Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily Caught By the Fug Girls

+7
queen bess
bones206
THX1138
i_heart_bones
bcriet
RGPageantqueen
willgirl
11 posters

Go down

Emily Caught By the Fug Girls Empty Emily Caught By the Fug Girls

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:14 am

I love the website, Go Fug Yourself, and came across this today.

I think she looks great although...I'm not crazy about the shirt.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Emily Caught By the Fug Girls Empty Re: Emily Caught By the Fug Girls

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:24 am

I think the shirt is fine, after all, it's for an event for Animals and the earth, how more Earthy can you get? Emily's had worse, this is actually one of her better outfits in comparison.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:48 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:I think the shirt is fine, after all, it's for an event for Animals and the earth, how more Earthy can you get? Emily's had worse, this is actually one of her better outfits in comparison.

I agree I think the shirt was fitting for the occasion. And I do think that Emily does look good there. Smile
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:17 am

her hair and make up is adorable. Plus it was a casz (casual) event. She didn't need to get all decked out. She was watching a movie... outside for crying out loud.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:36 am

She looked good!
Crazy people...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:46 am

Yeah, see this is why those 'what not to wear' type shows have such a bad rep. It's clear that the folks at Go Fug Yourself saw the pic and chose to manufacture an issue. The truth is Emily looks great. I love her with her hair down, the slight natural curl is very becoming, her make up is great - love the way her eyes have that smokey, sexy, look, that makes them pop - and black suits her. Yes, the print is bold, even a bit overstated, but as Ella pointed out it's an animal/earth benefit event, what was she supposed to wear, fur? The folks at Go Fug Yourself should take their own advice, go fug themselves, and leave fashion critiques to those folks who know what the hell they're talking about, like us.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:53 am

She looked perfect. Those people just didn't know what they were talking about, that, AND they were jealous.

Then again, we are biased. I mean, we would say she looks beautiful in almost anything... But, still, she looked perfect. I wish I looked like her...
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:01 pm

bones206 wrote:She looked perfect. Those people just didn't know what they were talking about, that, AND they were jealous.

Then again, we are biased. I mean, we would say she looks beautiful in almost anything... But, still, she looked perfect. I wish I looked like her...
Biased yes, but not blind. I love Emily to death, and yet I'm not above pointing out when she's not looking her best or her fashion sense seems to have left her momentarily (thoughts of a multi-striped potato sack and a blue and black plaid dress that would have looked right at home in a logging camp come to mind). This just wasn't one of those times, girl looks damn good and the critics in this case can go fug themselves.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:12 pm

LMAO!! i love this website!! it's all good natured, silliness. If you think what they are saying about her is bad, just read some of the others, that's only a mild insult!! lol!

and yes Em did look good (really good, i wish i looked like that!!), but they do kinda have a funny point, and that is there job, to find the funny in peoples outfits...

hehe... still giggling...
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17725
Say What You Want : demoted to countess...
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:22 am

queen bess wrote:LMAO!! i love this website!! it's all good natured, silliness. If you think what they are saying about her is bad, just read some of the others, that's only a mild insult!! lol!

and yes Em did look good (really good, i wish i looked like that!!), but they do kinda have a funny point, and that is there job, to find the funny in peoples outfits...

hehe... still giggling...

Totally with you Bess! That was so harmless! GFY has done much worse! (Of course, there have been way worse outfits out there!)
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:31 am

THX1138 wrote:
bones206 wrote:She looked perfect. Those people just didn't know what they were talking about, that, AND they were jealous.

Biased yes, but not blind. I love Emily to death, and yet I'm not above pointing out when she's not looking her best or her fashion sense seems to have left her momentarily (thoughts of a multi-striped potato sack and a blue and black plaid dress that would have looked right at home in a logging camp come to mind). This just wasn't one of those times, girl looks damn good and the critics in this case can go fug themselves.

RM

OH god the potato sack dress! I agree, they can go fug themselves. Whatever. I hate when people trash others style without giving ideas of what would be a better fir for them. Like we've done in the past. Emily's not always looked her best and we (THX and I) Are not below pointing it out. But we aren't trashing her taste in clothing at all. Merely, helping her bring out the sex goddess in herself.

Cause we love her.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:27 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

OH god the potato sack dress! I agree, they can go fug themselves. Whatever. I hate when people trash others style without giving ideas of what would be a better fir for them. Like we've done in the past. Emily's not always looked her best and we (THX and I) Are not below pointing it out. But we aren't trashing her taste in clothing at all. Merely, helping her bring out the sex goddess in herself.

Cause we love her
Exactly. It's not like Em hasn't had her fashion faux pas, please we all do and hers have been pretty public, I just bristle at the tear down without offering any sort of positive inspiration as to what she should be doing differently. And what's more confusing to me is she actually looks good in the pics from this event, so it just doesn't make any fugging sense really.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:35 am

Well Robert, in this world it's not entertaining to give constructive criticism with positive feedback. It's only entertaining to tear down people's lives, peoples fashion choices, peoples way of life in a hurtful and potentially life ruining way. It's fun to tear down others in a hurtful manner. Personally, I don't get it.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:55 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:Well Robert, in this world it's not entertaining to give constructive criticism with positive feedback. It's only entertaining to tear down people's lives, peoples fashion choices, peoples way of life in a hurtful and potentially life ruining way. It's fun to tear down others in a hurtful manner. Personally, I don't get it.
See that's because you're basically a good person Ella, and you have a good heart. Our society has gotten sick by not just allowing the callow elements a public forum to vent their puerile spleens, but by enouraging them to do so under the guise of entertainment. It's a play to that lowest common denomitator, resentment of the successful, those that are prettier or smarter or more popular. We've turned every venue of public discourse into a highschool cafeteria but we've flipped the dynamic, now it's the losers and outcasts who sit together tearing down the popular kids for the enjoyment of the rest of us. The fact that you speak up against this makes me proud of you, btw, it's easier to go with the flow that stand against it.

Okay, the death of western civilzation and the public forum is just too heavy for a Friday. Let's talk about fashion - if not the large tiger print what would you have had Em wear? Personally I love the ensemble, but imagine a sleeveless black tunic style blouse with a scooped neckline that exposed her slender neck more and emphasized her bare arms, and then accent that with an oversized silk scarf with a leopard printthat was worn loosly around her shoulders almost like a shawl. That would be fun and elegant at the same time.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesbabe Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:30 pm

OMG!!!!! i LOVE her shirt!!! its soooo cute......im obsessed with big cats so yeah.....lol

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:08 am

I think she looks phenomenal. And yes, she has her "days" when things are off, but this is definitely NOT one of them.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:59 pm

According to something I saw on TV this past afternoon, that outfit is supposed to have cost over $3300. *squints* Can't see it myself. Unless they're counting the bracelet, I suppose...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:56 am

What part of that outfit cost $3300???? It's just a T-shirt and jeans and heels. I could replicate that outfit for under $100.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:07 am

They didn't break it down, so beats me. Unless that's a diamond bracelet... And yes, they did pull off a similar outfit costing between $100 and $150 (which is still kinda high for my tastes)

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:48 am

dawnsfire wrote:They didn't break it down, so beats me. Unless that's a diamond bracelet... And yes, they did pull off a similar outfit costing between $100 and $150 (which is still kinda high for my tastes)

queen

Yeah same, but then again we don't make anything CLOSE to what she makes on a weekly/bi-weekly pay check. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Truer words were never spoken...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:47 am

They didn't break it down, so beats me. Unless that's a diamond bracelet... And yes, they did pull off a similar outfit costing between $100 and $150 (which is still kinda high for my tastes)

Eh, in BH you can easily pay a grand for a shirt (heck, that's nothing by Rodeo Dr. standars), so I'm not at all shocked. Besides, even thrift stores in LA are overpriced. Laughing

(they totally are!)

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:50 am

heirofloki wrote:

Eh, in BH you can easily pay a grand for a shirt (heck, that's nothing by Rodeo Dr. standars), so I'm not at all shocked. Besides, even thrift stores in LA are overpriced. Laughing

(they totally are!)

except one that Emily was talking about, where they were literally giving stuff away... Shocked But yeah it's not a cheap place to live. Heck even the McDonalds there are overpriced.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down