Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ REVIEWS

3 posters

Go down

5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ REVIEWS Empty 5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ REVIEWS

Post by bugaboo628 Fri May 14, 2010 1:35 am

Post them here!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ REVIEWS Empty Re: 5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ REVIEWS

Post by HeyHey Sat May 15, 2010 3:38 am

This has the best review title ever:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I ain't sayin' she's a Gravedigger. (But she is.) Very Happy

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ REVIEWS Empty Re: 5x21 ~ The Boy with the Answer ~ REVIEWS

Post by olivia Sat May 15, 2010 4:44 am

HeyHey wrote:This has the best review title ever:

I ain't sayin' she's a Gravedigger. (But she is.) Very Happy

Best line: "Brennan is worrying about balancing brilliance with just enough humanity to not be considered a sociopath"

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Sat May 15, 2010 4:59 am

This was a very important episode for Brennan as she let her emotions take over when she testified. She is right when saying that everything is changing, herself included, but it's not necessarily bad. I prefer sometimes emotional Brennan over only-facts-and-no-emotions Brennan.

olivia
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Sat May 15, 2010 5:01 am

This is really not a very good article...but for purposes of completeness...here you go Very Happy

olivia
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 15, 2010 9:09 am

And it becomes even more clear (to me, at least) that she's not tired of the cases so much as scared of the intimacy working on those cases together entails. After she says she feels like everything is changing, she doesn't repeat her concern about being around so much tragedy; she worries that Booth could come close to dying again, which is probably exacerbated by Taffet's parting threat. It's pretty clear she doesn't think she could handle that, and so instead of spending more time with him in order to avoid regrets, she's choosing to retreat and protect both of them from the pain she felt when her parents left her. (Stop being Sweets, Liz! Okay, sorry guys. She's just a really interesting character!)
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 15, 2010 9:10 am

Here are my final thoughts: Brennan attempting to sever their working relationship doesn’t bother me because I feel they have BOTH been hiding behind it for a long time. Remember in season three when Booth asked her, “You wouldn’t even have coffee with me?” Well…maybe now they will have to admit that the reason they spend so much time together is because they can’t not. She may try to ‘protect’ him, but…I double dog dare her to try to keep him away.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 15, 2010 9:12 am

The nightmare sequence was surreal, and maybe a bit too much. I get the theme of not being about to help her two friends, but I wish there had been more direct parallels to the experiences she and Hodgins had together during his part of the dream. Booth’s were a bit more directly related, with the water rushing in, but I would think that the nightmare would be borne specifically out of those fears. The nightmare did finish strong with the image of Bones watching herself get buried alive. Yeah, I’ve now met my creepy quota for the month.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down