Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSG: Anyone else watching?

+2
Meegs82
heirofloki
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BSG: Anyone else watching? Empty BSG: Anyone else watching?

Post by heirofloki Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 am

I was wondering if I'm the only one here who's basically counting down the hours 'till Friday 9 EST, when the Battlestar Galactica Series finale is slated to air.

So, am I the only one? Anyone else here readying RDM voodoo dolls biting their nails in anticipation of the (most likely heartwrenching) finale?

Anyone? Bueller?

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

BSG: Anyone else watching? Empty Re: BSG: Anyone else watching?

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Bueller here! Smile Oh, I am most definitely sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting til Friday! I just can't believe that they are going to tie up everything in 1 episode. Is it a 2-hour finale, do you know? I couldn't believe that last week's episode had flashbacks (not that I didn't like it). It's just, why are we getting the past when there are SO many questions to answer in the present? But I am thoroughly enjoying.

Do you think Starbuck is a hybrid? That's what my hubby and I think.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:19 pm

Yay, I'm not alone! Razz

It is a 2 hour finale, starting at 9, mind you. I don't think that they are going to tie everything up in the finale, even if it is two-hours long. A few things, Ron has said, will be left ambiguous. Now, he also mentioned that the most pressing questions will be answered in the finale (don't ask me how *gah!*) so, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hee! I hear you on the flashbacks. I didn't mind them though. I mean, *sigh* I like that we're getting a sense of "return" now, at the end of the run, because as TPTB have repeatedly beat us over the head with, "All this has happened before, and it will happen again". So I'm good with the flashbacks. And they did provide some answers, even if not to our more pressing quesitons (why was Baltar so trusting of Six? How did Laura become so adept at handling tragedy? How did Starbuck/Apollo began their thoroughly insane relationship?).

Dude! Starbuck is sooo Daniel's daughter, is not even funny. Razz At least, that's where my money's at. That's one question Moore and Co. better not leave unanswered.

I have no idea how I'm going to sit still through the final two hours of this show. The last episode had me at the brink of tears and I fear these final ones might just push me over.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:32 am

I never watched it, but I saw a special on the SciFi channel about making the finale - kinda made me wish I had! Looks like it's been really good.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:22 am

Joins the club.

Sits in the circle.

I just wonder how they are going to wrap it up with so little time left and fear I'm not gonna like where it ends.

Also is it wrong of me to hope for some good Kara and Lee moments. I miss the interaction between the two of them. I don't care what they are doing... let em have at least one heartfelt buddy moment.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4792

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:08 am

phoebsfan wrote:Joins the club.

Sits in the circle.

I just wonder how they are going to wrap it up with so little time left and fear I'm not gonna like where it ends.

Also is it wrong of me to hope for some good Kara and Lee moments. I miss the interaction between the two of them. I don't care what they are doing... let em have at least one heartfelt buddy moment.

Hee. Now we need a password or something. Razz

Seriosly though, I'm fully prepared for the finale to be an absolute bloody mess. Literally. Like, I don't expect anyone to come out unscathed, so if anybody does, to me that'll be a bonus. And you're not wrong to hope for K/L moments. I was actually hoping the same but with all the Roslin-Adama family involved. A tiny flash of kindness before the universe swallows them whole (Sorry for the gloominess but yeah, bloody mess).

And now, If I may geekout: You guys see this? [Only admins are allowed to see this link] The president of the Colonies and the Admiral of the Fleet addressing the UN. Does the awesomeness of this show know any bounds? *fangirls*

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:07 pm

What a fun little club! Smile hehehe

YES!!! Starbuck is Daniel's daughter!!! That's what I told hubby when we *first* saw him playing the piano. I said "that's Daniel and he isn't really there." Then, after about 10 minutes, I said, "And Starbuck is totally Daniel's daughter." Very Happy That is my favorite episode of this season. Kara really makes the show for me.

Oh, and I liked the flashbacks a lot. They gave me a better perspective on things. We *finally* got to see Lee's brother. I mean, we knew he died, but we actually see that he and Kara are together. As far as Starbuck&Apollo having an "insane relationship"...you said it! Perfect way to sum it up, and I too would LOVE some K&L/S&A moments in the finale! In fact, if there aren't any, I'm gonna be PISSED!

And yes, I too am bracing myself for some serious carnage. I mean, HOW many people died during the mutiny? People are dying left and right and this final mission is going to be no exception. I just wonder who of the main characters are not going to make it. My guesses would be 1. Roslin 2. Adama 3. Helo 4. Saul (maybe). I just kinda thought of them off the top of my head. Although, I wish they'd kill Tory off. Dear GOD, I cannot stand her!!!

Okay, I could go on and on, but I shall stop Very Happy I have yet to watch the behind-the-scenes special, but I imagine it will be fab!

And now, I will sit patiently for the "bloody mess" that awaits.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 pm

DBCrazy wrote:I never watched it, but I saw a special on the SciFi channel about making the finale - kinda made me wish I had! Looks like it's been really good.
haha i was exactly the same. i was thinking i should have started watching the show a while ago...maybe i would be able to watch the finale and know what going on...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:29 am

I think everyone is going to die. Least that way if someone lives I'll be pleasantly surprised. Thus the this has all happened before and it will happen again.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:53 pm

No, man. If they kill Helo, they better also take Athena and Hera off the survivors list. Those 3 are probably the only ones in the entire fleet who have proved themselves to be deserving of happiness, over and over and over throughout the series. So if they're gonna kill one, they should just kill off all three and at least we can fanwank that they walked together once again in Valhalla.

Of course, this has all been filmed, and tonight I'm probably gonna get my heart unceremoniously plucked out of my chest. Again. Some more.

*sigh* I'm gonna miss this show. Only 20 hours to go.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Just finished watching the special with my hubby. Fabulous! Can I just say how much I absolutely LOVE Katee Sackhoff? Funny that they spelled her name wrong towards the end when she was talking about hating Starbuck. THAT is why I'm becoming an English teacher. Razz Anywho, it was so great to see all the behind-the-scenes stuff and get perspectives on things from everyone from the creator to the cast to the music supervisor. And the fact that they have all become a family and how sad they are that they are not going to see that family every day, well, it just makes me wanna cry! But happy tears 'cuz I would absolutely LOVE to have an opportunity to work on a show like this.

Can't wait for tonight!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:40 pm

I need to sleep before I can properly input. Still, The Agathons live! YAY!!

And Roslin. God. I don't...I don't wanna talk about that.

Sooo. What did you all think?

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:23 pm

I cried for poor Lee and Kara... and even Anders made me sad... but he did get what he wanted... Roslin made my heart break...

For far too long I thought Helo had died and was so relieved to find out he hadn't.

It was amazing.

And I thought the ending was perfect. All this has happened before... does it have to happen again?
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:31 pm

I cried silent tears when Roslin died. I *KNEW* it was coming, but oh my goodness, how sad! Sad I absolutely LOVED it. After Lee and Kara said goodbye to Adama and waved to Roslin, I said out loud, "alright, now you two go make babies! The human race needs that!" Of course, I knew that wasn't going to happen, but I kinda wanted them to have a happy ending. But have we determined exactly WHAT Starbuck was? Angel?

And the ending was PERFECTION. I thought they might do the whole, "oh, this has all happened and *will* happen again thing." SOO happily surprised to hear the "this has all happened, *DOES* it have to happen again?" thing.

And now I'm sad 'cuz I shall miss the show. Looking forward to the 2-hour event this fall..."The Plan."
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:32 pm

P.S. I was wondering about Helo for a while there, too. I thought he would live, though.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:45 am

Ok. I have to preface this by stating that I'm a little emotional right now. This show killed me last night, for so many reasons. I have two big ones though, that I never talk about. But all day today I've been feeling like bursting into tears, so I might as well get it over with here. They do say writing is good therapy...

First the easy one: Roslin. I started watching this show at my brother's behest, right before the start of season 2. By the mid-season, we were both convinced that the character of Roslin had been loosely based on our mother: Same practical mind, same quiet demeanor, same strength; no air-locking (thank God!) but same cancer. Having said that, the scene in last week's episode when she's sitting in sick-bay, putting on wig was pretty hard to watch. This week, when she started having trouble breathing, not that much easier. It was...I don't know. I don't usually admit how much I miss miss my mum on any given day (she's alive, for which I'm immensely grateful, but I don't get to see her much). Last night however, seeing Roslin die opened a can of worms I usually keep in perfect un-dented condition, stored in an air-tight container, inside a safe box in the dark corner of my mental pantry. It was extremely hard to disassociate, and a part of me kept going, "That's my mum". No tv show should be allow to affect anyone that much. But then this one's been frakking with my head for four years, so what's a cherry on top of that pie?

The second big reason, to which I never have confessed before. For the past three years, my life has oddly resembled the life of the rag-tag fleet. No sexy cylons in hot pursuit, mind you, but I've lived in six different places in three different countries in, yes, three years. It's a lot less fun than it sounds. Yesterday in fact, as turned out to be my luck, I vacated apartment number five and took off to yet another foreign (to me) city; now I'm flanked by a new bed and a small stack of boxes in a place I won't call home for long. That's why whenever the fact was brought up that the fleet kept running around with pretty much the clothes on their backs and whatever they could put in a suit-case, I felt a sense of kinship. 'Cause yeah, I know what that's like. Small routines get you by when you live like that, keep you from feeling lonely and isolated. Keep you connected to yourself, your sense of home. This show was one such routine for me. The ritual of watching the show on my computer (if out of the States) then calling my brother to gab about it and rewatch it together had become a constant in my life for these insane three years. Seeing it end, albeit beautifully, has left me feeling slightly homeless. Happy yet heartbroken.

Other than that, Ron Moore, you magnificent bastard. You've earned your place with the great ones. Thank your for such beautiful, relentless, smart, insane, heartbreaking, thought-provoking television. Your writing (and your hilarious podcasts) will be sorely missed.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:59 am

Meegs82 wrote: After Lee and Kara said goodbye to Adama and waved to Roslin, I said out loud, "alright, now you two go make babies! The human race needs that!" Of course, I knew that wasn't going to happen, but I kinda wanted them to have a happy ending. But have we determined exactly WHAT Starbuck was? Angel?

hahahaha... I said that too. I thought it was pretty sad that everyone just left Lee. I really wanted those two to have a happy ending with all that they'd been through.

oh and Gaylen... my gosh... kill me now that was so sad... leaving humanity and cylon alike to be alone for the rest of his days.... sad.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Wow, heiro, this show must have been an incredible emotional rollercoaster ride. But it sounds like it was someting that kept you grounded, so that is good. I hope you'll be okay, though! Smile So sorry about your mom. The Roslin storyline must have been incredibly tough. You're certainly made of some thick skin, sounds like! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:51 pm

And yeah, everyone left Lee! I was kinda shocked when Kara said she couldn't stay either. But I SOOO saw her disappearance coming 'cuz the camera shifted to Lee and focused on him as he went on about "exploring" and then as it cut back, she was gone. Knowing how camera angles work kinda helps Wink Still...WHAT IN THE HELL *WAS* STARBUCK?!?! Are we just supposed to fill in the missing link ourselves? Really thought she was gonna be Daniel's daughter/hybrid. Regardless, I still LOVED the end of a fantastic series!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:10 am

Kara was an angel sent back to lead them to their new home.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:59 am

phoebsfan wrote:Kara was an angel sent back to lead them to their new home.

That's the way YOU see it. Smile Actually, there is a very interesting interview with Ronald Moore. I'll post the link. He "explains" the whole Kara thing:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

God, this show is good!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Yeah, I'm still not sure how I feel on the Kara thing. I would say I'll rewatch, but I can't bring myself to. Not yet. It's too frakking depressing. *sigh* I need Bones to come back fast. lol. One thing I totally did hate about the finale? The Coda. I get it, they wanted the image of Six and Baltar walking in the midst of a modern-day Earth-city. And I know, it's hard to let go of such hard-set ideas as the finale of your show, but they could have had all of that without the cute robots (which were very un-subtle and unnecessary, IMO). And most of all, RDM? I love you, but your well-known visage is a bit (read hugely) distracting and not the thing to have in the last scene of your show ever.

Eh, sorry. I'm not ranting, I'm really not. I don't mind the ambivalence of the finale for the most part and I doubt that any other finale would have been satisfactory for this show. I keep thinking, what could have they done differently? And nada. Nothing comes to mind.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:43 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:27 pm

I now cannot begin to fathom how I NEVER watched the first 2 seasons of Battlestar. Hubby bought me the first season for my birthday and we mdae it through the entire DVD set in like 2 days. So, now I am halfway through season 2 and like I said, I cannot believe that I haven't seen these seasons.

BEST...SHOW...EVER!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:57 am

LOL Meegs. I know the feeling. I got onboard by the end of the first season so I too had a BSG-day (read all-nighter!) extravaganza. It really makes your head spin!

Mid-Season two is truly mind-blowing. The awesome thing about not watching live though, is you get to push pause, have some water, remind yourself to breathe, and on occasion, shake your head in utter disbelief. I know I did.

Been through the Pegasus arc yet? Cool

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next