Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz!

+27
Fluffernutter
sera
Tan
Zeddie
KYBones
CanadianBones
Lo
moonlightbones
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
i_heart_bones
boreanazlover82
DBCrazy
MoonlightGardenias
dawnsfire
G
southerngirl
mereva
SnoopGirl
keerz14
ToZiKa
arno
treble21
willgirl
shopgirl909
THX1138
RGPageantqueen
Cassiopeia
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz! - Page 2 Empty Re: David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz!

Post by dawnsfire Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:30 am

One assumes they're using the French pronounciation. Poor kid's going to have to explain all her life a) how to pronounce it, and b) how to spell it. Actually both 1st and last names--ouch! Mad
That's partly why my parents didn't name me Zoe--nobody would pronounce it correctly and nobody would spell it right.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz! - Page 2 Empty Re: David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz!

Post by MoonlightGardenias Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:36 am

When I first heard the name I thought pretty much the same thing, but...I dunno. Bardot Boreanaz? It kind of has a ring to it. I still say Bardot sounds like a wine or something, but you know what? That is not the point. At least she's healthy. That's what matters, right?
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by G Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:52 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:When I first heard the name I thought pretty much the same thing, but...I dunno. Bardot Boreanaz? It kind of has a ring to it. I still say Bardot sounds like a wine or something, but you know what? That is not the point. At least she's healthy. That's what matters, right?
Exactly.
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 am

Yes. For mother and child both!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:22 am

dawnsfire wrote:One assumes they're using the French pronounciation. Poor kid's going to have to explain all her life a) how to pronounce it, and b) how to spell it. Actually both 1st and last names--ouch! Mad
That's partly why my parents didn't name me Zoe--nobody would pronounce it correctly and nobody would spell it right.

queen

Could you imagine being Zooey Deschanel? Having to explain both her first and last name? Poor girl
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:52 am

meh, people mispronounce the easiest names, mine is Jayme ( it's spelled phoenetically ) like Jay-me LOL and it gets butchered ALL the time, also I got told in elementary school one year by a teacher that I spell my name wrong. I think those criticisms build character, and I LOVE my name now. And if little Bardot doesn't grow to love her name, there is always a legal name change Wink ( I considered it A LOT while I was a teenager)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:20 pm

Oh their baby finally came! That makes me so happy for both of them, heck, all of them, Jayden too.

My first thought when I heard her name was that it sounded old world. I immediately thought of Brigitte Bardot, so it didn't sound masculine at all. Vita means life, so since they've been trying for a while to have another child, that sounded perfect.

Again, I am very happy for them. Congratulations!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by boreanazlover82 Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 pm

I am so happy for them!
Congrats to the whole family! Very Happy

Interesting that they would pick a french name for their daughter :?:

boreanazlover82
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Oh thats a cute name!
Congrats to the whole family!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:57 pm

Congrats!
I do not like the name though, but hey who am I to judge!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Congrats to David and his beautiful wife! I actually like the name they chose. Smile It's unusual without being all that odd.

So happy everything went well for them!
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:29 pm

karlia wrote:Congrats!
I do not like the name though, but hey who am I to judge!
Did you name a child something odd and random?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:30 am

I really don't know why you all don't like the name
and I don't see any problems with explaining how to spell it either.....
I mean there are Lindsey's and Lindsay's out there.....that's a common name and still they have to tell you how to spell it.....

I had to explain all the time too and I'm not sitting in a corner with a straight-jacket so I guess it can't be that hard for any other kid

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:18 am

Congrats to David and the rest of the family, hope they are enjoying their new addition to the fam!
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:32 am

ToZiKa wrote:I really don't know why you all don't like the name
I mean there are Lindsey's and Lindsay's out there.....that's a common name and still they have to tell you how to spell it.....

I had to explain all the time too and I'm not sitting in a corner with a straight-jacket so I guess it can't be that hard for any other kid
The name is cool - just not for a girls first name. But hey, she may love it!

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:16 am

SnoopGirl wrote:
ToZiKa wrote:I really don't know why you all don't like the name

The name is cool - just not for a girls first name. But hey, she may love it!
I like prissy girl names, I guess. I love my name, one because it's prissy and I never met any other other Ella's my whole life. I don't like those names like Lindsay or Britney where everyone has the same name. But Bardot has no femininity to it. I don't know it sounds kinda butch in my opinion. Like everyones saying is that it's not a good name for a girl, and it's mostly listed as a boy's name. But then again, you have someone like Shawn Johnson, and Shawns not really a girls name either. But even shawn has a slight feminine ring to it.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 am

who cares what they name their kid! it's not like it's impacting our lives. Yes it's an uncommon name, lots of people have them. You just don't hear them because they aren't celebrity offspring. Congrats to David and Jaime with the safe and healthy arrival of their baby.

Last edited by CanadianBones on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KYBones Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:31 am

CanadianBones wrote:who cares what they name their kid! it's not like it's impacting our lives. Yes it's an uncommon name, lots of people have them. You just don't hear them because they aren't celebrity offspring. Congrats to David and Jaime and with the safe and healthy arrival of their baby.

I have to agree with you on this one. My last name is pronounced EXACTLY has it is spelled and sometimes the easier it is pronounce the more it gets chopped up. So at least she will always have a conversation starter when she meets someone new. Congrats to the family!
KYBones
KYBones
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:50 pm

I like the name, very... different and unique. Congrats the David and Jamie
!!!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
David Boreanaz and his wife welcome Bardot Vita Boreanaz! - Page 2 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:50 pm

At least she wasn't named after a country Razz
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:59 am

Or Heavenly Hirani Tigerlily! I have to agree that I don't think it'll matter in the long run about her name... she'll either love it or hate it, and she'll either get on in life like the rest of the population or not. Very Happy

OR... she'll get called something completely different by everyone! Wouldn't that put a spanner in the works... hehehehe
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:15 am

I had no idea Bardot was a boy's name at all! Very reminiscent of Brigitte Bardot. I think most people know of her so I'm sure most will get the pronunciation right? There's also a popular women's fashion label here called Bardot... and there was also a female pop group called Bardot... so it all points to female for me, lol, a female with spunk. As to the name itself, it is a bit too Hollywood for my liking, but it's pretty and exotic, and with a surname like Boreanaz, I think a somewhat unique name is needed.

What was wrong with the name Suri and Shiloh?
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:22 pm

sera wrote:What was wrong with the name Suri and Shiloh?

They just aren't common names and it seems like their parents are just giving them names that will stick out. My least favorite: Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple. That has never been a name. It's a fruit.

But at least these kids will never be one of twelve Megans or Lindsays in their classes!
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:38 pm

I'm kinda new to the conversation but,

I like her name. Originally, I thought it was kinda weird, but, it's a pretty name now. It's unique. It makes me think of a fashion line... I mean, it kinda does sound like a fashion line, doesn't it??? Or is it just me?
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:
sera wrote:What was wrong with the name Suri and Shiloh?

They just aren't common names and it seems like their parents are just giving them names that will stick out. My least favorite: Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple. That has never been a name. It's a fruit.

But at least these kids will never be one of twelve Megans or Lindsays in their classes!

Oh I thought there was some alternate meaning. I don't like the name Shiloh, but I think Suri's adorable. I honestly see nothing wrong with it. It's unique, but not so unique that it's just weird. It's very pretty. Far from Moon Unit. I'm surprised your reason was that they're not common names. Parents are equally scorned for giving children common names because they're "boring". There's no pleasing the public, lol. The only reason celebrities seem to give their children weird names is because celebrity children with normal names are never spoken of. But I suspect that the ratio of "weird" to "normal" names among celebrities is equal to the ratio among us everyday folk.

It's too bad apple is a fruit, but I think it sounds really nice for a name if you look past obvious meaning.
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next