Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theories, baby!!!!

+25
recoveringbonesaddict
treble21
RubyRuby
gordongordonfan
mommahurley
shipper87
bonesfan158
ddc
aardvark508
crzy4bones
bailey
joybrennan
elyon
tinkrella
GryphonTatoo
bonesparticulat
dreamerktm411
virtualhorizon
bones20
gimkrt
kat0505
MI_Bonesgirl
katharine
DoctorB
jro54
29 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Theories, baby!!!! Empty Theories, baby!!!!

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Ok, I dreaded this SO storyline, but I gave it a chance...and I think it's absolutely brilliant. That doesn't mean that it won't be painful or that I want Booth/Hannah to run off together and get married. It will be very painful...and I still don't like watching B&B with other people (because I'm still a B&B shipper at I love you)...but her obvious purpose is to crack Brennan's shell. She has shown more character development in the last two episodes than in the last season. Booth, I think genuinely likes Hannah...and he might even have feelings for her. She certainly makes him "happy," but I don't doubt for a second believe that he's as happy as he would be with Brennan.

I'm not one of those people who thinks expect the unexpected, this is the season...but I have no doubt that Hannah will somehow move B&B's relationship along. Very Happy Brennan realizing her feelings? That's progress, baby!!!! And no matter how little the progress is, it's definitely worth getting excited over...and Booth will realize that he can't move. He has to realize that even though Hannah is the "perfect" girlfriend, she simply can't completely fulfill him like Brennan does (...and that doesn't mean that I think Booth will or should dump Hannah to chase Brennan) I'm so excited to see how this plays out...and I have a few ideas...but I wondering what other theories people have. Like...how will Booth/Hannah break up? How can HH possibly salvage the rest of B&B's relationship?

(and I don't mean those funny scenarios...like Booth dumps Hannah for Brennan, but she already has a boyfriend...but he dies and now Brennan is too afraid tocommit to Booth because she doesn't wan to get hurt again)
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Theories, baby!!!! Empty Re: Theories, baby!!!!

Post by DoctorB Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:56 pm

I enjoyed the second ep of the season much more than the premiere. I still find it uncomfortable to watch Booth pretty much ignore Brennan in favour of making googley eyes at Hannah, I still think BB's spark is missing and Booth is being a bit of a jerk towards Brennan... I still hate the storyline and want to vomit every time we get to see her and Booth being all coupley puke

However, last night I was thinking about it and I hope the SO plays out something like this;

Booth/Hannah grow apart and they mutually break up, and the end of the season is Booth and Brennan revealing their feelings but Booth wants to take it slow and prove to Brennan that he's in this for good. Because I think Brennan will do a turn around this season and admit she wants a relationship with Booth and that she's in love with him but I wouldn't be surprised if she is a little bit reserved about the possibility of having a relationship last forever after Booth and Hannah's relationship ends... how is Booth going to prove to her that what he felt for Hannah is different to what he feels for Bones and that their relationship won't just fizzle out or end like his and Hannah did? At the very least... Booth is going to have to do a lot to convince me (and other fans I'm sure) that he's serious about his feelings for Bones.

Then I think next season will (I hope) see Booth proving to Brennan that's his unequivocally in love with her and WILL be with her forever, and eventually see them 'officially' consummate their relationship Smile I only hope that we get the same amount of BB love/romance scenes as we have seen for Booth and Hannah puke

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:24 pm

I'd like to think of it as that Hanah will oust herself because as one poster said in the show discussion page, that she,and I both agree, Hanah seems to be trying really hard to impress.
We don't really know much of her and Booth's backstory. We don't know how much she really knows about Brennan. We know that he hasn't told her that they were moving towards a relationship. That conversation happened after their "lunch".
But Hanah sure is wanting Brennan to know about her and Booth's relationship very quickly in the game. She no sooner comes to DC then she is telling the tale of sex under a fig tree. Of course Brennan did bring the part up about that's how she paid him back for saving her life.
Then she wants to dish over dinner about Seeley.
She's also grilling Booth about his relationship with Brennan. Asking should she be jealous. I think Hanah isn't as secure as she plays her self off.
I'm just wondering if down the line, her insecurties begin to take their toal on Booth. No one likes a clingy girl. It's like she wants to be in his inner sanctum way too quickly. I'm also wondering about all her PDA around Brennan. I'm thinking Booth may not tolerate that much longer either.
He never did seem like the type to rub something in someones face.
Remember with Cam, he told Brennan he was trying to be discreet.
Just my opinion.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:15 pm

katharine wrote:
He never did seem like the type to rub something in someones face.

Yeah which is why I find his 'all over each other in front of everyone' thing with Hannah OOC.

It really does seem like he's rubbing it in Brennan's face that he's happy and in love and has moved on from her and she's alone.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:22 pm

I have a theory that after ep 8, maybe Brennan will start to pursue Booth. I never EVER though I would hear Brennan say she fantasizes about them in a relationship, let alone say it in front of both Booth and Sweets. That ep is supposed to change the way she approahes Booth-maybe she will tell him how she feels, putting the ball back in his court and letting him make the decision.
Booth isn't going to dump Hannah for Brennan. If he dumps Hannah it will be because she did something to screw up. But Booth will not pursue Brennan again if he doesn't have hope that it will be reciprocated. IMO They BOTH need to realize and Brennan needs to make the 1st move this time. If Brennan keeps her feelings to herself and Booth/Hannah break up-they go back to the same holding pattern they have been in for the last 3 years.
It's best if the Booth/Hannah breakup is mutual. No hard feelings,no regrets and no what if's. Hannah isn't dumb. She's intuitive. I don't really think she feels threatened by Brennan, at least not yet. But I believe she will see the truth. And I believe that she will be the one to tell Booth like it is in regards to his feelings with Brennan. Hannah seems like a very strong character to me. Selfish? Maybe. But I don't think she will cling to Booth. She will see that she's losing the battle and let him go gracefully. She doesn't seem vindictive or spiteful at all. At least not to me.

Last edited by MI_Bonesgirl on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed typos)
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:50 pm

I'd like to think that episode 8 will be the big change for B&B.
So, here goes my theory:

Booth DOESN'T want to see the change in Brennan and also DOESN'T want to see that there's something wrong with her in episode 8. That would jeopardize his relationship with Hannah if he would show more concern for her than necessary and what's more: he likes to think that he has moved on.
But the Jeffersonian team also notices that there's something wrong with Brennan (Sweets was watching her at her door) and they will tell Booth to take his responsibility. Either Cam or Angela will tell him that he shouldn't neglect her like that, not after more than 5 years of working together with her.

So he finally decides to see Brennan. Brennan will unfold to him what has been troubling her, also the big regret part. Even more, she will finally tell him that she does love him but that she wants him to be happy. And seeing him happy with Hannah, he should go for it.
Booth will say that he has moved on and agrees with this. He's still trying to convince himself that he does want Hannah.

But in the following episodes we will see a troubled Booth. His feelings for Brennan will rise again to the top and then probably Hannah is going to do something (being cruel to Brennan or either endanger them) which will make him see that it is Brennan who he wants.

So, he will tell Hannah and that will be the end of their relationship. It has to be Booth to break up, otherwise he won't ever be able to convince Brennan that he wants to be with her and not with Hannah.

I also believe that Hannah's behaviour is something that will start to annoy Booth. It's not just him realizing all of a sudden that he loves Brennan more, it will be a lot of things adding up. Maybe Hannah will interrupt Booth's work more than necessary.
When I read the sides of those women sitting in Booth's apartment, I still believe it's one of the things which will add to being annoyed. I really don't think he's going to like that.

We will see the beginning of their relationship at the same time of the sniper being around. Their partnership and what it really means to love one another will slowly come together. I can see Brennan being his big support, it will be what he needs. And he's going to be the old protective Booth again. He probably saves her and you can only guess what will happen next ...

I can't help it but thinking of this, makes me think of a song of U2 : Moment of Surrender. I think the both of them need to surrender to their love, putting down all of their defenses. Taking a step back from certainty.

For those who are interested: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by gimkrt Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:57 am

Hannah readily admits that she's "trouble" and that's why Booth loves her and he says that's "one of the reasons". I think this is a clue that later in the season she will be too much trouble, maybe by interfering with the investigation of the supposed new season 6 serial killer Bad Booth that HH has been referring to. If she's still around when said serial killer shows up, it would make sense that she would report on him and maybe she gets carried away and leaks some secrets about the teams' leads into the case in her reporting that causes trouble in her relationship with Booth. This will then make him realize that she puts her career ahead of everything else, unlike Brennan( she would put her career ahead of alot of things but not innocent victims). That would be an organic way for the story to evolve and for her to exit the show that would be in line with her already developping character traits.

gimkrt

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bones20 Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:20 am

ive noticed her talking alot about how she had reservations about how "boring" it would be there for her, maybe she will get an amazing job opportunity and leave I mean that is what bones did
bones20
bones20

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:47 am

I don’t just have one theory. I always have a bunch going on in my head at once…because I could see this going several ways. Once Brennan realizes her feelings, she could either realize that she missed her chance and pull away from Booth…or she could pursue him, after Hannah leaves. Booth/Hannah’s break up could be mutual…or she could cause “trouble” that ultimately leads Booth to “torpedo” their relationship. There so many ways this could happen. I was one of those "Brennan lovers" who thought that Brennan would never pursue Booth once she realizes her feelings...but just after watching the first two episodes, I'm starting to think that maybe Brennan might pursue Booth after the 8th episode. I never expected to verbally admit that she fantizes about her relationship with Booth. This season is all about change. If Brennan were to keep her feelings to herself, they would go back to the same olding pattern. The more and more I think about this, the more it seems plausible to me.

The Booth/Hannah break up needs to be mutual. Booth’s feelings for Brennan start to come back…and Hannah just knows. She figures out that they were headed towards a romantic relationship…and that Booth still has feelings for her, so she just leaves. No hard feelings, regrets and that way we will “love” Hannah. YAY!!! cheers. I don't expect for Booth to dump Hannah to chase Brennan. I don't think he'll even pursue her. I think Booth has feelings for Hannah...but I don't think he's in love with her. He's in love with Brennan. When he says, "It's still love," I think he knows that he still loves Brennan...but realizes that it's never going to work out and that he has to move on, so he's the make the best of it with Hannah. They have a strong connection...but deep down I think he knows that he's not be completely happy, that he will always love Brennan.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by virtualhorizon Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:54 am

I have a feeling that Hannah's occupation as a journalist is going to come back to bite her, as was mentioned in a previous post. She's going to write or report a story (is she a print or video journalist?) concerning the sniper/serial killer case, something that endangers everyone who's working on it, and which will probably lead to an attempt on one of their lives. This may even be where the death of one of the characters "may" happen. I can see Brennan and one of the interns being on-site somewhere, out in the open, and the killer begins taking shots at them. The intern is killed, Brennan is traumatized, Booth sees the intern's blood all over Brennan, and we're taken back to the story he told her in the first season, of sniping the man whose son was having a birthday party, seeing him with his father's blood on him. (This would also make a good fanfic, but I'm not a writer . . ."

virtualhorizon

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:30 am

I can't see Hannah/Booth's break up to be anything but about Brennan. Not about her outright, Hannah seems like a pretty secure character, but a I-can-see-how-much-you-really-love-Bones situation. There might be other factors that further tense the situation, but the root will be about Brennan (just like pretty much all of their break-ups throughout the show were, although even more so.)

It's season 6, in a show that will probably air for 7 to 8 seasons (Hart said that in an interview over the summer, so I'm just basing it off that.) Realistically, they can't keep them a part much longer. This would deposit it at the perfect place in the story arc- with Booth forced to face his feelings for Brennan again.

Although, with Hart and Stephen running the show, we'll probably have a 200th episode where they talk about the real-real way they met, kiss once and then end the series. The B&B shipper suicide rate would sky-rocket.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:02 am

Where does Avalon fit in with all this? Isn't she supposed to be pivotal? Also, Hannah is a White House correspondent, i don't see why she would be involved in reporting on a serial killer. I can much more see her get involved in the brain damage issue with veterans that Cam was getting in trouble for in 7x01.
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:49 am

bonesparticulat wrote:Where does Avalon fit in with all this? Isn't she supposed to be pivotal? Also, Hannah is a White House correspondent, i don't see why she would be involved in reporting on a serial killer. I can much more see her get involved in the brain damage issue with veterans that Cam was getting in trouble for in 7x01.

Good question. What does Avalon say? I've got no theories on this...yet...but I think Hannah will step out of bounds in doing a story/reporting about the serial killer and this gets her - and maybe our gang - into hot water. It's possible she'll also work with Cam on the brain damage in vets issue, first, and this will make everyone think she's great, and they will welcome her into their midst. But...we know that, as Hannah said herself, she's "trouble" - and I'm guessing a whole lotta trouble.
GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Number of posts : 20
Say What You Want : I have no friends or family who understand my obsession with Bones - and DB! Crazy people, right?
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:49 am

What are your thoughts on the coffee cart scenario? Does anyone think they will meet again at the time they said? Which would be three months after they got back?

I'm really not sure. At first I didn't think so. Now, I'm wondering if Bones/Booth will meet each other there and it will be like....the 'center still holding' type thing. I could see it happening around the brennan centric episode. It would be poignant. But, at the same time....we never know a real timeline and I have no idea how long it's even been since they got back. I suppose now with angela pregnant, we will have a more stable time line this season.

I'm hoping for that coffee cart moment. It doesn't even have to be a romantic thing. i just think BB are drifting and it would be nice to have a moment like that to reign them back in.

I really think that the demise will be a mix of Hannah realizing booth and brennan are in love, and booth realizing he can't move on, Or....it will just be booth realizing it and knowing hannah isn't a replacement and it's not fair to her to continue it.

Or....I'm totally wrong and it'll be something insane and dramatic like hannah getting picked off by the serial killer. I'm hoping not.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:08 am

I have a feeling that the sniper and GD will bring B&B closer...like maybe, Brennan gets seriously injured or she's in danger. No doubt that Booth will come to her rescue. Emily keeps saying that Brennan could be the victim. Bones can't die-no Bones, no Bones...but shse could be seriously injured or in danger.

I'm not sure about Hannah being the victim. HH&Co. keep saying that a "beloved, regular" character will be killed off...and that just doesn't fit with Hannah. It seems like it will be character that heas been on this show for a while. And Hannah is also the one who has the minor operation in epi. 5...because she got shot in Agfhanistan and they have to remove a bullet fragment from her leg or something. We are going to get some "guilty, angsty" Booth moments, but would they do it again? IDK Suspect..but still you never stop wondering, "would they really do that?"
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:17 am

I think the fragment they remove is from her arm or hand which is why in the epi8 sides Brennan is advising her on a different way to hold her hands when she types so it won't hurt as much.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:40 am

Seriously, if we get our Christmas wish of Hannah's departure, I think I might *almost* forgive Hart...but I would expect the last episode of the "Hannah" arc to be a couple episodes after the "Brennan centric" episode...so she can really realize that she missed her moment.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Avalon tells Booth that Raghag is the serial killer. Twisted Evil
I'm only half-joking. Perfect on the outside insecure and cracked on the inside. A bit too perfect, a bit too nice, likes the thrill and the danger..think of the movie "fatal attraction." (if you're not old enough to know what that is - IMDB it) A quick affair turns into a man's worst nightmare. She doesn't just go after him, but his family as well. Hot inappropriate sex in a elevator and before you know it bunnies are being boiled. Of course, the whole ordeal does nothing but HELP the couple's troubled marriage.

You know what, I'm not joking anymore - Raghag's the serial killer. Also keeps the actress around longer - a reoccurring Nemesis. Her style of kill would be more like Booth, not the mental torture of the gravedigger, and the killer is said to be more like Booth in style, and that the killings are personal. Plus, the actress in an expert in some kind of martial art.

Serial killer! Serial killer! Raghag is the serial killer! Ha, ha, haha, ha! drunken
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:35 pm

elyon wrote:I think the fragment they remove is from her arm or hand which is why in the epi8 sides Brennan is advising her on a different way to hold her hands when she types so it won't hurt as much.

Wait I missed something, was this in the sides? The advising her how to hold her hands thing?
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Guys, reminder...this isn't really a place to share your scenarios about "how can HH keep B&B apart longer." It's for people to share their thoughts on what they actually think will happen..and what they want to see happen. This is NOT directed towards anyone specifically. I'm just telling you guys...because I just don't want to see this topic get derailed.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:56 pm

bailey wrote:
elyon wrote:I think the fragment they remove is from her arm or hand which is why in the epi8 sides Brennan is advising her on a different way to hold her hands when she types so it won't hurt as much.

Wait I missed something, was this in the sides? The advising her how to hold her hands thing?

I missed that in the sides too.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:03 pm

I DO want Raghag to be the serial killer! I love the Fatal Attraction idea. Booth has this hot fling with an attractive seemingly normal woman. He was thinking fling, she's thinking more. He tries to make it work, but ultimately can't. He breaks it off. He thinks she's okay with it. Booth goes and begins to try and fix his relationship with Brennan. Brennan tells Booth she figured out in Maluka that she was in love him, but when she saw he was with Raghag she didn't want to upset his happiness.

Booth's phone rings. There's been a sniper killing at Founding fathers ...The killings and places get more and more personal as Brennan and Booth get closer again while working on the case...Fatal Attraction! I think it would be AWESOME!
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:13 pm

tinkrella wrote:
bailey wrote:

It was a brief mention in one of the sides but it never mentioned that it was related to a medical procedure in a few episodes prior. That was a MAJOR leap connecting those 2 things IMO. Brennan also studied kinesiology and it would be soooo like her to point out that dropped wrists while typing would hurt...it's a problem many of us face in the work place.

Last edited by crzy4bones on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by aardvark508 Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:44 pm

I suppose I may have become too cynical regarding the writing but, to me, the simplest answer is that episode 8 is just Lucy getting out the football again for Charlie Brown. It will create hope for the B&Bers (among whom I count myself) which can be, once again, crushed at the end of the season so the cycle can be replayed in an assumed season 7. How will they crush the hope at the end of the season? Who knows. They have a lot of options as this thread amply demonstrates. Given the inceasing implausibility of the separation devices, my money is on Brennen being abducted and impregnated by aliens (this way they can get the baby thing back on board as well as pull the football). If they really want to go the cloying soap opera route, I would suggest Hanna playing the role of Sully and taking an assignment outside of DC and asking Booth to go with her. Booth can then tearfully decline and we can get another departure scene with Booth waving to Hanna and then turning around to see Brennen standing there. We can then get several episodes in which the B&B agonize over why he stayed.

My problem with the Hanna arc, which might have been really meaningful and fun earlier in the series (like season 2 or 3) is that, in season 6, it seems like nothing other than an episode buring mechanism to prevent anything from actually happening while hopefully keeping 7-10M viewers/week interested until the next season. It just feels like contrived delay rather than relevant for progress.

aardvark508

Number of posts : 22
Say What You Want : things are never what they seem
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 am

crzy4bones wrote:
tinkrella wrote:
bailey wrote:

hose
It was a brief mention in one of the sides but it never mentioned that it was related to a medical procedure in a few episodes prior. That was a MAJOR leap connecting those 2 things IMO. Brennan also studied kinesiology and it would be soooo like her to point out that dropped wrists while typing would hurt...it's a problem many of us face in the work place.

I'm pretty good at major leaps. I deduced Angela was pregnant from the glass of soda water so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But my bet's on the surgery.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next