Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know when the sides for S6 are going to come out?

+13
heirofloki
Phoebe
bailey
dreamerktm411
DONEWITHIT
gordongordonfan
a_rangergrl2
MI_Bonesgirl
elyon
treble21
Brain&Heart
tinkrella
jro54
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Does anyone know when the sides for S6 are going to come out? - Page 4 Empty Re: Does anyone know when the sides for S6 are going to come out?

Post by elyon Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:55 am

I think people do like the humor and expect the cases to be involving but anyone who watches on a regular basis knows that it's the relationships that glue the whole apparatus together. They are the through line in a show that is, as Hart has said, episodic. And comedy, crime or whatever, without the B&B chemistry, Bones would be just another crime drama that never made it past the first couple of years.

So here is my question for Hart, if he believes the testing -- are we ever going to see Booth be happy again?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know when the sides for S6 are going to come out? - Page 4 Empty Re: Does anyone know when the sides for S6 are going to come out?

Post by jro54 Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:02 am

I don't get what he means by "testing?" Does he mean that he's testing to see if fans are more interested in the cases than the relationships between the characters?
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 am

Don't know if he means special audiences where they run episodes and then hand out comment sheets or some sort of polling of regular audiences. I would guess the former but that wouldn't really give him any kind of feel for what long term audiences are looking for when they turn 'Bones' on every Thursday.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:10 am

Honestly,a good case is engaging. But which episodes get the highest ratings? Certainly not the funny ones. Come on which would everyone rate higher- the gravedigger arc or Double Death and Double Trouble? I would consider Bones to be very character driven, then cases and humor should be 3rd on that test list
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:18 am

This is the strength of 'Bones', the way they can maneuver between hysterically funny and profoundly sad and dramatic. The actors are first rate and can do both very, very well. But we've now had a whole season of anguish, uncertainty and misery. Enough already. Back to hysterically funny for something completely different.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:21 am

elyon wrote:Don't know if he means special audiences where they run episodes and then hand out comment sheets or some sort of polling of regular audiences. I would guess the former but that wouldn't really give him any kind of feel for what long term audiences are looking for when they turn 'Bones' on every Thursday.

Okay. So I guess he gives out some sort of survey or poll to an audience who watches episode and more people find the cases more interesting that the relationships between the characters. I find a good case to be very engaging. The cases and the forensics are what drew to Bones in the first place and then started shipping B&B.

Elyon, make sure to bring a blow horn and super glue when you go to comic con. Wink

Last edited by jro54 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:27 am

Will do. I plan to speak very loudly and persistently regarding our favorite subject.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:31 am

elyon wrote:Will do. I plan to speak very loudly and persistently regarding our favorite subject.
You will be the voice for all of us here. Make sure it's heard loud and clear!!
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:32 am

I'm taking a tape recorder and a notebook and I have a press pass so I'm hopeful of being able to get some useful responses from HH.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:38 am

elyon wrote:Will do. I plan to speak very loudly and persistently regarding our favorite subject.

I think that whole experience will be very interesting. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when they are hit with good tough questions like we have all been asking this summer. I know they will let David smile and think that everyone will be in awe of his pretty smile and forget that they actually want information. I wouldn't want to be Hart or David. I know most people will be respectful, but I bet they'll be some tough questions if most of the crowd feel like us.
No more misery.............

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:01 am

jro54 wrote:
elyon wrote:Don't know if he means special audiences where they run episodes and then hand out comment sheets or some sort of polling of regular audiences. I would guess the former but that wouldn't really give him any kind of feel for what long term audiences are looking for when they turn 'Bones' on every Thursday.

Okay. So I guess he gives out some sort of survey or poll to an audience who watches episode and more people find the cases more interesting that the relationships between the characters. I find a good case to be very engaging. The cases and the forensics are what drew to Bones in the first place and then started shipping B&B.
I knew the moment I saw the promo I was in trouble. Razz I saw David and Emily interact and the thought that popped into my head was, "if you watch this new show, you are going to get as hooked as you were on X-files. Don't do it to yourself." Did I listen to that quiet voice of reason? Nooooooo! loco So here I am, looking at the start of season six and Hart is tweeting about people wanting comedy? affraid Dejavu - and not in a good way. Sad

For instance, that entire Angela's dad, Hodgkin's and the car thing - I could have cared less. Comedy is fine when it comes out during a really good case, or in character interactions. I would have rather 86'd that bit and had a stronger case with more B&B time. I mean, a hoarder? There had to be hundreds of comic moments that could have been built into that. That's what a good "dramedy" does.

Elyon, make sure to bring a blow horn and super glue when you go to comic con. Wink

DITTO! Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 am

jro54 wrote:

He doesn't do anything, the network brass sets up the testing groups ( better known as focus groups) and I can't remember who said it now, but I read something in an earlier post where somebody said that you shouldn't believe the focus groups because there is no garuntee they actually watch the show on their own time, I would completely agree with this.
Also I wouldn't read to much into HH tweeting this as it was in response to a direct fan question, HH didn't say he bought into that being what people watch for just that it's one of the things he gets told, he also tweeted this today in response to a fan questions In my experience there is no "most" but that's because I'm told different things by several different sources, all legit.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:16 am

joybrennan wrote:
jro54 wrote:

I knew the moment I saw the promo I was in trouble. Razz I saw David and Emily interact and the thought that popped into my head was, "if you watch this new show, you are going to get as hooked as you were on X-files. Don't do it to yourself." Did I listen to that quiet voice of reason? Nooooooo! loco So here I am, looking at the start of season six and Hart is tweeting about people wanting comedy? affraid Dejavu - and not in a good way. Sad

For instance, that entire Angela's dad, Hodgkin's and the car thing - I could have cared less. Comedy is fine when it comes out during a really good case, or in character interactions. I would have rather 86'd that bit and had a stronger case with more B&B time. I mean, a hoarder? There had to be hundreds of comic moments that could have been built into that. That's what a good "dramedy" does.

DITTO! Laughing

Funny! I thought the same thing when I first saw the booth/bones chemistry promos. My god i was like..."oh no...it's mulder and scully all over again. help! help!" and well, here I am too. lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:31 am

treble21 wrote:
jro54 wrote:

He doesn't do anything, the network brass sets up the testing groups ( better known as focus groups) and I can't remember who said it now, but I read something in an earlier post where somebody said that you shouldn't believe the focus groups because there is no garuntee they actually watch the show on their own time, I would completely agree with this.
Also I wouldn't read to much into HH tweeting this as it was in response to a direct fan question, HH didn't say he bought into that being what people watch for just that it's one of the things he gets told, he also tweeted this today in response to a fan questions In my experience there is no "most" but that's because I'm told different things by several different sources, all legit.

Thanks, Treble! But I don't read too much into HH's tweets, although his tweets about still writing scripts has given me the feeling that he may be rethinking the SO thing and everything else that came out at the end on S5. but it's just speculation.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:39 am

jro54 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
jro54 wrote:

Thanks, Treble! But I don't read too much into HH's tweets, although his tweets about still writing scripts has given me the feeling that he may be rethinking the SO thing and everything else that came out at the end on S5. but it's just speculation.

yeah I agree about it sounding like they are re-writing scripts (which is quite normal ) I'm really hoping they have reconsidered the SO as well. I realized after re-reading it looked as if the second part of my post was addressing you, for that I'm sorry I had meant to direct the second part of my post to everyone as just a general observation about HH's tweet Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:22 am

I hope this is at least good news for some more comedy-centric episodes. My favorite episodes are the ones conerning Brennan's backstory and then the comedy ones. I think The Double Death of the Dearly Departed is hysterical. And we get shades of the chemistry/relationship too. I'd love to see some more like that in season six.

But to be a little on topic ... I was checking out Showfax today, there are only a handful of new sides out, and most of those are for new shows, not returning episodics.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:24 am

If the actors get the shooting script a week before their start date of July 20th (as per Hart's tweet), then sides should be out in the next week.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4