Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Thing.... -a one shot fanfic

Go down

One Thing.... -a one shot fanfic Empty One Thing.... -a one shot fanfic

Post by Bremilyfan Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:52 am

This idea was-for lack of a better word-haunting me last night after the 100th (which I LOVED btw) so here it is, friends!

One Thing
“Sweets, you called,” Brennan said, slightly annoyed, as she entered the young doctor’s office.

Sweets stood, “Oh, yes Dr. Brennan,” he motioned to the chair, “please, sit.” She looked at the chair and looked back up at him, still standing. “Or… not,” he fell back into his own chair.

“Do you have a reason for asking me here Dr. Sweets?”

“Yes, I do. It’s just… ever since you and Agent Booth described your first case to me, one thing about it has been bothering me--”

“Sweets, as we said before, Booth and I did not engage in sexual intercourse!”

“No, I understand that, but… I don’t understand why. Why not have sex with him? From what I gathered, you both wanted to. The cab was there, so why not?”

“I… I don’t… we had been drinking and--”

“So,” Sweets mused. “What’s the problem with a little fun? A one nightstand? Were you afraid of regrets?

“Of course not,” her eyes were cold. He was getting there.

“Do you care about Agent Booth, Dr. Brennan? It’s obvious you do. You didn’t want to mess up your relationship so you made a reasonable decision. But how much? How much do you care abo--”

“Too much!!” she shouted. And the dam broke. “Too much… I can’t be with him because I can’t hurt him! It never works! Whenever something good happens I screw it up! It’s selfish, I’m selfish! But I can’t let him go! I don’t know why and I can’t figure it out and that scares me! I’m scared to be with him… but I’m even more scared to be without him… and I don’t know why… if I could be different… I would! But I can’t change… I can’t change…” she fell into the seat she had objected to before and caught her tear striped face in her hands.

Sweets stared at her for a moment: he had never seen her like this and he was convinced he never would. “Uh… Dr. Brennan,” he knelt down in front of her, speaking softly. “Dr. Brennan, I’m going to suggest something, both as your psychologist… and your friend… and I highly recommend you consider it. Go tell Booth… everything you just told me. And I promise you, it will be okay.”
Bremilyfan
Bremilyfan

Number of posts : 12
Say What You Want : BONES IS BEST!!

Brennan fan + Emily fan=Bremilyfan
Smile
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down