Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+25
Lyanna Stark
happylama2
olivia
i_heart_bones
ddc
jcn747
AmandaFriend
andreana22
SJB
Brain&Heart
nati.cba
DBCrazy
jsgemini
MoonlightGardenias
Ana_Flavia
treble21
SnoopGirl
Humi
AmandaMarshall
crzy4bones
CanadianBones
Beliskner
flyersfan35
bugaboo628
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Re: 5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 14, 2010 12:11 pm

treble21 wrote:hey fly! so what did you think of the episode?
I mostly liked it...there were a few things I wasn't thrilled with, but all in all, a pretty good episode. I have to say, though, that the season finale preview really did nothing for me.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Re: 5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by treble21 Fri May 14, 2010 12:13 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
I mostly liked it...there were a few things I wasn't thrilled with, but all in all, a pretty good episode. I have to say, though, that the season finale preview really did nothing for me.

haven't seen it yet. I'm gonna go youtube it in a minute.

watched it..... yeah did nothing for me either.

Last edited by treble21 on Fri May 14, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri May 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Fly - what things didn't you like? I loved it - thought it was even better than the 100th episode and that was great!

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri May 14, 2010 12:14 pm

@ treble21 - it is up in Spoilers

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 14, 2010 12:14 pm

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

Ah. Well, let me know what you think of it. But it really didn't leave me super excited about the finale.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri May 14, 2010 12:16 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

Ah. Well, let me know what you think of it. But it really didn't leave me super excited about the finale.

agree, in fact I think it took the excitement that I did have and stomped it out..... then again the previews are often misleading.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 14, 2010 12:20 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:Fly - what things didn't you like? I loved it - thought it was even better than the 100th episode and that was great!
the biggest thing that sticks out in my mind was Max attempting to shoot HT. How did he get out of that? Anyone that knows me knows I don't nitpick in any episode...I take it as a whole, and I don't take it apart second by second to pick out every tiny thing that doesn't quite add up or make sense. But that's kind of a big thing. He was in jail...what was the charge? Attempted murder or something else? And then he's just suddenly out, and everything's fine. *shrugs*
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 14, 2010 12:20 pm

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

agree, in fact I think it took the excitement that I did have and stomped it out..... then again the previews are often misleading.
I know. I'm not worried. lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri May 14, 2010 12:23 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:Fly - what things didn't you like? I loved it - thought it was even better than the 100th episode and that was great!
the biggest thing that sticks out in my mind was Max attempting to shoot HT. How did he get out of that? Anyone that knows me knows I don't nitpick in any episode...I take it as a whole, and I don't take it apart second by second to pick out every tiny thing that doesn't quite add up or make sense. But that's kind of a big thing. He was in jail...what was the charge? Attempted murder or something else? And then he's just suddenly out, and everything's fine. *shrugs*

I have a feeling Booth just invented a charge, to keep him in jail , because I don't think he would have been let go so easily for attempted murder.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri May 14, 2010 12:26 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:

Yeah that was weird. I never thought of that but now that I remember Brennan said on the phone he was staying in jail until the trial is over. When did she become a judge? Rolling Eyes

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 14, 2010 12:26 pm

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

I have a feeling Booth just invented a charge, to keep him in jail , because I don't think he would have been let go so easily for attempted murder.
That's what I assume as well, but that doesn't make me like Booth. He brought him in for the original murder charge, even though he didn't want to, because that's who he is. He's a cop first. But who am I to say? He is a made up character, lol. Anyway, that was just something that bothered me, but I still enjoyed the episode.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri May 14, 2010 12:28 pm

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

But this is BONES/TV/USA - attempted murder could carry a sentence of 2 days in jail - with no trial lol!

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Fri May 14, 2010 12:32 pm

In PA, you can buy guns at a gun show with no background check. I absolutely hate it.

there are actual gun shows??? I thought gun shows were a joke for a guy's biceps.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 14, 2010 12:34 pm

CanadianBones wrote:
In PA, you can buy guns at a gun show with no background check. I absolutely hate it.

there are actual gun shows??? I thought gun shows were a joke for a guy's biceps.
Haha, no, they are real. Actually, we just had one here a few weeks ago, and a man bought a shotgun, went out to his pickup and shot himself. I mean, I never heard of that happening before, but I guess you just never know.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri May 14, 2010 12:43 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
CanadianBones wrote:

Haha, no, they are real. Actually, we just had one here a few weeks ago, and a man bought a shotgun, went out to his pickup and shot himself. I mean, I never heard of that happening before, but I guess you just never know.

LOL and all the Candians that read this just went REALLY??? it's just so unfathomable to most of us I guess.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 14, 2010 12:50 pm

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
CanadianBones wrote:

LOL and all the Candians that read this just went REALLY??? it's just so unfathomable to most of us I guess.
I hate it. The people of this country have so twisted the Constitution to fit their needs...no wonder it's going to hell. Most people would probably like to kick me out of the country for saying this, but our Constitution and Articles of Confederation really need a modern day makeover. I'm sure our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves right now. I mean, seriously...when they wrote these documents, do you really think they could forsee what is happening now? *shakes head*

Okay sorry...I went way off topic. Suffice it to say, I don't like the fact that guns are that easy to get. And I was only making the point in case anyone found it hard to believe that Max could've gotten his hands on a weapon so easily...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri May 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana_Flavia Fri May 14, 2010 12:56 pm

My thoughts on this episode aren't any different from what pretty much everyone is thinking.

- Brennan has changed a lot through the seasons and that is clearer everyday. She had tears in her eyes when she found the little boy, she shared her feelings with Booth, she is actually letting her work get to her, she hugged Angela and Hodgins when they announced they were married. She was truly happy for them. She didn't lecture them on how irrational and insane that was. (Well, there was that crazy Brennan toast, but that's kind of endearing, really) That's a new Brennan right there.

- Brennan has also showed us how stronger she's becoming. She was strong talking to Hodgins and even stronger (and bolder) with the whole "Are you questioning my credentials?" thing. Which, by the way, was BRILLIANT.

- Angela got a stool!

- Heather Taffet is a horrible, loathsome, abhorrent woman. She'd never be liked by any juri.

- Caroline is FANTASTIC. The way she talked to Booth about "his girlfriend"... She desperately wants to see them together. She should join Sweets and Angela and found a "Get Brennan and Booth Together" club.

- That Cam and Sweets scene was so good! Made me love Cam even more. And also Sweets.

- The whole team is just fantastic and that is an obvious statement.

- That ending scene, I, it was just, I mean, I don't even know what to say. Heartcrushing, but yet strangely hopeful.

- I'm sad we never got to see what was in Brennan's letter.

Now may next week come, with all the surprises HH and SN are holding for us. If this week's episode was this good, imagine what next episode will be like! It'll be tough getting through Summer, that's for sure.

Last edited by Ana_Flavia on Fri May 14, 2010 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to say something)

Ana_Flavia

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri May 14, 2010 1:30 pm

I know this has been said around this place countless times...but yeah, Emily's amazing. She plays Brennan with this strange sense of vulnerability while at the same time portraying her as the cool, collected scientist. She was torn between wanting to do the right thing and wanting to do the emotionally driven thing and I think that's what's scaring her.

There are so many things I can say about this episode, some good and some bad (though admittedly, the majority of them are good), but all I can saw now is it just felt like this episode went by really fast. I don't mean that in a negative way either; just in the sense that I got so wrapped up that I didn't even realize it was over until the end scene came along.

Which...speaking of that. Yeah. The whole Taffet telling Brennan it wasn't over jarred her I think. With Brennan's realization that she truly is in relationships with all these people--including Booth, the one she openly admitted she was afraid of losing again--and then with that statement they both kind of stirred a feeling of unease within her. She needs distance and for once Booth complies and I sort of feel like in the moment he had to. It makes me a little nervous simply because when he was all "I'll see you tomorrow, right?" she didn't really respond.

Still. The looks and the nostalgia all around that shot of her riding away in the taxi (which was weird by the way, simply because even if Booth backed off trying to reassure her he still would have offered to take her home), just made it a little sad. The promo itself didn't really show much either so I'm kind of disappointed.

And I hate to ask this but I'm curious. I know Catherine hasn't been mentioned in a while and everything, but was I the only one who thought she was who Caroline was referring to rather than Brennan when she asked how his girlfriend was? I guess now that I've had a chance to think about it she wasn't but my initial reaction was something like "Um...WHAT?"
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri May 14, 2010 1:33 pm

I never thought it was Catherine that Caroline was asking about...would Caroline have even known about Catherine? Even Booth didn't think Caroline was talking about Catherine. Catherine has had Booth and Brennan pegged from the very beginning...that whole "it's like being at the prom" thing from the flashback in the 100th episode.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Fri May 14, 2010 1:41 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
CanadianBones wrote:

I hate it. The people of this country have so twisted the Constitution to fit their needs...no wonder it's going to hell. Most people would probably like to kick me out of the country for saying this, but our Constitution and Articles of Confederation really need a modern day makeover. I'm sure our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves right now. I mean, seriously...when they wrote these documents, do you really think they could forsee what is happening now? *shakes head*

Okay sorry...I went way off topic. Suffice it to say, I don't like the fact that guns are that easy to get. And I was only making the point in case anyone found it hard to believe that Max could've gotten his hands on a weapon so easily...lol

I totally back you up Fly! I live in PA too! This country needs to grow up.
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri May 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Nope I did not think that Caroline was referring to Catherine at all, I knew she was referring to Brennan, she makes comments about them all the time, What I loved is that Booth didn't even flinch when answering the question, and then backtracked afterwards, Kinda like last week when Brennan said that she didn't like Hacker like she likes Booth (open mouth insert foot! LOL)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri May 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Yeah that's true. It's just a natural reaction with them.

Also, the whole nightmare thing. That was creepy and maybe a little out of fanficland but I love that she admitted she was having them to Booth. Not to anyone else, but to him. If for nothing more than the hug. That was pretty awesome.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri May 14, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm beginning to slip now. This downhill slide since the 100th episode is going to kill me off, just like a book that you don't want to pick up anymore.

On a brighter note, I see that we now have confirmation that Brennan has a TV, but it's not one of the big screen dooies like Booth wanted her to get.

And that last scene with Brennan driving off in the taxi. I felt like HH was hitting me over the head. I halfway expected Booth to head off to a pool hall somewhere.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Fri May 14, 2010 3:50 pm

I loved the episode, it was perfect, despite the editing mistakes (never seen so many in a single episode!).

Loved the B&B moments, I was shocked and heartbroken with the last scene, it reminded me of the 100th episode, when she leaves him in the cab.

But I was slightly dissappointed because Bones' letter wasn't even mentioned! I thought that it might show up among the paperwork that Caroline gav to Booth to check those numbers Haffet talked about. Sad

Anyway, great episode, a 10/10 for me, top 5 list of this season (and probably of the entire show!) for sure!
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next