Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz!

+27
Fluffernutter
sera
Tan
Zeddie
KYBones
CanadianBones
Lo
moonlightbones
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
i_heart_bones
boreanazlover82
DBCrazy
MoonlightGardenias
dawnsfire
G
southerngirl
mereva
SnoopGirl
keerz14
ToZiKa
arno
treble21
willgirl
shopgirl909
THX1138
RGPageantqueen
Cassiopeia
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz! - Page 3 Empty Re: David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz!

Post by Cassiopeia Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:37 pm

I don't like the name Suri, cause in Estonian it means that somebody has died. SO .. Yeah. I like Bardot. I hope she will grow up and held her name proudly.
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz! - Page 3 Empty Re: David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz!

Post by keerz14 Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 am

ToZiKa wrote:
keerz14 wrote:Congradulations to them both Smile
So happy for them

When I said the name enough it actually sounded quite sweet, it was kinda weird thought that when I told my mum the name I was flicking through a magazine and there was an articale about Bridgette Bardot. Which was creepy because I never heard of her before today.....
you didn't know Brigitte Bardot? (oh and my spelling should be correct, although now that you all spelled it different I'm not so sure anymore.....but it is french after all)
She was every males dream in the 60's or 70's.....

Laughing I am only 15, I kinda was'nt around in the 60's/70's Laughing sorry I did'nt know how to spell the name btw
keerz14
keerz14
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Say What You Want : Well I'm 17 in almost a week. In 5th year. Living down south and practically live for my friends&family Smile) Cant wait for the 23rd cos of the Bones premiere and my 17th birthday will make up for the dissapointment of the premiere haha. Definetly gonna get jointed that saturday!! Cant wait....anyway thats it haha.
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 am

keerz14 wrote:
ToZiKa wrote:
keerz14 wrote:Congradulations to them both Smile
So happy for them

When I said the name enough it actually sounded quite sweet, it was kinda weird thought that when I told my mum the name I was flicking through a magazine and there was an articale about Bridgette Bardot. Which was creepy because I never heard of her before today.....
you didn't know Brigitte Bardot? (oh and my spelling should be correct, although now that you all spelled it different I'm not so sure anymore.....but it is french after all)
She was every males dream in the 60's or 70's.....

Laughing I am only 15, I kinda was'nt around in the 60's/70's Laughing sorry I did'nt know how to spell the name btw
no worries.....I can't spell most of the time....but I'm 20 so I wasn't there either.....btw. I think she just turned 75 a few weeks ago......

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:27 am

I guess I'm the only one wondering why they named their kid after a restaurant... *shrug* Whatever, though, as long as they're all healthy and happy. Best luck to the mum and congrats to the family.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:30 am

heirofloki wrote:I guess I'm the only one wondering why they named their kid after a restaurant... *shrug* Whatever, though, as long as they're all healthy and happy. Best luck to the mum and congrats to the family.
a restaurant? whereabouts is that the name of a restaurant?? and yes, the most important thing is that mom and baby are doing well now!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:48 am

a restaurant? whereabouts is that the name of a restaurant?

Hollywood. Wink

It's kind of a lounge.

EDIT: Here's the website: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:49 am

I dislike the name completely. It isn't fitting a Boreanaz. It would have been better if they chose a name we posted here on the aby. First off Jayden is going to be taking up for little sister alot with a name like that. You saddle a child with a weird name like that and you are asking for the poor child to be made fun of. I am happy she is a healthy baby. I wish David, Jamie and Jayden or is it Jaden all the happiness in the world. Congrats on your addition. But please,,,, don't saddle children with names that will cause them problems there whole life and allow them much unwanted publicity. This is just my opinion.

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:18 pm

I like the name, only for the pure uniqueness of it. There will not be another in the neighbourhood, that's for sure.
Best wishes to them and what I'm sure is a beautiful baby.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:27 pm

sammi31 wrote:It would have been better if they chose a name we posted here on the aby.
Ouch Laughing I agree, it's not a good idea to saddle a child with a terrible name, but truthfully, Bardot just isn't that terrible. It's a known name. It's not a vegetable or a piece of furniture, it's a name.
Anyway, I can't imagine why a parent would be so cruel as to name a child Gertrude, but there are lots of people who see nothing wrong with the name. There will always be people who might love our names, and others who are silently thinking "Good God, poor kid..." I find it highly probable that Bardot will love her name. She doesn't need our sympathy.
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:22 pm

Bardot is sounding really good right now. I still like Vita better though. Sound a beautiful name.

Nicole Ritchie and husband named their BOY Sparrow James Midnight Madden. Sparrow Shocked for a boy. Rolling Eyes

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:28 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:Bardot is sounding really good right now. I still like Vita better though. Sound a beautiful name.

Nicole Ritchie and husband named their BOY Sparrow James Midnight Madden. Sparrow Shocked for a boy. Rolling Eyes
probably named after Captain Jack Sparrow.....at least that was the first thought I had....

and there is nothing wrong with Gertrude!
that's a good (although old-fashioned) german name

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:33 am

ToZiKa wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:Bardot is sounding really good right now. I still like Vita better though. Sound a beautiful name.

probably named after Captain Jack Sparrow.....at least that was the first thought I had....

I too like Gertrude/Trudy Smile

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:38 am

ToZiKa wrote:

Lol, that's my point exactly. It's totally up to preference. People here are saying it's cruel to name a child Bardot, but I find it cruel to name a child Gertrude. At the end of the day, they're both names. There seems to be uproar because people haven't heard of the name Bardot and therefore think it's a kooky Hollywood name? That's nobody's fault but theirs. I've seen the name Bardot a few times, more than I've seen Gertrude (in recent times) in fact. You can't say that Bardot is different because it's the name of a disease or swamp vegetation etc. It's a legitimate name, so I don't see what the fuss is about.
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:49 am

sera wrote:
ToZiKa wrote:

Lol, that's my point exactly. It's totally up to preference. People here are saying it's cruel to name a child Bardot, but I find it cruel to name a child Gertrude. At the end of the day, they're both names. There seems to be uproar because people haven't heard of the name Bardot and therefore think it's a kooky Hollywood name? That's nobody's fault but theirs. I've seen the name Bardot a few times, more than I've seen Gertrude (in recent times) in fact. You can't say that Bardot is different because it's the name of a disease or swamp vegetation etc. It's a legitimate name, so I don't see what the fuss is about.

Its not that fact that the name Bardot is a bad name. I was simply stating that children in school and just children in general tend to make fun of kids with weird names. Hey I don't much care for the name Bardot either but hey to each is own. I was just meaning that the children you go to school with who haven't been brought up with manners. I am just glad that the baby was healthy and that the family is happy.

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:35 am

sammi31 wrote:
sera wrote:
ToZiKa wrote:

Its not that fact that the name Bardot is a bad name. I was simply stating that children in school and just children in general tend to make fun of kids with weird names. Hey I don't much care for the name Bardot either but hey to each is own. I was just meaning that the children you go to school with who haven't been brought up with manners. I am just glad that the baby was healthy and that the family is happy.

Well then that's the other childrens' faults isn't it? Parents shouldn't feel pressured to give their child a common name for the sake of children with no manners. And we don't give children enough credit. Most children are brought up well today, and much more open-minded about certain issues. Those who poke fun at names most likely bully others for completely other reasons too. And I'm not singling you out, the outrageous reactions I've read on this board and others just frustrate me.
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3