Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Guide Megabuzz 10-5-2010

+8
SnoopGirl
MI_Bonesgirl
RubyRuby
GryphonTatoo
gordongordonfan
joybrennan
jro54
bugaboo628
12 posters

Go down

TV Guide Megabuzz 10-5-2010 Empty TV Guide Megabuzz 10-5-2010

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:46 pm

So, Angela is pregnant on Bones. But remember when Brennan was baby crazy? Will there be any follow-up? — Matt
ADAM: I can't promise that the show will revisit that story in conjunction with Angela's pregnancy, but executive producer Stephen Nathan certainly hasn't forgotten about Brennan's desire to be a mother — or Booth's part in helping out. "Brennan expressed a desire and it surprised her," he says. "And while that moment has passed, Booth's donation still exists. That's really all I can say about that at this point. But with Brennan expressing that desire, it's hard to un-ring that bell."

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

TV Guide Megabuzz 10-5-2010 Empty Re: TV Guide Megabuzz 10-5-2010

Post by jro54 Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:13 pm

This confuses me. confused..so does SN mean that they are going to revisit Brennan's desire to have a baby...but she won't get pregnant?...because I just can't help but think, what if Brennan impregnants herself with Booth's sperm while he's still with Hannah. affraid I don't think they would do that, have Brennan and Angela both pregnant at the same time...because that would be like having two of the same storylines going on at once...but you still can't help but wonder, "wouldn't they really do that, right?"

Last edited by jro54 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:17 pm

they did it with Scully and Mulder. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:32 pm

It would be pretty ridiculous if they did that, but I guess no one can say unless it's HH himself. I really feel "no way" that'll happen, but then I would also have said 'no way' about... Brennan ever asking for Booth's 'stuff' in the first place,... Zac being a serial killer apprentice,... Booth having a coma dream and having his love for Brennan be explained away by brain issues by Sweets (which is strange cause he was the biggest B&B shipper of all!)... aw heck, the list could go on and on! :-) And ultimately I still LOVE Bones so I'll stop there! And I just "give 'em" those ones, but hope we don't go too far down the soapy slope! I want lots of emotion, don't get me wrong. But I want it to be real and hard hitting and tied to the witty dialogue and great cases! Not cheesy and unrealistic. And if Brennan used Booth's "stuff" it would be a huge "no no" and totally weird.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:07 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:It would be pretty ridiculous if they did that, but I guess no one can say unless it's HH himself. I really feel "no way" that'll happen, but then I would also have said 'no way' about... Brennan ever asking for Booth's 'stuff' in the first place,... Zac being a serial killer apprentice,... Booth having a coma dream and having his love for Brennan be explained away by brain issues by Sweets (which is strange cause he was the biggest B&B shipper of all!)... aw heck, the list could go on and on! :-) And ultimately I still LOVE Bones so I'll stop there! And I just "give 'em" those ones, but hope we don't go too far down the soapy slope! I want lots of emotion, don't get me wrong. But I want it to be real and hard hitting and tied to the witty dialogue and great cases! Not cheesy and unrealistic. And if Brennan used Booth's "stuff" it would be a huge "no no" and totally weird.

Too late, Sweetie! We are definitely splashing around at the bottom of the big soapy-water slide Razz.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Well, Brennan could just mention that she wants to have a baby to Angela. It doesn't mean that she's going to actually get pregnant...so let's not jump to any conclusions. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the SO storyline as nearly has soapy as if Brennan were to have his baby while he's with another woman.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:12 pm

jro54 wrote:Well, Brennan could just mention that she wants to have a baby to Angela. It doesn't mean that she's going to actually get pregnant...so let's not jump to any conclusions. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the SO storyline as nearly has soapy as if Brennan were to have his baby while he's with another woman.

You're SO right. I don't mind Brennan admitting she'd still like to have a baby, but that's it. It would be so out of character for her to even consider acting on that thought. Just so wrong in so many ways. This season should focus on Angela's pregnancy.
GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Number of posts : 20
Say What You Want : I have no friends or family who understand my obsession with Bones - and DB! Crazy people, right?
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:49 pm

jro54- Yep, that's what I mean too. not the SO thing, but the baby topic of this thread... Having Brennan mention it possibly is one thing... having her even consider acting on it would be as ridiculous as it was the first time around. (I agree with Joy on this one that THIS whole idea really was quite soapy- but I thought that back when it happened as well. But at least the cases and dialogue were still good so I could 'overlook it'. :-) But we better not go THERE again! It would be totally "icky" (like my mature word use? I must be tired!) Very Happy

Joy- LMAO I have an image of a soapy slip-n-slide in my brain now. :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:38 pm

SN doesn't even say that Brennan will get pregnant. All he says they'll revisit the the storyline of her wanting to have a baby...which could just mean Brennan bringing it up in a conversation with Angela....but still you just can't help but wonder, "they wouldn't realy do that, would they?" I wouldn't think they would...because Angela is already pregnant and having both Brennan and Angela pregnant at the same time would be like two of the same storyline going on at once. I really hope she doesn't get pregnant (Fingers double crossed, NO) Even when B&B get together...and had a baby with a direct deposit, I still don't know if I would want them to have a baby just because, totally IMO, It would be harder to keep a show interesting and exciting (...I'm shipper, but I'm not the kind who wants B&B to get married and have babies) IDK Maybe in the series finale at their wedding, she whispers to him at the alter that she's pregnant...I'd be okay with that. Very Happy
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Perhaps Hannah comes to learn of Brennan's desire to have a baby, and Booth's "help" in the matter. Besides being, "the best partner he ever had", Booth doesn't seem to have shared much at all about his and Brennan's surrogate relationship, with his new girlfriend. Since she already feels a little jealous and insecure, imagine how she will feel as she comes ot learn more about the "partners'", their past, and the fact that they may very well have had a baby.

Its soapy, yes, but I'm just enjoying my ride on joybrennan's soapy slide! Twisted Evil A girl can have some fun!
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:36 pm

I don't have a problem with revisiting the Brennan wants a baby storyline, as long as they don't actually act on it. It bothers me that they even mentioned Booths sample still exists. What would Be so extreme that Brennan would impregnate herself while he's still with Hannah? Or even if Hannah is out if the picture, I just can't see any logic in that.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:05 pm

That would be a great big shame as that is so Young & the Restless [Only admins are allowed to see this image] BONES IS NOT A SOAP OPERA!

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:10 am

Okay, this makes 2 threads I've seen "soap opera" in in the past couple minutes. Now that I think of it, it seems a while since the buzz about the show was about "the case" rather than about Booth & Brennan.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:42 am

And it's not just about Booth and Brennan, it's about the contrived
SO/ love triangle plot device Rolling Eyes
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Zygomatic Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:47 am

DBCrazy wrote:Okay, this makes 2 threads I've seen "soap opera" in in the past couple minutes. Now that I think of it, it seems a while since the buzz about the show was about "the case" rather than about Booth & Brennan.

I agree- I really want them to bring back some of the hard hitting cases from s1/2, where the cases were much more emotional and intense (think boy in the bush, man in the fallout shelter, superhero in the alley, not to mention aliens)... I just feel like i haven't been emontionally affected by any of the cases recently- they seperate BB/emotional parts from the case, whereas before I feel like they were more interconnected.
Zygomatic
Zygomatic
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:56 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I don't have a problem with revisiting the Brennan wants a baby storyline, as long as they don't actually act on it. It bothers me that they even mentioned Booths sample still exists. What would Be so extreme that Brennan would impregnate herself while he's still with Hannah? Or even if Hannah is out if the picture, I just can't see any logic in that.

I imagine that SN mentioned the sample still exists because A) he likes to mess with fans and B) if Hannah finds out that they had discussed having a baby, she could probably dismiss that... if she finds out that the sample still exists.... probably not so much. Also maybe Booth doesn't know that the sample is still around, and he finds out somehow, which leads to a discussion of why Brennan is keeping his sperm?

Or maybe I'm grasping at straws

but I still refuse to believe certain things. 1) That Brennan would deliberately get pregnant with Booth's sample and not tell him about it beforehand 2) That Hannah will end up pregnant or 3) that B/H get engaged...... I really don't think the show will ever go down any of these routes.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:34 am

I still wouldn't put anything past Hart...but I find it hard to believe that Brennan would deliberately get pregnant with Booth's sperm without telling him. I could see her bringing it up in a conversation with Angela...but what would be so extreme that would make he actually act on it, while he's still with Hannah...or if Hannah is out of the picture?
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:57 am

treble21 wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I don't have a problem with revisiting the Brennan wants a baby storyline, as long as they don't actually act on it. It bothers me that they even mentioned Booths sample still exists. What would Be so extreme that Brennan would impregnate herself while he's still with Hannah? Or even if Hannah is out if the picture, I just can't see any logic in that.

I imagine that SN mentioned the sample still exists because A) he likes to mess with fans and B) if Hannah finds out that they had discussed having a baby, she could probably dismiss that... if she finds out that the sample still exists.... probably not so much. Also maybe Booth doesn't know that the sample is still around, and he finds out somehow, which leads to a discussion of why Brennan is keeping his sperm?

Or maybe I'm grasping at straws

What if Booth and or Brennan talk about the fact that the sample still exists in front of Hannah, and this upsets her (which it would anyone in that position I'd think) and Hannah asks Brennan to get rid of the sample or something similar? Booth finds out Hannah asked and gets upset because he doesn't feel it was Hannah's business, and well you can see where that would go. Just one more way for Hannah to find out exactly the type of feelings Booth habors for Brennan. Even if it didn't put the nail in the coffin, it was totally help shut the lid.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:20 am

Zygomatic wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:Okay, this makes 2 threads I've seen "soap opera" in in the past couple minutes. Now that I think of it, it seems a while since the buzz about the show was about "the case" rather than about Booth & Brennan.

I agree- I really want them to bring back some of the hard hitting cases from s1/2, where the cases were much more emotional and intense (think boy in the bush, man in the fallout shelter, superhero in the alley, not to mention aliens)... I just feel like i haven't been emontionally affected by any of the cases recently- they seperate BB/emotional parts from the case, whereas before I feel like they were more interconnected.

YES! THIS! What zygomatic said... For me too, it isn't that I don't LOVE LOVE LOVE the B&B emotional parts, but they used to be connected to the cases and the team and everything blended seemlessly. I still love this show, (my favorite w/o a doubt on tv!)... but I would like to get back that intensity. (Whether it was the anger/ humor/ sadness etc... they really 'brought it') I actually still loved EVERY season of Bones, but I do think the cases were there best 1-3. And 4/5 had some of the best B&B stuff... but I'd like the whole package all together now, the season 4-5 closeness with the season 1-3 hard hitting cases and writing. (Selfish me, huh!) Very Happy
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down