Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+13
THX1138
i_heart_bones
Bonesicted
gordongordonfan
howie
a_rangergrl2
DONEWITHIT
jjrobinson73
DBCrazy
Miller259
treble21
flyersfan35
bugaboo628
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: 5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by DONEWITHIT Fri May 07, 2010 11:06 am

what happened in the preview????????????????????????????? Shocked
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: 5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 07, 2010 11:06 am

I didn't like that the wiccans killed her while doped up. I thought that was really stupid. Other than that, I enjoyed the episode.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri May 07, 2010 11:20 am

catfisheatingnow wrote:what happened in the preview????????????????????????????? Shocked

check out the spoiler thread. Bug posted the link.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Fri May 07, 2010 11:29 am

Previews for next weeks episode came on right after the shwo ended. Like the PP said....the link is up on the spoilers section.

jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by howie Fri May 07, 2010 11:46 am

Ok..so not sure if this was mentioned..but only 1 accused died by being pressed and it was a man..Giles Corey.

I liked this episode though..especially Sweets. His obsession with all this made me laugh. And WOW on Angela and Hodgins!!

Last edited by howie on Fri May 07, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
howie
howie
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 7672
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 07, 2010 11:48 am

howie wrote:Ok..so not sure if this was mentioned..but only 1 accused died by being pressed and it was a man..Giles Cory.

I liked this episode though..especially Sweets. His obsession with all this made me laugh. And WOW on Angela and Hodgins!!
See, that's why I need to go to Salem!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by howie Fri May 07, 2010 11:52 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
howie wrote:Ok..so not sure if this was mentioned..but only 1 accused died by being pressed and it was a man..Giles Corey.

Well meet me up there after June..I will take you around. Actually I should have my mom do it. She knows all the good places Smile
howie
howie
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 7672
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 07, 2010 11:58 am

howie wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
howie wrote:Ok..so not sure if this was mentioned..but only 1 accused died by being pressed and it was a man..Giles Corey.

Well meet me up there after June..I will take you around. Actually I should have my mom do it. She knows all the good places Smile
That would be awesome!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Fri May 07, 2010 1:41 pm

I couldn't get on here during the show tonight (wasn't home [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )... Loved this epi.

I think getting married then and there was a totally "them" thing to do for Ang/Hodgins. They probably a- wouldn't want another 'big' wedding and b- wouldn't want to give each other any time to "swerve" again! LOL

I actually liked Clark more in this episode, although I will say his personality went a little into overdrive. I liked it though, he was funnier and a little more eccentric but not as "bland" as he can sometimes appear. Sort of like the "real" Clark only on a little "speed". LOL
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Fri May 07, 2010 8:44 pm

I liked this episode. Would love to know the "scientific explanation" for the curling of the dead woman's feet btw.

Sweets being soooo into it made him look like a boy in a way. So excited and full of energy over a subject. Smile Did he do the genealogy stuff on his own or did he find that online? I didn't get it. If he did it on his own, wow, then he's fast. I've experience from genealogy research myself and it's time-consuming to say the least.

"Hodgela" is back. I didn't realize how much I've actually missed them until now. bounce

And Clark, I might be in a minority but I liked the scene when he's trying to be "Hodgins". He was so out of his element I felt. Not at all that cocky Clark he comes across like many times.

I loved that the chemistry between B&B was back and the end scene when Booth's voice cracked before saying what he wished for made me go "HA! You're so not ready to move on anytime soon!" Smile
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri May 07, 2010 10:03 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:I didn't like that the wiccans killed her while doped up. I thought that was really stupid. Other than that, I enjoyed the episode.

Me too!
And i didn't like how the case didn't really feel resolved like usual?
Apart from that another great episode.

Loved how into the case sweets was. Past few episodes he has seemed a bit distant of some sorts, but he seemed totally back in this one.

Was completely surprised by the marriage! I assumed there would be a wedding for them in the near future but didn't think it would happen then and there! and for some reason it felt even better knowing that Reichs has written this one? (not sure why!)

Still not into Clark though...I miss Vincent and Fisher and Daisy (yes I am a fan)
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 am

flyersfan35 wrote:I didn't like that the wiccans killed her while doped up. I thought that was really stupid. Other than that, I enjoyed the episode.
See and I actually liked that aspect of it. At least, with a few glaring exceptions the coven was following something I could identify as Wicca. Folks (like Sweets and Brennan) get caught up in the fluff-bunny descriptions of that faith and think it's all nature worship and goodness, but the fact is that it's a belief in balance, much like Voudon. Zephyra was behaving in an evil manner so the coven would balance her by being/acting good more often than not. When that failed I can see them attempting to bind her for "her own good" Rolling Eyes and an angry Zephyra confronting them, cursing them. Affected by the ergot fungus they'd hallucinate all sorts of things, the binding and stabbing would be self defense from their perspective. I sort of got that as being how Booth saw things, which is why he was so "soft" toward them.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 08, 2010 1:11 am

Bonesicted wrote:I liked this episode. Would love to know the "scientific explanation" for the curling of the dead woman's feet btw.
The feet curled after he removed wreckage from them that kept them depressed and flat. The intense heat of the fire would have cooked the tendons and ligaments, shortening them, and once the weight of the debris was removed the shortened connective tissue would have "snapped" back causing the feet to curl up like that.

I loved that the chemistry between B&B was back and the end scene when Booth's voice cracked before saying what he wished for made me go "HA! You're so not ready to move on anytime soon!" Smile
Yeah...um, about that. Read what I wrote in my InkSlinger about last week's end scene [Only admins are allowed to see this link]. Their chemistry was back, indeed, it was back very much in the pre-romantic vein of the first season with a splash of the familiarity we saw in the fourth season - it was utterly devoid of UST and romantic tension, the vibe they gave off was very much a "just friends" vibe, as I predicted. Brennan's sudden friendly interest in Catherine last episode...to a guy? When a woman you love comes across as actively favoring your current gf? That's like her sending an express letter to your heart saying "Don't bother, I was never really that into you." Booth got that message, this was the first episode where we've seen him totally at ease in her company, not even looking slightly whistful or pained until the end, and even then Booth's wish for her wasn't a whistful "I'm so not ready to lose you" wish, it was more the resigned "I'm moving on but I can't really be happy unless your happy" wish.

I know you don't want to hear that, but there really is no silver lining in this one, unless you count the fact that we've finally hit bottom. That's a good thing really, they need to be here, at the bottom, with Booth ready to move on and walk away from her heart - having her as just a friend - and Brennan finally realizing what she's lost. If not they couldn't move forward. Look at Jack and Angela, if they hadn't finally gotten their closure in that cell they'd have never rediscovered what it was they missed about one another. They'd have never gotten married. It's the same for Booth and Brennan. Two years of living as each others Significant Other only sans sex and they need this complete break to learn what it is they had, to learn what it is they're giving up. Booth realized it right away, but Brennan's taken time to discover it. That's why she wasn't really happy with his wish, she saw it for what it was, him saying "I wish you happiness with someone who isn't me". She saw it as him finally letting go, and that means she's finally lost him.

With the Gravedigger episode next week we'll see how B&B, now both emotionally "past" each other deal with the emotions that have never been processed - Brennan will be forced to admit that she loved Booth as far back as S2, that she's always loved him in some way, shape, or form, and that she was willing to do anything to get him back when he was taken from her. Booth will be forced to recount how it was only his love for Parker and Her that sustained him (no ghost stories please), and how he fought to get back to her because he wouldn't be like everyone else who loved her, and abandon her. I do believe its going to be the episode that forces them to really look at where they are, where they were, and what they want from each other.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat May 08, 2010 1:36 am

THX1138 wrote:
Bonesicted wrote:I liked this episode. Would love to know the "scientific explanation" for the curling of the dead woman's feet btw.
The feet curled after he removed wreckage from them that kept them depressed and flat. The intense heat of the fire would have cooked the tendons and ligaments, shortening them, and once the weight of the debris was removed the shortened connective tissue would have "snapped" back causing the feet to curl up like that.

Yeah...um, about that. Read what I wrote in my InkSlinger about last week's end scene [Only admins are allowed to see this link]. Their chemistry was back, indeed, it was back very much in the pre-romantic vein of the first season with a splash of the familiarity we saw in the fourth season - it was utterly devoid of UST and romantic tension, the vibe they gave off was very much a "just friends" vibe, as I predicted. Brennan's sudden friendly interest in Catherine last episode...to a guy? When a woman you love comes across as actively favoring your current gf? That's like her sending an express letter to your heart saying "Don't bother, I was never really that into you." Booth got that message, this was the first episode where we've seen him totally at ease in her company, not even looking slightly whistful or pained until the end, and even then Booth's wish for her wasn't a whistful "I'm so not ready to lose you" wish, it was more the resigned "I'm moving on but I can't really be happy unless your happy" wish.

I know you don't want to hear that, but there really is no silver lining in this one, unless you count the fact that we've finally hit bottom. That's a good thing really, they need to be here, at the bottom, with Booth ready to move on and walk away from her heart - having her as just a friend - and Brennan finally realizing what she's lost. If not they couldn't move forward. Look at Jack and Angela, if they hadn't finally gotten their closure in that cell they'd have never rediscovered what it was they missed about one another. They'd have never gotten married. It's the same for Booth and Brennan. Two years of living as each others Significant Other only sans sex and they need this complete break to learn what it is they had, to learn what it is they're giving up. Booth realized it right away, but Brennan's taken time to discover it. That's why she wasn't really happy with his wish, she saw it for what it was, him saying "I wish you happiness with someone who isn't me". She saw it as him finally letting go, and that means she's finally lost him.

With the Gravedigger episode next week we'll see how B&B, now both emotionally "past" each other deal with the emotions that have never been processed - Brennan will be forced to admit that she loved Booth as far back as S2, that she's always loved him in some way, shape, or form, and that she was willing to do anything to get him back when he was taken from her. Booth will be forced to recount how it was only his love for Parker and Her that sustained him (no ghost stories please), and how he fought to get back to her because he wouldn't be like everyone else who loved her, and abandon her. I do believe its going to be the episode that forces them to really look at where they are, where they were, and what they want from each other.

king RM

Very interesting thoughts. I tend to agree.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat May 08, 2010 2:15 am

Very interesting, indeed, but I disagree with some parts. I don't see that he really moved on and she lost him. Sorry, Rob.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sat May 08, 2010 2:22 am

THX1138 wrote:The feet curled after he removed wreckage from them that kept them depressed and flat. The intense heat of the fire would have cooked the tendons and ligaments, shortening them, and once the weight of the debris was removed the shortened connective tissue would have "snapped" back causing the feet to curl up like that
Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Smile

king RM
I don't mind hearing it. Wink I'm actually one of those (or I might be the only one perhaps Wink) who are totally OK with the "development" from the 100th epi and forward. Actually quite interesting. I'm a psychology buff, so to speak, so that's probably why I enjoy what many others find full of angst or what have you. I might be a bit odd perhaps. loco Wink
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sat May 08, 2010 2:27 am

mereva wrote:Very interesting, indeed, but I disagree with some parts. I don't see that he really moved on and she lost him. Sorry, Rob.
Me neither. If his voice hadn't cracked then maybe I'd thought that he might have. Don't see why his voice would crack otherwise. For DB just to do it for no reason doesn't seem like the most likely thing. But...what do I know. Wink
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Sat May 08, 2010 3:11 am

Rob, I kinda agree with your assumption that Booth has moved on emotionally, and she has lost him. The only fly in the ointment to me, is what happened to Catherine? Can we all assume, that he is still dating her? If he is, that would really fortify him moving on, and are we going to see him with his new girlfriend in future episodes? Continuity is not a strong point on this show.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 08, 2010 3:32 am

mereva wrote:Very interesting, indeed, but I disagree with some parts. I don't see that he really moved on and she lost him. Sorry, Rob.
Oh Mer, just have another VV&T hon, it'll all fix itself sooner or later.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sat May 08, 2010 8:10 am

Has anyone mentioned that this episode we did see the realization of one of HH (or was it SN's?) little "clues..."

The paper cup and confetti hint that was given was revealed in this epi! LOL
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 08, 2010 9:32 am

i_heart_bones wrote:

Me too!
And i didn't like how the case didn't really feel resolved like usual?
Apart from that another great episode.

Loved how into the case sweets was. Past few episodes he has seemed a bit distant of some sorts, but he seemed totally back in this one.

Was completely surprised by the marriage! I assumed there would be a wedding for them in the near future but didn't think it would happen then and there! and for some reason it felt even better knowing that Reichs has written this one? (not sure why!)

Still not into Clark though...I miss Vincent and Fisher and Daisy (yes I am a fan)
Me too. I have never liked Clark...I don't mind them rotating the interns, I think it keeps it interesting, but I will never like Clark. There's just something about him...*shrugs*
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat May 08, 2010 7:29 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:Has anyone mentioned that this episode we did see the realization of one of HH (or was it SN's?) little "clues..."

I don't remember this hint?
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thatgirl61 Sun May 09, 2010 1:12 am

Can u explain this hint? I dont remember it either.But Im very curious to know.

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sun May 09, 2010 3:53 am

gordongordonfan wrote:Has anyone mentioned that this episode we did see the realization of one of HH (or was it SN's?) little "clues..."

Oh right, I'd forgotten about that! Smile It was on Twitter that hint was given, wasn't it?

Thought it was sort of funny how into the confetti throwing the sheriff was. Wink
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sun May 09, 2010 5:35 am

Yeah, I read about it either here or at the bonesspoilers site... can't remember if it was twitter or a link to an interview with HH or SN... I'll go try to dig it up. But it said the paper cup and confetti was important or a big clue.. I thought it was weird no one was commenting on it but it seems not everyone saw that 'clue'...

Let me go "investigate" LOL
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next