Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

+25
future_anthro
TinkonBrink
bailey
dreamerktm411
virtualhorizon
jhi1005
Kasper
SnoopGirl
HermioneGirl101
i_heart_bones
treble21
Ankuuh
mereva
AMarty
bones fan 99
Lo
RubyRuby
Manjachka
LoveU2
katharine
DoctorB
mommahurley
joybrennan
crzy4bones
andreana22
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bones S6 Premiere: Watch it, Wait for Reactions, or Skip?

Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Vote_lcap62%Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 97 ]
Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Vote_lcap7%Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 11 ]
Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Vote_lcap28%Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 44 ]
Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Vote_lcap3%Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 156

Poll closed

Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Empty Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by andreana22 Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:39 am

People seem to be mixed as to whether to watch to recent promos featuring Booth, Bones and Hannah. Just curious about whether this is affecting peoples' plans to watch the season premiere as well.

Last edited by andreana22 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

andreana22
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Empty Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by crzy4bones Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:59 am

Watching it...and I am excited. I am not going to let other people's opinions decide my tv viewing habits...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip? Empty Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:21 pm

The promos just make me aware that my choice to skip it is the right one. If I feel this bad from reading about raghag and seeing promos, watching it would be total masochism. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:28 pm

crzy4bones wrote:Watching it...and I am excited. I am not going to let other people's opinions decide my tv viewing habits...

confused I don't think anyone is trying to influence anyone's viewing habits. Speaking for myself - I've decided not to watch based on how I feel about what's going on - and I've voiced my opinion how I feel, and why I think not watching is a good idea. Other people voice why they like what's happening and/or why they plan on watching. It's that why this is a forum?
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:45 pm

I'm watching it.

I've been all over the map with my feelings, but I've never considered not watching it. I've cursed the finale and praised many an episode. I've felt betrayed and thrilled at being totally surprised. I've been bored, and disappointed and I've been exstatic and excited. I expect that there will be some horrible things I will have to tolerate, but I believe that in the end, it will all be worth it. I still love this show. Until I no longer love it, I will watch it.

One thing I've learned in life..is you cannot really appreciate the good parts of life...until you've experienced and survived the bad. Feel them...let them in...survive them...and you really appreciate when life is good.

Same goes for the show. I'm not like some who say.".I'm in it to the end no matter what". I'm a realist..If it no longer appeals to me, I will slowly but surely lose interest and just wake up one day and say, "Oh ya Bones was on last night...Oh well,...maybe I'll watch it again one day..." .but I don't need to make any big statements that say..".Do it my way or I won't watch" or worse..call for boycotts, or insult or troll people who don't agree with me......I will watch, until it doesn't interest me anymore...and I'm hoping it will interest me till the end.

Right now, I'm feeling optimistic..

Last edited by mommahurley on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Oh and before I get a defensive response...I'm not directing this at anyone in particular...I can't even remember who had what opinion. Merely commenting on things in general I've experienced over the year+ I've been posting on here. My feelings.... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:50 pm

I won't be watching any episodes until I've read the responses from other fans - I have no desire to watch Booth and Hannah together whatsoever. I find it quite nauseating and the whole concept makes me upset. At least once the eps have aired and I've read the spoilers I can decide whether to watch and know what scenes to skip.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Okay, for those of you that aren't going to watch the premiere or until Hanah is gone - do you want a recap in the spoiler section?

I am going to watch it, I don't care about Hanah, she'll be gone sooner or later. I can't miss my Thursday night with DB.

I'll be glad to recap because I DVR the show as I am watching. Just let me know and I will hit the highlights, with maybe a few good lines here and there.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveU2 Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:39 pm

joybrennan wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:Watching it...and I am excited. I am not going to let other people's opinions decide my tv viewing habits...

confused I don't think anyone is trying to influence anyone's viewing habits. Speaking for myself - I've decided not to watch based on how I feel about what's going on - and I've voiced my opinion how I feel, and why I think not watching is a good idea. Other people voice why they like what's happening and/or why they plan on watching. It's that why this is a forum?
then why do you constantly voice your opinion on any positive post poeple make. again and again and again, its annoying. make your statement and go. don't worry. i'm gone back under my bridge now. haters gonna hate. whatever.

LoveU2

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveU2 Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:41 pm

katharine wrote:Okay, for those of you that aren't going to watch the premiere or until Hanah is gone - do you want a recap in the spoiler section?

I am going to watch it, I don't care about Hanah, she'll be gone sooner or later. I can't miss my Thursday night with DB.

I'll be glad to recap because I DVR the show as I am watching. Just let me know and I will hit the highlights, with maybe a few good lines here and there.
i bet every single one of the people who say there not going to watch do. save your time recapping. probably be right in the show discussion the night of. Rolling Eyes

LoveU2

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Manjachka Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Of course «WATCHING IT». DB and Booth/Hannah.
I can’t miss it!!! cheers cheers cheers
Manjachka
Manjachka
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : Booth/DB team
I love Booth/Hannah
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:06 pm

LoveU2 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

then why do you constantly voice your opinion on any positive post poeple make. again and again and again, its annoying. make your statement and go. don't worry. i'm gone back under my bridge now. haters gonna hate. whatever.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:58 pm

joybrennan wrote:
LoveU2 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Why do you contstantly voice yours?? Because its a public forum where one is allowed to make as many statements as they like. EVEN YOU are permitted to comment on other people's opinons as many times as you like. That is the nature of engaging in a discussion.

I cannot stand the fact that some people only watch the show because they think DB is god, hence his character can do no wrong, and nothing else matters, but just because "I" don't like it, it doesn't meant I'm going to tell those people to piss off and keep it to themselves. If you don't want to know what other people are thinking, DON'T READ what they write.

RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:43 pm

I honestly don't think we're going to see her overpower many episodes maybe the one she initially makes her first appearance, but I feel like no episode is overpoweringly focused on one thing. So i feel personally she will probably end up having maybe two to eight minutes an episode... not much out of an hour long show.

In short...

Watching.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:08 pm

LoveU2 wrote:
katharine wrote:Okay, for those of you that aren't going to watch the premiere or until Hanah is gone - do you want a recap in the spoiler section?

i bet every single one of the people who say there not going to watch do. save your time recapping. probably be right in the show discussion the night of. Rolling Eyes

I can guarantee I won't be watching it because I live in another country.

Normally I download it as soon as the ep airs but I won't be doing that until I've read the recap to know if it's worth my time Smile I am sure I'm not the only one.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:12 pm

mommahurley wrote:I'm watching it.

I've been all over the map with my feelings, but I've never considered not watching it. I've cursed the finale and praised many an episode. I've felt betrayed and thrilled at being totally surprised. I've been bored, and disappointed and I've been exstatic and excited. I expect that there will be some horrible things I will have to tolerate, but I believe that in the end, it will all be worth it. I still love this show. Until I no longer love it, I will watch it.

One thing I've learned in life..is you cannot really appreciate the good parts of life...until you've experienced and survived the bad. Feel them...let them in...survive them...and you really appreciate when life is good.

sooo agree!!
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:01 pm

I had to go with 'Don't Know Yet'. I am a relatively recent viewer of Bones, picked up the seasons 1-4 disks earlier this year and enjoyed them. I missed the first half of S5 and had to go back for them online after it was over.

I'm one of those that thinks the Moonlighting curse is a myth that they use to excuse poor writing. I was so glad to see that Bones seemed to be breaking through that and moving towards a real relationship with mature people doing mature things. To me, EP 100 and the SO storyline simply illustrate that HH is just a hack writer like the rest of them, perhaps a very good one - afraid to actually do something of real value in the long run. Some times these days, I think it is HH that has the tumor and not Booth.

I used to watch House when it first started but by the end of the second season they were already drifting off into some areas that did not interest me anymore, so haven't seen it since. I'm beginning to feel the same way about Bones, already, and wish I wasn't.

Think what I'll do for the first 5 or 6 EPs is break out my Thin Man (Nick and Nora Charles) dvd's on Thursday nights. If the comments here show some sense of sanity returning to the show, I'll be happy to rush right back to the party. If it takes more EPs than that, I have my 'Tales of the Gold Monkey' and 'Hart to Hart' dvd's to get me through the season.

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:32 pm

LoveU2 wrote:

i bet every single one of the people who say there not going to watch do. save your time recapping. probably be right in the show discussion the night of. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
And you'll bet wrong. Because I won't watch a single episode until SOB is history.

@katharine: I would appreciate a recap, thank you. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Im gonna watch. I need to see everything what happens myself. So that if I want to fit I know whats going on Wink.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:06 pm

katherine, there will be a recap in the show discussion thread (for the premiere anyway), But if you want to do one in here so that people can discuss the recap in terms of spoilers, that might be a good idea.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm still totally baffled that fans of the show would choose to skip it, because the plot line isn't tailored to exactly what they want??
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by andreana22 Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:55 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:I'm still totally baffled that fans of the show would choose to skip it, because the plot line isn't tailored to exactly what they want??

I'm in the "wait and see" group, but I think I can speak for those who are skipping. If the reason you watch the show is the B&B interactions, it's going to be hard to watch Booth moving on. I still have a hard time watching the Sully episodes and this is starting to sound like it's moving in that direction.

I hate to say it, but there are a lot of other shows out there that are not afraid to explore UST or where there is more balance between UST and the other plotlines and characters. I love the characters, but last season, I was so hyped up on "will the or won't they" that it was heartbreaking when they didn't. It just feels like more of the same in the premiere. I know, spoilers don't tell you the whole story, but my feeling of dread when I hear about the promos is making me hesitant to jump back on that horse again.

andreana22
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:02 pm

andreana22 wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:I'm still totally baffled that fans of the show would choose to skip it, because the plot line isn't tailored to exactly what they want??

I'm in the "wait and see" group, but I think I can speak for those who are skipping. If the reason you watch the show is the B&B interactions, it's going to be hard to watch Booth moving on. I still have a hard time watching the Sully episodes and this is starting to sound like it's moving in that direction.

I hate to say it, but there are a lot of other shows out there that are not afraid to explore UST or where there is more balance between UST and the other plotlines and characters. I love the characters, but last season, I was so hyped up on "will the or won't they" that it was heartbreaking when they didn't. It just feels like more of the same in the premiere. I know, spoilers don't tell you the whole story, but my feeling of dread when I hear about the promos is making me hesitant to jump back on that horse again.

I have a hard time watching the Sully episodes at first-- but once you get past the Sully aspect, they're actually good episodes. Bodies in the Book? Wouldn't miss it for the world. And that's why I'll be watching these S6 episodes that feature Hannah. Sure, I already hate Hannah with a burning passion, but we know that she isn't going to be here forever, and past her, the episodes will probably be great. Plus, I can't wait for Brennnan discovering that she loves Booth.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Baffled? Well... You see, it depends of why do you actually watch some particular programs/TV shows.
I usually watch 'my' TV shows after a hard working day, lots of household chore and other daily routine. I watch a show to entertain me, to rest for a short time in the evening, maybe to distract me a little bit from some problems, but surely NOT to get worked up about some unpleasant storylines. I've got enough real life events/problems to think about, so I won't add another nerve-wracking factor, especially when I know that it surely will make me sad and depressed.
And that's exactly why I won't watch Bones until SOB is gone. To actually see her and Booth on-screen all lovey-dovey would (and will, if I'll watch it) make me sick to my stomach, I probably would cry... Do I really need it? NO. So I better wait another 3-4 months to watch it again. Don't see any need to torture myself.

That's why I won't watch it. It absolutely doesn't mean that everybody should feel or do the same. Of course not. But I'd like another viewers to accept my decision to NOT watch it just like I accept their decision to do so.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:25 pm

Yes! I will be watching!!!

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next