Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harts Tweet - rewrite of season opener

+6
mommahurley
joybrennan
tinkrella
treble21
gordongordonfan
katharine
10 posters

Go down

Harts Tweet - rewrite of season opener Empty Harts Tweet - rewrite of season opener

Post by katharine Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Noticed a tweet of HH - In a rewrite of the season opener, one of the characters suprised me with a blurt. Love when that happens after 5 seasons.

What the hell is a blurt and what does that mean, rewrite?????????

These tweeters are just awful.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Harts Tweet - rewrite of season opener Empty Re: Harts Tweet - rewrite of season opener

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:22 pm

LOL... of course the "character" blurted something surprising! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] Doesn't seem like HH is following his "no teasing" path very well is it? :-)

Maybe the "blurt" was the comment made by Brennan about only being afraid of snakes when Booth was around... that is definitely a "blurt" that she probably wouldn't intentionally say with Daisy around???? Who knows though!
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Harts Tweet - rewrite of season opener Empty Re: Harts Tweet - rewrite of season opener

Post by treble21 Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:25 am

katharine wrote:Noticed a tweet of HH - In a rewrite of the season opener, one of the characters suprised me with a blurt. Love when that happens after 5 seasons.

What the hell is a blurt and what does that mean, rewrite?????????

These tweeters are just awful.

A blurt is something that someone says without thought behind it ( Kinda like when Brennan said she wanted a baby) and rewrites are done on scripts all the way up to shooting, it's standard with TV because there may be people involved in the show that have issues with something in the script. For example, all scripts go to the network who then sends it back with notes/suggestions for changes, they also need to take into account that maybe the production team wouldn't be able to come up with a specific location, or the squintern written in that episode is suddenly not available etc.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 am

They change the script a lot during shooting too. They color code all the pages for revisions so by the end...their scripts look like giant rainbows of color. I forget which show (it wasn't bones) but I was watching an interview and one of the actors was complaining about the revisions because they memorize their lines and then they get changed lol

A lot of times things get changed because of budget stuff or location issues.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:27 pm

My favorite HH tweet today was his tweet to Dan Harmon

@danharmon My first S&P note of the season: "Sorry, no 'shit-canned'." Rats. I was hoping to sneak that one by.

LMAO I love him for even trying to get that through.
just in case anyone wonders S&P is standards and practices, they decide what is and isn't "offensive" and "shit-canned", means fired.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:53 pm

haha S&P must drive him CRAZY! they originally couldn't get booth's belt buckle through it. They had to air brush it out of the scenes and then all the sudden S&P didn't care. They probably realized they had bigger fish to fry.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:29 am

So, apparently, during a rewrite, a character "blurt" revealed something HH didn't know. It wouldn't be the snake comment - that was already written.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Or perhaps it means Actors say something that is not in the script, but he likes it so he keeps it! Unintentional unplanned brilliance!!!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:11 pm

mommahurley wrote:Or perhaps it means Actors say something that is not in the script, but he likes it so he keeps it! Unintentional unplanned brilliance!!!

possible, but when he tweeted this they hadn't started filming yet, .....actually I don't think they start till tommorrow?
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:01 am

They start filming today Very Happy
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dddodson Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:05 am

Characters talk to you when you are writing. If something is "going," you are almost transcribing, just following your characters. You know where you want to go, but characters can surprise you.

That's how I took this. HH is working on the script, writing characters he has known for 5 years -- and they can still surprise him by "blurting" out something he didn't know or didn't expect. Very cool when that can still happen, actually. And fun.

dddodson

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:08 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:They start filming today Very Happy

thanks I couldn't remember if it was the 20th or the 21st.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:02 am

TJ's tweet: and it begins. the laughter on stage 6 is already audible across the lot to HOUSE. We are home. and oooo do we have good scenes for ya!!

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 am

treble21 wrote:My favorite HH tweet today was his tweet to Dan Harmon

@danharmon My first S&P note of the season: "Sorry, no 'shit-canned'." Rats. I was hoping to sneak that one by.

LOL!!! Love them!

I have yet to hear from a group of tv writers that doesn't utterly detest S&P. But good on them for trying! Razz

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:50 pm

joybrennan wrote:So, apparently, during a rewrite, a character "blurt" revealed something HH didn't know. It wouldn't be the snake comment - that was already written.

Yeah, LOL... I keep picturing her in her "wonder woman" outfit on his back! I didn't actually mean the fact that she said she was afraid of snakes... I meant the fact that she blurted out to Daisy that she's ONLY afraid of snakes around Booth! (Definitely reveals more than she normally would to Daisy huh?!! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] ) But who knows, could be anything! :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down