Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't See Updated Stories

+2
ToZiKa
otismotis
6 posters

Go down

Can't See Updated Stories Empty Can't See Updated Stories

Post by otismotis Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:24 am

What is going on at FF.net. There are several updates to stories and when you go to the latest chapter there is a error message. Was like this on Friday (9/11) and I figured it would be fixed by now. I am not a writer, but an avid reader and most of these stories are not posted here. The one story I was really looking forward to reading....."The Apotochery" (sorry about the spelling) the writer had not updated since late 2008, It was there on Friday, but not there now. Private View, Chapter 5 is not there either. I'll ask the writers if they will post here, because I know we will get the entire story.
otismotis
otismotis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Can't See Updated Stories Empty Re: Can't See Updated Stories

Post by ToZiKa Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:23 am

I have the same problem and some others as well.
What you can do is try to reload the story, that works most of the time.
And you'll see that sometimes you can see the new chapter in the list as long as you have opened the very first chapter of the story, but later it is gone......so if you can't go from chapter 3 to 4(the new one), try going back to 1 and from there to 4 via the chapter-list.

That worked fine so far for me.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:43 am

I am also having trouble. Sometimes when I hit the back button to the main page, the most recent updated story will be from a few days before. Who knows. I e-mailed the admin, but I have yet to hear a response.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:45 am

I tried the admin too, but nothing happened.....

and I just found out that my great plan of action (what I described in the post above) isn't working with one-shots.....damn....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:48 am

The FF site went crazy, at least for me: one moment I can see the list of stories with the new chapters, but the next moment I either can't open them or , if I reload the site, can't even see the list again... Very odd.
And the reload of the new chapters doesn't work either, at least not every time. In some stories I could get to read the chapter this way, but in another ones... nothing!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Make that 3 of us who emailed admin/support (less than a day after I noticed the problem). I've been checking FF's main page and there's no notice about the problem so far, either.
Most of the time, I found that opening the 1st chap and using the drop down works, like she said above, but not always. Some 1st chaps/oneshots won't open at all. And when I went on this evening, the main Bones page was missing all of yesterday's updates and then some. Some stories we were on ch 11 yesterday and suddenly only up through 8 or 9 is listed. Went to M and then All and then I saw most of them.
I'm a little reluctant to post anything and hope it's fixed before I'm ready to.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:58 am

You went to M yesterday?
Congrats.....M was gone yesterday for me.....and I don't mean no new updates or anything I mean GONE G-O-N-E
disappeared, missing, no longer there gone

and it doesn't look like they are working on the problem at all, as it is only getting worse

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:54 am

yeah I've had the same problem for days, I've found that if you keep going into the story you can *sometimes* get it to come up correctly. I hope they get it fixed cause it's starting to frustrate me.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:10 am

And sometimes the links in the alerts work, and sometimes they don't. Mad Too bad there's not a faster way to reach the PTB.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:33 am

Well fingers crossed...... I didn't have any problems last night around 12 ET, here's hoping they fixed it
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:38 am

right now it seems to work rather smothly....but you never know

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down