Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion

+39
Pat
DoctorB
GryphonTatoo
marebear
Zygomatic
bella
RubyRuby
bailey
peacefield
ReginaPhalange
jcn747
ddc
spectacularviews
Brain&Heart
lancelot
adbyadby
Cassiopeia
recoveringbonesaddict
future_anthro
joybrennan
tinkrella
treble21
southerngirl
jhi1005
jro54
katharine
MI_Bonesgirl
BBShipper
crzy4bones
Blue_Ink
dreamerktm411
SnoopGirl
ShannonQ
jonezn4Bones
DBCrazy
willgirl
anthropologystudent
flyersfan35
CanadianBones
43 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: 6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion

Post by joybrennan Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:56 am

lancelot wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:I can't agree that Booth is impulsive (especially with his line of work). He is a gambler though and Gamblers are risk takers.

Hannah is jealous that Brennan gets to do the dangerous stuff with Booth. She does not have him completely. Brennan is and always has been closer to that.

Actually I think Booth and Brennan are a lot alike they both think things through but they have different frames of reference. That is what gives each of them their integrity. We'll find out whether Hannah has the same kind of core as Booth and Brennan or if she is just all about the adventure and troublemaking. If that's so, I don't think either one of them would respect that.

In his work, no, he isn't impulsive. However in his personal/emotional life I'd say that he is. Like he when to go tell Cam off - and ended up in bed with her. Like he shot the clown out of frustration, like walking out of Sweets office and asking Brennan to "give this a shot."

I think Booth's character is VERY inconsistent. Him walking out of Sweets office and addressing the issue with Brennan on Sweets suggestion was really out of character IMO. That's my frustration with the character throughout the years. I think Brennan has been much more consistent and has shown growth. Booth has just changed IMO.

The Cam thing I think is interesting because he ended up with Cam after he decided to finally put an end to seeing his EX - distraction from what he thinks is a bad situation.? Sounds a lot like now.

I thought both the ex AND Cam were him unconsciously avoiding his feelings for Brennan. Laughing Mainly because he has that really intimate scene with Brennan and giving her the little pig. Then goes from that to being in bed with Cam.

As for the inconsistency... I'm wondering if they're going to do more work with the addiction stuff. I mean, going to an AA meeting...his brother's an alcoholic, so was his dad, he gambles and rescues... Some of the behavior could be explained by that part of his personality, could be an interesting way to explore Booth's past. (I'm actually using the addiction issue in a fanfic, it's the only thing that made sense to me for his behavior in the 100th Rolling Eyes)

I hope they do. I think they've thrown out some really interesting stuff about Booth but never really developed it like they do with Brennan. Maybe this year.

He's definitely got adult child of an alcoholic stamped all over him.
ABSOLUTELY. Neutral
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: 6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:26 am

Quotes are getting too long.

@GryphonTatoo Actually, HH didn't say that we would hate the writers for 2 or 3 episodes. That came from an anonymous source who was apparently high or smoking something...because they also said that we would be "dancing in are underwear" by the season finale. Rolling Eyes HH really doesn't give out too much spoilers anymore...ever since he let it slip that B&B would hook up in the season 4 finale. Only if the episode if the episode is already written or shot, then he might say something.

...but I totally agree you that Hannah might be around a lot longer than we want. I'm preparing myself for her to be around all season. Rolling Eyes We'll see what happens. I dreaded this storyline…because I'm a hardcore B&B shipper, but I gave it a chance…and I was wrong. I think this storyline is absolutely brilliant. I already think this season is going to be better than last season. I’m not saying that it won’t be painful…or that I want Booth and Hannah to run together and get married. It will be painful to watch…and I still don’t like watching B&B with other people…but Brennan needs to wake up of her 6 year coma of denial. She needs to be able to admit her feelings for Booth…and has started to wake up. Her character has changed so much in the last 2 episodes than we have seen in the last 5 seasons. I’m not part of the “expect the unexpected, this is the season” group…but I have no doubt that Hannah will push B&B closer to becoming a couple. Brennan realizing her feelings for Booth? That’s progress, baby!!!! And no matter how tiny the progress is, it is definitely worth getting excited over. cheers cheers
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:20 am

jro54 wrote:Quotes are getting too long.

@GryphonTatoo Actually, HH didn't say that we would hate the writers for 2 or 3 episodes. That came from an anonymous source who was apparently high or smoking something...because they also said that we would be "dancing in are underwear" by the season finale. Rolling Eyes HH really doesn't give out too much spoilers anymore...ever since he let it slip that B&B would hook up in the season 4 finale. Only if the episode if the episode is already written or shot, then he might say something.

...but I totally agree you that Hannah might be around a lot longer than we want. I'm preparing myself for her to be around all season. Rolling Eyes We'll see what happens. I dreaded this storyline…because I'm a hardcore B&B shipper, but I gave it a chance…and I was wrong. I think this storyline is absolutely brilliant. I already think this season is going to be better than last season. I’m not saying that it won’t be painful…or that I want Booth and Hannah to run together and get married. It will be painful to watch…and I still don’t like watching B&B with other people…but Brennan needs to wake up of her 6 year coma of denial. She needs to be able to admit her feelings for Booth…and has started to wake up. Her character has changed so much in the last 2 episodes than we have seen in the last 5 seasons. I’m not part of the “expect the unexpected, this is the season” group…but I have no doubt that Hannah will push B&B closer to becoming a couple. Brennan realizing her feelings for Booth? That’s progress, baby!!!! And no matter how tiny the progress is, it is definitely worth getting excited over. cheers cheers

Sorry about the long quote thing. I'll watch that in the future. Still learning my way around the ABY.

Oh, and I thought HH said those things. Oops. My bad. It is great to see Brennan waking up...finally. Definitely a lot of progress with Brennan in these first two episodes - and way more than I expected. Woo hoo! Very Happy I just hope we don't see her backslide...that would be sheer torture. Did I even bring that up? Yikes.

Before the season started, I had the feeling this was THE season, but I'm not so sure now. Especially if HH gets to keep the show on the air another couple of years. Hmm...we'll get progress, but maybe not as much as I'm thinking, but I can live with baby steps.

I'm kind of hoping we're in for lots of surprises. I love being surpised...oh, the drama. LOL! What I do know is that I'll keep watching, no matter what. This is the ONLY show I currently watch on TV.
GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Number of posts : 20
Say What You Want : I have no friends or family who understand my obsession with Bones - and DB! Crazy people, right?
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:39 am

GryphonTatoo wrote:
jro54 wrote:Quotes are getting too long.

Sorry about the long quote thing. I'll watch that in the future. Still learning my way around the ABY.

Oh, and I thought HH said those things. Oops. My bad. It is great to see Brennan waking up...finally. Definitely a lot of progress with Brennan in these first two episodes - and way more than I expected. Woo hoo! Very Happy I just hope we don't see her backslide...that would be sheer torture. Did I even bring that up? Yikes.

Before the season started, I had the feeling this was THE season, but I'm not so sure now. Especially if HH gets to keep the show on the air another couple of years. Hmm...we'll get progress, but maybe not as much as I'm thinking, but I can live with baby steps.

I'm kind of hoping we're in for lots of surprises. I love being surpised...oh, the drama. LOL! What I do know is that I'll keep watching, no matter what. This is the ONLY show I currently watch on TV.

It's okay. No worries. B&B will only get together if it they don't renewed for another season, then the last 4 or 3 episodes would be rewritten...because HH says he really doesn't want to put B&B together in the very last episode Rolling Eyes ...but at least we are getting some progress. I feel like Brennan realizing her feelings is just tiny step to becoming a couple. I'm okay with it. For me, it's not about just B&B being together. I'm wayyyy more interesting in watching how they get together. It's all about the journey, not the destination...so I'm okay with waiting until the end. Just as long as cases are interesting, B&B have their chemistry....and no marriages, engagments or pregnancies with other people.

jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:17 pm

I'm not sure how long Hannah will be around, I'm preparing for the worse but seeing how much progress Brennan has made already and hearing Booth say "it's still love" in this episode, actually makes me think Hannah may be around a little less than I orginially assumed.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that Brennan has already admitted so much and showed so much emotion and change. This storyline is going to be painful to watch, but I suppose that's what good television does, it makes you feel something -- and this episode definitely made me feel.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Hearing Booths say, "it's still love," spoke more to me than the BS he gave Sweets about how "happy" and "in love" he is. To me, means that he's telling Bones that he still loves her in his own little roundabout way. He knows that he still loves Bones, but he thinks that it's not going to work out...and that he has to move on, so he's making the best of it with Hannah. He has feelings for Hannah...but he's not in love with her. He's trying to make it seem he's really "happy," but he knows that he's not completely happy.

My biggest fear was that Hannah would leave Booth all sad and broken hearted...because I don't want to see Booth all sad and mopey again...and I don't see how B&B could possible ever get together if that happens because to me, it would seem like Brennan is the rebound...but if Booth really means when he says, "It's still love," which I'm quessing he does and he realizes that he'll always love Bones, then she shouldn't be to broken up about IF Hannah leaves him...and that just makes me feel happy. Smile It just gives me peace of mind. 2Tup

Last edited by jro54 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Whoa there, careful, that post has a spoiler in it. Smile
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:20 pm

bailey wrote:Whoa there, careful, that post has a spoiler in it. Smile

Thanks, I fixed it.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:16 pm

jro54 wrote:Hearing Booths say, "it's still love," spoke more to me than the BS he gave Sweets about how "happy" and "in love" he is. To me, means that he's telling Bones that he still loves her in his own little roundabout way. He knows that he still loves Bones, but he thinks that it's not going to work out...and that he has to move on, so he's making the best of it with Hannah. He has feelings for Hannah...but he's not in love with her. He's trying to make it seem he's really "happy," but he knows that he's not completely happy.

Just want to point out that he actually said to Bones 'it was still love' - not trying to rain on any B&B's parade because I'm a shipper for them too but you could argue that it was implying the love between them at least for him is now history.

Of course we B&B fans know this is a load of crap! May be I'm reading to much on the use of the word, better to concentrate on the look he gives her over his glass when he says it to make us feel better.

Still I thought it was very sad that Bones was basically telling him that all the things he had done for her before (like taking a bullet for her) were now meaningless and looked silly because clearly he had stopped loving her and moved on to someone else. This of course reinforcing her view that love is just a transitory thing. Funny I can only watch these episodes once and then that's it, because they are too angst inducing to sit through what with Emily's great reactions and DB's new 'I'm going to act like I simply don't care what you say now' routine for Booth. the last shot at bar with Bones after they had left for dinner was so poignant, music was great too there, that song could have been written for her.

Gut wrenching but brilliant. Come on Booth start showing some recognition of Bones's pain otherwise I shall want to kick the TV in frustration.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:23 pm

bella wrote:

Still I thought it was very sad that Bones was basically telling him that all the things he had done for her before (like taking a bullet for her) were now meaningless and looked silly because clearly he had stopped loving her and moved on to someone else. This of course reinforcing her view that love is just a transitory thing.

Totally agree with your whole post but especially this bit, I thought it was really sad especially the way Booth is acting so oblivious and ignoring Brennan. Back to my theory that in order to salvage what's left of BB's relationship, we will need to see Booth prove to Brennan that he does love her and will love her forever.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:37 pm

bella wrote:
jro54 wrote:Hearing Booths say, "it's still love," spoke more to me than the BS he gave Sweets about how "happy" and "in love" he is. To me, means that he's telling Bones that he still loves her in his own little roundabout way. He knows that he still loves Bones, but he thinks that it's not going to work out...and that he has to move on, so he's making the best of it with Hannah. He has feelings for Hannah...but he's not in love with her. He's trying to make it seem he's really "happy," but he knows that he's not completely happy.

Just want to point out that he actually said to Bones 'it was still love' - not trying to rain on any B&B's parade because I'm a shipper for them too but you could argue that it was implying the love between them at least for him is now history.

Of course we B&B fans know this is a load of crap! May be I'm reading to much on the use of the word, better to concentrate on the look he gives her over his glass when he says it to make us feel better.

Still I thought it was very sad that Bones was basically telling him that all the things he had done for her before (like taking a bullet for her) were now meaningless and looked silly because clearly he had stopped loving her and moved on to someone else. This of course reinforcing her view that love is just a transitory thing. Funny I can only watch these episodes once and then that's it, because they are too angst inducing to sit through what with Emily's great reactions and DB's new 'I'm going to act like I simply don't care what you say now' routine for Booth. the last shot at bar with Bones after they had left for dinner was so poignant, music was great too there, that song could have been written for her.

Gut wrenching but brilliant. Come on Booth start showing some recognition of Bones's pain otherwise I shall want to kick the TV in frustration.

I think you can tell in the looks between them that whole show that he may not yet understand that she is changing her mind, but that he does miss her. He just doesn't want to. That's why he keeps confessing his undying love about Hanah to Sweets.
When they were in the diner and Brennan said that she thought about them as a couple, of course she ruined it with her fantasy thoughts, but the look on Booth's face was priceless.
No matter what she says to him right now to make herself available, he is going to change the subject. That's why he didn't invite her to dinner, but Hanah did.
Hanah is scoping out her competition. Booth wants to divide them, but I don't think really conquer just move past. But he won't be able to.
Hanah's eagerness to please, her eager nature (I'm putting that nicely) in the face of her new boring job, and I think her PDA around Brennan will be her downfall. I think she will push too many buttons for Booth and he won't like it.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:10 am

bella wrote:

I don't understand your post. If you mean that the love between B&B isn't there any more...than I respectfully disagree with you. It's was still love. Brennan left a mark on him. A mark that's not easily going to away. Then you have all the little looks...like that smile he gives her when she says that she felt love before. He still loves Brennan...but she rejected him. He thinks that she doesn't love him that she doesn't want to be with him. I'm not bashing Brennan by any means...but he thinks he's doing what she wants him to do. She tells me that she wants to be partners..and then when he says that he has to move on, she says I know.

Just to me, Booth still loves Brennan. Deep down he's knows he's not completely happy...but he tries to convince himself and everyone that he's so "happy" and "in love." He's giving Sweets BS about how "happy" and "in love" he is. He doesn't go by the lab anymore. He's separating himself not just from Brennan, but from everyone.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:24 am

I think Brennan is struggling with the idea that he could love someone do all these loving things for them and it come to an end. Was it worth it? His answer is YES. Does it mean those things were meaningless - NO. The fact that the relationship is not where it is now doesn't mean there was never love or that any act of love is futile.

I thought it was interesting that he answered her so matter of factly, but honestly. "It was still love" - even if i'm not acting on it. He's not going to get sucked into wondering if there's hope on her end. He's shutting that down.

I think Booth is distancing himself from her because he is trying to figure out the boundaries (separate what was the partnership and what was personal) If this is anything like real life he'll start out very distant and inch closer until he knows what's comfortable. The "I'll pounce on him like a flea" was an inch closer and Brennan felt it. I don't think he's going to get as close as Brennan wants for a while and definitely while Hannah is around. Brennan is going to figure out that a lot of their relationship was beyond partnership and a lot of his behavior toward her was because he loved her. What she really wants is not just a partnership. You can tell she's not satisfied with that.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:13 am

lancelot wrote: I think Booth is distancing himself from her because he is trying to figure out the boundaries (separate what was the partnership and what was personal)

Like so many other posters have said, "Angela--Please take that girl shopping!" Maybe we'll see that as a part of their more focused relationship.

Also, I don't think anyone has commented on DB's acting in the Couple in the Cave episode. Brennan has me absolutely teary-eyed but I also get such a wistful vibe from DB; like, he knows he is not going to be able to move on but he wants to be wanted. ED/DB chemistry is being channeled in a different way and it hurts me to watch them. There is a scene at the end of the book "The Prince of Tides" when Tom Wingo describes the pain of having a real life and a secret life: I hear Booth whispering "Brennan. Brennan" in his heart and I instantly forgive him for Raghag (and, I never thought I would). Bravo to everyone for such great acting.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:06 am

Pat wrote: I also get such a wistful vibe from DB; like, he knows he is not going to be able to move on but he wants to be wanted. ED/DB chemistry is being channeled in a different way and it hurts me to watch them. There is a scene at the end of the book "The Prince of Tides" when Tom Wingo describes the pain of having a real life and a secret life: I hear Booth whispering "Brennan. Brennan" in his heart and I instantly forgive him for Raghag (and, I never thought I would). Bravo to everyone for such great acting.

That's exactly what i get. He NEEDS to be loved...and he's playing it very well.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:57 am

Yes! I agree with both of you, lancelot and Pat. Booth needs to feel loved and Hannah is fulfilling all his needs right now. Something, IMO, he's needed for a long time. I see him distancing himself, out of self preservation...but I don't see what others have said that he's being mean to Brennan or trying to ignore her. Booth hears what she SAYS, but since Brennan doesn't DO anything different, nothing has changed. Most of all, I love the way DB elicits that wistfulness and emotion from his expressions. And ED, too. Kudos to both of them. It's amazing...beautiful and painful to watch.
GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Say What You Want : I have no friends or family who understand my obsession with Bones - and DB! Crazy people, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 pm

GryphonTatoo wrote:Yes! I agree with both of you, lancelot and Pat. Booth needs to feel loved and Hannah is fulfilling all his needs right now. Something, IMO, he's needed for a long time. I see him distancing himself, out of self preservation...but I don't see what others have said that he's being mean to Brennan or trying to ignore her. Booth hears what she SAYS, but since Brennan doesn't DO anything different, nothing has changed. Most of all, I love the way DB elicits that wistfulness and emotion from his expressions. And ED, too. Kudos to both of them. It's amazing...beautiful and painful to watch.

that's exactly how I would describe it too. AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL yet.....ohhhh so heart crushing at the same time. To be honest, that speaks volumes for their acting talents. Maybe I'm picky, but their aren't many characters/actors that move me to tears. I'm not easily wooed. I suppose. lol ED (and DB when Booth is sad) just have this knack for making you feel like you want to burst into tears with just a simple glance or phrase.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by marebear Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Here's something I noticed from both this episode and Ep 1. Most of the squints seem to be making mistakes or their "spidey senses" are a little bit out of tune. For example, Sweets made a bad call in Ep 1 when he told Booth and Brennan that he thought the father was innocent in the child's disappearance and was also told by Booth, in so many words, in Ep 2 that his mojo wasn't working.

Angela's facial reconstruction of the victim in Ep 2 was off as well, looked more like Clooney than the victim actually did. How about Brennan herself with the erroneous assumptions of the injuries in "The Couple in the Cave?" Even Booth seems to be making poor judgement calls in the cases.

Something is going on that we are all missing. "Nothing happens unless first a dream." Brennan's admission to Sweets and Booth that she had a dream about her and Booth being together. All the characters are a bit off.

Now the discussion comes in as to whether there is something else going on or they are all just a little rusty from being away from the lab and each other for 7 months. I really think there is something we are missing as fans. My spidey sense are tingling.

marebear

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:42 pm

I think the fact the team is not working to their full potential is because of the "mastadon in the room" as it were. Booth and Brennan are the centre and they are not doing so great right now, Oh they are both trying but it's obvious that they are struggling, and there's some cracks in that centre right now.

centre? or center? I'm Canadian so I'm going with centre.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:46 pm

Centre!!!!! Very Happy I'm with you.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:11 pm

treble21 wrote:I think the fact the team is not working to their full potential is because of the "mastadon in the room" as it were. Booth and Brennan are the centre and they are not doing so great right now, Oh they are both trying but it's obvious that they are struggling, and there's some cracks in that centre right now.

centre? or center? I'm Canadian so I'm going with centre.

They said the center must hold and it's not holding. Yes, they might be working together, but they are not in the same relationship post their 7 month absence. That is why, which I agree with all of you, things are off kilter for them.

I will say this again, I feel so bad for those folks not wanting to watch this season (during the SO storyline) just because of Hanah, because I think they are missing the great build up to a (hopefully) fabulous reconcilliation for Bones and Booth.
I was really not wanting to take on this season after the disaster, IMO, at the end of the last one, but I am enjoying myself so far.
I think part of it is the lack of such great expectations. When we got wind last season that they might "hook up" in a relationship with all of the build up of the 100th, I waited with baited breath for Thursday night. Now, I think I'm just enjoying what's happening, even after reading spoilers. It's like I don't have overwhelming expectations, but I am still pleased with the outcomes so far. Does that make sense???

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:36 pm

tinkrella wrote:
GryphonTatoo wrote:Yes! I agree with both of you, lancelot and Pat. Booth needs to feel loved and Hannah is fulfilling all his needs right now. Something, IMO, he's needed for a long time. I see him distancing himself, out of self preservation...but I don't see what others have said that he's being mean to Brennan or trying to ignore her. Booth hears what she SAYS, but since Brennan doesn't DO anything different, nothing has changed. Most of all, I love the way DB elicits that wistfulness and emotion from his expressions. And ED, too. Kudos to both of them. It's amazing...beautiful and painful to watch.

that's exactly how I would describe it too. AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL yet.....ohhhh so heart crushing at the same time. To be honest, that speaks volumes for their acting talents. Maybe I'm picky, but their aren't many characters/actors that move me to tears. I'm not easily wooed. I suppose. lol ED (and DB when Booth is sad) just have this knack for making you feel like you want to burst into tears with just a simple glance or phrase.

I'm also very very picky. Like, this is the only TV show I watch, because it moves me. None of the others do. ED and DB are unbeatable when it comes to making me FEEL - and that's the whole point of watching, IMO. I think they both come by this expressive ability naturally.
GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:46 pm

I haven't read all the pages, so this may have already been posted... but one thing I gotta say (for me) is that when Booth tries to "sell" his love for Hannah to Sweets and others,... while SURE he is trying too hard and is trying to convince everyone... for me I have to disagree with the idea that Booth "knows" he loves Brennan still and is just "doing what she wants" and so forth. Does Booth love Brennan- well, duh... sure! Very Happy But does Booth "KNOW" he still loves Brennan- I actually DON'T think he does right now. I don't think he is self aware at all right now of that fact. It's buried so dam* deep out of self preservation that he won't even open that door a crack right now. (which is only IN character!) So I think he really does THINK he loves Hannah only... he's convinced himself of this (and when he verbalizes it so much he's solidifying it for himself over and over too.) Of course this can only last so long before it cracks. He can only convince himself of this for so long, now that Brennan's back in front of him again.

And I try not to read "too much" into the little wordings, because it could mean something or could just be coincidental writing... but Booth said 2 things I noticed especially... 1- about Hannah: "I couldn't ask her to leave just like she couldn't get me to stay" (To Bones about him 'not leaving' Hannah) ... "ask" and "couldn't get" are 2 very different statements... did Hannah try to get him to stay? and 2- "you're gonna be trouble while your hear aren't you" (to Hannah). ... "while you're hear"... hmm... Is it really a casual "we love each other but we know we're not planning a serious future 'thing', "riding the wave" like Booth's convo w/ sweets. Existing on adrenaline and sex in the 'honeymoon phase' of a relationship? Rebound anyone? Very Happy Just food for thought. It could be nothing more than a few words that mean nothing... but they kept tapping away at me when I viewed the episode. Little hints to the audience about they way things are... or meaningless? scratch
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:56 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:I haven't read all the pages, so this may have already been posted... but one thing I gotta say (for me) is that when Booth tries to "sell" his love for Hannah to Sweets and others,... while SURE he is trying too hard and is trying to convince everyone... for me I have to disagree with the idea that Booth "knows" he loves Brennan still and is just "doing what she wants" and so forth. Does Booth love Brennan- well, duh... sure! Very Happy But does Booth "KNOW" he still loves Brennan- I actually DON'T think he does right now. I don't think he is self aware at all right now of that fact. It's buried so dam* deep out of self preservation that he won't even open that door a crack right now. (which is only IN character!) So I think he really does THINK he loves Hannah only... he's convinced himself of this (and when he verbalizes it so much he's solidifying it for himself over and over too.) Of course this can only last so long before it cracks. He can only convince himself of this for so long, now that Brennan's back in front of him again.

And I try not to read "too much" into the little wordings, because it could mean something or could just be coincidental writing... but Booth said 2 things I noticed especially... 1- about Hannah: "I couldn't ask her to leave just like she couldn't get me to stay" (To Bones about him 'not leaving' Hannah) ... "ask" and "couldn't get" are 2 very different statements... did Hannah try to get him to stay? and 2- "you're gonna be trouble while your hear aren't you" (to Hannah). ... "while you're hear"... hmm... Is it really a casual "we love each other but we know we're not planning a serious future 'thing', "riding the wave" like Booth's convo w/ sweets. Existing on adrenaline and sex in the 'honeymoon phase' of a relationship? Rebound anyone? Very Happy Just food for thought. It could be nothing more than a few words that mean nothing... but they kept tapping away at me when I viewed the episode. Little hints to the audience about they way things are... or meaningless? scratch

I doubt they are meaningless. Nice catches. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:09 pm

He has to realize that he still loves Brennan. "It was still love," to me means that even if he has "moved on," it doesn't change how he felt about Brennan. She left a mark on him. A mark that can't easily go away.

What if Booth still thinks he's "in love" with Hannah...and something happens to her or she leaves him all sad and broken hearted...then if B&B ever get together, it'll seem like Brennan is the "rebound girl." affraid He HAS to realize that he still loves Brennan...and my optimisitc bubble just popped. Sad
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next