Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes in the characters

+2
treble21
Bonesicted
6 posters

Go down

Changes in the characters Empty Changes in the characters

Post by Bonesicted Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:32 pm

I didn't know where to post this, so I started a new topic. If it's better suited elsewhere, maybe someone can move this. Smile

Is it just me who's over analyzing or have the writers put OOC stuff in the storyline to show that the "balance" has changed?
- Booth isn't using he's old flashy ties and he doesn't seem that uncomfortable talking about his sex life anymore.
- Brennan is being more kind to people.
- Clark had that "rip each others clothes off" outburst about Brennan and Booth in the 2nd episode.
- Fischer was smiling and wasn't wearing black nail polish.
- Sweets doesn't seem to be quite at top of his game at the moment (he didn't see that the father in the 1st episode was lying and he's not calling Booth's "bluff", to his face at least).

I have faith in the future though. Wink
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Changes in the characters Empty Re: Changes in the characters

Post by treble21 Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:12 am

I think everyone has noticed, the simple explanation is that it has been 7 months and people do occasionally change , Also "the centre" isn't holding, which could be why everyone seems off. Although MI_Bonesgirl has a very intruiging theory which at the moment seems completely plausible, you'd have to venture into the spoiler thread to see it though cause it ties in some spoilers as well. Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:24 am

treble21 wrote:I think everyone has noticed, the simple explanation is that it has been 7 months and people do occasionally change , Also "the centre" isn't holding, which could be why everyone seems off. Although MI_Bonesgirl has a very intruiging theory which at the moment seems completely plausible, you'd have to venture into the spoiler thread to see it though cause it ties in some spoilers as well. Smile
Thanks for the tip. I'm heading over to the spoiler thread now! Very Happy
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:53 am

This was part of how I came up with my theory. The team was separated for 7 months. People change, I get that, but people don't change THAT much in 7 months. Especially Brennan. She was on an island for 7 months with a group of scientists, and Daisy. To quote Booth-something is hinky here.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Of course Fisher was deliberately trying to be different, to consciously lighten up (on the advice of his therapist), which explains him, at least.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:48 pm

I thought that Brennan was quite out of character in the Jersey Shore episode. I mean, she's socially akward, but she's "normal" enough to know that one does not do the "throwing the crab/crowd" thing. And if she was a "true anthropologist/scientist" she wouldn't have thrown and integrated herself into the "Guido" culture, she would have stayed back and observed.

I don't like how Bones is changing. Towards the beginning of the series it was a murder mystery with a group of friends thrown in. Now, it's a group of friends with a murder thrown in, and I can watch that on just about every soap opera.

*granted, I'll always love Bones and I'll watch it until the end. But I don't like the path that it's taking, And I soon hope that it will change.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:00 pm

I actually like the new Brennan. One of my "wishes" was that HH take Bone sback to S1/S2 Bones. It seems to me he has, but left a lot of her maturity in there. She is doing more kick azz stuff, where as she had stopped doing that by S4 it seemed. So, I like this.

Fischer can be explained away with his stint in the nut hut.

Bones was probably drove insane b/c of Daisy...ok, not really. But, whats the old addage, distance makes the heart grow fonder? So, I can totally see her change. She goes back to the jungle, roughs it, and comes to some major realizations.

Sweets, I dunno. I haven't paid that much attention to him. Sorry.

Cam...now that one I do have a problem with. They made her out to be imcompitent, which she isn't. So, there might be a continuity problem there.

Hodgins/Ange...honeymoon bliss, need I say more.

Let's not get me started on one Booth. I don't care for Hannah, but I am hoping and trusting HH in that this will be what we need for B/B to realize, they do belong together.

Anyway, this show does seem different, but I have seriously enjoyed this season so far. SP has been my fave, with E3 second. So....we shall see. I am looking forward to the Brennan epsidoe, and I am looking forward to the serial killer Arc. I am totally excited about that one. I hope they do get to it after all.

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down