Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One thing I like about Emily among many things

+2
bugaboo628
puckishbearscubsfan
6 posters

Go down

One thing I like about Emily among many things Empty One thing I like about Emily among many things

Post by puckishbearscubsfan Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:57 am

Is that she actually practices what she preaches unlike so many celebrities who do the "Do as I say Not as I do" or do things when they have a full house staff and nannies and expect us to do the same when we don't. For example it's easy for them to tell us to use products that cost much more than others when they make millions or make the work harder when they don't have to do it themselves.

I love in particular the ones who tell us all to be environmentally aware but they take seperate limos to every award show, take private jets and most of their homes are lit up like the sky even when they aren't in town.

Or talk about jobs in the US when they make movies outside the US all the time. They bash corporations for moving jobs oveseas but they take their movies elsewhere to film.

I said this in the wedding thread but I thought it was worth a seperate post.

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

One thing I like about Emily among many things Empty Re: One thing I like about Emily among many things

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:35 am

I couldn't agree with you more! Very Happy
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

One thing I like about Emily among many things Empty Re: One thing I like about Emily among many things

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:11 am

puckishbearscubsfan wrote:Is that she actually practices what she preaches unlike so many celebrities who do the "Do as I say Not as I do" or do things when they have a full house staff and nannies and expect us to do the same when we don't. For example it's easy for them to tell us to use products that cost much more than others when they make millions or make the work harder when they don't have to do it themselves.

I love in particular the ones who tell us all to be environmentally aware but they take seperate limos to every award show, take private jets and most of their homes are lit up like the sky even when they aren't in town.

Or talk about jobs in the US when they make movies outside the US all the time. They bash corporations for moving jobs oveseas but they take their movies elsewhere to film.

I said this in the wedding thread but I thought it was worth a seperate post.
Absolutely, it's one of the things that really attracted me to her early on. Here's a beautiful, intelligent, talented actress and she's passionate about the environment and her vegan lifestyle and she actually lives what she advocates. She doesn't live in a McMansion, but shares a duplex that she bought with her sister, and she's not a Hollywood VINO (Vegan in Name Only), but a woman who adopted the diet when she was still a young girl. It's just so refreshing to find someone so...genuine. And the fact that she's an amazing actress, well sometimes that seems like the icing on the cake, ya' know?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:14 am

I agree! Great thread. I first noticed it about her when I saw she had a prius and carries around that sig water bottle AND always has her reusable bags. she also said she remodeled her duplex so that it was more 'green.' I'm pretty sure she said she was looking into solar panels too. It's great to see. It's so easy for celebs to spout off about topics that boost their image. It's another to actually live that way.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:38 am

tinkrella wrote:I agree! Great thread. I first noticed it about her when I saw she had a prius and carries around that sig water bottle AND always has her reusable bags. she also said she remodeled her duplex so that it was more 'green.' I'm pretty sure she said she was looking into solar panels too. It's great to see. It's so easy for celebs to spout off about topics that boost their image. It's another to actually live that way.

Actually the last article I saw with her about greening her house, said she was holding off on solar panels because she didn't know how long she'd be living there. Guess that comment makes more sense now. Smile

And yes, I love that Emily is what she says she is. I mean she drives a Prius? So many people, not just celebrities, live for status, "Hey, look what I got!" ... and cars are a big symbol of that for soooo many people ... so the fact that she could most likely buy any car she wanted and she goes for something practical astounds me.

Even more amazing to me, is that she was raised with money and she still seems so down to Earth ... what a great compliment to Caleb and Mary Jo's parenting skills.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Emily, to me from interviews, seems sweet and vivacious, with still a hint of shy about her. She seems to me a woman that would make a great BFF. She's a rarity in LALA land, beauty through and through. Not too many of those running around out there.
Kudos to her family for raising two strong, intelligent, outspoken daughters that understand life is what's important not Hollywood.
DB is lucky to have such a grounding costar and from all accounts that I hear, friend.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:02 pm

katharine wrote:Emily, to me from interviews, seems sweet and vivacious, with still a hint of shy about her. She seems to me a woman that would make a great BFF. She's a rarity in LALA land, beauty through and through. Not too many of those running around out there.
Kudos to her family for raising two strong, intelligent, outspoken daughters that understand life is what's important not Hollywood.
DB is lucky to have such a grounding costar and from all accounts that I hear, friend.
She's all those things and more, and I think it comes from being raised in a family that is deeply ingrained in the industry but has managed to remain grounded (her mother and father are still together after 38 years!). It gave her something unusual in Hollyweird, a stable home life.

BTW, she and David are supposed to be great friends and from all accounts he's quite protective of her. During their "sex" scene in TEITB Emily was exceptionally nervous and he's reported to have asked Hart to dismiss everyone from the set who didn't have to be there to put Emily more at ease.

king RM

THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down