Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a finale supposed to be?

+14
CanadianBones
i_heart_bones
gordongordonfan
sera
THX1138
nati.cba
heirofloki
SnoopGirl
joybrennan
future_anthro
tinkrella
MI_Bonesgirl
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
flyersfan35
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is a finale supposed to be? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a finale supposed to be?

Post by flyersfan35 Wed May 26, 2010 8:01 am

CanadianBones wrote:yeah, it would've been a better case if someone had intentionally murdered him (wow, that makes me sound like a terrible person). I think Bones needs another scary serial killer, like Epps or something. Those were such intense episodes.
I totally agree!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

What is a finale supposed to be? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a finale supposed to be?

Post by future_anthro Wed May 26, 2010 10:05 am

i_heart_bones wrote:I hope we have a new serial killer next season!
Fingers crossed!!
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed May 26, 2010 8:24 pm

future_anthro wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:I hope we have a new serial killer next season!
Fingers crossed!!
If you squint it kinda looks like he's crossing his fingers!! 2Tup
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed May 26, 2010 8:49 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Wed May 26, 2010 9:34 pm

We do need some meatier cases...we need some kick ass Booth FBI gun stuff...LOL! I can't even remember the last time Booth had to draw his gun....maybe in the 100th in the pawn shop? And that wasn't even anything big...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by G Wed May 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Personally, I hate season finales where someone's life is hanging in the balance. I understand that it's tense, and great for ratings, but I hate having to wait 4 months for the answer. It's one of the things I like about Bones, they don't leave life-or-death cliffhangers, they're more emotional cliffhangers.
My dislike of these cliffhangers, doesn't mean I won't watch a show, but it's like I can see through the drama, and realize it's just a ratings grab. I would rather watch a season opener in the fall because I want to, not because they left me hanging in the spring and I feel forced. Just MO! Very Happy
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed May 26, 2010 10:16 pm

Though I do agree the cases can be a bit of background noise, I don't know about more serial killers: they are actually much rarer than tv makes them out to be, and this show doesn't have a history of dealing with them properly.

All in all, I think BONES might be harder to plot-out than most other cop shows since, although people get dead all the time for all sorts of reasons, not a lot of them are reduced to unidentifiable remains that only a forensic anthropologist can make sense of. At least not in the US -and under FBI jurisdiction.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:@ king
Agree with everything you said what I wanted to but couldn't get the words out. I don't watch Fringe or House, only Criminal Minds, so those are the only Finales (Seasons 1-4,, 5 hasn't aired yet) I can compare to BONES.

I agree as well. Everything Robert said is exactly how I feel. Last year's finale was the worst in the history of finales IMO. It drove me away from a show I had otherwise adored. From reading the comments about this season's it looks like things didn't improve.

And Snoopgirl, last year's CM finale was incredible wasn't it? Tonight's this season's finale. I hope it's just as good. Smile
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbh Thu May 27, 2010 3:11 am

I think my feeling that the Bones finale was a bit flat was compounded as I watched it shortly after watching the super-dramatic Grey's finale.

I feel I am a little on the fence here. A good finale should definitely generate a buzz, get people talking and speculating, however, I definitely agree that as fans, we look for at least some resolution in the finale. Or at least I do. Resolve an ongoing plotline, leave some open, or introduce a new element that can be woven into the next series.

The big thing everyone was talking about this week was the lost finale. I don't have a notion, I stopped watching after the series one finale when I realised that for as long as they could, lost would offer more questions than answers, leaving me forever bewildered.

Bones doesn't leave me bewildered, but it's starting to leave me mighty frustrated, and the finale did nothing to help that. Instead of giving me a reason to keep watching, I am wondering if the series is really going anywhere. B&B's UST can only keep me watching for so long, and as it comes more and more to the fore, the cases become more and more "filler" or "background" material. I know there's only so many murders, but as mentioned previously in this thread, I feel they use to be more interesting.

My problem with the Bones finale is that I don't feel like it's really given me anything to look forward to next season. Oh look, we'll be right back where we were I don't know how long ago. I agree emotional strides have been made this series, but I'm not sure I have the patience to see them through at the rate HH & Co are happy with. And the finale did nothing to change that opinion, and that is not how it should be.
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 2966
Say What You Want : Must. Resist. Spoilers!!
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Thu May 27, 2010 5:22 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
sera wrote:Wow, I was completely fine with all the character/relationship stuff. It was actually the case that slaughtered the episode in my opinion. It really had nothing to do with anything.

IMO it wouldn't be a good episode without the case...
Obviously like everyone else I LOVE the B&B character development, but different cases are what makes the episode, and I didn't think this one was too bad...

Haha, I'm not saying there should not have been a case. I'm saying the case in the episode was boring. They needed one that connected with the team on some level; even Stargazer in the Puddle was at least moving and interesting.
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2