Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prepping for the Season Finale

+3
yvettelgh
future_anthro
muimi07
7 posters

Go down

Prepping for the Season Finale Empty Prepping for the Season Finale

Post by muimi07 Thu May 20, 2010 1:41 pm

I've got a free day (mostly) tomorrow morning so I've decided that I'm going to sit down in front of my television with my laundry and rewatch the following episodes (as suggested at this post on the
[Only admins are allowed to see this link] and the [Only admins are allowed to see this link].)

Yep -- tomorrow is gonna be all Bones fangirling, all day! I'm really looking forward to the finale. The fact that they've kept it so wrapped up tight with what's going to happen is making me really anticipate it. bounce

I figure I'll do a scene by scene "expectation" blog on my own blog and then compare it to what REALLY happens during the finale.

muimi07

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-04-11

http://fwiwfangirl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Prepping for the Season Finale Empty Re: Prepping for the Season Finale

Post by future_anthro Thu May 20, 2010 1:50 pm

I really wish i could do that! Sadly i have a class Sad
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by yvettelgh Thu May 20, 2010 2:09 pm

What time are you starting? I took a vacation day from work... I'll watch along from home.

yvettelgh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Say What You Want : I believe in fate.
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by muimi07 Thu May 20, 2010 2:25 pm

yvettelgh wrote:What time are you starting? I took a vacation day from work... I'll watch along from home.

Probably starting around 9:30AM Pacific since that's when I get home from dropping off my daughter at school. Can only go until about 12:30PM since I have to pick her up at 1:00PM but I should be able to get at least 3 episodes in on DVD Smile

Hrm, maybe a chat/watchathon is in order! bounce

muimi07

Back to top Go down

Post by yvettelgh Thu May 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Oh...I'm on central time...but I should be free around the same time...

yvettelgh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Say What You Want : I believe in fate.
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by muimi07 Thu May 20, 2010 2:35 pm

yvettelgh wrote:Oh...I'm on central time...but I should be free around the same time...

Cool! I'll jump on here when I'm getting started Very Happy Maybe we'll do a chat a long here!

muimi07

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Thu May 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Sadly I am at school all day so I can't download it til I get home, so let's just say I will be very distracted for the day...
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Thu May 20, 2010 11:27 pm

my aim was to watch the 5 episodes to prep for the big one but unfortunatly between uni, assignments and working all week i only managed to squeeze in 2 of them. im just getting to bed now, i have uni in the morning and when i get home (around 11.00am) i should be able to download it (hopefully it wont take too long) and then watch it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
my fear/anticepation/nervousness has all just merged into excitment!!! i cant wait bounce bounce
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Fri May 21, 2010 2:10 am

Thursday feels wrong without Bones D: I'll be downloading as soon as I get in from school tomorrow. The only thing keeping me going is re-watching the last 5 minutes of the [H]ouse finale!

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Prepping for the Season Finale Empty Pilot re-watch, notes.

Post by muimi07 Fri May 21, 2010 2:36 am

Watching the pilot now!! Wow, Brennan is so different than the Brennan we know today. Come to think of it, Booth is pretty different too. Far more buttoned up.

So, she went to Guatemala to escape a messy breakup, huh?

Hrm, here's a few observations from the episode that I'd be surprised if they weren't revisited in the season finale:

Brennan is the one who will only cooperate with Booth and the investigation if she gets full participation in the case. She made the rules. Booth was pretty hesitant.

A couple good lines from this episode:

Brennan: "My most meaningful relationships are with dead people."

Angela: "Tell somebody something that you're not certain you want them to know."
'
At the end, as they're watching Cleo's funeral, Booth is talking about how he wants to catch as many murderers as he's taken lives as a sniper.
Brennan: "I'd like to help you with that."

Wow, rewatching the Pilot is almost painful. I usually never like first episodes after watching a few seasons because things change so much. This is a great example.

muimi07

Back to top Go down

Prepping for the Season Finale Empty Soldier in the Grave

Post by muimi07 Fri May 21, 2010 3:24 am

It has been awhile since I watched this episode. Very unhappy Booth in the opening of the episode. I can't say I blame the guy; guys I know that served are always very unhappy when it seems like someone is desecrating the memories of their fallen brothers. Wow, talk about agitated.

Brennan: "I'm your partner. Let me be your partner."

Definitely seeing how much military is still in Booth. Now I'm a little worried that he will take the opportunity to go back to the Army.

Hrm, now watching the end. No, I don't think he'll ever go back. pale

muimi07

Back to top Go down

Prepping for the Season Finale Empty Boneless Bride

Post by muimi07 Fri May 21, 2010 5:01 am

Ugh, this is not one of my favorite episodes. Okay, never mind. I love it because Booth keeps showing up to ruin her vacation with Sully. Mad

They're bickering like a married couple. LOL.

(Random observation here: it seems like there's only, like, five old male Asian actors and they're used in every. single. TV show and movie. Would it kill Hollywood to employ more Asian actors? Yeesh.)

Okay, onto some points in the episode that might show up in the finale:

Sully propositioning that they run away together before they get too warped. Hey, maybe this is what Booth and Brennan will do? (Yeah we wish. Laughing )

Dr. Shi - "You used to be dedicated to a much larger, timeless truth. Now you're just a tool for those who have smaller concerns."

I will be very surprised if Brennan doesn't ruminate over this in the finale. In S5, she seems to want to get away from the immediacy of the effect of murder, and investigating murders, wants to divorce herself from the daily emotions to return to a study that removes herself from the equation.

Booth: "Yeah, what's one year out of your life?" (When Booth encourages her to go with Sully)

Rationally, Brennan knows she wants, should go with Sully. But irrationally she's saying no.

Sully: "What you're doing, it's important. But it's not important enough to be your whole life."

After Brennan waves goodbye to Sully, she turns to see Booth standing behind her, watching. She asks what he wants, he says he wants breakfast. They bicker a little and then this gem of an exchange:

Booth: "Give it time, Bones. Everything happens eventually."

Brennan: "Everything?"

Booth: "All the stuff, okay, that you think never happens -- it happens. You just gotta be ready for it."

2Tup

muimi07

Back to top Go down

Prepping for the Season Finale Empty Passenger in the Oven

Post by muimi07 Fri May 21, 2010 5:13 am

LOL -- Booth getting stuck in coach.

Ooh, poor Booth sneaking up to first class because he wants to ask Brennan if she's tired of working with him. He's worried! That's gonna come up in the finale for sure. I think. I hope.

Is it 8:00PM yet?

muimi07

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri May 21, 2010 6:56 am

muimi07 wrote:Watching the pilot now!! Wow, Brennan is so different than the Brennan we know today. Come to think of it, Booth is pretty different too. Far more buttoned up.

So, she went to Guatemala to escape a messy breakup, huh?

Hrm, here's a few observations from the episode that I'd be surprised if they weren't revisited in the season finale:

Brennan is the one who will only cooperate with Booth and the investigation if she gets full participation in the case. She made the rules. Booth was pretty hesitant.

A couple good lines from this episode:

Brennan: "My most meaningful relationships are with dead people."

Angela: "Tell somebody something that you're not certain you want them to know."
'
At the end, as they're watching Cleo's funeral, Booth is talking about how he wants to catch as many murderers as he's taken lives as a sniper.
Brennan: "I'd like to help you with that."

Wow, rewatching the Pilot is almost painful. I usually never like first episodes after watching a few seasons because things change so much. This is a great example.
Not watching all of them, but I did re-watch this one for the 100th--my and King Rob's comments are back on our special Inkslinger thread. ( [Only admins are allowed to see this link] )

I don't know how much will come up again, since it's been almost 5 years for them. I can see the list, though, as a possibilty. Brennan, though--if she revisits the whole more connected to dead people thing, then she's serious about burying herself (so to speak). Until last week, I've always thought she thought her slow evolution wasn't such a bad thing.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri May 21, 2010 7:02 am

muimi07 wrote:Dr. Shi - "You used to be dedicated to a much larger, timeless truth. Now you're just a tool for those who have smaller concerns."

I will be very surprised if Brennan doesn't ruminate over this in the finale. In S5, she seems to want to get away from the immediacy of the effect of murder, and investigating murders, wants to divorce herself from the daily emotions to return to a study that removes herself from the equation.
Zack echoes this in Intern in the Incinerator--the exact wording escapes me, but when he ID's the weapon...antelope/oryx...he tells her that she used to appreciate accuracy. I always that might bother her some day. 'Course, I expected it to come sooner if it did!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down