Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case or cake? - rated k+ - humour/fluff -by CheeseBk

+10
Cassiopeia
Polygirl
mrsdavidboreanaz
EDDB
ggjunkie33
katarina
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
willgirl
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Case or cake? - rated k+ - humour/fluff -by CheeseBk - Page 4 Empty Re: Case or cake? - rated k+ - humour/fluff -by CheeseBk

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:03 am

**pats Cheese in the back and speaks softly**

It's OK Cheese no need to get so flustered or raise your voice! we soo understand your need to be Evil and have come to terms with with; of course it wasn't an easy task.
We shall live and wait for you to post the next chappie!

Love Turi

:arrow:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Evil or Very Mad
Evil or Very Mad
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
NOW WHEN ARE WE TO EXPECT THE NEXT CHAPPIE TO BE POSTED!!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Case or cake? - rated k+ - humour/fluff -by CheeseBk - Page 4 Empty Re: Case or cake? - rated k+ - humour/fluff -by CheeseBk

Post by ToZiKa Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:20 am

what more can I say?
you wrote exactly what I wanted to yell.....or scream....or whatever.....

new chapter?
please?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:22 am

haha, you're all so well-mannered. The next chapter should be up by tomorrow Wink
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nane Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:57 am

EVIL CHEESE, YOU’RE SO MEAN! WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR! WHERE IS THE REST! HOW DOES SHE REACT! YOU CAN’T DO THAT!

....that´s all there is to say....;-)
Nane
Nane
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1035

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:17 am

ditto
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:44 pm

awww, thanks for the yelling, nane!
don't worry, I'll update soon.
Thanks for your reviews, nane, ventigirl, toz and turi
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:42 pm

here we gooooooooooo, as promised!
______________________________________________-

Why?

She remained silent for some time but she did not take her hand out of his and he counted it as a small victory, that his words had not caused her to flee. Booth watched her, saw how her tongue flicked out to moisten her lips before answering. ‘God’, he thought ‘when did all this suddenly turn to slow motion?’

Finally, she opened her mouth and said: “Why?”

His jaw dropped. Trust Bones to react… differently…. “Why?” He repeated lamely. What was he supposed to answer now? Count off all the little things, the little quirks and habits that made her so unique and precious to him?

“Why are you wasting your feelings one someone like me?” She elaborated, her voice not quite steady.

He’d been stunned before, but now he was … Was there a word existing to describe how he just felt? He didn’t think so. “Wasting?” He repeated.
‘Seeley, you’re not a parrot.’ He told himself. ‘Stop repeating everything she says!’ All the internal scolding flew out the metaphorical window, when his mouth opened again and he said : “Someone like you?”
‘Damn it, your son spoke in longer sentences when he was three years old!’ Somehow the voice in his head still had access to full vocabulary. He had not. He simply looked at the woman in front of him, wondering what had led her to the – WRONG!!! - conclusion, that his feelings were wasted on her.

Thankfully she did not seem to require an answer from him… yet. “I mean, look… I’m not good at dealing with people. I’m not a good friend… whenever Angela comes to me with a problem, she has to tell me, what to tell her, so that she feels better. I’m not good at this. Not good at …. loving somebody. I don’t even really believe in love…. It’s irrational. “

“That doesn’t make it less real”. Booth answered. He was somehow proud of himself for having been able to speak a whole sentence.

“Booth,…. You deserve somebody who understands you. Who knows how to be there for you… who isn’t emotionally impaired….” Her voice trailed off and she had to swallow against the lump that formed in her throat and she averted her gaze.

“God, Temperance. You’re the one who understands me best, don’t you know that? And that thing about being emotionally impaired?” Booth said, his voice soft. His hand moved to her face, gently lifting her chin to meet her gaze. “Look at me. I know you , Bones. You’re just fine, there is nothing wrong with you.”

“Then why did you tell Michelle things were complicated with me? Why did you think I wouldn’t be ready? Why did you tell her you couldn’t … push me?” She asked, her voice thick with emotion.

“I was afraid, I’d screw things up.” Booth cleared his throat. “Temperance…. You’re special, you’re important to me. I want you in my life… and if it’s just being friends… than I can live with that. But I don’t want you to… avoid me because I have feelings for you. And they are definitely not wasted, whatever you say.” His voice was steadier now, his eyes fixed on her. He knew this was a crucial point… he needed to convince that stubborn, clueless woman in front of him, that he needed her… no matter what.

She looked into his sincere, brown eyes and the strange flutter she’d felt in her stomach since she’d been listening in on him and Michelle seemed to get stronger.

“I don’t understand.” She whispered. “When did this happen?”

“I don’t know.” Booth answered truthfully. “But is it important?”

“I want to understand it.” She said, still staring into his eyes, the warm, fluttering sensation increasing even more.

“Why don’t you leave the squint in the lab? You can’t dissect and analyse everything. Just… accept it, would you? If you don’t ...” he stopped and swallowed hard “If you just want to remain friends, that’s what we’ll be…. But don’t shut me out now, please. I need you.”

“I did not even notice.” She murmured, stunned. “Booth, I’m so sorry.”

His heart sank, he was sure she was going to tell him now, that she did not feel the same… and despite what he had told her, he would be devastated if she now told him that she wanted to be just friends. Somehow all that time with him knowing he felt more for her, but not telling her, had been a reprieve. There had always been the chance that she’d be ready for him someday…. But this… he knew, this was going to be definite. This was going to be yes or no. Love or friendship. He felt somehow numb inside.

“I should have … seen the change, shouldn’t I?” She asked, her question obviously rhetorical, but he still answered. “I didn’t want to let you know… not yet.”

She shook her head. “No, Booth. Not only you. Us. I … changed too and I didn’t see it. You’re always there for me and I just took it for granted. But… if you’d go away now, I couldn’t bear it, I just couldn’t.”

“I’m not going anywhere.” He answered cautiously.

“That’s good. Because I need you too.” Brennan answered, her voice low. “I don’t know the first thing about loving somebody, Booth. But I know this is more than friendship.”

His heart beat as if he’d just run a marathon and he felt his hands shake a little, as he brought them to her face, framed it with them. “Yes, it is.” He murmured and decided that he just had to kiss her. If she was going to kick his ass for it later, he’d be able to bear it.
Slowly he closed the distance between them… and when he saw that she closed her eyes in anticipation of the kiss, his heart beat even faster. When his lips met hers, he felt how her arms slid around him and his heart swelled. He had no idea how long the kiss lasted, but it was too short. He was sure of that…. It felt so good, he was convinced he could kiss her forever. She broke the kiss, gasping for air and he felt her shudder against him.

Brennan closed her eyes to savour the feeling of his and her heart pounding violently, of his taste, of his lips on hers and she suddenly knew without doubt, that this was more than friendship and more than lust. She didn’t know if it was love, but it was THEM. And she wouldn’t trade it for the world.

“This was way better than at Christmas.” She whispered hoarsely.
He let out a soft chuckle. “You said it was like kissing your brother.” He held her against him and he decided, that she felt perfect in his arms.

“I lied. It was a great kiss, Booth. But this was …. more. I think I could get used to this.” The forensic anthropologist said…. and the FBI agent holding her let out a breath he’d been holding without conscious thought.

“So, you’re not shutting me out? You … want this?” He had to ask, though he didn’t want to, he wanted to take what she was offering, wanted to kiss her senseless, but he had to know. He had to be sure, she was not going to bolt.

“I want you.” She stated, her voice breathless, raw and just damn sexy and the words sent a jolt through him.

“God, Temperance, be careful with what you say … especially with that voice.” He drew in a ragged breath… and heard her chuckle. “Not here, Booth. Not that I’d mind the nature, but I guess we need to go back soon.”

“Damn it, Bones.” He shook his head. “You’re planting vivid images here in my head.”

“Is that so?” Her voice was amused now. “Sorry.”

“You didn’t mean that.” He accused her with a grin on his face.

“You’re right, I didn’t. I’m not sorry. It feels very good to be able to get you all worked out.” She grinned at him.

“Worked up.” He corrected her. “And you manage that just fine. About the worked out… we’re going to see about that.” He made a fake doubtful face and she pinched his arm. “Oh, you’re going to beg for mercy.” She promised. Her words made his pulse shoot through the roof, but at the challenging look in her eyes, a wave of tenderness washed through him. “I’m a lucky man.” He said sincerely and kissed her again. Thoroughly.

When he pulled back, they were both breathless and he knew she was just as worked up as he was. “Time to go back.” He said. “Before they come looking for us.”
He rose and smiled down at her. Held out a hand to help her to her feet. And though she knew it was irrational, she took it…. and held on to it for longer than necessary during their walk back to the house.

“You’re going to let me have a look at your feet, when we’re back.” She stated. “Now that we don’t have those pressing matters at hand anymore.”

He snorted and had to grin. She was really something. And he had kissed her and there was the prospect of more kissing leading to… yeah, well, more. A lucky man, indeed.

Okay, now please let me know what you think. You think it was in character? Did you like it?
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:56 pm

finally a chapter that requires no yelling......that's good.....
although I wanted to yell at Brennan when she asked 'why?'......
I liked that Booth was so nervous that he couldn't form a whole sentence and it was nice that Bones didn't run away or tried to behave as if nothing happend.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:11 pm

aw, thanks for your review, toz... glad you liked it.
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 am

yes, no more yelling just a long soft , awwwwwwwwwwwwww
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:57 am

and I even said that I liked it.....I'm proud of me now....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nane Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:36 am

Ahhhhhh *swoon* finally.......
JUST LOVE IT....you are spoiling us!!!!
Nane
Nane
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:26 pm

me, spoiling you? oh-oh... Can't have that Wink *lol*

I'll try to update soon... thank you for the reviews, sweeties!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:04 am

Thank you for your reviews, for your nice words…. You really, really rock!

I hope you’ll like the following chapter too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Band-aid

“Booth, stop!” Brennan ordered, when they were standing on the porch, just a moment before her partner had a chance to step inside.

He turned around and looked at her, one eyebrow lifted. “I’m not a horse.”

“I’m very aware of that.” The woman stated and he had to suppress a smile at her serious retort.

“Why do I have to stop?” He asked.

“Because I think your mother wouldn’t appreciate blood all over her kitchen floor. You’re right foot is bleeding, I guess you cut yourself.” She explained. Being a man, he of course had to balance on his left foot to examine the sole of his right one, constantly struggling to keep himself upright on one foot. Brennan rolled her eyes and gestured towards a chair. “Sit.” She ordered again and he obeyed, but let out a half-frustrated. “Neither am I a dog.”

“Since when do you have to reassure yourself you’re not an animal? You should practice standing on one leg, by the way… Balance can be trained and it’s good for your coordination.” She stated matter-of-factly.

“My coordination is fine, okay?” He shook his head and wondered how they had managed to switch from kissing and holding hands to bickering so easily. Though he had to admit it was kind of sexy. ‘I’ll show you animal’ he thought and had to force himself not to grin cockily, while she examined his foot.

“I need to clean this.” She said, crouching in front of him, examining the cut. “Where do your parents keep a first aid kit?”

“Bathroom, the right drawer.” He explained and she nodded. “Okay, I’ll be right back. Just stay.”

He watched her hurry into the house and scowled a little. “Stop, Sit, Stay.” He murmured to himself. “Not a damn dog.” Though he might be able to wag his tail for her…. The cocky grin he had been able to contain earlier now stole on his face.

“Why are you grinning, Daddy?” He heard his son’s voice from beside him.

“Jesus, don’t sneak up on me like that.” Seeley Booth smiled at his son. “I’m in a good mood, that’s why I am grinning.”

“Okay.” His son simply said. “Why are you sitting here, Daddy?”

“I cut my foot and I don’t want to get blood all over the floor. Can you imagine how your Granny would react?” Booth asked.

Parker nodded. “Uh-uh. She doesn’t like it at all when you make something dirty… Does it hurt?” The boy asked and gave the blood a fearful look.

“Nah, buddy, it’s not that bad. Bones is going to clean it and put a band aid on it and there’s that…” He said.

“Where is she?” His son asked. Some day, Booth mused, the world would run out of question marks, because his son had used them all up.

“Upstairs, getting the first aid kit.” He explained and ruffled his son’s hair.

“Can I have a band aid too?” Parker asked hopefully.

“No, we’re not just using the band aids when we don’t need them, buddy.” Booth shook his head.

“But Granny has those band aids with Mickey Mouse and stuff on them.” Parker said, pouting.

“No, Parks. If we’re using all the band aids maybe we don’t have any left when we really need them.”

His son merely shrugged. “Then we buy new ones.”

“Buddy, we can’t just buy anything you want whenever you want, you know that. Daddy has to earn the money first. You understand, right?” Booth explained patiently.

“Uh-uh.” Parker sighed. “Can Bones buy them? Cause mommy says she’s got the money.” He gave his father a hopeful look. Booth’s eyes widened for a moment, then he shook his head. “No, buddy. We’re still not buying things we don’t need, okay? And we’re not talking about other people’s money, that’s not polite.”

When Temperance Brennan came back down and was just about to leave the house , she was treated with the sight of Seeley and Parker Booth in what seemed to be a very manly father-to-son conversation. She stopped in the doorway, just out of their sight and thought that the two of them were making a very nice picture. However, what came out of Parker’s mouth next, shocked her a little. “But she’s not other people, she’s your girl. Mommy said that.”

“Mommy says a lot, doesn’t she?” Booth muttered glumly.

“Uh-uh, she does” Parker rambled on immediately. “She’s talking a lot, just like the girls at school. Is Bones your girl, Daddy?”

Seeley Booth gave his son a long look and hesitated for a moment. “Yeah, buddy. She’s my girl. But you know, she doesn’t like to be called a girl and she’s not going to be thrilled to be called mine either. So you’re just going to keep that to yourself, okay?”

“Like a secret?” Parker asked, his eyes big.

“Yeah, like a secret, Parks.” His father nodded solemnly. “I can count on you, buddy?”

The boy gave him a conspiratorial nod that had his blond hair bobbing up and down. “Yes, daddy.”

“That’s my little hero.” Booth winked at his son. “Now have you seen Manny today?”

Temperance Brennan stood in the doorway, still a little numb. He’d called her his girl. The feminist in her should be insulted…. But the explanation to his son had been very sweet and instead of feeling annoyed she felt…. Pleased. She briefly closed her eyes at her own irrational behaviour and decided that now was the time to reappear. After all, Booth’s foot needed treatment.

The forensic anthropologist stepped outside towards her partner and his son and was greeted by matching smiles on both of their faces. She smiled back at them, a natural reaction. “Good morning, Parker.”

“Morning, Bones. You’re making daddy’s foot okay again?” The blond boy asked.

“I have to clean it and then cover it, so it can heal. You want to help me?” She asked and sat down in front of her partner. Parker nodded eagerly. The FBI agent had to smile when she gently took his foot into her lap, careful not to get blood on her jeans. He really didn’t mind getting hurt when a certain squint was going to take care of him afterwards.

“Would you hand me the hydrogen peroxide, Parker?” Brennan addressed the six-year-old, without looking up from Booth’s injured foot. The boy gave his father a confused look. Booth had to grin and wordlessly pointed at a white bottle. The boy grabbed it and held it out to Brennan. Obediently he also passed her dabbers and whatever she requested. “You’re a great assistant.” Brennan commented and Parker beamed at her.

“Can I pick the band-aid?” He asked eagerly.

“Sure. Just make sure it’s big enough to cover the cut.” She nodded and watched him scowl in concentration taking in the different designs. She had no clue why anybody would need band aids with different designs on them… a band aid was a band aid. It was supposed to protect a wound from outer influence, not to look good. But obviously choosing the right design was important to Parker. She very much doubted that Booth cared about what kind of cartoon figure was going to be sticking to the underside of this foot, where nobody would see it anyway. But still, he was watching his son with a warm smile and was waiting patiently for him to make his pick. Well, so could she.

After some time, Parker finally presented a large band aid with Donald Duck on it. “This one.”

“Alright.” She said and made a show of administering the band aid over the shallow cut on Booth’s foot. “There you go, as good as new.”

“Thanks Bones.” Booth winked at her. “You’re going to kiss it better, too?”

She snorted. “I seriously doubt it would make a difference. And I’m not going to kiss your feet.”

“Mommy always kisses it better, when I hurt myself.” Parker commented helpfully.

“Bones?” Booth grinned at her, wiggling his toes.

“Well, I’m not his mommy, Parker… so I guess it’s not my place anyway. But you go ahead if you want.” Brennan suppressed a smile when she saw the shocked look on the boy’s face.

“Ew.” Parker voiced his opinion on kissing feet.

“I guess your dad’s man enough to bear the pain.” A male voice from the doorway startled them all.

Jared Booth was standing there, his arms crossed in front of his chest, a smile on his face that did not quite reach his eyes. “Parks, you’re Granny was asking for you, she’s in the kitchen. I need a word with your Daddy and his…. partner.”

Parker shot his father a quick look. “Go on in and find your Grandma, buddy.” Booth told his son. The boy took off, already looking forward to the chocolate treat his grandmother surely had in stock for him.

Jared Booth waited until his nephew had vanished inside, then he closed the door behind him and scowled at his brother. In an icy voice he asked. “What have you done to Michelle?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo, please let me know how you like this chapter. Reviews make my day! Thanks!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:39 am

I liked it very much.....Parker and Booth together are really cute and the talk about Brennan being Booth's girl was nice.....and her reaction too.
And now Booth has a Donald Duck band-aid under his foot....big and strong FBI Special Agent with Donald Duck stuck to his foot.... Laughing
I bet he is looking cute with it.....

Can't wait to read more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:13 am

awwww cute
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Thank you for your reviews, sweeties!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tears and Kisses

“What we have done to her?” Seeley Booth blinked in astonishment. “You should ask what that shrink of yours did to us.”

Jared’s eyes narrowed. “Shrink?”

“Yeah. She told me she minored in psychology. And she meddled with us.” Booth gestured from himself to Brennan who was sitting in front of him.

“Ah.” Jared made. “Still, why is my wife currently upstairs, crying and just muttering your names whenever I ask her what happened?” Jared stared at his brother.

“She is what?” Booth and Brennan both asked at the same time, equally stunned.

“Crying her eyes out. I hate to see her like that…. So, I repeat, what the hell did you say to her?” Jared Booth gave his older brother a long look.

“Nothing…. I mean….” Booth was at a loss for words.

“I told her that I was not sure yet, if I was angry at her. She… analysed me without my knowledge or consent. It’s a violation of privacy.” Brennan explained calmly. “I didn’t know she was that….. sensitive. Michelle didn’t strike me as the overly emotional type.”

“You didn’t like her method and told her you were not sure if you were angry with her.” Jared repeated slowly. “She usually isn’t that sensitive. It’s just that…” His voice trailed off and the sentence remained unfinished. At least until the forensic anthropologist suddenly blurted out. “She’s pregnant!”

Jared’s gaze snapped to her and his eyes widened in surprise. “How….?”

“I should have seen it.” Brennan shook her head. “I was too occupied with… other pressing matters.” She smiled at her partner.

“How on earth do you see that my wife is pregnant?” Jared Booth’s eyes were once again narrowed to slits, suspicion glinting dangerously in them.

“Well, you can see quite easily – if you’re paying attention of course - that her pelvis…”Brennan started to explain.

“It’s the way she walks.” Booth interrupted her. “I’m sure he doesn’t want to hear the details, Bones. Jared, Temperance is really good at her work… she can see something like that in the way people move.”

“Well, technically it’s not so much the way she walks, but…” Brennan started again, but Seeley Booth’s hand on hers interrupted her. “Jared…. Why didn’t you tell us? You….shouldn’t you be happy?” The FBI agent asked his younger brother.

Jared sighed. “Of course we’re happy….but we wanted to wait before telling you. She’s only two months along …. and it took us so long… We just wanted to be sure everything’s okay before telling you. And… God, when I found her crying on the bed…. I thought it was about the baby, you know? Seel, I thought…. I don’t know….” Seeley joined his brother, supported him. “Sorry, man, really. Nobody wanted to scare you like that..”

For a minute, Temperance Brennan was frozen, watching the two brothers …. then her brain kicked in and she knew what to do.

“I’ll go up to see her and tell her that everything is okay. She … helped us, Jared.” Brennan said, then left her partner and his brother alone. She hurried inside and upstairs. Though she hadn’t been inside Jared’s room before, she knew where to go simply by eliminating the rooms she’d been to already. She knocked and waited a moment… when she didn’t hear anything from the inside beside muffled sobs she opened the door and asked. “Michelle?”

She found the blond woman on the bed, her face burrowed in the pillow, her shoulders shaking from occasional sobs. Brennan sat down beside the other woman and started to speak softly. “Michelle, I’m not angry at you. And Booth …. I mean Seeley neither. Actually, I think I have to thank you.”

Michelle turned around and gave her an astonished look, her face blotchy. “You’re not mad at me?”

“No, not anymore. Your method might be questionable… but I guess the outcome was worth it. You were right about me and Booth.” Temperance Brennan forced herself to admit, although she’d rather have kept this new thing – whatever it was – between Booth and her a secret for some time… just to get used to it herself.

“I was?” Michelle’s eyes widened. “I thought you’d be mad at me… and that Seeley’s been right and I pushed you too much and I screwed up..…. I don’t know you, I had no right to.. interfere.”

“That’s right. You had no right, but …. Something good came out of it, so I’m not really angry. Though I would appreciate it if you could refrain from analysing me from now on.” Brennan said.

“Oh, I learned my lesson.” Michelle smiled.

“So, you’ll stop crying now?” Temperance asked, hopefully, …she didn’t quite know how to comfort somebody.

“Yeah. I’m not sure why I even started.” The blond woman sighed.

“Hormons.” Brennan commented.

“Yeah, I guess. What,…. How do you know?” Michelle asked baffled.

“I analysed you.” Brennan winked at her. “I’m a forensic anthropologist, I’m susceptible for small changes in the human body.”

“Hm.” Michelle acknowledge her statement. “So, I guess we’re even. You analysed my body, I analysed your mind.”

Her statement drew a chuckle out of Brennan. “Okay. Now, I guess you should be talking to Jared. You scared him.”

“I did what?” Michelle frowned, clearly not understanding what the other woman was referring to.

“The first thought he had, when he saw you like this, was that there was something wrong with your baby.” Brennan elaborated and Michelle winced. “Oh, shit. I screwed up after all. Where is he?” She rose.

“Outside. With Booth. I mean Seeley.” She rolled her eyes at herself. “I keep forgetting calling him by his given name.”

“Get used to it.” Michelle grinned. “I’ve got a hunch you’ll be seeing this family more often.”

“You could be right.” Brennan answered and a smile stole on her face. “Now, I think we should go downstairs. All this before breakfast.” She shook her head.

“Breakfast….” Michelle sighed. “That’s a good idea. I’m really hungry.”

“You need more nutrition now.” Brennan commented amicably and held the door open for Michelle.

“You tell me.” The blond woman grinned. “I’ll just go wash my face, okay? I’ll be right back.”

A few minutes later the two women were standing on the porch, watching the two Booth brothers looking at an ultrasound picture. Michelle grinned at Brennan and whispered. “You know, he seems to see more on that picture every time he looks at it.”

They stepped outside in the sunlight and the brothers looked up, both smiling broadly upon seeing them. “Cut it out.” Michelle grinned. “These damn charm smiles are killing me.” Despite her words she launched herself into her husband’s arms. “I’m sorry, baby. I didn’t want to scare you.” She whispered and kissed him.

Seeley Booth gave his partner a cheesy grin and before she was able to react, he had swept her into a tight embrace and planted a kiss on her lips. Stunned as she was she didn’t object.

“Granny! Daddy and uncle Jared can’t come in for breakfast. They’re kissing.” Parker’s voice drifted towards them from the kitchen window and they had to chuckle.

When they heard Anna Booth’s answer the chuckling turned into laughter. “Well, as long as they don’t kiss each other….”

Now, what do you say? Like it, hate it?
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:01 am

Poor Michelle....crying because of something like that....just because of the hormons......
I liked it, that Brennan was able to talk to her......when she first met Booth she wouldn't have thought about it......but although she didn't really know what to do it helped Michelle

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:04 am

I aim to please. You don't have to wait for more Wink Here you are Wink

Of Muffins and the Grinch

They were still laughing when Anna Booth appeared in the doorway.

“So, you’ll come in now and tell me what’s going on. Crying and kissing and all sorts of things going on in my house and I don’t even know why.”

She motioned for them to come in and only when all of them were seated around the big table in the dining room and everybody was either drinking coffee, juice – or in Parker’s case a cup of hot chocolate – and munching on muffins or bagels she sat down herself, watching them.

Brennan decided that the homemade muffins had to be the best she ever tasted. When she voiced her opinion on them, the older woman beamed at her. “Thank you, dear. I don’t care much for cooking, but I love to bake.”

Finally her husband, Andrew, arrived and – after greeting them all with a grumpy “Morning” – sat down and stared moodily into his cup of coffee. Anne laughed when she saw Brennan shoot him worried glances.

“Don’t fret, this is his usual morning grumpiness. Just be happy that his sons didn’t inherit the full package. They might not be thrilled about getting up early, but they don’t play the daily Grinch as their father does.” Anne teased and gave her husband a friendly pat on the back. He managed to ignore both her words and her gesture and she simply shrugged.

“What is a Grinch?” Brennan asked.

“You’re kidding.” Jared gave her an incredulous look.

“No, she isn’t.” Booth grinned at his partner. “It’s a hairy green monster that tries to steal Christmas.”

Brennan scowled. “How do you steal a holiday?” She asked, oblivious to the fact that even Andrew Booth now gave her an incredulous look.

“We’ll just watch the movie, Bones. Way easier than explaining it.” Her partner winked at her. “Daddy, can I watch it, too? Pu-lease….” Parker begged.

“I don’t know if I really want to…” Brennan started, but Seeley Booth interrupted her. “Call it research.”

She shrugged and decided to let it go “Okay.”

Anne Booth smiled mildly at the exchange and placed a muffin in front of her husband. His scowl softened a little when he looked at it. “Almond poppyseed?” He asked hopefully.

“It speaks.” Jared snickered and got rewarded by an annoyed glare of his father.

“Sure it’s almond poppyseed. After so many years I do know your favourite.” Anne patted him on the back again. “Just eat it… I know you’ll be in a better mood afterwards.”

Obediently, Andrew Booth took a bite. Brennan watched with fascination how his mood seemed to improve with every bite he was taking. When he had washed the muffin down with a cup of coffee, all traces of the grumpy ‘grinch’ had vanished.

“It’s fascinating, isn’t it?” Michelle whispered and winked at her. “A metamorphosis.”

Brennan had to smile… It was really impressive how much at ease this family was with each other’s strengths and weaknesses, with each other’s habits and quirks. And despite her newly discovered feelings for Booth, she was not sure she would ever be able to fit in.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Anna Booth suddenly said. “So, you want to tell me what all this was about? Why my first aid kit is lying on the porch and all the crying and stuff?”

The four young people looked at each other, not sure where to begin, when Parker said. “Daddy, can I go back and watch cartoons?” Somehow thankful that it had been his son’s own idea to leave them alone, he simply nodded “Sure, buddy.”

After the boy had lef t them, Anna Booth looked at them expectantly. “Seeley?”

“Oh-oh… interrogation time” Jared grinned.

“Don’t start, Jared, you’re not off the hook either.” Anna addressed her younger son, who squirmed uncomfortably under her gaze.

Brennan and Michelle looked at each other and – as if per mutual agreement – decided to lean back in their seats and enjoy the show.

“Well….” They both started at the same time. “Ah you first, Seel. You know, being older and all.” Jared gestured towards his brother, who shot him a death glare. “Slick as always.” They scowled at each other.

“Boys.” Andrew Booth said warningly. Brennan wondered how fathers managed to convey so many things with only one word.

“Mom, you know… I don’t think I should be…” Seeley stumbled over his words and sent a pleading look to his partner, who was watching him with increasing interest. A short side glance confirmed her suspicion that Jared was making a similar face at his wife.

Michelle sighed exaggeratedly. “Men are such babies, don’t you agree, Temperance?”

“I tried my shrink-qualities on the two of them.” She explained to her mother in law. “While they didn’t appreciate the method, I think the result isn’t half-bad.”

“Ahhhh.” Anna made. “Good.” She smiled at her elder son. “So, I guess I can be happy for the two of you.”

“You might consider being even happier for the two of them.” Brennan pointed at Jared and Michelle and grinned when her partner mouthed a ‘Thank you’. She didn’t need to be a shrink to see that both sons hated to get interrogated by their mother. That was probably the reason why she was at the receiving end of a dark look from Jared now.

“Is that so?” Anna said. “I wonder why.”

Michelle smiled at her happily. “I’m pregnant.”

“Oh my God. Oh, sweetheart, that’s wonderful.” The older woman sprang to her feet to gather both her daughter in law and her younger son into a fierce embrace. “How long?” Anna asked, when she pulled, back. There were tears in her eyes. “Two months. We wanted to wait a little longer before telling you, just… to be sure everything’s alright…. But Temperance found out.” Michelle grinned.

Andrew Booth gave her a confused look. “How?”

Temperance was ready to launch into the scientific explanation, when she caught Booth’s eye. She hesitated for a moment, then smiled at him. “It’s the way she walks.” Booth smiled back at her and gave her hand a quick squeeze. “No squint-talk. It wasn’t that hard, was it?” “Guess it’s your influence.” She gave back and squeezed his hand in return. Then they joined the rest of the family in congratulations and questions about how Michelle was doing.

The morning was spent with chatter and more muffins and Brennan felt as if she’d been part of the family for a long time, all doubts forgotten.

When they had to say good-bye there were tears in Anna Booth’s eyes. She hated to see her sons leave, but she knew that it was necessary, they had to live their own lives. With her husband’s arm around her waist, she waved good-bye, watching her sons drive away with the women they loved.

Only when the cars had vanished it occurred to her that she still didn’t know why her first aid kit had been needed and why her daughter-in-law had been crying. She sighed, then smiled.

A mother needed reasons for phone calls, too.

I hope you liked it. Next chapter should be up on Friday.
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:12 am

wow!
that was really fast.....
I loved this chapter too!
And I really like Anny Booth....she seems to be a very nice woman.

PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nane Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:30 am

Cheese, are you using ane EPO or so? That was fast.... But I wont complain, I loved all thos chapters. But be careful, we might get used to your good mood and speed....
Nane
Nane
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:05 pm

Thank you all so much sweeties for your reviews!!…. Glad you liked the chapter. Everything I use is legal and contains caffeine

Early phone call…

Brennan groaned and reached for her mobile, which had been ringing almost constantly for five minutes now. “I’m just going to get this.” She said to Booth, who was watching her with a small smile on his face.

Had somebody told him, he’d be waking up with his naked partner in his arms he wouldn’t have dared to believe it. Somehow he had still had that nagging doubt, feared it would be a dream. But now he was somehow relieved. It had to be real… surely in his dreams there wouldn’t have been a phone call interrupting and spoiling his first morning in bed with her.

“Brennan.” She said and winced when a split second later Angela’s voice pierced her ear.

“Sweetie!! Finally, where are you? I was worried sick.” Angela’s voice both held an accusatory and a relieved note.

“Worried? Why?” Brennan asked, confused.

“You promised to call me when you came back. But you didn’t call yesterday evening. So I figured, maybe you came home too late. Then I called at your place this morning and nobody answered. Then I called your cell phone about a dozen times.” Angela explained.

“I’m sorry, Ange. I… totally forgot you’d be waiting for my call. I’m very sorry, really.” Brennan said sincerely.

“Yeah, well… it’s okay. You’re well, that’s important. I really thought something had happened. Now, what are you doing, you sound kinda out of breath.” Angela asked.

“Ah….” Brennan gave her partner a thoughtful look, then said. “Morning workout.” Booth smirked, when he heard her words.

“Really? Since when are you a morning workout kind of girl? Where are you, I’d love to have a cup of coffee with you. You’ve got to tell me everything about Booth’s family.” Angela’s merry chatter made Brennan’s eyes widen a little.

“Hmmm…” The forensic anthropologist was not quite sure how to respond, still thinking of how to get Angela to agree to lunch later, instead of a cup of coffee now. Temperance Brennan intended to spend more time with her morning workout. Maybe make it a lunch workout too. Would she be able to hold off Angela until dinner time?

“What the ….” She heard Angela mutter something and her thoughts snapped back to the phone conversation.

“Did you say anything?” Brennan asked.

“Temperance Brennan. You didn’t sleep in your bed.” Angela stated matter-of-factly.

“I.. how do you know?” Brennan asked, stunned.

“Sweetie, I was worried when you didn’t answer your phone. I came over to your apartment and used my spare key. The air in here isn’t what I’d call… fresh, so I wanted to open the windows. And, imagine, what I found? No bag. …and you didn’t sleep in your bed.” Angela’s tone was accusatory.

“I… went out yesterday evening… and well, didn’t come home.” Brennan answered slowly. She gave Booth an accusatory look when she saw how he fought hard not to laugh.

She hadn’t been lying. They had dropped of Parker, then went to a restaurant for dinner. And well… had ended up in Booth’s bed soon after. Truth to be told, they had spent some time in the kitchen before. The bedroom had been too far away for her liking and the kitchen counter had been handy.

“Where are you?” Angela’s question sounded somewhat strict… and motherly.

“In bed.” Brennan answered truthfully. Her words had Booth fighting even harder not to burst out laughing.

“IN BED? With a guy? Brennan you ought to know better than going home with a guy you just met somewhere. What if he’s a crazy killer, huh?” Angela yelled.

“Oh, I certainly doubt that.” Brennan answered, amused.

“Well, how do you know? I hate to break this to you, Bren, but you’re not so hot at judging people. You went out with a murderer once!” Angela sounded a little frantic now.

“Angela, there’s really no reason to be worried…In fact you know him, so my poor judgment of people won’t be an issue.” Brennan’s remark was both amused and sarcastic. Her partner decided that it was time to take action or the Angela was going to scream her lungs out.

Brennan barely had time to make out Angela’s confused “What?”, when her partner pried her fingers off the cell phone and took it himself.

“Hi, Angela. I think Bones is quite fond of her morning work out. And I know for a fact, that I am fond of it. So, why don’t you meet her for coffee in the afternoon at the Diner, say at two thirty? Guess until then we should have all the morning workout covered. And we’d need a break before evening workout anyway.” He grinned when he waited for a response, but for a whole minute there was only stunned silence.

Then a high pitched squeal made him wince. “Ohmygod, ohmygod. Why didn’t she say that you’re her new personal trainer, huh? Take all the time you need sweeties, and more. No need for coffee today as long as she’s ready to give me details first thing tomorrow morning.”

Booth held the phone at arms length and was still able to make out every single word. He grinned cockily at his partner who rolled her eyes. “Ange, calm down.” She yelled in the general direction of the phone.

“Oh, I wont. I’m gonna grab my guy and make workout too. This is sooo awesome. Well, have fun you two. And Booth, she’s got a soft spot for chocolate sauce, just so you know. Bye, hotties!” Angela’s voice sounded a bit breathless.

Booth tossed the phone aside and gave the woman in front of him a measuring look. “Chocolate sauce, hm?” Brennan smiled innocently and remained silent. “What if I tell you I’ve got chocolate sauce?” Booth asked, grinning broadly.

A greedy gleam appeared in her eyes and he had to laugh. “I’m gonna get it. But you know, if we indulge ourselves in chocolate sauce now, I guess we need to make even more workout.”

“I think I can bear it.” She shouted after him, when he dashed out of the bedroom to get the chocolate sauce he loved to pour over ice cream. He was pretty sure he was going to be fond of pouring it over her, too.

Ha, what do you say now? Was that the scene you’ve been waiting for?
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Hahaaa. Cheese! You are amazing.. I love the story and ... love and love it! Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:21 am

I love it!
I thought Brennan wouldn't want anyone to know yet but she seems to be alright with it.....not afraid, not running away....and staying in bed with Booth all morning.....sounds perfect to me.
I felt a little sorry for Angela though. First she is worried because Brennan didn't call her and then she is worried because Bren went home with some man who could have been a murderer......
But I think she is happy again now......
Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Toz, Cass, thank you for reviewing!

I’m sooo glad you’re not mad at me for jumping forward in time. I just though another chapter dealing with them driving home would only hold the risk of repetition. And I don’t like to repeat myself more than necessary. And I also didn’t think it necessary to describe more than done in the last chapter. I started a new story last week which will most likely include more explicit writing, but I didn’t want to have to change the rating of this particular story here… and sometimes suggestive writing is as satisfying (hah!) as real smut.

Well, here we go, the next chapter is ready.

Relationships and Realisations...

“You know,” Booth sighed as he reached for the bottle of water on the nightstand. “I think we’re catching up on what we’ve missed these past years pretty fast. You’re threatening to wearing me out, woman.”

The forensic anthropologist beside him let out an unintelligible sound. He was not quite sure if it was meant to be a snort or a grunt. Or maybe – just maybe – actually a word. “Huh?” He made, to make her aware of the fact he hadn’t understood her.

She lifted her head long enough from her pillow to force out a breathless “Only threatening?” Then it sank back on the soft pillows. He had to chuckle. He took a sip from the bottle and let his gaze sweep over the naked form of the beautiful woman beside him. Her skin was still flushed and her breathing not quite down to her usual rhythm. And he was damn proud that he was the reason for her recent state.

“You want water?” He asked her and let his hand lazily travel down her bare back. He felt her shudder ever so lightly and a tender smile appeared on his face. “Bones, come on… a little water?”

“Go away. I’m dead.” She mumbled and had him laughing out loud. “And you said I'll be the one begging for mercy. I’m not done with you, Bones.”

Slowly, she turned around to meet his eyes, an incredulous look on her face. “What?”

His hand moved to her face, his fingers trailing softly over her cheekbone. “I said I’m not done with you yet. I’m planning on more work-out.” He was tired. He was nearly worn-out. But damn him, he still wanted her more than sleep or rest. He suspected that’s how drug addicts had to feel, always only thinking of the next fix.

“Just let me rest a bit.” She answered after a moment. “You’re in great shape for a man your age.”

“Huh.” He huffed, though he of course liked to hear her compliment. “Man my age? You make me sound like an old creep who needs blue pills to even think of having fun.”

His words made her smile. “I can verify, that – in my professional opinion – you’ve got no need for pills of any form or color. Now where’s the water you’ve been talking about?”

Booth grinned at her words and wordlessly handed her the bottle. “Ick.” She made after taking a sip. “It’s sticky.”

“That’s not ick. That’s chocolate sauce. And I think I remember you were quite fond of it.” Booth yawned.

“Ha, you’re tired too!” Brennan jabbed a finger against his chest. “And I prefer chocolate sauce on you, not on the water bottle.”

He winked at her and answered. “I think there’s still something in the bottle.” Mischief glinted in his brown eyes that always reminded her of chocolate sauce anyway. But Brennan shook her head. “Enough sticky stuff for today. I need a shower and then I need some rest.”

“Shower sounds good.” Booth crept a little closer to her. “You know, with all that soapy, foamy skin… Mhmmmm,” He wiggled his brows at her.

She shook her head. “You’re incredible. But I guess we can share a shower.”

“Mhm” He made absently while watching her bare backside when she was walking towards his bathroom. “Are you coming?” She called and he blinked, then quickly went after her. He had to wash her back, he told himself, just out of courtesy.

An hour later they were once again lying side by side, panting heavily. “We’re going to kill each other.” Booth commented. “We’re not going to last a week.”

Brennan acknowledged his words with weak movement of her hand. “We’re not going to have time for that much sex – except on week-ends – anyway.”

“You don’t have to have time for sex, you gotta make it.” Her partner corrected her. “I’m sure we find a way to squeeze a little work-out in between work.” He grinned at her, but saw a shadow flicker across her face.

“Bones? What’s wrong?” He asked, concern etched in his voice.

She sighed. “Work.” He lifted a brow at her short answer, wordlessly urging her to elaborate.

Brennan swallowed hard, then said. “It’s going to be awkward at work. This… thing.” She pointed at him, then at her.

“Our relationship?” He asked, gently.

“Yeah.” She nodded.

“Only if you let it be awkward.” The FBI agent said and took her hand in his.

She looked at him, clearly confused.

“Temperance, Angela already knows what’s going on.” Booth gently reminded her.

“No, she doesn’t.” Brennan shook her head.

“No?” Booth asked amused. “Are we talking about the same conversation?”

“She knows we’re having sex. She doesn’t know, that it’s … more.” Brennan said, vaguely.

“More?” He repeated, hope and uncertainty in his voice.

“You know what I mean. It’s more than just sex.” Brennan met his eyes.

“Damn right it is.” Booth stared at her for a moment. “I love you.”

His words coaxed a smile out of Brennan, as well as a confused look. “Yesterday you said that you thought you were in love with me. Today it’s all clear, beyond doubt?”

“It’s been clear and beyond doubt yesterday. And a month before. God, maybe even a year, I don’t know. I didn’t want to scare you away, Bones.” Booth explained in a low voice.

Her eyes widened in shock. “You love me?”

Now it was his turn to give her an incredulous look. “What the hell did you think this was?” He gestured between them.

“The best sex…” Her voice trailed off and her eyes went huge, her mouth agape and she remained silent.

“While that was really flattering, I’d love to hear the rest of your sentence.” Booth gently nudged her after she’d remained silent for some time.

“Do you remember what you told me about two people in love? How they could create something different?” Brennan asked breathlessly.

Booth nodded. “Sure.”

“We just did that, didn’t we?” Her voice shook so violently, even her body seemed to be vibrating along with it.

A warm smile appeared on Booth’s face. “Yeah. We just did that, Temperance.”

He saw tears form in her eyes and pulled her into an embrace. “Don’t cry, baby. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong. Everything’s right. You and me. I didn’t realise until just now.” She mumbled against his chest, then she pulled back to look into his eyes. “It’s more than friendship and more than sex. I didn’t understand it… but I love you too.”

Pure joy shone in his eyes at her words and he pulled her towards him again, to kiss her deeply. “You just made me very happy.” He whispered and kissed her tears away. “Good.” She answered, her voice still thick with tears. “I like you happy.” Booth smiled at her words and held her close. His partner in every sense. His Bones.

OOOOOkay, sweeties. I know it’s sad but this was the last chapter. Now, now, hold you horses and rotten tomatoes… I didn’t say there wouldn’t be an epilogue, did I? So, though it might take a little, I will be posting an epilogue.

Please let me know how you liked this chapter! Thanks!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next