Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things they got wrong!

+13
Beliskner
gordongordonfan
MI_Bonesgirl
jcn747
heirofloki
tinkrella
Murphs93
smile0303
DBCrazy
Meegs82
dawnsfire
treble21
olivia
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Things they got wrong! - Page 2 Empty Re: Things they got wrong!

Post by tinkrella Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:45 am

gordongordonfan wrote:Look at how gifted Sweets is... he has multiple doctorates (as described on the witness stand when he lists his credentials and Booth says to Brennan "doctorateS... as in more than 1?" and she says "scholarships, as in more than 1?") And I'm not sure if he 's really supposed to be 22 or if they just tease him about that being his age.... I just take it that he is really accelerated and smart (which is a great combination with his young age and social skills)! LOL

I think sweets does mention his age when they first meet him. Booth is teasing about him being 12 and i do think he says "i'm 22, actually...." but could be wrong. I still find 22 way too young to have a doc unless he accelerated through his bachelor and masters at like.....lightning speed and was one of those kids who went to college at 15. . I could see him being 25 and having it all. But 22 bends the spectrum of reality a bit for me lol Then again, we prob shouldn't even waste time thinking about it because it's tv and will never make sense lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:16 pm

jcn747 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
jcn747 wrote:Well it is not a plot thing but in verdict, you can see Booth standing behind a pillar, while he is supposed to be in court.
The whole Angela and Grayson debacle, with her remembering him one minuet and forgetting him the next.

at the end? They actually show him getting up and leaving the courtroom first ( at the start of the music montage) , to go wait outside with Brennan who chose not to be in the courtroom for the verdict .

Just before they show Booth leaving, you can se bones out the front, then if you look behind one of the pillars, you see booth peeping out from behind it, then it shows him leaving court, then walking from behind the pillar where he was standing the clip before. If that makes sense. Jut watch the end, and pay close attention to the pillar.

If that is the case, then that's really just an editing mistake, not a major plot or continuity problem. Editors just spliced it together incorrectly. Happens all the time.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ddc Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 pm

tinkrella wrote:Oh gosh don't even get me started on the apartment. lol ever watch the david/emily commentary? Emily even comments on how many apartments she has had through out the series. they seemed to have settled on ones now. I guess we could assume brennan has moved a few times....but booth? Um...how does he have a key under the rock if he lives in an appt? lol He even said (i think in season 4 but could be wrong) that he keeps a lot of stuff in his garage. (i forget who and what he was even talking about) but....what garage? lol He lives on top of a booze store. lol

Some of the brennan dig stuff can be explained through internships....and such. I'm guessing for each doc she'd have to do massive amounts of it.

Here is my issue....if she graduated high school in '94....they say in woman in limbo that brennan came in 1998 to the jeff. Did she get her masters and docs while interning at the jeff? LIke zack? because there is no way she could have been out of college and out of masters and doc. programs in 98 (Even if she accelerated through her bachelors.) So i'm gonna go with the she was an internships there.

Booth might rent a garage somewhere, either just for his car (if close to his place) or for storage, or both. Not unusual for people living in big city apartments.

As for Brennan's degrees, she probably went straight through for her concurrent PhDs. You don't have to get a Masters first, in fact none of my college friends who have PhDs did, they just went through their doctoral programs. People I know who have Masters usually stopped there. On the timing, since she didn't graduate from high school early (her parents decision to keep her with her age group?) she'd have taken all AP courses as a Senior, probably some even her Junior Year. Combine that with taking more than the minimum credits each semester in college and/or summer classes when she wasn't on a dig (which would also have counted towards her credits anyway) and she could easily have finished her undergraduate degree in half the usual time. Then done her PhDs concurrently. Assuming she really does have more than 1; I've never been able to figure that out, unless she did one in Cultural as well as Forensic (Physical?) Anthropology.

ddc

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Just a thought, but maybe Hodgins didn't have all his doctorates yet? maybe he only had one or two, which would mean that Brennan had the same. I don't remember him stating in the 100th how many he actually had at that point, just that it was the same amount as Brennann.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Things they got wrong! - Page 2 Empty Things they got wrong!

Post by ShannonQuinn Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Season 1, episode The Man with the Bone is supposed to take place on Assateague Island. In several scenes, you can clearly see houses to indicate people living on the island. However, Assateague Island (both the MD and VA sides) are national reserves, people can spend a day at the beach or camp there, but no one lives there. Assateague island consists of marshland, sand dunes, and long sandy beaches. The scenes that are supposed to be Assateague is CLEARLY not Assateague to anyone who has visited this beautiful national seashore. Assateague is known for the wild ponies that inhabit it. Not sure of any pirate stories involving Assateague, however there is a children's fiction novel called The Treasure of Assateague by Frank Stringfellow that is about a 12 year old named Frankie who finds a treasure on Assateague Island, which was buried there long ago by Blackbeard the Pirate. (Maybe where the writers got the idea) The town shown in the episode, looks like it could be more like nearby Chincoteauge Island in which, people do live on.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
An Assateague wild pony taken during my vacation summer of 2009.

ShannonQuinn
ShannonQuinn
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 32
Say What You Want : I am a crime show junkie! I love them all, especially BONES!! I also love NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, CSI, CSI Miami, CSI NY, Criminal Minds, Rizzoli & Isles, Law & Order SVU, Cold Case (sad that it was canceled), The Mentalist, and many more.
Registration date : 2010-03-12

https://www.facebook.com/ShannonCQuinn

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm pretty sure we ALL know the scene from The Man in the Fallout Shelter. Where TJ messes up his lines... "Zack can see his kids, Goodman can see his family."
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:41 pm

when sully sails of into the sunset ALONE..he has a guy on his boat...probably the real owner haha who CAN sail.
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:04 pm

The one that gets me - how the hell was Brennan THAT smart and yet was apparently the same age as the people she graduated from high school with? Shouldn't she have skipped a couple of grades - like have been in college at 15. Like, ususally, school systems know you're a genius way before college. The whole school timing thing is just off.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Well, I was taking college courses at 14, but I still go to high school (I'm in the 10th grade). She could have just been taking college courses while still "attending" high school. She was a foster kid and maybe her "parents" didn't want to pay the extra money, but the school wanted to look out for her better education...
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ShannonQuinn Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:40 pm

In the opening scene in the pilot, a plane is taking off on a runway. At the bottom of the screen, it says that it is Dulles International Airport. However, in the background you can see the Capitol Building in the background. Dulles is actually located in Chantilly, VA which is like 25 miles away from DC. The airport was actually Regan National which is located in downtown DC.

This WAS cleared up by Barry Josephson and Hart Hanson in the commentary on the season 1 DVD.
ShannonQuinn
ShannonQuinn
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 32
Say What You Want : I am a crime show junkie! I love them all, especially BONES!! I also love NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, CSI, CSI Miami, CSI NY, Criminal Minds, Rizzoli & Isles, Law & Order SVU, Cold Case (sad that it was canceled), The Mentalist, and many more.
Registration date : 2010-03-12

https://www.facebook.com/ShannonCQuinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2