Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case or cake? - rated k+ - humour/fluff -by CheeseBk

+10
Cassiopeia
Polygirl
mrsdavidboreanaz
EDDB
ggjunkie33
katarina
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
willgirl
14 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Case or cake? - rated k+ - humour/fluff -by CheeseBk - Page 2 Empty Re: Case or cake? - rated k+ - humour/fluff -by CheeseBk

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:10 am

there it is.....so I will no longer need to ask you every five minutes about the next chapter.....although I would really love another chapter....

I really liked it.
Parker was cute as always and B and B are still in denial but getting closer to the truth, I think....
Can't wait to read more!
But I'm trying to wait patiently.... Smile

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Case or cake? - rated k+ - humour/fluff -by CheeseBk - Page 2 Empty Re: Case or cake? - rated k+ - humour/fluff -by CheeseBk

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:38 am

whohhoooo...man I want so much MORE!!!!!!!!!
Awesome chapter, my dear!
Denial,denial,denial!!!!!!!!!
Man hopefully it will pass! and soon!
More now? :albino:
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3

Back to top Go down

Post by ggjunkie33 Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:58 am

Lovely story so far, I'm really enjoying it! Parker's so cute, and I love how all the rest of the family can totally see the Booth & Brennan are head-over-heels and in denial Smile
Keep up the great work!

Another chapter, please?! Very Happy
ggjunkie33
ggjunkie33

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://ggjunkie33.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EDDB Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:13 am

Very Happy oooh this is getting good! lol i swear parker is going to make them end up being together or something! woot go parker!
EDDB
EDDB
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 71
Say What You Want : "Coffee... and Pie!"
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:08 am

it's been a whole week since the last update, cheese!
I'm in need of some more fluff....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsdavidboreanaz Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:15 pm

lovin it!! its greaaaaaat =D
mrsdavidboreanaz
mrsdavidboreanaz
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 76
Say What You Want : I am saying what I want!! =D
Registration date : 2008-06-20

http://www.myspace.com/jennifers_myspace

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:48 pm

Thank you for your wonderful reviews!! Glad you still like it!
I know it’s been a while, but I’m quite busy these days... but now I finally found enough time to update! Thank you for understanding! Hope you’ll like it!

Brooding

When he descended the stairs, Booth heard the muffled sound of his family’s laughter drift in from the outside. His mother had lit several candles and the flickering light dimly lit the hallway and the kitchen.
He walked over to the refrigerator and helped himself to a cool coke. With the cold can in his hand, he leant against the counter and listened to his brother telling his parents about his work in his typical style, which meant that there was a lot of laughing involved.

Booth closed his eyes and recalled the picture of Bones sitting on the edge of the bed, reading Parker a story. Or how she had taken care of the boy after his unfortunate encounter with the bee earlier this day. A smile tugged on Booth’s lip when he thought of how Parker had fed Bones cake. Although his partner insisted on having no idea what to do with kids – he still heard her saying ‘Just because I have breasts doesn’t mean I have magical powers over infants.’ when they had been taking care of Andy.

She was oblivious, really. Maybe she didn’t have magical powers over all infants, but she had been doing well enough with Andy and she was fantastic with Parker.

God, it would be so easy to get used to seeing them with each other, to picturing her a part of his life in every aspect. He shook his head as if to clear it from these thoughts, but they were persistent.

Temperance Brennan had become one of the most important people in his life. Scratch that, she was – besides Parker – the most important person in his life, though he probably wouldn’t be able to admit that to anybody.
His mother knew, he was sure of that...
She had always had that certain sixth sense when it came to matters of the heart. The problem was, if he – Seeley Booth, a man who was no stranger to feeling, to emotions – was having a hard time accepting that what he was feeling for his partner was way beyond anything platonic, then there really was no way for him to tell how she was going to react.

Hell, he had no idea how she was feeling about him, but he knew that telling her about his feelings was no option. Or was it? No, he decided, mutely shaking his head to his own inner debate, he wouldn’t tell her. The risk that she would start to rebuild her walls, to shut him out again was far too high. He’d rather remain her friend than lose her altogether. Yes, he decided, it was for the best to leave her alone, remain the friend and partner she needed. Maybe time would tell if fate had something else in store for them.

But still, a bit of doubt kept nagging at him. What if she felt something for him too and was just as hesitant as he was? He rolled his eyes at his thoughts.

‘Presumptuous much, Seeley Booth?’ He chided himself. ‘She looks at you as her partner and friend. Just because you’re a man and she’s a woman doesn’t mean you’ll end up together. Idiot.’ He let out a deep, frustrated sigh.

“Why are you brooding here in the dark, bro? Where’s your... partner?” His brother’s voice startled him and he hastily opened his eyes. Seeley had not even heard him approach.
“Sorry, J. What did you say?”

“I asked where you partner is.” Jared shook his head. “You getting old and deaf or what?”

“I was just thinking, okay? And Bones is upstairs, she’ll be coming down soon..” Booth answered, his tone impatient, not so subtly suggesting to leave him to his brooding.

Jared raised his hands in mock surrender. “Okay, okay. No need to get defensive there, Seel. Whatcha doing here? Getting drunk in all secrecy like in the good old days?” He grinned as he recalled their little adventures as teenagers.

“J, I’m drinking coke. I don’t know about you, but I never got drunk of that stuff.” Seeley answered in a cold way.

“Jesus, what’s wrong with you?” Jared gave his brother a look of disbelief. “Since when do you not even recognise a joke when it’s thrown into your face?”

Seeley Booth heaved a sigh and waved his hand. “Sorry. It’s just that I... Ah, forget it. Let’s go back outside, okay?”

“Do that. I need the bathroom first.” Jared said and watched his brother leave the kitchen. Something really was eating at Seeley... and he had a hunch that his so-called partner had something to do with it. Jared shrugged. ‘Not my business’ He thought and went upstairs.

When he reached for the doorknob of the bathroom, the door opened and somebody ran into him. “Uff” he made when the person collided with him, knocking the wind out of him. He stepped back.

“Booth?” Brennan asked, squinting in the dark hallway.

“Uh-uh.” Jared responded automatically.

Brennan frowned at the voice. “Jared?” She asked, unsure.

“Yep.” He confirmed and reached for the light switch beside her.

“Oh, I thought it was Booth...” She murmured, averting her face from the light.

“Well, technically, you’re right. You might want to use first names... in a house full of Booths things can get a bit confusing.” Jared grinned down at her, but the smile vanished from his face when he got a good look at her. She looked as if she had been crying.

“Have Seeley and you been... arguing or something?” He asked after a moment.
“What?” She frowned in surprise. “No. Why would you say that?”

Jared shrugged. “He’s all broody and you... seem to be upset.”

“It’s nothing. There was something in my eye, but it’s fine now.” Brennan squared her shoulders. She had no intention to show weakness in front of her partner’s brother. In fact, she was determined not to show weakness in front of anybody ... though she had to admit that she failed sometimes with Seeley Booth.
But it wasn’t her fault that he was so damn good at comforting and that his hugs made her feel safe.

“I’ll be downstairs.” She informed Jared Booth and moved towards the stairs, leaving him in front of the bathroom door.

“Sure. See you later.” Jared murmured and watched her leave. Her hasty retreat seemed rather flight-like to him. He shook his head and repeated his earlier words again in his head. ‘Not my business’

But maybe he would let his wife know about his observations. Phase D was one delicate thing, he remembered. Michelle would know what to do.

Hope you liked it! Reviews make me HAPPY!
What do you think, what was the crying about? What will Michelle say?
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:00 am

I liked it like always.
Looks as if Booth finally realized that he has to do something....and Bones seems to be affected by this whole family thing.

Can't wait to read more....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:09 am

thank you for your review tozika Wink glad you liked it!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Polygirl Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:33 am

oh cheese me likly keep it up
Polygirl
Polygirl
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10721
Say What You Want : There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by EDDB Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:55 pm

thanks for the new post Very Happy woo cant wait for more!!
EDDB
EDDB
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 71
Say What You Want : "Coffee... and Pie!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Oh my...why on earth did you stop?????????????
Me wants MOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Poor Bren crying and all..but hey I wouldn't mind crying for Booth...Wink
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:45 pm

And hello again...Thank you all for reading and for your wonderful reviews. And of course for your never-ending PATIENCE! You really rock!!

Here we go, the next chapter is ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insomnia

Brennan was sitting on the bed in the guest room, unable to fall asleep. In fact, she was too restless to even lie down and try to fall asleep. The whole day had somehow turned her upside down... and she was unable to restore her balance, which scared her.

Her normal reaction to this restlessness would be to work, preferably at the lab, but even writing would have been helpful. She gave her laptop a glum look, then immediately shook her head.

How impossibly illogical of her to blame her laptop. It was of course her own fault she had forgotten to pack the charging device.

She closed her eyes, probing, testing if she would be able to calm herself with a breathing technique she had learned during on one of her trips to Asia. No, it was futile. She was far too unsettled by everything that had happened. The ease with which Booth’s family had accepted her in their midst had been surprising... and somehow overwhelming. Despite all Booth had told her, she simply knew her own family had never been that close-knit and at the same time that warm and open towards others.

On the other hand, bank-robbers who were more or less on the run, living under wrong identities were not exactly prone to be welcoming and easily trusting. But still... Booth’s family was warm, cordial, at ease with each other. Brennan loved her brother and she had lead a pretty normal childhood until her parents had vanished, but it never had been like that. She knew Booth had not brought her to meet his family to hurt her... he had told her as much and she trusted him to tell her the truth. And she should have never accused him of that in the first place. She knew, he would never do something like that.

But still it hurt... it hurt so much to look at an intact family while not having one herself. Especially meeting Booth’s mother tore at her heart.

She wondered if her own mother would be similar... And once again tears threatened to fall.

Brennan tried to push the thoughts away and another picture formed in her head. Parker.

Parker was a wonderful kid. And seeing him lying in that big bed, peacefully asleep had made her feel so content and peaceful herself, it had been astonishing. She had had a similar experience the short time she and Booth had taken care of Andy.

A sleeping child somehow emanated peace and calm. And while looking down at Booth’s son she suddenly had felt a yearning for a child of her own.

She! She, who always had been so adamant on not having children herself. Now she was longing for a child?

Sure, nature programmed women with a certain ‘motherly’ instinct. The scientist in Dr. Temperance Brennan knew that and tried to push the feelings away, tried to stay clinical, stay detached. But the woman in her wanted to embrace it. And that scared her. She was changing... since the day a certain Special Agent had stepped into her life she had changed so much, it was almost frightening.

The question was, was she losing herself through all the changes Seeley Booth was bringing out in her, or was she finding what she had been pushing away for years?

She simply did not know. But she intended to find out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Booth looked down at the sleeping figure of his son and sighed. He was not going to find sleep any time soon. He might as well leave Parker, after all he did not want to risk waking the boy.

Seeley Booth tiptoed out of the room, leaving the door ajar behind him to make sure he would hear his son in case he had a nightmare again and cried for his dad. It did not happen very often, but better safe than sorry.

Careful not to make a sound, he slowly walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen and his gaze settled on a half-drunken bottle of red wine on the counter. Maybe red wine would help to ease his restlessness, he mused and searched for a glass.

A few moments later he was sitting on the living room couch, the glass in one hand, the remote control in the other. But he did not press the button to turn on the TV, he simply sat there and thought of how his partner had been acting after she had returned from the restroom after bringing Parker to bed.

She had been different, somewhat distant and not paying attention to their conversation. And her eyes had been red, her gestures erratic. He had known something was eating at her, but he had not wanted to ask her about it in front of his family. So, he had tried to divert their attention from his partner by telling stories about Parker. To his surprise this had not helped at all... she had seemed even more upset than before, so he soon had let Jared take over with stories about his work again.

Soon afterwards Brennan had mumbled something about a headache, thanked his parents for an ‘enjoyable’ evening and had gone to the guest room.

Booth wondered what may have caused her mood swing, but he could not very well burst into the guest room in the middle of the night and ask her, could he?

He heard one of the stairs creak and knew it had to be either Parker, Michelle or his partner trying to sneak down silently. His parents, Jared and he knew to avoid the traitorous creaking floorboard. A muttered curse told him it was his partner.

He cleared his throat to announce his presence to her and practically felt her freeze in surprise.

“Booth? I mean... Seeley?” He heard her cautious inquiry. He was surprised to feel his stomach make a little somersault at the sound of her using his given name.

“Yes and yes.” He confirmed after a moment, his voice a little rough. “Since when do you call me Seeley?” He asked her, his eyes now able to make out her silhouette, although the light of nightlight his mother always plugged in when Parker was staying with them did not yet reach her.

“Jared said in a house full of Booths it might be advisable. I agree.” She came closer towards the light and he noticed she was fully clothed.

“Can’t sleep?” He asked.

“Obviously, or I would be asleep.” She answered and he had to stifle a groan at her distant response.

“You even wear your shoes.” He simply commented, gesturing towards her feet.

“It’s warm outside. I thought I’d go for a walk.” She admitted and he nodded.

“I could come with you, if you want.” He offered and she gave him a doubtful look. “What if Parker wakes up?” She asked.

The fact that she had thought of his son so easily and even before he had done it himself rendered him speechless for a short moment. “You’re right. I would have to stay near the house. He might be confused if he wakes up from a nightmare and is not at home.”

Booth studied her for a moment. “We could stay in the garden. Or if you want to be alone, I just stay here.”

A small smile tugged at her lips and she said. “No, it’s okay. We can go outside, enjoy the fresh air.”

Booth nodded, somewhat relieved she was not insisting on being alone. Maybe everything was alright. He gestured towards his glass and asked. “You want some too?”

Brennan nodded and he handed her his glass. “Here. I haven’t drunk any yet. I’ll just get myself another one.” Her fingertips brushed his when she took the glass from his hands and he found himself enjoying even that short and accidental contact. Pathetic, he thought.

Brennan quickly brought the glass to her lips to take a sip of the wine to cover that her hands were shaking. From the corner of her eyes she watched her partner move around in the kitchen, pouring another glass of red wine.

“Come on.” He murmured. “Let’s go outside.”

She found herself nodding and followed him outside. Warm, but fresh air greeted her and she took in a deep, steadying breath. The full moon bathed the garden in soft light and she could easily make out where Booth was headed to: The three seater swing hammock she had admired earlier this day. She always had had a fable for swings.

They took their seats on opposite ends of the swing, and remained silent, letting themselves get enveloped in the comfortable silence of the night.

She took another sip of the wine and reached forward to place it on a small table, then settled back comfortably in the soft cushions with a sigh. Booth soon followed her example and got rid of his wine glass too. Then he gently pushed back and set the swing in movement. Another sigh escaped her lips before she could stifle it.

Somehow the soft, swinging movement seemed to help restoring her inner balance much more than the breathing technique she had tried earlier. But maybe it was also Booth’s presence. Or the moon light, the silence of the night. She didn’t know and for once she didn’t care, she simply tried to enjoy the moment.

Booth watched his partner, a smile tugging at his lips as she sighed contentedly and he could practically feel the moment she started to relax, though she had left that much space between them.

For some time, they simply sat there in silence, gently swinging and inhaling the calming scent of the night air.

Haha.

Romantic set-up? CHECK.

Booth and Bones? CHECK.

What can go wrong from here? Many things... but we will see soon Wink

Hope you liked it!! Reviews would be awesome!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:50 pm

I love the story so far Wink Its different but yet Its Bones Smile (Y)
Good job.
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:37 am

You evil, evil,evil Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why did you stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppp????????????????
This was such a prefect moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please update SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:54 am

don't stop now!
and I don't like the idea of anything going wrong!
just let them have some good talk.....maybe a little cuddling.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nane Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:02 am

He, you promissed the angsty cheese wont come out of hiding!!!

Such a lovely picture, both on a swing dreaming.....falling asleep...cuddling....waking up embracing each other....

She! She, who always had been so adamant on not having children herself. Now she was longing for a child?

Somehow it sounds as if it might be your line of thinking too Wink
Nane
Nane
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1035

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:43 am

I am loving this story!!! It's wonderful!!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:46 am

more more
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:25 am

More!!!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:05 am

thank you for your comments and your patience! You really rock!!!

Here we go, the next chapter is ready.

Comfort

“So,...” Booth started. “Booth, I...” Brennan said at the same time. Both stopped and looked at each other for a moment. Then surprise gave way to humour and they chuckled. “Ladies first.” Booth grinned.

Brennan took another calming breath, enjoying the fresh air and said: “Your family is very nice.”

“Yep.” Booth made. “But that wasn’t what you wanted to say.”

She shot him a surprised look. “Why do you say that?”

“You started with ‘Booth, I...’ before. Not with ‘Your family....’.” Booth recalled her earlier words.

“Maybe I wanted to say, ‘I think your family is very nice’.” Brennan said.
“Maybe” Booth gave back, but there was audible doubt in his voice.

“But you’re right. I wanted to thank you for bringing me here. It’s actually very nice to get to know your family. And I already heard at least three very funny childhood stories about you.” She had to smile.

Booth groaned. “Mom. Right?”

Brennan nodded. “You know.... I would love be able to listen to my mother telling stories of my childhood.” He heard the hurt in her voice and reached over to her place his hand on her forearm. “I understand. I know it’s not the same thing, but at least you still have your father. And you have the video of your mother, right? And you have your own memories... nobody can take them from you.”

She nodded solemnly, but her eyes filled with tears. Tears he could not see in the dim moonlight, but he could hear them in her voice, when she quietly said: “If I had known I would lose her, I would have.... paid more attention. I would have noticed much more details, the scent of her perfume, what her favourite meal was, her favourite flower... these things. I don’t know, I don’t remember. I was too concentrated on my own life to pay attention.” Her voice broke and his chest seemed to tighten at the pained sound.

Booth inched closer to her and his arms moved around her slender figure as if of their own accord. “Bones. You were young, only a child. Children are meant to enjoy life, not to live in constant fear of losing their parents. I’m sure Parker doesn’t know what my favourite meal is.” He murmured soothingly in her ear, patiently pausing when sobs overcame her. “But it’s my job as his father to know HIS.”

“Mac’n’Cheese.” He heard her muffled reply. “Or at least that’s what you told me.” Another sob escaped her.

“You remember?” He asked, stunned. He felt her nodding her head in response. “Well, I actually think I know your favourite food too. Though it seems to change from time to time.” He smiled, while still holding her in his arms.

“Hm?” She murmured against his chest.

“Mee krob?” He guessed.
“What gave me away?” Brennan asked, pulling back from his chest a little.

“Oh, only the fact that you order it at least once or twice a week.” He answered and saw that she nodded a little. “Feeling better?”

“Yes. A little.” She sighed. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. And it’s not just a phrase, you know? You really are.” Booth’s tone was so serious and honest she had to bite back a fresh urge to sob. She smiled at him, hoping he would be able to see it in the dim light. Brennan simply did not trust her voice enough to speak out loud.

Booth saw the smile on her face.... and the small movement of her cheek drew his attention to a last remaining tear clinging to her smooth skin. The little droplet glittered in the pale moonlight and his hand reached for her face, his thumb itching to smooth the tear away. And so he did.

Her breath hitched when his warm palm made contact with her cheek and she averted her eyes, somewhat ashamed of the display of weakness.

“Don’t ever be ashamed of those tears, Temperance. You don’t have to fool me. I know you feel and I know you hurt.”
Brennan closed her eyes upon hearing his murmured words and felt her chest tighten, her eyes burning with unshed tears yet again. “You’re trying to get me to cry, right?”

“Maybe I like to hold you.” He whispered, his voice a little husky. She drew in a ragged breath, not daring to answer, or at least not with words. Her body answered for her, though... she leant in to him and let herself get enveloped in his strong arms once more.

Her head resting against his chest she felt how she calmed, the earlier turmoil forgotten. Breathing techniques and swings paled in comparison to Seeley Booth’s gentle, but protective embrace. Her eyes closed, she inhaled his unmistakable male scent.

Gently holding her against him, he rubbed her back in what he hoped were soothing circles, his chin lightly brushing the top of her head. The moment was so damned perfect he never wanted it to end.

Only split-second later the frantic sobs of a child startled them. “Parker.” They both said in unison and rose. In his haste to get to his son, Booth forgot about the small table with their wine glasses on it and knocked it over. A clanking sound told him that they had not survived. Muttering a curse he bent, but Brennan quickly said: “Go, your son needs you. I’ll take care of this.”

“Thank you. Be careful with the glass, okay?” Booth answered and hurried towards the house. At the door he quickly reached for the switch to turn on the porch light, so that his partner would be able to see the glass shards and not cut her hands.

Then he hurried inside and upstairs to his weeping son.

Fifteen minutes later, Booth gently tucked his sleeping son in. After holding him and waiting until his tears had stopped, then listening to a short recap of the nightmare Booth had felt how Parker became sleepy again. The boy had drifted back off to sleep practically in his arms.

A small smile played on his lips as he watched his sleeping son. When he turned around he saw his partner standing in the door.

Carefully he stood again, tiptoed to the door and closed it behind him. “He’s asleep again?” Brennan asked him quietly.

He nodded. “He just needed a familiar face and a little comfort.” Booth whispered back.

Brennan gave him a long and thoughtful look. “You’re good at comforting.” She whispered and without thinking twice placed a quick kiss on his cheek. His eyes widened in surprise.

“Thank you. I think I’ll be able to sleep now too.” She said and gave him a genuine and thankful smile.

“Good night.” He answered and watched her until she closed the door to the guest room behind her. Only then he opened the door to his old room again.... and as soon as his head touched the pillow he was asleep, his former restlessness forgotten.

Brennan didn’t know, but as much as his comfort had helped her to find her balance again, her presence had calmed him.

A moment before Brennan drifted off to sleep it occurred to her that she had never asked Booth what he had wanted to tell her when they both had started talking at the same time. But before she could really start to think about it, sleep took over.

like it? hate it? let me know!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:23 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
“Don’t ever be ashamed of those tears, Temperance. You don’t have to fool me. I know you feel and I know you hurt.”
OMG...can you please send the Booth to me!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????
Please!?
I'd have fainted on the spot if someone would have said that to me ...so perfect words...and so true...
Ahhhhhh...why did Parker hadvto cry? WHY!?
Okay I forgive him because he's so adorable!
ADORED the chapter!
But please....
WRITE MORE SOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:30 am

Oh it was another perfect chapter! I'm in love with this story!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:40 am

good for Parker that he is so cute.....or I might have started to yell at him....
I loved this chapter....Booth always finds the right words (or you).....
PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:49 am

so cute
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next