Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSG: Anyone else watching?

+2
Meegs82
heirofloki
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BSG: Anyone else watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: BSG: Anyone else watching?

Post by Meegs82 Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:56 am

heirofloki wrote:LOL Meegs. I know the feeling. I got onboard by the end of the first season so I too had a BSG-day (read all-nighter!) extravaganza. It really makes your head spin!

Mid-Season two is truly mind-blowing. The awesome thing about not watching live though, is you get to push pause, have some water, remind yourself to breathe, and on occasion, shake your head in utter disbelief. I know I did.

Been through the Pegasus arc yet? Cool

Pegasus arc...DAMN!!! I just finished season 2 and I am ITCHING to get season 3. Of course, I *have* seen S3, but I've forgotten a lot of stuff. Hubby thinks I need a break since we've been watching 4 hours of it a night. My head IS spinning, that's for sure.

I really really really DESPISE Baltar. Just looking at him makes me sick...literally. James Callis was *perfectly* cast.

And for the record, can I just say that Starbuck is THE most amazing bad-ass-mother-frakker female character of ALL TIME?!?! Cool Cool Cool
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:08 pm

I asked about the Pegasus arc because that was the turning point for me. I love this show before, but watching those episodes was literally breathtaking. As in, I actually had to stop watching when Sharon was about to be raped, I just couldn't deal with it; seeing Natalee actually made me wretch; having the boys in the Pegasus ready for execution had me nailed to the edge of my seat as did Starbuck's little mission. And then at the end, when the Admiral kisses the President and she can barely stand on her own? I just about died. After that, anything this show threw at me, I knew I'd handle it.

Like you, I also have to rewatch S3, I don't remember much of it beyond Collaborators. That said, I feel like the second part of that season has some of the most lackluster eps in the series. In fact, it was the last act of the season that sharpened my distaste for Michael Angelli's writing (I still haven't forgiven him for the horridness of The Woman King).

And I see your point about Starbuck but I have to say, The President owns everything and everyone when it comes to badassery in my book. Razz

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue May 19, 2009 9:20 am

Just finished S3!!! Well, again, but GAH! I love this show!!! Even if it IS over!!! Now, I must go buy Season 4.0. Why oh why must they split some seasons up and make you pay like $100 for the season?!?! Seriously now, it's frakking annoying! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue May 19, 2009 9:21 am

And on the Starbuck vs. Roslin note: STARBUCK KICKS THE MOST ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehe, just had to get that out...again. Wink Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Tue May 19, 2009 4:01 pm

I just finished watching the whole show. I like it cause its different. The camera work and the idea of show are so uniqe. Smile
I have to agree, Kara is a kickass character! Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat May 23, 2009 7:17 am

I have a request for those of you who watched BSG: DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY CLIPS FROM THE SHOW OR DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO DOES?

I am *DYING* to make a fanvid of Starbuck (with some Lee sprinkled in), but I don't have a clue as how to get the clips. I have messaged someone on YouTube who posted a vid with clips thru the series finale, but I haven't heard anything yet. If ANYONE has any info, it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sat May 23, 2009 7:32 am

Meegs82 wrote:I have a request for those of you who watched BSG: DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY CLIPS FROM THE SHOW OR DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO DOES?

I am *DYING* to make a fanvid of Starbuck (with some Lee sprinkled in), but I don't have a clue as how to get the clips. I have messaged someone on YouTube who posted a vid with clips thru the series finale, but I haven't heard anything yet. If ANYONE has any info, it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

I have only full epis... And i don't know how to take them apart .. LOL.
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat May 23, 2009 8:36 am

I'm exactly the same way, Cass! Ugh, sux.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sat May 23, 2009 9:15 am

Meegs82 wrote:I'm exactly the same way, Cass! Ugh, sux.

Yeah... *sigh*

But apparently there are some programs for that... Maybe you could PM jonezy. I am sure he is helping you.
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat May 23, 2009 10:48 am

Eh, full eps as well. Sorry Meegs! Crying or Very sad

But if you do get them and get the vid done (I'm sure you'll figure it out Wink ), make sure to drop us a link. I know I'd love to see it!

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat May 23, 2009 2:57 pm

I will, heiro. I found this site that says there is a "video mixer" for Battlestar at the Sci-Fi Channel website. Apparently, you can download clips and set them to your own music, BUT they make you "promise" you won't upload it to YouTube or any other video sharing site. Which, of course, defeats the whole purpose. Plus, I think the mixer no longer exists since the info was from 2007.

*sigh* I am off to message EVERY SINGLE YouTube user that made a BSG vid on my favorites!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun May 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Okay, so this is totally random, but I was watching the Season 4 premiere and I noticed something interesting that NOBODY mentioned or seemed to pay attention to: Kara's hair. I know it seems trivial, but when she flew into that storm in "Maelstrom," her hair was viper pilot short. And when she comes back to life, her hair has grown. Kara doesn't think it's weird even though she thinks she's only been gone for 6 hours. I realize that this isn't anything major, but it was bugging the HELL OUT OF ME. Her hair couldn't have even grown that much in the 2 1/2 months she was actually gone!

Just curious if anyone else ever noticed that. I didn't until now. My husband said that perhaps Katee put it in her contract that she was NOT going to cut her hair anymore. I know I would get sick of it.

Okay, rant over. Wink
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Mon May 25, 2009 12:53 am

Meegs82 wrote:Okay, so this is totally random, but I was watching the Season 4 premiere and I noticed something interesting that NOBODY mentioned or seemed to pay attention to: Kara's hair. I know it seems trivial, but when she flew into that storm in "Maelstrom," her hair was viper pilot short. And when she comes back to life, her hair has grown. Kara doesn't think it's weird even though she thinks she's only been gone for 6 hours. I realize that this isn't anything major, but it was bugging the HELL OUT OF ME. Her hair couldn't have even grown that much in the 2 1/2 months she was actually gone!

Just curious if anyone else ever noticed that. I didn't until now. My husband said that perhaps Katee put it in her contract that she was NOT going to cut her hair anymore. I know I would get sick of it.

Okay, rant over. Wink

LOL. Believe me Meegs, plenty of people noticed when it aired. Ever been to the TWoP Battlestar boards? They're actually pretty awesome (As are Jacob's recaps. If you ever have time, give them a read. The season 2 recaps particularly, are nothing short of epic!). But yeah, I think I remember a few posters going all head-scratch-y. For what it's worth, I think your husband is right. After what they had her do in S3, I wouldn't consider it a huge demand on Katee's part.

Also, I guess they could have covered it with a wig (as they did with Trisha's and Mary's) but I tend to think that they wanted the change to be noticeable. And she does look amazing with her long hair. Much more Angelic. Smile

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu May 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Hehehe..."much more Angelic," I like it! Wink
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2