Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TVGuide "Must Watch Finales"

+23
jcn747
Maureen
Groovycathers
TinkonBrink
wonderwoman
boreanazlover82
19ana89
Hope and Patience
gordongordonfan
andreana22
a_rangergrl2
anteater
tinkrella
SocksNTies
heirofloki
MI_Bonesgirl
DONEWITHIT
puckishbearscubsfan
HeyHey
treble21
mereva
jro54
bugaboo628
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TVGuide "Must Watch Finales" Empty TVGuide "Must Watch Finales"

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:44 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Bones (May 20, Fox)

Booth-Brennan fans may shed a tear or two during the season finale. "There are some big changes for them in the finale that affects the future in a big way," Emily Deschanel, who plays the title character, reveals. Executive producer Hart Hanson adds: "We have a big finale, and I hope for some more crying — of joy or sadness, I don't know."

EDIT: MORE FROM TVGUIDE!

Here is a scan of an "article" in TV Guide about the finale.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by bugaboo628 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

TVGuide "Must Watch Finales" Empty Re: TVGuide "Must Watch Finales"

Post by jro54 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:15 am

Interesting. I'm starting to think that B&B might have sex (or kiss or an mutual admission of love) in the finale and then he has to go to the army rangers and she goes off to Indonesia because it would fit in to the spoilers that I read. Like DB says that the finale scene was hard to get through and the shippers might shed a tear, but according to ED, the "the dam breaks" and the sex would be the "payoff" for the 100th and BIG turning point for B&B. And would it would all the shippers *squeal* but it would also be sad. I don't know, but I don't really don't think that B&B will start their relationship all over again because why would HH&Co. take 1 step forward and then take 1000 steps backward? And they are not stupid people. I'm just so excited about the finale and I don't really care what happens because I'm still going to watch it.

I read the rest of the article and now I'm even more suspicious. Suspect Everyone keeps saying that something HUGE is going to happen in the finale, but going in separate directions doesn't seem HUGE and UNEXPECTED to me because they it already kind of seems like they are growing further apart right now. I have a feeling that they might be talking about this "going their separate ways" nonsense to cover something else up. We know how HH&Co. love to surprise us in finales, so I imagine that they are going to keep the HUGE part a secret especially after they spilled the beans on the sex scene last year.

Last edited by jro54 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:02 am; edited 4 times in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:31 am

Again? I mean, we'll be crying again? Was the 100th ep not enough? Oh my...
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:54 am

I'm starting to get real suspicious about this finale, the fact that Global is not airing it on a wednesday night is highly suspect to me Suspect Something big is coming folks.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:48 am

treble21 wrote:I'm starting to get real suspicious about this finale, the fact that Global is not airing it on a wednesday night is highly suspect to me Suspect Something big is coming folks.

I was thinking the same - and that there is basically no real info out there. Last time the hype for the finale was already out of control by now, wasn't it?

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by puckishbearscubsfan Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:57 am

I just caught something the decision B&B make not the decisions. Interesting......

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:30 am

HeyLJ wrote:
treble21 wrote:I'm starting to get real suspicious about this finale, the fact that Global is not airing it on a wednesday night is highly suspect to me Suspect Something big is coming folks.

I was thinking the same - and that there is basically no real info out there. Last time the hype for the finale was already out of control by now, wasn't it?

yeah it was insane last year.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:47 am

mereva wrote:Again? I mean, we'll be crying again? Was the 100th ep not enough? Oh my...

I know.. I am going to put HH as the responsible party for my therapist's bill that is already HUGE, and B/B and Co. are not helping...more angst Wink
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:35 am

Ok that new scan has me worried. Hart what have you done?! No
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:39 am

Oops. Double post. Darn iPhone

Last edited by MI_Bonesgirl on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post)
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:42 am

treble21 wrote:
HeyLJ wrote:

yeah it was insane last year.

It was. It was also bad business as A LOT of people either didn't watch or watched online rather than on tv. So maybe they don't want to cut the ratings in the US? Just throwing it out there...

Though I do agree this finale should be big.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SocksNTies Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:04 am

Wow! So it sounds like they really are busting up the team for S6. I wonder how in the world they are going to solve crimes if Brennan is not at the Jeffersonian and Booth is not at the FBI. Are they going to form some kind of separate private detective agency? Or maybe a private lab like Kay Scarpetta and crew did in the Patricia Cornwell series. This certainly fits with HH's desire for things to not get stale. Instead of killing off a character this finale, he is writing off home base.

I am nervous, but excited by the prospect of new sets for this show, but imagine what this is going to do to the fanfic writers if Booth is no longer an FBI agent.

SocksNTies
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:35 am

oh wow I actually just read the article, it seems like the centre doesn't hold.....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:14 am

NOt sure if it's this article, but i read one earlier where emily says "the audience is going to be left questioning where are home base will be next season..." so...I'm guessing that means one or both of them end up going? I was actually kind of thinking that booth would turn down the rangers thing and follow her on her dig after she confesses her love OR the other way around. I mean clearly she can't go train with booth lol But, i'm sure she could take a year sobatical and stay near/round about where he will be.

Although...those theories really don't fly because if the show wasn't about murders and solving crimes...it wouldn't be bones and i don't believe they would change the show completely at this stage in the game. So I'm really not sure now.

Unlesss....they split the team up for a short while....say a few episodes and then they come back together. Let's face it....at this point....BB have to end with some hope because I don't believe ratings would stand strong over the summer if it ends with the team breaking up and everyone going their seperate ways. you need something to get the audience back.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:16 am

I agree though that whatever it is....iT'S BIG because all the statements have been very vague and there really aren't many spoilers out for it. The fact that canada is airing it the same night as america speaks volumes lol they don't want whatever it is out early. A part of me is kind of glad because the 100th was sort of ruined for me b/c i couldn't wait until thursday to read the recaps.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:27 am

DB : "We show how they are going in different directions and how that may affect them when they come back together at the start of season 6"

HH: " the decision that Booth and Brennan make affects everybody"
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by anteater Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:41 am

DB says, "...and how it may affect them when they come back together at the start of Season 6." Sounds like they are splitting up in the finale at least for a little bit of time.

And I agree that it is fishy that it is not airing in Canada the night before like the rest of the season has. That has to mean that something enormous is going down and I am not sensing that it is going to be B&B shipper friendly...
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:43 am

anteater wrote:DB says, "...and how it may affect them when they come back together at the start of Season 6." Sounds like they are splitting up in the finale at least for a little bit of time.

And I agree that it is fishy that it is not airing in Canada the night before like the rest of the season has. That has to mean that something enormous is going down and I am not sensing that it is going to be B&B shipper friendly...

I'm kinda leaning toward the opposite, but I'm fully in expect the worst hope for the best scenario right now.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by anteater Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:52 am

treble21 wrote:
anteater wrote:DB says, "...and how it may affect them when they come back together at the start of Season 6." Sounds like they are splitting up in the finale at least for a little bit of time.

I'm kinda leaning toward the opposite, but I'm fully in expect the worst hope for the best scenario right now.

The reason why I'm thinking it may not be happy for B&B shippers is because ED says they "still have huge obstacles in the way of their deep affection for each other." I don't think any of those will be resolved by or in the finale. We might catch a glimpse of them trying to resolve them but I don't think we will get any more than a little taste.
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:59 am

I'm kinda thinking the opposite because they can still have sex, kiss and exchange i love you's and still go their separate ways and just because they won't get together this season doesn't mean that the finale will be "bad." And I try not to take what the spoilers, writers and actors say to serious because those guys love to change their words around (especially DB) and the whole point of interviews is to drive fans crazy because their evil. Twisted Evil But I don't think that they will end this season without giving us a little hope for B&B because I'm sure they realize that they will lose many viewers if they don't because a majority of their fan base are B&B shippers.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:05 pm

tinkrella wrote:Although...those theories really don't fly because if the show wasn't about murders and solving crimes...it wouldn't be bones and i don't believe they would change the show completely at this stage in the game. So I'm really not sure now.

Not happening. It's a formula show; you don't change the formula of a formula show. That's an even bigger rule than you don't resolve the UST between your leads. Which I don’t think they will do entirely either.

JMO, but you know you can also be left wondering where Booth & Bones' home base is if Booth has taken a leave from the FBI and then Brennan decides to stop working for them so that they can take a shot at working out a personal relationship and with no one actually going anywhere. Then we can speculate how they are going to get around the FBI Fraternization Policy. Because its a formula show and we know they have to. That actually kind of sounds more like Bones to me than a lot of the Soap Opera speculation floating around out there. And its cheaper than new sets. Wink
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 pm

a_rangergrl2 wrote:
tinkrella wrote:Although...those theories really don't fly because if the show wasn't about murders and solving crimes...it wouldn't be bones and i don't believe they would change the show completely at this stage in the game. So I'm really not sure now.

Not happening. It's a formula show; you don't change the formula of a formula show. That's an even bigger rule than you don't resolve the UST between your leads. Which I don’t think they will do entirely either.

JMO, but you know you can also be left wondering where Booth & Bones' home base is if Booth has taken a leave from the FBI and then Brennan decides to stop working for them so that they can take a shot at working out a personal relationship and with no one actually going anywhere. Then we can speculate how they are going to get around the FBI Fraternization Policy. Because its a formula show and we know they have to. That actually kind of sounds more like Bones to me than a lot of the Soap Opera speculation floating around out there. And its cheaper than new sets. Wink

Hmmmmm...interesting approach..... Suspect
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:20 pm

a_rangergrl2 wrote:

I keep wondering that since they won't be working together anymore by the end of season, then they could pursue their personal relationship. But how will the FBI Fraternization Policy effect them if they don't work with the FBI anymore, but then they probably go back to solving murders for the FBI because this is all about solving murders and they can't change that.

Also, I remember that HH or SN said something about B&B are faced with once-in-a-lifetime-opportunities and I don't think doing something that you have done before counts as a once in a lifetime opportunity. Those guys are so yanking our chains by saying contradictory statements to confuse us and to dive us crazy. Twisted Evil I guess we won't actually no what happens until we see the finale.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by andreana22 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:58 pm

It's possible the "going in different directions" and the "career change" are just references to their year apart. Booth will be training Rangers and Bones will be performing forensic archeology on ancient remains. They may come back to their former roles after they return. And the decision they make that "affects everybody" could be their leaving for a year. From the sides, we know Daisy is planning to go with Brennan. And Angela moving to Paris, after marrying Hodgins? That could be a year long honeymoon.

David also says that this is a "much better ender than last year". Since the title "The beginning in the end" mirrors last season's "The end in the beginning" and they made love in the beginning of that finale, maybe they do it for real at the end of this finale before leaving for a year. We can only hope. Very Happy

andreana22
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Can I ask a question cause I think I'm losing my memory or my mind (either one is entirely possible! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )... did we learn somewhere official, for sure, no doubt, absolutely, confirmed... (you get my drift) that there even IS a 1 year apart? I know the comment in some sides about "we'll be back in year" or something... but this doesn't mean anyone goes anywhere for a year...

Or did we hear something that I am completely missing, and if so, please catch me up! :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next