Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Ratings

+5
joybrennan
treble21
jjrobinson73
MI_Bonesgirl
CanadianBones
9 posters

Go down

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Ratings Empty 6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Ratings

Post by CanadianBones Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:13 am

Ratings.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Ratings Empty Re: 6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Ratings

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:44 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Moving to Fox, underrated Bones remained just that, with a solid (and second-place) 6.4/11 in the overnights at 8 p.m

MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Ratings Empty Re: 6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Ratings

Post by jjrobinson73 Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:23 am

So, ratings fell. I knew they would. And I don't really think you should consider this is right after the premier. This is a six year show. Numbers are way lower then they have been in the past. I hope hh realizes not everyone likes the soap opera this has become.
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:33 am

jjrobinson73 wrote:So, ratings fell. I knew they would. And I don't really think you should consider this is right after the premier. This is a six year show. Numbers are way lower then they have been in the past. I hope hh realizes not everyone likes the soap opera this has become.

They did? according to the article that MI posted it says they are up 4% from last year , and even taking into account a loss from last week ( there is always a drop after the premiere last year was a much bigger one), The numbers are lower than they were at their peak last year, but still on par with what the average overall last year was. Bones is still a solid second for the time slot, it has more than twice the viewers as the third rated show.

Percent Change From the Year-Ago Evening (Thursday, October 1, 2009):
CW: +16, Fox: + 4, CBS: + 2, NBC: no change, ABC: -18

Copied From: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:56 am

treble21 wrote:
jjrobinson73 wrote:So, ratings fell. I knew they would. And I don't really think you should consider this is right after the premier. This is a six year show. Numbers are way lower then they have been in the past. I hope hh realizes not everyone likes the soap opera this has become.

They did? according to the article that MI posted it says they are up 4% from last year , and even taking into account a loss from last week ( there is always a drop after the premiere last year was a much bigger one), The numbers are lower than they were at their peak last year, but still on par with what the average overall last year was. Bones is still a solid second for the time slot, it has more than twice the viewers as the third rated show.

Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

Don't faint, treble21 - I agree with you. Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:05 am

^^^ And Hart just tweeted that Bones' ratings dropped less this week than any of the other shows in it's time slot did.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:31 am

I think it will take a continued path of dropping or low ratings for anyone (HH or Fox) to rethink or up their time table of what they have already planned.

I am still looking forward to what is happening on the show. I think the more and more we see Hanah, the more and more we see Brennan change. She might not have done that if she and Booth had just given in to a relationship last year. It may have been more awkward and then fans would be clammering about that. This way Brennan truly will realize what she feels she's lost and could have had. Not really knowing she's never lost Seeley, he's just on loan to someone else for a few episodes.
You can tell that in the way they talk and look at each other. The uncomfortable meter is ranking very high right now.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:41 am

All i know is that Hart and Stephen are happy with the ratings with all of these other shows really losing viewers and a lot shows already being canceled they are doing great.
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:01 pm

anthropologystudent wrote:All i know is that Hart and Stephen are happy with the ratings with all of these other shows really losing viewers and a lot shows already being canceled they are doing great.

I would think they would be pleased considering 2 brand new shows, one "hightly touted" by the critics, Fox's Lonestar, was cancelled after 2 episodes. Another one on ABC, My Generation, which I believe airs opposite Bones, same thing. These days good ratings are just plain nice.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Ratings were down all over the board last night. I just wonder why. Things like that really interest me. Why....did millions of people just....tune out of the TV last night? I know sometimes sports games and such can account for that. But, there wasn't anything huge on. Is it just....a random occurrence? I bet there are people at the networks who do nothing but study this stuff.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:44 pm

tinkrella wrote:Ratings were down all over the board last night. I just wonder why. Things like that really interest me. Why....did millions of people just....tune out of the TV last night? I know sometimes sports games and such can account for that. But, there wasn't anything huge on. Is it just....a random occurrence? I bet there are people at the networks who do nothing but study this stuff.

That is a VERY interesting question...something new to ponder...(and I'm serious, I find stuff like that interesting. Smile)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:20 pm

joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:

Don't faint, treble21 - I agree with you. Laughing

LMAO Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:14 pm

joybrennan wrote:
tinkrella wrote:Ratings were down all over the board last night. I just wonder why. Things like that really interest me. Why....did millions of people just....tune out of the TV last night? I know sometimes sports games and such can account for that. But, there wasn't anything huge on. Is it just....a random occurrence? I bet there are people at the networks who do nothing but study this stuff.

That is a VERY interesting question...something new to ponder...(and I'm serious, I find stuff like that interesting. Smile)

my serious opinion on this because I now know 3 people who this has happened to...Some people are trying to save money and they are getting rid of Cable and TV. TV in general this season has been kind of a up or down thing and I just don't wonder if that doesn't have anything to do with it.
Plus a lot of people are DVR-ing stuff now or watching Online, I know Season 5 I had to catch most of it on Hulu cause I almost always got stuck doing the closing thursday shifts.
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:19 pm

The interesting thing with DVR - apparently if you watch it within three hours of air-time they somehow add it in. Don't know how - just noticed it on the chart.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:27 pm

joybrennan wrote:The interesting thing with DVR - apparently if you watch it within three hours of air-time they somehow add it in. Don't know how - just noticed it on the chart.

I think they should add online stuff too cause I know tons of people that watch on Hulu or FOX.COM
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:32 am

joybrennan wrote:The interesting thing with DVR - apparently if you watch it within three hours of air-time they somehow add it in. Don't know how - just noticed it on the chart.

Ah, then me and treble supported both our shows Thursday night. Lol.

I read somewhere, it might've been a Hart tweet actually, that it's normal for there to be a lot less people watching tv the second week of the season as opposed to premiere week -- I guess because of all the hype that premiere week just has an abnormally high amount of viewers anyway, then it settles out?

What I find funny is that all summer I've been reading and hearing that My Generation was going to be an awesome show, and would give both Bones, and BBT, and Community a real challenge, that they should all be worried because this new show was just amazing. And then it only lasts two weeks? Wow, either this show (which I didn't watch because of its time slot) deserved more of a chance in another time/day .... or it really wasn't all that good to start with and was just way over hyped. Critics are just loud people with opinions, that's why I like to watch things for myself. Smile
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:43 am

bailey wrote:

Ah, then me and treble supported both our shows Thursday night. Lol.

I read somewhere, it might've been a Hart tweet actually, that it's normal for there to be a lot less people watching tv the second week of the season as opposed to premiere week -- I guess because of all the hype that premiere week just has an abnormally high amount of viewers anyway, then it settles out?

What I find funny is that all summer I've been reading and hearing that My Generation was going to be an awesome show, and would give both Bones, and BBT, and Community a real challenge, that they should all be worried because this new show was just amazing. And then it only lasts two weeks? Wow, either this show (which I didn't watch because of its time slot) deserved more of a chance in another time/day .... or it really wasn't all that good to start with and was just way over hyped. Critics are just loud people with opinions, that's why I like to watch things for myself. Smile

I watched My Generation - not the kind of show to put in a killer time slot. Not that it wasn't good, but the scope is too huge to cover in 45 minutes (15 for commericals in an hour show) Ittries to introduce everyone all at once, which means you don't learn much about any of the. No The second ep was structured better than the first...but still had issues. Good concept good stories, major time/structure issues. It's the kind of show needs the time and space to grow an audience, and THEN move it somewhere competitive. Oh well. Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:41 am

The hype probably has a lot to do with it. I agree. Some shows are hyped up to be these great things....and then they aren't. Like V last season and Flash Forward. It sometimes seems like the shows with the least amount of hype do the best. People sometimes like to watch 'the show know one knows about' like a secret or something.

In the next few years, it's going to be really interesting to see what networks do about the ratings system. WIth digital cable, the internet, and DVR....it's almost impossible to count on neilson anymore. The internet watches don't count yet. Which, is the reason a lot of show runners don't like the fact that the networks put their shows online the next day. The networks had to do it to cut down on the illegal downloading. At least if it's on their site, they can put ads and sponsors in.

A big problem, is that technology is changing faster than the industries. This happened with the record industry and MP3/Internet and it's been happening with TV for awhile....they just have been too slow on the uptake.

The days are kind of gone....where it matters what night you are home for your shows b/c I know in the back of my head I can just record it. Of course, I make it a point to watch bones Wink

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm

The whole ratings system baffles me anyway. I mean, they don't actual *know* what every watches right? Just what a handful of people are watching and then they do some sort of formula and go from there.

And I agree about the hype, it's the reason I never got into watching Lost or Grey's Anatomy.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down