Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ RATINGS

5 posters

Go down

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ RATINGS Empty 5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ RATINGS

Post by bugaboo628 Fri May 07, 2010 3:03 am

I will post ratings in this thread as they come in!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ RATINGS Empty Re: 5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ RATINGS

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 08, 2010 2:40 am

Early results: Down from last week

Bones 8.881 M 2/5
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ RATINGS Empty Re: 5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ RATINGS

Post by a_rangergrl2 Sat May 08, 2010 5:07 am

More details on the early results from Media Week:

Over at Fox, always reliable Bones remained just that, with a second-place finish in both total viewers (8.88 million) and adults 18-49 (2.5/8 ) at 8 p.m.

Source:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat May 08, 2010 5:18 am

I'm disappointed. I thought this episode was better than anything since the 100. The case was solid, and it felt like a throwback to season 1 and 2. The supporting characters were great and not merely props. The continue ratings slide even-though we are still a solid second is a message to Hanson. Viewers are expressing their dissatisfaction. Hanson you might have missed your moment. Can you turn it around by the finale?

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Sat May 08, 2010 7:06 am

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:I'm disappointed. I thought this episode was better than anything since the 100. The case was solid, and it felt like a throwback to season 1 and 2. The supporting characters were great and not merely props. The continue ratings slide even-though we are still a solid second is a message to Hanson. Viewers are expressing their dissatisfaction. Hanson you might have missed your moment. Can you turn it around by the finale?

LOL, it's not a slide. Trust me if it was, the analysts would be calling it so. Ratings never go across in a flat line and rarely, very rarely, trend up week over week each week. The eb & flow you see are just a reflection of casual viewers, who won't watch every ep no matter what HH does with the show, moving in and out of the traffic flow.
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat May 08, 2010 8:12 am

a_rangergrl2 wrote:
recoveringbonesaddict wrote:I'm disappointed. I thought this episode was better than anything since the 100. The case was solid, and it felt like a throwback to season 1 and 2. The supporting characters were great and not merely props. The continue ratings slide even-though we are still a solid second is a message to Hanson. Viewers are expressing their dissatisfaction. Hanson you might have missed your moment. Can you turn it around by the finale?

LOL, it's not a slide. Trust me if it was, the analysts would be calling it so. Ratings never go across in a flat line and rarely, very rarely, trend up week over week each week. The eb & flow you see are just a reflection of casual viewers, who won't watch every ep no matter what HH does with the show, moving in and out of the traffic flow.

Link [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

From the highest rating at 8:30 slot.
The 09/24/2009 episode (TBitB) average nearly 8.8M viewers. (Survivor/ Early Flash Forward)
The 10/01/2009 episode (TPitP) average nearly 9.0M viewers. (Survivor/ Early Flash Forward)
The 10/08/2009 episode (TBDitN) average nearly 9.9M viewers. (Survivor/ Early Flash Forward)
The 10/15/2009 episode (ANitBM) average nearly 9.3M viewers. (Survivor/ Early Flash Forward)
The 11/05/2009 episode (TTMinTC) average nearly 8.9M viewers. (Survivor/ Early Flash Forward)
The 11/11/2009 episode (TDwarfinD) average nearly 10.1M viewers. (Survivor)
The 11/19/2009 episode (TFitF) average nearly 10.2M viewers. (Survivor)
The 12/02/2009 episode (TGameritG) average nearly 9.93M viewers. (Survivor)
The 12/09/2009 episode (TGoopitG) average nearly 10.8M viewers. (Survivor)
The 1/14/2010 episode (TXiTF) average nearly 10.2M viewers.
The 1/21/2010 episode (TPiTP) average nearly 12.4M viewers.
The 1/28/2010 episode (TDiTD) average nearly 12.7M viewers.
The 2/05/2010 episode (TDevItD) average nearly 12.6M viewers
The 4/01/2010 episode (TBoaBL) average nearly 8.4M viewers. (Survivor)
The 4/08/2010 episode (TPinSotW) average nearly 10.1M viewers. (Survivor)
The 4/15/2010 episode (TDotQB) average nearly 9.7M viewers. (Survivor)
The 4/22/2010 episode (TPitP) average nearly 9.3M viewers. (Survivor)
The 4/29/2010 episode (TRitRC) average nearly 9.6M viewers. (Survivor)
The 5/06/2010 episode (TWitWT) average nearly 9.2M viewers. (Survivor)

Analysis ====> Early in the season Bones face two strong competitors Survivor and Flash Forward. Flash Forward had just premiered, and there was a huge marketing push by ABC. The race was between these 3 shows. Eventually, FF started to decline and Bones pick up the slack. Bones highest ratings were achieve in the absence of Survivor. When the show came back after the hiatus, the shows ratings decline. Survivor was once again the competition and FF had by this time faded away. It is a two show race. Bones however has not grown.

Last edited by recoveringbonesaddict on Sat May 08, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Sat May 08, 2010 9:54 am

Thursday Finals: “Survivor,” “Bones” Adjusted up; “30 Rock” Adjusted Down

Bones
- 9.046 million viewers
- 5.8/10 HH
- 2.5/8 A18-49

Source:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 10:36 am

I find it amusing that people are simply blaming 'Survivor'. I think the 100th episode changed alot of people's views on the show. Nothing too drastic but it is noticable.

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat May 08, 2010 11:58 am

do I think the 100th played a part in diminishing viewers , yes I do, I think that there were some people out there that just gave up, Also I don't think the 8 week hiatus helped with ratings as well (In fact judging by the fact that the lowest rated episode all season was Bones on the blue line, I'd say it played a bigger part than the 100th) . since we came back from hiatus the highest ratings have been the 100th with 10.1 million viewers, the lowest since the 100th was this weeks ( which imo has been the best of those episodes) but with the new adjusted figures that's an overall loss of 900,000 (or so) and that's a less than 1 percent difference in viewership. it's really not that much, and given the viewing of the season as a whole you can see that the viewership fluctuates all season but tends to average out between 9 and 10 million. All in all I'd say nothing to worry about.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 08, 2010 12:41 pm

To say it's not a ratings slide in the face of the numbers shown is basically to bury one's head in the sand and pretend all is well. It's a slide, and the fact is that a lot of people who were crowing that HH and SN were treading on thin ice by continuing to play games with the audience vis a vis Booth & Brennan are seeing their warnings bear fruit. Now I doubt they're happy to be proven right, but make no mistake - we are right. The number of people I used to talk about Bones with prior to the 100th was huge, upwards of 20 or more outside of the ABY, now it's just a handful.

TV is competitive, not just in and of itself, but with other means of entertainment. Heather (Gum) once made the arguement to me that HH's genius in growing the audience throw S4 and the first half of S5 proved that he had a valid plan for the show and we should give him the benefit of the doubt. I've argued that good results do not immunize one from bad planning -
Spoiler:

I really do hope he has a plan for them, one that doesn't involve the audience getting JAG'd. Because if that is his plan, pushing things off until the last 15 minutes of the last episode, why do we bother?

king RM

Last edited by THX1138 on Sat May 08, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for spoilers, thanks Treb!)
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat May 08, 2010 12:50 pm

LOL king you might want to edit for spoilers.....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 08, 2010 12:56 pm

treble21 wrote:LOL king you might want to edit for spoilers.....
Done and Done.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat May 08, 2010 4:01 pm

GottaLuvBnB wrote:I find it amusing that people are simply blaming 'Survivor'. I think the 100th episode changed alot of people's views on the show. Nothing too drastic but it is noticable.

I'm not blaming Survivor. My entire argument by listing the ratings for all episodes is to show the real decline that has occurred. Bones is like a sinking ship that is losing viewers slowly. Eventually the loss is substantial and the show is in danger of cancellation.

What I expect if things continue as they are and if the finale disappoints, there will be a reassessment during the summer hiatus. The current plan will be scrap, and there will be a quick BB hookup by thanksgiving. The classic panic response that should not have happen had Hanson been a little more humble and listen to his loyal viewers.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat May 08, 2010 4:09 pm

treble21 wrote: since we came back from hiatus the highest ratings have been the 100th with 10.1 million viewers, the lowest since the 100th was this weeks ( which imo has been the best of those episodes) but with the new adjusted figures that's an overall loss of 900,000 (or so) and that's a less than 1 percent difference in viewership.

In total viewership, it is a 1 percent loss, but the loss as a percentage of the show's audience is 10 percent. This is substantial. The other key is that early in season 5, Bones was competing with two strong shows (Survivor and the recently premiere FF), and the numbers back then are equal if not better than now. There is no new growth.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun May 09, 2010 1:18 am

and since we've come back from Hiatus we've been competing against Survivor, NBA playoffs and NHL playoffs. the show gains and loses, it has declined since the 100th for sure and I'm not disputing that some people can't deal with Brennan saying No to Booth ( which I'm not about to argue about again either.) What I'm saying is that you can't discount playoff season either. and it's probably not time to freak out yet, given that it's still the 2nd highest rated show in that time slot.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Sun May 09, 2010 6:33 am

It is quite true to say that the show has stopped growing. To get a really good idea of the show performance, though, you would have to compare year over year new episode against new episode, same time slot against same time slot, since seasonality does impact viewership. So look to that this fall.

You would expect the 100th to trend up over the normal current viewership since that was an "event" show which is more likely to draw more casual viewers all at the same time. The season finale is our next "event" show and the expectation would be that it would also trend up, if it doesn't that would be genuinely troublesome. The other thing that would be genuinely troublesome is if viewership was dropping in the second half hour. And that has not been the case so far, quite the contrary.

I do agree that HH has to advance the B&B relationship in some way by the end of the season or he will risk exhausting the patience of a large segment of the audience that watches for B & B. And I do think he will pay off 100 with an advancement of their relationship, because he does realize that. But honestly, the sites that analyze these ratings scientifically as opposed to anecdotal fan analysis would have no compunction discussing impending doom. In fact they live to do just that.
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down