Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you interested in a Bones Canon?

+8
MoonlightGardenias
bones206
keerz14
spygrl
ToZiKa
dawnsfire
THX1138
DBCrazy
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are you interested in a Bones Canon?

Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you interested in a Bones Canon?

Post by bones206 Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:56 pm

I was thinking like how one would take notes in class. For example: For the Woman in Limbo someone would write Brennan's Mother loved dolphins. Not Dr. Brennan works at the Jeffersonian.

Doea anyone kind of understans what I'm going for?
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you interested in a Bones Canon?

Post by hy6110327 Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:01 pm

THX1138 wrote:A wiki isn't a bad idea really, though I was thinking something like a simlpe relational database with an intuitive interface that would be queriable and have standardized input forms and output screens so we can tailor the displayed information.

king RM
If we want to go the route of a wiki. You can go to wikispaces.com (I don't know if its just a school thing or not) and only members of that wiki can change it.
hy6110327
hy6110327
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16061
Say What You Want : C'est la vie!

Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by hy6110327 Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:05 pm

I would love to help. Though once school and drama starts I doubt how much a help I'll be. I'll be lucky to watch a new episode within a month.
hy6110327
hy6110327
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16061
Say What You Want : C'est la vie!

Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Are you interested in a Bones Canon? - Page 2 Empty Does anybody know of something like this already?

Post by DBCrazy Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:35 pm

I like all the discussion that this is generating, especially in regards to how best to load the information for easy retrieval - I mean that's the whole point. I see pros and cons in both a wiki and a database.

The forum platform on which this site ([Only admins are allowed to see this link] runs has different types of forum setups. We just use Forums containing Threads (ex. Non-Bones Topics forum has I am Last thread, Count to a Million thread, Have You Ever? thread ...) but for something like this canon we could also layer it further.

(If this example below doesn't make sense to you don't spend any time trying to figure it out, please!! It's not worth it. Dark red would be the canon stuff.)

Think of -
... Message from the Mod Forum
... ... threads
... The IHBFC Forum
... ... threads
... Fanfiction Forum
... ... threads
... Canon Forum
... ... Characters Forum
... ... ... Seeley Booth Forum
... ... ... ... threads
... ... ... Temperance Brennan Forum
... ... ... ... threads
... ... Season 1 Forum
... ... ... 1x01 Forum
... ... ... ... threads
... ... ... 1x02 Forum
... ... ... ... threads
... ... Season 2 Forum
... ... ... 2x01 Forum
... ... ... ... threads
... ... ... 2x02 Forum
... ... ... ... threads
... ... ... and so on and so on and so on and so on ...

... back to the rest of all our regular forums

Now after lining that all out ... I'm not so sure that would be a good way to go necessarily or not No (I'm not impressed with our Search capabilities). Where I'm going with all this is "Does anybody know of anything like this already in existence to use as a template? Maybe a technique that writers learn so they can keep all their characters, timelines, details all sorted out." I don't feel the need to invent the wheel if somebody's already done it. If nobody knows of anything like this then it's time to start designing what we think will work best.

Sorry for being so wordy. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:48 pm

It does seems a trifle unwieldy, but at least you could find most things if you at least knew when they happened. And I agree about the Search capabilities on this otherwise lovely site.

Rob? You out there, Majesty? You seem to be our expert!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by spygrl Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:10 pm

My first suggestion would be to create an episode "play by play".

The basic dialogue of each can be assigned to one person per episode until we get through them all. Then once you have a basic "script" you add the actions and cut throughs. Sort of like a recreating the shooting script but more detailed. That will allow us to go ahead and get started while we decide who will and how to create the actual page together.

and bummer, means we have to rewatch the episodes a few times again! Smile

My thoughts on a wiki:

A wiki will allow you to tag each line of the page as you like so you can cross reference each occurrence in multiple episodes. Or create a single page for something like a "I don't know what that means" page where you cross link to every passage that Brennan says that in a list and then you can jump to the episode you want to reference.

Like I said that's just my suggestion. Smile
spygrl
spygrl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:56 am

spygrl wrote:My first suggestion would be to create an episode "play by play".

The basic dialogue of each can be assigned to one person per episode until we get through them all. Then once you have a basic "script" you add the actions and cut throughs. Sort of like a recreating the shooting script but more detailed. That will allow us to go ahead and get started while we decide who will and how to create the actual page together.

and bummer, means we have to rewatch the episodes a few times again! Smile

My thoughts on a wiki:

A wiki will allow you to tag each line of the page as you like so you can cross reference each occurrence in multiple episodes. Or create a single page for something like a "I don't know what that means" page where you cross link to every passage that Brennan says that in a list and then you can jump to the episode you want to reference.

Like I said that's just my suggestion. Smile
I will never be able to do that
I'm not a native speaker and although I understand everything in the episode I don't think I'd be able to do that.....

On the wiki-part.....I'm still not sure if I get how this works.....but basically a system similar to ff.net search sounds good to me.......or lj with the tags.....so if you look for let's say 'brainy smurf' you will get every entry with 'brainy smurf' as a tag.....but I guess that could lead to problems, because we'd need way too many tags......

I like Sherry's idea though, but I think we should have some infos already, before we integrate it.....and is it even possible to add more forums?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rike Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:41 am

I would like to help as far as I can, to say how to do it I have no idea....

Rike
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1695
Say What You Want : The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of consious.
Mahatma Ghandi
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Something which just occurred to me--we should probably have a section for discrepancies...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:14 am

dawnsfire wrote:Something which just occurred to me--we should probably have a section for discrepancies...

queen
Oooh that could almost be it's own wiki given the incredible consistency and continuity issues in Season 4.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:59 am

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:Something which just occurred to me--we should probably have a section for discrepancies...

queen
Oooh that could almost be it's own wiki given the incredible consistency and continuity issues in Season 4.

king RM

please RM keep that topic out of here for the moment.....I can't hear it again.....I might have a nervous breakdown

but the idea with the discrepancies is good

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:15 am

Not a debate board, Rob--just a basic list (can Booth pick locks or not? How many people has Brennan shot? That kind of thing) I repeat--NOT a place to debate or rant. Got it? But they're things to be acknowledged.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:47 am

Hey peeps, I thought this was a nice place to post this.....

Anyway, we (Sherry, I and hopefully G) are trying to create an episode list for Bones at the moment.
And I realized that it is way too much work for only the two (or three) of us.
So I'm officially recruiting personel now.
We need people, who already know a thing or two about Bones and who are willing to spend some time watching again, collecting quotes and writing recaps.

You can either do a complete episode (I'll tell you how we want it to be done) or only certain parts, like writing the recaps.

Anyone who is interested in helping, can send me a pm and I'll get back to you.
You can also add what you would want to do, if you already know that.

I hope someone will be willing to help.
Toz

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:01 pm

Count me in, how will we organize it?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by spygrl Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Count me in too.. you can assign me any episode Smile

I have them all on my Zune so I can work on it anywhere!
spygrl
spygrl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:05 pm

I'm good for S1-3! What do you need/want?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:29 pm

well I wanted pm's, but I'll send them to you now...... Rolling Eyes

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:47 pm

Okay pm's are out, thanks for the help everybody!

If someone else is interested in helping, please send me a pm or just tell me here.
We are happy about any help we can get!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by spygrl Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:54 am

ToZiKa wrote:Okay pm's are out, thanks for the help everybody!

If someone else is interested in helping, please send me a pm or just tell me here.

LOL I totally missed that "pm" part.. I saw the first line and hit reply! Sorry!
spygrl
spygrl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:01 am

spygrl wrote:
ToZiKa wrote:Okay pm's are out, thanks for the help everybody!

LOL I totally missed that "pm" part.. I saw the first line and hit reply! Sorry!
no problem, it works like that too....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2