Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ REVIEWS

Go down

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ REVIEWS Empty 5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ REVIEWS

Post by bugaboo628 Fri May 07, 2010 3:04 am

I will post them here as they come in!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ REVIEWS Empty Re: 5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ REVIEWS

Post by bugaboo628 Fri May 07, 2010 1:06 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Angela and Hodgins! Angela and Hodgins! I knew there would be a wedding this season, but I kinda assumed it would be Sweets and Daisy! I'll admit I don't follow spoilers too closely, but ... did anyone see that coming tonight? It was already a fun little episode, but man, that'll definitely get it into the history books.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ REVIEWS Empty Re: 5x20 ~ The Witch in the Wardrobe ~ REVIEWS

Post by bugaboo628 Fri May 07, 2010 1:26 pm

"Oh. My. God." is what I said when that oh so special event started to play out near the end of the episode. I so not saw that coming. Since I read spoilers every day, I knew the event would occur in the last episodes of the season, but I totally got the characters wrong, which helped add to my surprise this week.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 08, 2010 12:09 am

This episode was notable as the first written by Kathy Reichs, the original inspiration for Bones and creator of the literary character Temperance Brennan. There were many moments of humor, yet the writing was also consistent with the rest of the series.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 08, 2010 12:11 am

The case in "The Witch in the Wardrobe" was a fairly standard investigation into Wiccans, and the squints find that the Wiccans had been on the fungus that makes LSD and killed the victim. The case wasn't a big focus in the episode, so I didn't have any major problems with it.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 08, 2010 12:13 am

Did you like this episode? Personally, I thought it was one of the best ensemble episodes in BONES series history. Cheers to Kathy Reichs for writing an episode that utilized each character with great purpose! Likewise, the episode was case-driven, which always gives a good season one vibe to things.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 08, 2010 12:30 am

There is a spoiler if you haven't seen the promo for next week!

If there’s any couple on the television landscape that has had to overcome obstacles, it is Angela Pearly Gates Montenegro (Or whatever her name really is) and Jack Stanley Hodgins. Hell, it took a year and a half and Hodgins nearly being buried alive before she’d even give him the time of day. Weddings down the drain, break ups that broke hearts, new boyfriends … The only couple that’s had more challenges to happiness is, well, Booth and Brennan. Tonight, though, these two finally overcame everything that has prevented that happiness, and realized, once and for all, that they were meant for each other. And instead of waiting any longer, they got married on the spot, complete with Sherriff assisted confetti. Maybe another couple we know could learn a lesson?
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 08, 2010 2:56 am

Spoiler if you didn't see the promo for next week.

Somehow, the coven found the time to give Booth a little toothpick figure of Brennan as they were being questioned. If he burned it in front of her, whatever wish he made for her would come true. He wished that she’d find happiness: “Love, laughter, friendship, purpose, and a dance.” Or, in other words, him.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 08, 2010 6:33 am

When a rural cabin burns down, two bodies are found on Bones. One fairly recent, one…well, not (and wearing a wedding dress). The older one, the team quickly figures out, is from the Salem Witch Trials. But what about the “new” one? It appears to be a woman named Sherry Byrd, whose brother, Jesse, tells Booth and Brennan that she had fallen into serious witchcraft (or, Wicca) of late, and so they’d grown apart. While this is happening, Hodgins and Montenegro are arrested by the local sheriff (Wade Williams from Prison Break) for reckless driving and thrown in jail. Since both have some ticky-tack outstanding warrants against them, they’re stuck in a cell with each other for quite a while.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 08, 2010 6:37 am

First things first, I must congratulate Kathy Reichs for a job well done with last night's episode of Bones, "The Witch in the Wardrobe." I don't know about you, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I hope we get more episodes from her in the future.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down