Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily Shares a Vegetarian Holiday Recipe

5 posters

Go down

Emily Shares a Vegetarian Holiday Recipe Empty Emily Shares a Vegetarian Holiday Recipe

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:00 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Emily Shares a Vegetarian Holiday Recipe Empty Re: Emily Shares a Vegetarian Holiday Recipe

Post by THX1138 Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:22 am

You know that doesn't look too bad. Seitan is basically tasteless but properly seasoned and prepared makes a decent mock-meat, far superior to tofu. This is one vegan meal I'd definitely like.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Emily Shares a Vegetarian Holiday Recipe Empty Re: Emily Shares a Vegetarian Holiday Recipe

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:32 am

Tofu... It's like eating a sponge...
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:35 am

Can you substitute the seitan for steak tips if you prefer the murderous way of eating?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:22 am

oh ella.........you make me laugh.........murderous way of eating.......

and i am certain you could use it in steak tips....like robert said.....properly seasoned it is quite good......
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:03 am

It is, I made Vegan "Chicken Parmesan" Friday, it came out pretty good - not as good as the real thing, but quite palatable really and Teese cheese melts just like real cheese, maybe it's a bit runny when melted, but otherwise it was pretty good.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:13 am

I have GOT to talk to Emily 'cuz I just found out that I am intolerant to soy...and so is she and she's still a vegan. This recipe looks yummy, but I can't cook very well. But it looks like seitan is going to be a staple in my diet now.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:55 am

Meegs82 wrote:I have GOT to talk to Emily 'cuz I just found out that I am intolerant to soy...and so is she and she's still a vegan. This recipe looks yummy, but I can't cook very well. But it looks like seitan is going to be a staple in my diet now.
Hey, don't forget to drop my name...I gotta try, right? Oh, that Teeze Cheese is soy based, so that won't work for you unless you can tolerate it in small amounts. Someone told me that Smart Balance has soy-free, dairy-free cheese that's supposed to be fairly tasty. I have found a milk substitute I actually like, Almond Breeze - tastes a lot better than rice milk or Silk.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Ya, I WISH I could really talk to her 'cuz she would be a treasure trove of info for me on the whole soy intolerance thing. I JUST figured it out yesterday, on my own, by not eating it. And lo and behold, I felt SO much better. I think that maybe I can handle it in certain forms since it is processed in different ways for different products, but for now, I'm cutting it out altogether. I have Almond Breeze, but I can't drink it by itself...yuk. With cereal, I like it, but I am already missing my chocolate Silk Sad
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Ya, I WISH I could really talk to her 'cuz she would be a treasure trove of info for me on the whole soy intolerance thing. I JUST figured it out yesterday, on my own, by not eating it. And lo and behold, I felt SO much better. I think that maybe I can handle it in certain forms since it is processed in different ways for different products, but for now, I'm cutting it out altogether. I have Almond Breeze, but I can't drink it by itself...yuk. With cereal, I like it, but I am already missing my chocolate Silk Sad
Tell you what, if you get me her number I'll call her for you, whaddya say? I mean, I know I'm biased but I think that's a brilliant idea. Wink

Yeah, soy and I are okay, i'm just not a fan and Silk? Nuh-uh. Though I've never had chocolate silk, so maybe that's better. So I went vegan for lent and so far, five days in it's not so bad. One thing I can say, if I ever decided to give up meat? I'd still eat dairy. We don't drink or use a lot of milk, maybe 1/2 gallon a week, but there's just no substitute for fresh dairy milk. Now the vegan cheese? That's actually pretty good.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Oh yeah, Rob, I forgot Lent had started! Way to go! I'll be cheering for you! thumbsup
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:01 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Oh yeah, Rob, I forgot Lent had started! Way to go! I'll be cheering for you! thumbsup
Thanks! So far so good. Then again the big test comes tomorrow night - we're going out to dinner and the restaurant of choice is a local chop house, they've got the best steaks and chops there...talk about torture. pale

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:02 pm

THX1138 wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:Oh yeah, Rob, I forgot Lent had started! Way to go! I'll be cheering for you! thumbsup
Thanks! So far so good. Then again the big test comes tomorrow night - we're going out to dinner and the restaurant of choice is a local chop house, they've got the best steaks and chops there...talk about torture. pale

king RM

You can DO it!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down