Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things they got wrong!

+13
Beliskner
gordongordonfan
MI_Bonesgirl
jcn747
heirofloki
tinkrella
Murphs93
smile0303
DBCrazy
Meegs82
dawnsfire
treble21
olivia
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Things they got wrong! Empty Things they got wrong!

Post by olivia Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:36 am

This is not a Bones-hate post, just fun to see how closely everyone is paying attention (especially the writers). Someone already mentioned the Andy Pfluger problems, and of course the fact that Brennan was at her 17 year reunion? What else seems off to you?

Here's mine: in the episode where Max comes to work at the Jeffersionian, they have a summer enrichment program atht has kids and dead bodies in the same room? WTF?

Ok what else?

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Things they got wrong! Empty Re: Things they got wrong!

Post by treble21 Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:55 am

Booth has had to tell Brennan several times over the multiple seasons that, Yes he reads her books and enjoys them. Everytime he says it she's surprised, and I'm annoyed LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:42 pm

I don't know many 30-something Catholics that have the same grip as Booth does on their own faith (knowing Latin as an alter boy? no way unless his family was the same type Catholic as Mel Gibson!)

Also, Brennan referencing a Chatty Cathy doll back in Judas--don't think they made them in the 70s/80s

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Um...that was NOT Brennan's 17-year reunion. She graduated in 1994. Now, why they would have a 16-year reunion is beyond me (my math: 2010-1994=16), but I'm thinking that they were simply holding the 15-year reunion of the Class of '94 in 2010 instead of 2009...for whatever reason. I kinda wish it had been explained a little better. But where did 17 come from?
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:50 am

Meegs82 wrote:Um...that was NOT Brennan's 17-year reunion. She graduated in 1994. Now, why they would have a 16-year reunion is beyond me (my math: 2010-1994=16), but I'm thinking that they were simply holding the 15-year reunion of the Class of '94 in 2010 instead of 2009...for whatever reason. I kinda wish it had been explained a little better. But where did 17 come from?
Meegs, some schools put a few different classes together at the same time. I don't recall any mention of it here, but it's possible.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by smile0303 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:14 am

My school sometimes has off-year reunions if the "big ones" get missed for whatever reason.

smile0303
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Location : somewhere in the great state of corruption i.e. ILLINOIS
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 am

She was digging in mass graves in 1991. Yeah...that's what I did when I was what 15?

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:48 am

The mass grave thing really annoys me....seems sometimes they just try to add a lot of awesome foresic/anthro things in without realizing how young she would have been. since emily and brennan are the same age, you'd think it would be easier to keep track!

How many doc degrees does she have? I know she said she had multiple degrees...but has she said she had more than one doc degree? My friend is going through her first right now and it takes 5 years...so i don't see how brennan could have had more than one at the start of this series. I could have misunderstood though about her degrees.

The reunion thing isn't that bad. I had a 3 year reunion lol Some schools it's just like...whenever they feel like having it they have it.

I'm also kinda confused about her entire high school situation. Is that the same school she went to her whole life? Even before her parents left? If she was shipped off to a few different foster homes wouldn't she have changed schools like she described to that child in season one (i think it was season one)

Also the elusive "grandfather" that got her out. we've never heard anything more about that. she was already 15 when she went in....she would have aged out at what...18 anyway? they should have just said she got a scholarship to college and never went back rather than someone getting her out.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:12 pm

tinkrella wrote:How many doc degrees does she have? I know she said she had multiple degrees...but has she said she had more than one doc degree? My friend is going through her first right now and it takes 5 years...so i don't see how brennan could have had more than one at the start of this series. I could have misunderstood though about her degrees.
In the flashback they said she has 3 (Hodgins says he has many doctorates as Brennan & Zack combined, which means 3)...considering that Zack worked on 2 at once and knowing Brennan's drive, I can see it, theoretically--but she would have had to have sped through her Bachelor's & Master's in record time.

I'm also kinda confused about her entire high school situation. Is that the same school she went to her whole life? Even before her parents left? If she was shipped off to a few different foster homes wouldn't she have changed schools like she described to that child in season one (i think it was season one)

Also the elusive "grandfather" that got her out. we've never heard anything more about that. she was already 15 when she went in....she would have aged out at what...18 anyway? they should have just said she got a scholarship to college and never went back rather than someone getting her out.
Yes, I wondered that, too--unless she returned to her original school a few times, because she says her mother knew about the Andy & Brainy debacle.

As for the gr-father, we've discussed this in other places...either she lied to Booth because she didn't want his pity or didn't want to share that part of herself yet, OR there was someone she called grandfather who got her out. There was a tweet once from SN (I think) suggesting that someone did, though it might not have been her flesh-and-blood grandfather--but he gave no more details!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:35 pm

dawnsfire wrote:In the flashback they said she has 3 (Hodgins says he has many doctorates as Brennan & Zack combined, which means 3)...considering that Zack worked on 2 at once and knowing Brennan's drive, I can see it, theoretically--but she would have had to have sped through her Bachelor's & Master's in record time.

Just a point: Hodgins has two doctorates. And Zach had no doctorates at the time Hodgins made the remark -as that was pre-pilot. In the pilot, Goodman makes a point of saying Zach has yet to complete either of his doctorates (which is why Goodman refuses to speak to him). He only graduates in Season 2.

And Brennan, being insanely smart as she is, could have sped though her Bachelors and Masters. Even through her Ph.D (s). It's the spectrum of things she claims to have done that I have a problem with. I believe she would have been in Guatemala or Salvador (as those are recently addressed conflicts. Plenty of bodies still to identify, specially in Guatemala). But I don't buy she's been to Guatemala and Salvador and China and Rwanda...

Another thing that always got me up in knots: I have yet to hear someone who's been part of a humanitarian commission or a war commission or a truth commission be as gun-ho as Brennan was in S1 (about guns, on one hand, and about knowing everything about grievances of war and whatnot on the other). I get it that we were supposed to get that she was passionate but she just came off as...young. And not very worldly. Sorry.

I'm a firm believer that the grandfather thing was a SNAFU that's best swept under the rug. Like, they didn't think they were gonna be on the air five years in the future (something cast and crew have said a few times), so maybe they didn't really see that they were painting themselves into a corner with that one.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Nope, Hodgins has 3--see Man with the Bone in S1:
Hey, I’m an expert in silt, plants and insects. (laughing) That’s right. I got three doctorates.
It's when he's talking to Dane the 1st time at night.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:40 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Nope, Hodgins has 3--see Man with the Bone in S1:
Hey, I’m an expert in silt, plants and insects. (laughing) That’s right. I got three doctorates.
It's when he's talking to Dane the 1st time at night.

queen

Three it is! So I guess Bren has three as well...which does stretch credibility a bit more. Though she is supposed to be super-smart. Still, it's the spectrum of things that bugs me. I'm used to turning a blind eye on these things, though, so I guess that's what I'll do. Razz

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:15 pm

In order for the Brennan-has-3-doctorates thing to really work well, they should have written it that she graduated from high school early...like at 16. That would make the timeline far more plausible and it would make sense since she is, in fact, a genius...graduating early from high school would have been a breeze for her.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:28 am

Meegs82 wrote:Um...that was NOT Brennan's 17-year reunion. She graduated in 1994. Now, why they would have a 16-year reunion is beyond me (my math: 2010-1994=16), but I'm thinking that they were simply holding the 15-year reunion of the Class of '94 in 2010 instead of 2009...for whatever reason. I kinda wish it had been explained a little better. But where did 17 come from?

yeay, yeah...i know I can't add Very Happy

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:58 am

Well it is not a plot thing but in verdict, you can see Booth standing behind a pillar, while he is supposed to be in court.

The whole Angela and Grayson debacle, with her remembering him one minuet and forgetting him the next.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:33 am

Let's not forget the Caroline meeting Rolling Eyes
For as much interaction as those 2 had in the flashback, I HIGHLY doubt they would have forgotten each other a mere 2 (3?) years later. ESPECIALLY since Brennan was the one that handed them the judge in that 1st case.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Let's not forget the Caroline meeting Rolling Eyes
For as much interaction as those 2 had in the flashback, I HIGHLY doubt they would have forgotten each other a mere 2 (3?) years later. ESPECIALLY since Brennan was the one that handed them the judge in that 1st case.

Except Caroline clearly states that she does not care and does not remember squints -and we don't know that Bones testified. In fact, since the guy confessed, I would assume his lawyer would have negotiated some sort of deal. And Brennan is infamous for not caring enough about people to remember them unless it suits her -which sounds harsh, but is true to the character. She actually had the same problem with Cam. Booth even makes a point out of it in the S2 premier, telling her about the fireman she's met a bunch of times already yet refuses to remember.

I'm just saying: it's within the realm of possibility they really didn't care enough for each other to remember each other. They only had Booth in common -and Booth kinda hated Bones there for a while.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:25 am

IDK-I can let Cam slide because she and Brennan were never really introduced, and I can understand from Brennan's point of view that she wouldn't care enough to remember Caroline, but the part that really bugs me is when Caroline and Brennan sit in on the interogation of the judge and Brennan is the one to discover the motive. I just can't see Caroline forgetting that easily or not remembering...It was just a pretty big case for Brennan to solve, and given Caroline made the comment about prom, and wanted Booth to fire her..It just didn't sit well with me. IMO it was just one big glaring continuity error.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:13 am

jcn747 wrote:Well it is not a plot thing but in verdict, you can see Booth standing behind a pillar, while he is supposed to be in court.
The whole Angela and Grayson debacle, with her remembering him one minuet and forgetting him the next.

at the end? They actually show him getting up and leaving the courtroom first ( at the start of the music montage) , to go wait outside with Brennan who chose not to be in the courtroom for the verdict .
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:02 am

Look at how gifted Sweets is... he has multiple doctorates (as described on the witness stand when he lists his credentials and Booth says to Brennan "doctorateS... as in more than 1?" and she says "scholarships, as in more than 1?") And I'm not sure if he 's really supposed to be 22 or if they just tease him about that being his age.... I just take it that he is really accelerated and smart (which is a great combination with his young age and social skills)! LOL
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:04 pm

treble21 wrote:
jcn747 wrote:Well it is not a plot thing but in verdict, you can see Booth standing behind a pillar, while he is supposed to be in court.

at the end? They actually show him getting up and leaving the courtroom first ( at the start of the music montage) , to go wait outside with Brennan who chose not to be in the courtroom for the verdict .

Just before they show Booth leaving, you can se bones out the front, then if you look behind one of the pillars, you see booth peeping out from behind it, then it shows him leaving court, then walking from behind the pillar where he was standing the clip before. If that makes sense. Jut watch the end, and pay close attention to the pillar.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:13 pm

How about their houses, i men the interiors change all the time, and it seems to me they change between having houses and apartments.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
♥ Maroon 5 ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:44 pm

jcn747 wrote:How about their houses, i men the interiors change all the time, and it seems to me they change between having houses and apartments.

Brennan's front door has changed walls actually Razz, I think Booth's has changed appartement in S2 without a mention
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:00 am

Beliskner wrote:
jcn747 wrote:How about their houses, i men the interiors change all the time, and it seems to me they change between having houses and apartments.

Brennan's front door has changed walls actually Razz, I think Booth's has changed appartement in S2 without a mention

yes, how wretchedly observant of you Very Happy!!,And in season 1 it looked as though he had a house but in season 5 he definitely has an apartment.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
♥ Maroon 5 ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:42 am

Oh gosh don't even get me started on the apartment. lol ever watch the david/emily commentary? Emily even comments on how many apartments she has had through out the series. they seemed to have settled on ones now. I guess we could assume brennan has moved a few times....but booth? Um...how does he have a key under the rock if he lives in an appt? lol He even said (i think in season 4 but could be wrong) that he keeps a lot of stuff in his garage. (i forget who and what he was even talking about) but....what garage? lol He lives on top of a booze store. lol

Some of the brennan dig stuff can be explained through internships....and such. I'm guessing for each doc she'd have to do massive amounts of it.

Here is my issue....if she graduated high school in '94....they say in woman in limbo that brennan came in 1998 to the jeff. Did she get her masters and docs while interning at the jeff? LIke zack? because there is no way she could have been out of college and out of masters and doc. programs in 98 (Even if she accelerated through her bachelors.) So i'm gonna go with the she was an internships there.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next