Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audition Time! Do YOU Want a Walk On Role in 'Bones'?

+29
space
CSI-4077
katarina
Rike
missdebra87
sammi31
willgirl
heirofloki
Shakari
starbuck1974
queen bess
riviera41797
A2BOREANAZ
danireed
xBeMinex
DBCrazy
ForensicMama
Lo
Cassiopeia
mrsdavidboreanaz
marymageli
SnoopGirl
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Evi
Sarah9488
Fluffernutter
beaglelvr93
Meegs82
ehbee
33 posters

:: News

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Audition Time! Do YOU Want a Walk On Role in 'Bones'? - Page 4 Empty Re: Audition Time! Do YOU Want a Walk On Role in 'Bones'?

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:12 pm

Cmoon meegs Smile Everybody is waiting Wink I am waiting too in here Smile
Did you greeted them from the ABY? Wink
Oh, where is your pictures? Coming yet? Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Audition Time! Do YOU Want a Walk On Role in 'Bones'? - Page 4 Empty Re: Audition Time! Do YOU Want a Walk On Role in 'Bones'?

Post by marymageli Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:31 pm

OK, then. No problem. See you tomorrow then. I am off to Serbiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! bounce bounce bounce
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Number of posts : 28379
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:23 pm

Oh, that's so exciting. And you met Emily and she even remembered you. That makes me love her even more.
I guess, if I see you once the episode airs I'll do a bis squeal. And my neighbours will think I've finally lost it. =)
I want more!
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:51 pm

MEEEEEGGGGS it's just EVIL to leave us hanging like this....I want to know more...and Emily is super adorable!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck1974 Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Meegs, that is so great that you got to talk to Emily and that she remembered you. And I am dying to read the rest of your experience Wink
starbuck1974
starbuck1974
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:03 am

Now stop torturing us, Meegs! Mama's sick today... I need some cheering up. Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:31 am

WHERE ARE YOU, MEEGS? heheheheh Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:52 am

I am SOOO sorry, ladies! I meant to post by now and now you're all gonna kill me, but I have to check out of my hotel and head down to San Diego. I don't know when I'll be able to get on tonight 'cuz I don't know about internet connection down there. I'm REALLY sorry, you all, but I promise there is MUCH more in store!!! And you will know soon!!! As for the pictures, I only got 2, and I won't be able to upload them until I can actually get them onto my computer since I am using the one in the hotel room now. Hopefully while I'm in San Diego, otherwise I get home on Monday and I will DEFINITELY have the pics up by then.

Sorry again!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:26 am

Nooooooo! So mean!!! But I forgive... I forgive. Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:47 am

HOORAY FOR MEEGS!!!!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:43 pm

Congrats Meegs I was off the internet during may and didn't know that there was such a thing. I am very happy that one of us at the aby got the part. Even if it is just a walk on your foot is in the door now and lets hope that they want you back for a guest starring role or just a role on the show period. Maybe you will get to speak. Speaking roles get money. You deserve to get some of yours back for being so generous. Congrats again. I will be watching.

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:39 pm

I forgive you, Meegs!

uh, wouldn't that be great if they called you and wanted you back!

btw, I had a walk on-role once and got money...
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Meegs!!! I hope you get online today and finish your story!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:35 am

Lucky Meegs! Hurry and post more so I can continue to live vicariously through you!
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:25 am

I'm back and ready to hear more of your unique experience, Meegs! bounce
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 pm

Ack! I'm going away for the week starting tomorrow afternoon! I hope you post before I leave! Sad
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:29 pm

It all sounds so great. I can't wait to hear more =)
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:50 am

Wow! That's really cool... I couldn't get online over the weekend - and I thought you'd have it all posted already. We're all waiting for more.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rike Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:47 am

I'm a bit late but congrats Meggs and I am just as excited as the others are to hear the rest of your day cheers

Rike
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1695
Say What You Want : The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of consious.
Mahatma Ghandi
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:43 am

Wah... I guess I don't get to hear the rest for several days... Sad
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:51 am

ForensicMama wrote:Wah... I guess I don't get to hear the rest for several days... Sad

ah, now you're grumpy... =)
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:34 pm

Hello all! I am SOOOOO SOOOOO SOOOOO sorry I haven't posted 'til now. As I mentioned, I was in San Diego and I was on a boat with NO internet and barely any TV. It was interesting. I kept telling my parents, "we need to get back early on Monday 'cuz I need to get on the aby!" hehe Wink Well, I just got home about an hour ago. So, where did I leave off? Oh, right...

All of the background people were in the process of leaving and Corey came and found me and said, "Alright, what do you want to do next?" I told him I would love to watch some more filming and he said, "great!" and told me to talk to Ruthie and he'd see me in a little bit. I had to sign a photo release form (not exactly sure why), but I gave that to Ruthie and asked her exactly where I was supposed to go. She was so nice and she said, "Oh, they're setting up over there, go ahead!" and she kinda pointed. I felt a little awkward walking around since I wasn't really a part of anything. But everyone was really nice.

I chilled for about 20 minutes and watched them set up the next scene, which is just with Emily and Marisa. The stand-ins sat where Emily and Marisa were going to sit so they could get the lighting and everything just right. Behind the wall of the "room" they had "built" (basically, a makeshift wall and some curtains) were about 4 director's chairs and 2 screens for the director to watch. I stood against a brick wall and just watched. Like I said, I felt really awkward. But then a lady walked by me and asked if I was having a good time. I hadn't seen her before, but I guess she knew who I was. So, that kinda eased my mind. At some point during those 20 minutes, Marisa walked up and sat in one of the chairs and she talked to the director for a few minutes. I kept thinking, "I wonder where Emily is." After a few more minutes, Marisa got up and headed to the "room." Emily appeared to my right and walked through the curtains to take her spot on the couch for the scene.

A minute later, Corey found me and grabbed me a director's chair of my own and set it down right behind where the director and someone else were sitting. At the time, I didn't know he was the director. Then, Corey introduced me to the director, Steven DePaul. He apparently hadn't been informed that "the auction winner" was on set and he suddenly became quite concerned over whether or not they had gotten me in a shot or not. Corey assured him that they did. He was really nice. I sat in the chair and talk to him for a minute. My chair was also positioned directly in front of another chair...a chair that read "Emily Deschanel" on it. THAT part thrilled me a bit, but then I got worried that I would be in her way when she came to sit down, so I tried to move the chair and I commented to Steven that I was worried about being in the way and he said that I was fine. Then, Corey offered me another tea and I don't know why, but I declined. Stupid me, it was really good tea! He then brought me a headset so I could listen since we were in fact sitting behind a wall and Emily and Marisa were on the other side. It was weird 'cuz it was also open on one side.

Anyway, a few seconds later and they were ready to go. Emily and Marisa rehearsed a couple of times and then they did about 3 takes. At one point, someone had to fix Emily's "wild hair" as they called it. She had some strands out of place on her left shoulder.

The scene they filmed is interesting 'cuz Brennan and Perrotta are watching a screen while there is an auction going on within the convention. They weren't filming the auction part of the scene. Sweets is in that scene and it was being filmed today. So, the editors will be doing a lot of work. There were people off screen reading the auctioneer's lines and Sweets' lines, which obviously get edited in later. It was SO much fun to watch and it made me want to be filming too!

...More coming...
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:27 pm

I know, I'm posting in segments, which is kinda weird, but it's broken up into parts of my day, I suppose.

When they were finished filming the scene, they took a break to reset the cameras so they could get different angles. While they did that, Marisa walked to her chair and on the way, she smacked my leg and said, "you're still here, I'm impressed!" and smiled. It had been a long day. I told her, "Of course I am!" and we talked for a minute and the director said, "It beats sitting on the 5," meaning Interstate 5 to which I responded, "That's for sure." Marisa then walked off to get dinner (which was a taco bar). One of the assistants let me know about the taco bar and told me to go get some food if I wanted. For some reason, I wasn't hungry. I hadn't eaten much at lunch either. Probably excitement. Smile

I was messing with my phone when Emily walked up behind me. It was strange 'cuz I knew she was there, but I didn't know if I should turn around and say something and I thought she might say something. Then she started talking to someone else, so I decided not to say anything. Then, I don't really know how it started, but she stopped talking and I figured the other person had walked off.

She sat in her chair and I think I turned around, I'm not really sure, I actually don't really remember. No wait! I think she said something first and then I turned around. She was asking about her cousin, I think. So, the two of us sat and chatted about mostly me at first. She asked if I was liking being back in Colorado after I explained to her that my husband and I had moved to L.A. earlier in the year. She mentioned that she had never been to my city, but only to Boulder 'cuz that's where her family is and her cousin always comes up there when they have family get-togethers. Then we talked about the day and she mentioned that her allergies had been horrible all day and that she hadn't gotten much sleep and had had a headache all day. She said she thought it was the southern California fires. Anyway, we got to talking about health issues and I told her I had a thyroid condition...not really sure how that came up. Maybe 'cuz of the allergies thing. Over the next few minutes, we came to realize that we have a few things in common...at least with health. We both give ourselves B12 shots, which I thought was interesting.

After a few minutes, this guy came up to her and told her she could have these flowers that apparently had been used for something during filming, not sure what. They were roses and baby's breath. She thanked him. After 5 or 10 minutes, Marisa returned and sat in the chair that said "Cast." She had a plate of food and sat to eat, commenting that she didn't know how she was going to eat without getting good all over her. She had a tamale. That's how we got on the food subject. Marisa mentioned that she loves tamales and she was attempting to unwrap it and said to Emily, "you probably can't have this." Emily said that there was milk in it, so no, she couldn't eat it. Then she thought it was funny that the catering company had made it like that when they know she can't eat it. She was NOT complaining, she just thought it was funny.

Somehow, I got to the point that I had become a vegetarian but that I had added chicken and fish back in because my naturopath told me I needed more protein. She asked me if I was feeling any better since I started adding it back in and I thought about it and realized that, no, no I wasn't. I told her and she said, "Exactly." She told me that ethically, the best thing to eat is naturally raised beef. Chicken is actually not that good. After our conversation, I am back to being a vegetarian...FOR GOOD. I actually forgot to tell her that I had been in the hospital twice since I added meat back in. I've had stomach problems, so who knows, maybe that's a reason. I'm sorry I didn't mention it, she could have shed some light on the issue. Smile

So, us girls sat and chatted for about 25 minutes or so. Marisa asked me about the auction and where it had been and I said "ebay." She then commented that it was interesting 'cuz "you two know each other, too." Emily then launched into the explanation of how we "know" each other: her 2nd cousin, which is her mother's 1st cousin is a friend of mine. So is her 3rd cousin, who is the daughter of her 2nd cousin. Confused? LOL Wink She asked me if my husband was with me or back in Colorado. I told her he had to take care of our animals and she asked me what pets we had. I told her a kitten and a puppy and she asked what kind of dog...Yorkie. Oh, what else did we talk about? I'm sure I'll keep remembering things and I'll post them. But it didn't even matter what we talked about 'cuz it was just all so chill and natural. She was incredibly down to earth. We could have been sitting at a restaurant or at a park or whatever...it could have been anywhere, it wasn't even like she was "at work." It was great and she was so nice. I could tell she was tired, though, and she was a lot more "mellow" than she had been earlier in the day.

After about half an hour, the girls had to go film the scene again.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:55 pm

The rest of the filming took about 20 minutes and that was a wrap for the day. I lingered in hopes of getting a picture with Emily. I thought it would be cool to get one with Marisa, too, but she took off right after the end of filming. Someone asked to talk to Emily and she went and talked to him. In the meantime, I gave my headset back to one of the production assistants and got my camera out of its case. After a minute or so Emily finished talking with the guy and headed back to her chair to get her coat and things. I asked her then if she would mind getting a picture. She didn't mind at all. We had to find someone to take it and the director, Steven, ended up doing it. We had some tehnical difficulties and the camera didn't work at first. Emily tried to help and I realized that it was on "movie." So, I actually ended up getting 2 separate 3-second videos. Then, he got 2 pictures of us. I will post soon! I only got 1 other photo and it was of the back of one of the director's chairs. I'll post that too.

After the photo, she grabbed her things and we talked and we just kinda ended up walking out together. We talked about our grandparents and she mentioned that her grandmother had just turned 95 and I talked about how my grandmother had passed away earlier this year. She has 3 grandparents still alive and they're all in their '90s, which I thought was amazing. She commented on how it's hard to get out to visit all of them since they're in Colorado and Oregon. And then she got back to her trailer and we said goodbye. She said, "it was great to see you again" and smiled and waved.

And that was it!!! A fabulous end to a fabulous day! Everyone was SO nice and it wasn't just 'cuz I was "special." The "Bones" crew and producers are a real class act. From the way they treated us to the food they fed us to the thanks they gave us for doing such a good job...everything was CLASSY. All the way down to Emily herself. Complete...and...total...CLASS. That's how I can sum it up. I don't even know how to compare it, but it was a world of difference from "Boston Legal." They didn't treat the background people very well and the food was terrible and it just wasn't fun. THIS...was fun. And like I said, it wasn't just because I was the auction winner. Of course it was even better later on after the background stuff was done, but I still had a great time just doing background.

I don't really know how to thank everyone on the set, but I'm gonna try 'cuz they were amazing.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Oh, Meegs! You must have had an awesome day! I'm sure I'll be loving the pictures!!
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next