Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come Back To Me

+4
dawnsfire
THX1138
DBCrazy
RGPageantqueen
8 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Come Back To Me - Page 11 Empty Re: Come Back To Me

Post by THX1138 Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:55 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Story feelings--I like that! That's more my speed and why I get so flattered when told I captured some emotion in a situation I've never been in (like running from both sides of the law). And while I'm sure I've used RL emotions, it's not always deliberate. For example, my story [Only admins are allowed to see this link]--somewhere in the last 3 chapters I realized I was probably channeling some of my last break-up, even though it's been quite a while since it happened...and why I was having problems writing them fixing things.
But I read a lot. That helps. I worked in a newspaper's archives for a while, too, and the stories and motivations you can find there are astonishing. And I have nice long conversations with my grandmother in which we cover things you wouldn't believe. It's all in your source material and your imagination.

As for your writing, El, it's all practice. Good Lord, if you could only see some of my earliest drafts for my original fiction, you'd cringe! (assuming I didn't burn them along the way) You have lots of potential, my dear, and just need to practice to make it really bloom.

queen
Yeah I could tell [Only admins are allowed to see this link] came from some place personal because I felt the pain reading it and it rang true to me. Breakups are a bitch, aren't they? Thank God they're good for something - I've got enough angst stockpiled in my breakups to write war and freakin' peace.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Come Back To Me - Page 11 Empty Re: Come Back To Me

Post by PIMP Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:06 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:fascinating.... I just wanted to point out... In the early nineties, I was a baby. Wink
So? You're still legal no. x] :p

Great heart rending story Ella. No one wants to lose a favorite character, one hates to see something like that because you always want a happy ending. Unfortunately, life isn't like that and great people can be torn out of your life suddenly. Booth's reaction was really touching and real. And i still miss abbey. my fatherly protective instincts hate what happened to her, and I can bet booth feels that in some way he failed her, should have been able to protect her. i mourn her loss the worst, and i still think she was the best part of the story, you made her very real and adorable for me, anyway. Good job, and despite the tone of the story,an enjoyable and compelling read.
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11