Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are you a fan of Emily?

+3
Meegs82
DBCrazy
bugaboo628
7 posters

Go down

Why are you a fan of Emily? Empty Why are you a fan of Emily?

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm

I thought this might be fun. Why are you a fan of Emily Deschanel?

I am a fan of her because she is who she is. She stands up for what she believes in and she is her own person. She is not "Hollywood". She is real. She is a wonderful actress, she does not get enough recognition. You can tell her amazing acting skills by watching how she portrays Brennan vs how she is in "real life".
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Why are you a fan of Emily? Empty Re: Why are you a fan of Emily?

Post by DBCrazy Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:20 am

This is interesting to think about.

I got into Bones by looking up DB Smile I never thought much about Emily one way or the other, then when I found out she was vegan that seemed very Hollywood to me (yeah, I'm a throwback Rolling Eyes to a whole different world). As time has gone by and I've read this article and that article about her I don't see her as Hollywood at all. She seems very much her own person, not worrying about "her image" or what other people think, but instead being concerned about the people and world around her. Now I just see her as good people.

That's one reason for being a fan, especially in this world where we feel we need to know all about people, but I can't neglect saying that she is a fine actress. I can't think of anyone else that could do with T. Brennan what she has managed.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:03 am

The reason I first became a fan of Emily was because of Brennan. I have always admired actresses who play strong female roles (i.e. Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Garner, Katee Sackhoff, Rene Russo and Geena Davis back in the day). Brennan's general "kick-assness" (as seen in the siggie Razz) is what made me like Emily and is truly what got me hooked on "Bones."

Then, I found out what kind of person she was...and I liked her even more. She's a good person. She comes from a family of "good people," like DBCrazy said. She is a true role model and it is refreshing to have someone like that in Hollywood, especially amidst all of the "Hollywoodness," as I like to call it.

Bottom line: she has a good heart and is as genuine as they come.

I couldn't think of a better role model.

Last edited by Meegs82 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:04 am

DBCrazy wrote:This is interesting to think about.

I got into Bones by looking up DB Smile I never thought much about Emily one way or the other, then when I found out she was vegan that seemed very Hollywood to me (yeah, I'm a throwback Rolling Eyes to a whole different world).

And the funny thing is...she became a vegan when she was 16, before she was even IN Hollywood. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:53 am

Well as Em's future main man I have a different perspective I guess from everyone here. I first saw her in Rose Red as Pam Asbury the token-reading psychic and thought she was an intriguing and fresh faced talent, very pretty and rather blonde (yes blonde), but I didn't know who she was really and sort of filed that memmory away. Flash forward to DB's new show and of course, as a former BtVS fanatic I was totally there to see what this "Bones" show was going to be like. I spent the pilot episode going, "I swear I've seen her in something before but I don't know what." and convinced I was insane since there was no way I'd ever forget a woman that strikingly beautiful. It wasn't until I saw a re-run of Rose Red on the Sci-Fi channel that I put it all together. Believe me, Em is waaaay hotter as an auburn haired beauty than she ever was as a blonde.

king RM

Hey, I could have talked about how talented she is as an actress or how I became intrigued by her as a person and found a complex, talented, intelligent woman of character who was easy to love, but I am a guy and honestly I remember going "Damn she's hot!" a lot during the show and that's when I became a fan.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:02 am

We expect nothing less from you than the unvarnished truth!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:54 am

I became a fan of Emily's from watching Bones. I saw Emily in a few other things, but did not thing much about her until Bones. Emily is such a great actress, and she is such a natural beauty. I don't think she really gets the credit she deserves. Emily can turn her emotions in one scene from laughing to crying on a dime. She shows so much emotion in face. I sort of miss Season 1 when she used to kick ass a lot.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:23 pm

I never new either one of them until I started to watch Bones. Sad I know, but I don't get to watch much TV. LOL. I think Emily is awesome as 192630 said her emotions are truly a great skill. (that is one reason why I like David so much) Emily is such a great person with all of the charity work she does with the environment and saving animals.....she loves life and her job and loves to help others too. Now who can't like a person like that. I think we need to have more people like her and David in this world.
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzycat Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:34 pm

she is very cute and smart, this is not enough?)

crazzycat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-26

http://www.glittergraphicsnow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum