crzy4bones wrote:

Bottom line for me is - that Booth asked Brennan for them to be together. She said no. She said no. There is no fancing dancing around that.

There was no hope for a future given, no give me time from her. Nothing. As much a Booth was quick to say that he had to move on, Brennan was just as equally as quick to say no to him in the first place.

Now, instead of Booth seeing Brennan struggle with her rejection of him, which would of given him a clue that she was hurt as much as he was after his confession, all we got was Brennan making googly eyes at Hacker, hearing about whether or not they were having sex or not, giggling with Angela on what she should wear and watching her and Hacker flirt at the diner. Then practically pushing on to Booth how great she thought that Catherine was for him, how glad she was to see him dating.

Right up tilll the season finale, they had opportunity of having Brennan stop and tell Booth, that she was having second thoughts about them but that didn't happen, we got her telling Angela not Booth. Not to mention oh "our partnership is the most important thing to me" only to a few epis later I can't work with you, taxi to the other side of the world.

Now I am confused writing this, how must Booth feel. Razz

This is me trying to give another perspective, because there always is, there is never one person at fault in a relationship. Brennan has had a hand in why Booth has got a new relationship just as much as he has.

I love you
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Chocolate Chip, I get what you are saying and normally I would agree with you, but I don't need to watch the new season to know that I absolutely detest a SO plot being bought in at this point in the series. The simple fact that Booth is coming back with a serious GF is enough for me to have serious doubts about what they are doing with the integrity of the character.

I don't think Brennan is completely guiltless, but I do think her response in the 100th ep was in character. Booth was OOC (IMO).

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:40 pm

Chocolate Chip wrote:@Doctor B all due respect, not one person here knows what is going to happen next year.

Not one person here has seen an epi of S6

All we got is spoilers, sides and interviews and when has that info been set in stone??? Never.

I have to say that I am really dissappointed in how some people aren't even going to give the new season a chance and watch with an #open mind#

Minds are set that through speculation and spoilers , they are sure with certainy, that this is going to happen and I how they hate a character for doing this or that, when we haven't even seen an new episode.

I think it that is in someway taking away from what Emily and David bring to the layers of their characters, their input, them fleshing out Booth and Brennan. It isn't just about the writing. And taking away from what Hart wants the for the characters, it is his show.

Ever heard "never judge a book by a cover?" Well never base an epi or season on spoilers, interviews and sides.

End of rant but I felt that this needed to be said.

Hating on a season, characters and the writing, when you have actually watched the epi and season is one thing but to do so before is hardly fair.

I have to disagree with this..Most people are upset with the direction of the show post 100th. Many issues were out of character, and the writing itself was just forced and bad. That is carrying over into S6. Sure we haven't seen any episodes yet, but the things that are set in stone-the 3rd party storyline-are only adding to lack of character integrity. Everyone has the option to watch or not, but I do believe that even the most adament of people who say they are not watching, really do care about the show and the direction it is taking. I will watch, not because I like the direction the show is taking, but I haven't completely given up yet, and I'm curious to see how or if they try to fix it...
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Chocolate Chip wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:

Bottom line for me is - that Booth asked Brennan for them to be together. She said no. She said no. There is no fancing dancing around that.

There was no hope for a future given, no give me time from her. Nothing. As much a Booth was quick to say that he had to move on, Brennan was just as equally as quick to say no to him in the first place.

Now, instead of Booth seeing Brennan struggle with her rejection of him, which would of given him a clue that she was hurt as much as he was after his confession, all we got was Brennan making googly eyes at Hacker, hearing about whether or not they were having sex or not, giggling with Angela on what she should wear and watching her and Hacker flirt at the diner. Then practically pushing on to Booth how great she thought that Catherine was for him, how glad she was to see him dating.

Right up tilll the season finale, they had opportunity of having Brennan stop and tell Booth, that she was having second thoughts about them but that didn't happen, we got her telling Angela not Booth. Not to mention oh "our partnership is the most important thing to me" only to a few epis later I can't work with you, taxi to the other side of the world.

This is me trying to give another perspective, because there always is, there is never one person at fault in a relationship. Brennan has had a hand in why Booth has got a new relationship just as much as he has.

I love you

Now THIS? I agree with. Yes, they are both at fault for where they are at. However it's Booth's lack of character integrity that we are having issues with and hating on him about.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 am

DoctorB wrote:Chocolate Chip, I get what you are saying and normally I would agree with you, but I don't need to watch the new season to know that I absolutely detest a SO plot being bought in at this point in the series. The simple fact that Booth is coming back with a serious GF is enough for me to have serious doubts about what they are doing with the integrity of the character.

I don't think Brennan is completely guiltless, but I do think her response in the 100th ep was in character. Booth was OOC (IMO).

See I find Brennan's "I can't change" excuse completley OOC.

Brennan is an anthropologist
1. the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
2. the study of human beings' similarity to and divergence from other animals.
3. the science of humans and their works.
4. Also called philosophical anthropology. the study of the nature and essence of humankind.

A scientist that doesn't believe in change or believes that somehow it doesn't apply to her, sorry that is so OOC, esp when I remember her saying this so clearly in S3 - Soccer Mom in the Mini-Van

BRENNAN: As an Anthropologist, I accept change as the natural order of things - but with him I didn't allow for transformation. Ya know, I predicated his behavior based on a set of outmoded preconceptions. It wasn't rational.

I can't buy what she said in the 100th, I buy Booths's very human response of a man, that tried, floundered and got kicked in the gut, any day than what Hart had Brennan say. Now that is just me, said after watching the epi, that is my inital reaction and still is.

Now bashing a season and what you think is going to happen, makes no sense to me. when no one knows what is going to happen

Believe when I watch the season and I don't like the epis, then I am going to say what I like or don't like. Loudly Very Happy but most not before. I think there is speculating and then there is speculting in such away that it convinces that this is going to happen and this going to suck but when in fact it bears nothing to what happens on screen

You guys remember the UPROAR over prior to ConMan. It was bad. Scenes from the sides didn't even make the epi. Brennan and Jared out on the town and Brennan boasting to Booth what a good time she had all the places they visited, that Booth had showed him as a kid. Then when the epi aired scene not there, all the worry over nothing. Or the scene where Jared was in the helicopter in Hero epi, in the sides but not in the epi. People freaked out badly over ConMan and now a lot love that epi.

Wink lets face it, t is known that us Bones fans like to make mountains out of mole hills when it comes to spoilers, hence why Hart is keeping mum and hates them, and boy does he hate them.

I am not going to change anyones mind, not my place to but I do think it isn't fair to set your mind to one set of hating something without giving it a chance to prove or not prove it's self.

I love you

Last edited by Chocolate Chip on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:40 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
Chocolate Chip wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:

I love you

Now THIS? I agree with. Yes, they are both at fault for where they are at. However it's Booth's lack of character integrity that we are having issues with and hating on him about.

Again no clue what goes on between Brennan and Booth when they return.

Maybe Brennan's still on her "I can't change kick" or or "yeah I am happy that you found someone, good for you Booth, I am going back into the dating pool now since the only person I saw in the jungle was Daisy, didn't really have anyone to tempt me but now.."

Maybe nothing has changed all the months apart, which if you want to go by the sides is hinted at, Brennan saying that nothing has changed after being apart and Booth questions that comment, again I don't pay that much attention to sides but others do, so here we have Hannah turning up an epi later, to be with him, actually wanting him, to have a life with him, of course he is going to try to make it work, when it appears that things have stood still for them in May.

Of course I may be well off, it is just speculation and I will forget it when the epis air and watch what Hart wants me to see, not what I hope or want to see

But so many others are saying how bad the upcoming epis are going to be. I am just trying to keep an open mind to the possibility that they will be interesting tv, but that is just me.

Anyway I am looking forward to Season 6 and watching David and Emily work their magic Smile

Last edited by Chocolate Chip on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:47 am

Also no one has questioned Hannah's motives. I seriously doubt whether an investigative reporter who likes to live on the edge sees Booth as anything more than a casual fling much the same way Brennan told Sully that their relationship was. He wants someone for the long haul but I doubt very much if she is going to see it that way and I also doubt that he actually views her in that way. Certainly the writers aren't going to view it in that way.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next