Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All The things she eats...

Go down

All The things she eats... Empty All The things she eats...

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:01 am

Posted by Teardropsonmyguitar86 on the 17/01/2008 at 12:11:54 (17/01/2008 01:11:54 PM)

does anyone pay attention to the things Tempe eats? How much of what she eats is vegan? If it isn't how do they get her to eat it?
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by space on the 17/01/2008 at 12:18:09 (17/01/2008 01:18:09 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:02 am

I assume you are talking about in the eps... cause outside of that, I could care less what she eats!!
But I've thought of that a few times since finding out she is vegan... and since then I mostly noticed her with salads in the diner... and then the mac 'n cheese, hers was vegan... I think they would make considerations for her... I doubt she would eat anything non-vegan for the show, or that she would be forced to...
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by Teardropsonmyguitar on the 17/01/2008 at 12:26:46 (17/01/2008 01:26:46 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:03 am

well in the episode "the man in the SUV" she was eating something out of a box looked like cookies, but you can't see a brand name. Also in "The man in the bear" she was eating cereal... But i figured the cereal just had soymilk in it instead of real milk. There are a few times you look at things and think what is that she's eating. Also in the "Man in the Morgue" She was eating something but you can't tell what it is.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by piratesmiley on the 20/01/2008 at 09:40:12 (20/01/2008 10:40:12 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:03 am

In Priest in the Churchyard, she's eating some sort of sandwhich and on Santa in the Slush she's eating fruit or something...
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by Teardropsonmyguitar86 on the 20/01/2008 at 12:45:00 (20/01/2008 01:45:00 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:05 am

right, but whats in t he sandwich?? Which is the episode when they are talking to Gordon Gordon and she's eating pizza?
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by libster on the 21/01/2008 at 04:09:39 (21/01/2008 05:09:39 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:06 am

it would all probably be made vegan and the craft service people or the props people would make it look like whatever they wanted it too. eg if it was a burger they would makeit vegan and colour it or photoshop it to look like meat. lately she has been saying she is vegetarian since the horse meat thing and she has mainly been eating toast and salads.
they cant make her eat non vegan foods its against her beliefs its the same as religious beliefs etc.
i dont think i could be vegan iw ouldn knkow where to start its not just base foods its how you cook it what you can add its too confusing for me.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by space on the 21/01/2008 at 10:56:22 (21/01/2008 11:56:22 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:07 am

lib, i totally agree with you as far as what emily would eat would be made to look real but really be vegan... there is so much out there that if you just know how to prepare it right, it looks the same (may not taste the same, but hey...).
And as far as going vegan... it's all about learning to read ingredient labels and learning to cook with a few basic ingredients, like tofu... kinda hard at first, but can be mastered fairly quickly. I was never vegan, I was vegetarian for about 5 years, but my roomie was vegan... I found that it was pretty easy if you shopped at the health food markets, i.e. Whole Foods, or we had a couple of local stores here... the only prob then was the stuff was pretty expensive... so you weigh your options, I guess... some of my friends were Freegan... basically meaning they would eat vegan as much as possible, but if they had no money and someone was willing to give them some vegetarian food, they would eat it... and I'm rambling and you may not even care... so yeah...
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by Teardropsonmyguitar86 on the 21/01/2008 at 21:45:49 (21/01/2008 10:45:49 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:08 am

interesting insight. Veganism is a HARD HARD lifestyle to jump into if you've been a carnivore your whole life. I mean think about everything t hat you eat, can't eat a Pizza because it has cheese, you have to be very careful about the salad you eat and the dressing you put on to it. Almost all commercial candies are nonvegan, gum, skittles, and starburst all have gelatin in them, obviously chocolate is nonvegan since it has milk. Just like Space said, you have to learn to read everything you eat, knowing what the chemicals are, knowing the little things like gelatin. It's more than just does it have milk or animal by product in it? It's, was this food item prepared on the same, grille or in the same factor that a ham burger or other nonvegan item was prepared on? Think of it as having a very serious food allergy. Once you get into it, you'll find it gets easier because you get into a habit, just like anything in life. I am a dancer, at first it was hard to land a pirrouette now i can do them like I was walking, as a matter of fact i am working on getting doubles and triples. Once you break into a lifestyle like that it becomes a part of you and you find it's easier. Now if you're like me the closest whole foods i have to my house is atleast 25 to 30 minutes away, thats a long ride for groceries, most grocery stores supply some kind of vegan food, but the specialty stuff like seitan and vegan dairy products can be found in a place such as whole foods, But it's also very expensive, So you have to really pay attention to your budget. Now if it was really important to you, it could work. But make sure it's really something you want to do before you make the choice. And if you felt like it is, try vegetarian first, theres a broader aspect of what you can eat and then gradually work your way into veganism.

ALSO!! Veganism goes outside of what you eat as far as not wearing leather boots, jackets, shoes, having a leather purse. Silk and Wools are out. basically anything that came from an animal isn't vegan. It's a huge step to make, but if you feel like you should do that then by all means go for it. Its just good to look for answers from people who are going to tell you about it straight up and not try and sway you to do it because they are vegans and think the world should be too.

And no i am not a vegan. Not even a vegetarian. Just did a lot of research since stumbling across Emily.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by libster on the 22/01/2008 at 00:27:43 (22/01/2008 01:27:43 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:08 am

cool thanks for that spacekid i dont even know if we have wholefoods in australia havent seen any near my house. i basically eat vegetarian due to dancing commitments they never leave you alone but i am always looking for the day i retire and can eat in moderation what i have for my whole life except when i joined an academy.
we had to do an assignment at uni for nutrition and you had to choose a food model and a few ppl chose veganism they were so hungry by the endof it cos what tey needed to sustain a healthy lifestyle wasnt available on a uni budget.
its interesting the different lifestyles ppl choose and they make it work. it becomes second nature i guess
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by Teardropsonmyguitar86 on the 22/01/2008 at 00:33:38 (22/01/2008 01:33:38 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:09 am

Lib you dance? My friends a vegan and she dances, but how many hours a week are you in the studio??

They might not have a Whole Foods but they have similar i'm sure, google them
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by libster on the 22/01/2008 at 01:14:31 (22/01/2008 02:14:31 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:12 am

yeah i do irish and scottish dancing. im in studio a lot it seems like but there is the outside fitness and mind fitness as well and im at uni doing teaching so during the year i pretty much run on the smell of an oily rag. the only reason i am at an academy is so they can disciline me and they want me for big productions etc. im pretty care free and do it for the love of it but its all changes when they try and cange who you are. the vegetarian diet is for me stabilising a suitable weight i have been dancing my whole life at an average weight its not going to make me a better dancing by being really skinny. how does your friend cope with veganism and the demands of dancing is it ballet
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Posted by Teardropsonmyguitar86 on the 23/01/2008 at 16:50:16 (23/01/2008 05:50:16 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:13 am

Well she only dances 2 hours a week so it's not strenuous, I do, Lyrical, jazz, ballet and some pointe- but i have bad ankles from gymnastics. I do about 6 to 8 hours of dance a week, plus i teach on Saturdays. You have to be careful when you dance and what you eat, like any sport you need protein to keep you going. It's not hard to eat a carnivorous diet and still be fit. Obviously staying away from red meat is a biggie, drinking a lot of water, eating fresh fruits and veggies. You can't live on just salads....
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

All The things she eats... Empty Re: All The things she eats...

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down