Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come Back To Me

+4
dawnsfire
THX1138
DBCrazy
RGPageantqueen
8 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Come Back To Me - Page 10 Empty Re: Come Back To Me

Post by THX1138 Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:46 am

Oh you're killing me - Brennan AND Abbey? Jesus woman, why not put a friggin' gun to my head and pull the trigger?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:13 am

I can arrange that. I'm sorry. It's sucky. But I had it planned all along. Sad
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:33 am

Shocked No

wow. You made abbey so real, and lovable, and as the father of a daughter, its heart rending....ripping.....tearing......to have her end this way and so soon in her life. I mean, Brennan's death is tragic, and so sad, but abbey....gosh, you made me fall in love with her. she was so adorable and cute. .......that's hard to take. Sad
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:45 pm

after reading the princess chapter, I began to rethink... I have never been so unhappy to be both right and wrong! Waaaaah! Sad Sad Poor Booth!

But I compliment you on keeping to your original story idea, no matter what. And in regards to what we talked about earlier--a lot of extra fluff would have indeed made this harder to handle.

queen

I know there's a box of Kleenex around here somewhere.
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Don't put your tissues away so soon, there is more coming. I ALMOST contemplated this being a dream. But no, I won't do that.

I really am looking forward to writing my other story "Forever 32" something different, definitely a lighter type of story line and i really hope you guys will read it!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Lighter than killing off Brennan and her daughter, pshaw you say. Sign me up for that.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:42 pm

AMEN!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesbabe Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:08 pm

i cant wait to read more of this story. its amazing. im absolutely bawling my eyes out right now.......*goes to find tissues*

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:12 pm

Its the sign of a good writer when you can make us love the characters, and cry at their tragedies. Yes, we already love the characters of Booth and Brennan from the show, but you really made Abbey a cute and lovable and real character, and her demise hurt deeply.
So all i can say is great job so far.
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:47 am

Well it's easy to cry when Brennan died, but Abbey was a character made up in my own mind. But on top of that, it's hard to lose a child of such a young age. Especially for Booth because for 3 years she was all he had. Ugh, God, I hate myself for doing this now.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:15 am

That's 'cause you have a conscience sweetie, and you're basically a good person. That and you'd have to be made of stone not to cry over little Abbey going like that, and what it's done to Booth, destroying him the way it has. Poor Chloe, she'll only ever have half a father now, because part of him died with Brennan and Abbey.

:King: RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:25 am

damn my conscience heart. It gets me all the time. I hate killing them, it does do a lot to Booth. How can he pick up the pieces and be a father for Chloé?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Come Back To Me - Page 10 Empty Chapter Twenty-Two "Broken"

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:59 am

Seeley sat down on the step of that church, the day was warm, a contrast to the cold of the air conditioner that made him shiver, "Seeley?" A woman's voice said.

Booth looked up to see his mother standing at the bottom of the stairs, "Mom? Why are you here?"

"Jared called, he told me what happened, Seeley, I'm so sorry, for your loss and for how I acted. I know how much she means to you. I was petty for treating her the way I did. I just didn't want you to settle for someone less than what you deserve. You know my parents hated your father." Gina sat beside her son, taking his hand.

Booth looked at her, "They did?"

Gina nodded, "In his day your father was a rough rider a tough man. He was known for breaking hearts. My parents didn't want to see my heart broken. Turned out I was the key that changed his life around. I know she was your world Seeley, the way your eyes twinkled when you talked about her, the way you spoke to her, treated her, you loved her."

"I love her, mom. love doesn't end because she died, you should know that better than anyone else."

"I do know that, son. I hate to see you have to deal with such a great loss." Gina said as she reached into her black bag he pulled out a photograph, the one from their last trip to New York. He and Abbey were wrestling in the background. In the foreground, Temperance was smiling as she looked on. Booth ran his thumb over her face, all he had left of her were photographs memories that would fade all too soon. It wasn't good enough for him. He broke down again that morning when he opened his eyes, wanting to see her still asleep on the other side of the bed, her arm dangling over the edge of the matress and her chest rising and falling and when she wasn't there it meant it was real, she would never be there again. He spent the morning in Abbey's room, untouched from when she was last in there, her room was a mess, dolls and toys scattered over the floor. On her table crayons covered the table top, and a colored picture of her house, her mother, her father, herself and her baby sister. Booth felt a tear slide down his cheek;

"Dinner is ready, Baby." Booth said knocking on his daughters door, it was far too quiet in her room, he knew that something sneaky was up.

"Just a minute daddy, I gots to finish my picture." she said putting down her purple crayon.

"What are you coloring?" He asked entering her room. kneeling beside the child.

"This is you, daddy." She said pointing to the stick figure man (the only one without hair), "This is mommy, and me and Coey."

"It's beautiful baby, but lets put down the crayon and eat, mommy made spaghetti."

Abbey smiled, "I lobe sgetti daddy."

Booth kissed her forehead, "I know you do." He said lifting her from the chair, "Ugh, you're getting so big, it's hard to carry you."

"I gonna be five years old soon daddy!" She said holding up five fingers.

She would be five in a month and three days from now. Now as he buried her in a small grey casket in a plot next to her mothers, Booth watched on as the crowd watched on, Angela was an emotional wreck, Hodgins did his best to comfort her, but her tears were uncontrollable. He backed out, sneaking away, he headed to the exit of the cemetary, holding a single rose in his hand, "You promised me not to leave you, Bones. I made that promise and again you leave me. This time it's you who takes my child from me. She was my world, Temperance and you took her away from me. I wish you weren't gone, Bones. Come out from your hiding place, make this all a joke." Booth sighed, "You know I still love you, right? One day We'll be together. You promise you'll be there to take me when it's my time to go right, Bones? Don't meet anyone in heaven, I don't think I could handle you spending eternity with anybody but me." Booth walked out to the edge of the lake, twirling the flower in his hands, "Take care of Abbey, tell her that daddy loves her very much and misses her. Tell her we'll be together again soon. Tell her that I have to be here with Chloé and that one day very soon we will be together again, we'll be a family again." Booth paused and looked up to the sky, "Please tell me you'll still want to be a family with me, Bones. Please?" He found a leaf that had fallen off the oak tree, he laid a petal of the rose on top of the leaf and watched it as it floated away, "This isn't fair, Bones. I need you to hold me, make this pain go away."

He picked off another petal and found another leaf, "You were taken away far too soon baby girl. Chloé will never know how wonderful you were Abbs, and she will never replace you in my heart, kisses baby girl." He said as he let go of the leaf, watching it follow the path of her mothers.

Booth looked across the street to the cemetary where the crowd was beginning to disperse. Booth Looked at the lake, the rose petals had sailed out of sight and Booth shoved his hands in his pockets making his way back to the crowd.

As he arrived, Cam met him, holding his daughter, "Booth, I'm so sorry about Dr. Brennan and Abbey." She said as she handed him his child.

Booth took the baby and held her, unsure of what to do next.

And thats it. I don't think I can go on. I'm crying like a baby over here. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read my other story! Please?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:01 am

This was almost too painful to read El, seriously heart breaking stuff.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:52 am

Booth will do just what he has to, we know it. He'll never get over Brennan, but time will eventually soften the immediate pain, and he'll make an effort (maybe not right away, man's still got to grieve) to, dare I say, compartmentalize for Chloe's sake. He's still got a good support network, too. But yes, he'll mourn in some fashion all his life and probably do one of those stereotypical things on his deathbed, calling out "Bones!" to the great confusion of any grandkids around. That's how I see it working out. Oh, and I imagine he'll preserve that last picture of Abbey's, too. Frame it and hang it on Chloe's wall.

Overall, one of the more angsty stories, from beginning to end that I have ever read. I would have liked it a little longer, maybe, explored a few things in more depth, but that's minor. Like the guys said, Abbey was a real character, which was great. And Gina was, too. I've always found it sad how often it takes tragedy to change things for the better, to change a mind or a law. But I think you got her, too.

Well done! (despite the tears)

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:55 am

Wow, your words dawn really moved me, I don't think anyone's ever had that much to say about something I've written. Or for that matter so moved by something I wrote. I mean it actually makes me cry. Thank you so much. Maybe I'll write an Epilogue?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:14 pm

... I think providence was watching over me to bail on this story. (Sorry, El) but I can't take this kind of stuff. I have been peeking at your reviews tho. It sounds like you did a fantastic job!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:16 pm

You don't like Character death? You can read my other story it's a comedy with no character death. Probably going to turn into a romantic comedy. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:26 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:You don't like Character death? You can read my other story it's a comedy with no character death. Probably going to turn into a romantic comedy. Smile
No, I can't stand character death! I think I take all my real world emotions and shoot them into stories and let them out that way. Most of the time I don't think I have real world feelings, just story feelings. I am reading your other story where she's in high school.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:32 pm

I don't think I have real world emotions either. I know how to draw emotions in a story world. Or at least in fan fic world, cause you all already love these characters so it's not hard to bring out the emotions that are already there.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Wow, see I don't do that at all. I draw on my RL feelings to create my storyline feelings. I put myself in the character, adopt their personal and feel my way through it but using my own experiences and emotions as a guide. Like the fight between Booth and Brennan in Pivotal Moment is what it is because I tapped into one of the darkest parts of my own romantic life and used the angst there to generate it.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:05 pm

For me, for some odd reason, I can look at them, and just draw their feelings, I don't know it's weird. It's from things that I want to experience. There are things you can tell I haven't experienced so it seems weak, like pregnancy and child labor or in this case a mother who can't accept her sons lover. I'm not sure where my writing abilities come from. I'm not sure if it's a calling or not because I personally don't think I'm a good writer.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:26 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:For me, for some odd reason, I can look at them, and just draw their feelings, I don't know it's weird. It's from things that I want to experience. There are things you can tell I haven't experienced so it seems weak, like pregnancy and child labor or in this case a mother who can't accept her sons lover. I'm not sure where my writing abilities come from. I'm not sure if it's a calling or not because I personally don't think I'm a good writer.
I think you're a good writer El, and you'll just become better with time and the experiences will become more real to you and easier to write. The thing with Gina for example? Spot on. Whether you think it was weak or not, you nailed it. Back in the early 90's I dated this girl who happened to be black, we dated for about two months and were getting on great, I really liked her. The night I finally met her father was our last date. He freakin' hated me because I was the wrong color, the wrong religion, and voted for the wrong party. He and Gina could have formed a club.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:41 pm

fascinating.... I just wanted to point out... In the early nineties, I was a baby. Wink
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Story feelings--I like that! That's more my speed and why I get so flattered when told I captured some emotion in a situation I've never been in (like running from both sides of the law). And while I'm sure I've used RL emotions, it's not always deliberate. For example, my story [Only admins are allowed to see this link]--somewhere in the last 3 chapters I realized I was probably channeling some of my last break-up, even though it's been quite a while since it happened...and why I was having problems writing them fixing things.
But I read a lot. That helps. I worked in a newspaper's archives for a while, too, and the stories and motivations you can find there are astonishing. And I have nice long conversations with my grandmother in which we cover things you wouldn't believe. It's all in your source material and your imagination.

As for your writing, El, it's all practice. Good Lord, if you could only see some of my earliest drafts for my original fiction, you'd cringe! (assuming I didn't burn them along the way) You have lots of potential, my dear, and just need to practice to make it really bloom.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next