Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+51
Matthie
adbyadby
aardvark508
future_anthro
jonezn4Bones
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Blue_Ink
Pat
AmandaFriend
flyersfan35
i_heart_bones
howie
joybrennan
Kasper
bella
Fi1975
empiricist
NY2KS
geraghtyvl
Cassiopeia
ReginaPhalange
andreana22
MI_Bonesgirl
MoonlightGardenias
lancelot
Ankuuh
DoctorB
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
bones fan 99
royaldinerlurker
treble21
SJB
phoebsfan
crzy4bones
tinkrella
Lorna Doone
Lo
iheartbooth
SnoopGirl
dreamerktm411
jro54
CanadianBones
HermioneGirl101
Miller259
katharine
bailey
dawnsfire
bugaboo628
gordongordonfan
THX1138
55 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:29 am

jro54 wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:
REMINDER!

Promos are considered spoilers. Please do not discuss next week's promo in this thread.

I wasn't discussing anything that happens in next week's episode. The specific scene that I'm curious to see does happen in this episode according to the various reviews that I've read.

It wasn't directed specifically at you; I am sorry if you took it that way. It was just another reminder ~ talk of promos often leads to speculation about future episodes which just creates one big mess! Very Happy
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by iheartbooth Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:35 am

I am lukewarm about the premiere. I liked the scene with Angela and Bones in the diner. I hope we get to see more of their relationship this season, and I enjoyed A&H and the baby. I agree w/Katharine that this could quite poss. be the season (finally!), but I am still going to find the Hannah plotline and the obvious unease between B&B upsetting.

OH, and Booth def. said that his relationship w/Hannah was "serious as a heart attack". He might not have used those words, but it was implied...
iheartbooth
iheartbooth

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:38 am

@jro54 -
The heart attack thing -
Pretty much what you saw from the previous promos for this episode.
Booth says - serious as a heart attack
Brennan - heart attacks are very serious
Booth - yes they are very serious
But not anything about his relationship.
I am going to go back and watch the scene that the reporter, Kristin (I think that's her name) says about Brennan's look when Booth takes down the bag guy - says it all about her feelings.
I thought she was very sweet to the child in the park, but the look didn't stand out as much to me as the look on her face when she first saw Booth on the stairs. I thought that said it all for her. IMO, she knows she shouldn't have left and she's going to be sad with the predicaments it has caused for her life. We will see it only in looks though, I don't think words yet.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:41 am

dawnsfire wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:
REMINDER!

Promos are considered spoilers. Please do not discuss next week's promo in this thread.

I don't understand that at all. They aired, so they should be open for regular discussion. But whatever. Rolling Eyes

queen

Believe it or not but there are people who avoid promos to be completely spoiler free.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:43 am

iheartbooth wrote:I am lukewarm about the premiere. I liked the scene with Angela and Bones in the diner. I hope we get to see more of their relationship this season, and I enjoyed A&H and the baby. I agree w/Katharine that this could quite poss. be the season (finally!), but I am still going to find the Hannah plotline and the obvious unease between B&B upsetting.

OH, and Booth def. said that his relationship w/Hannah was "serious as a heart attack". He might not have used those words, but it was implied...

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. I didn't see it as being implied, just my take though.....
I think Booth will talk a good game for his relationship with Hanah, just like he did to Sweets about moving on, but he's trying to convince himself at the same time.
He's still hurt about losing that part of Brennan, especially since she didn't try to contact him while they were away.
It will take awhile and some tough episodes to live through with Hanah but I am more optimistic than ever that I will like this season.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartbooth Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:52 am

katharine wrote:
iheartbooth wrote:I am lukewarm about the premiere. I liked the scene with Angela and Bones in the diner. I hope we get to see more of their relationship this season, and I enjoyed A&H and the baby. I agree w/Katharine that this could quite poss. be the season (finally!), but I am still going to find the Hannah plotline and the obvious unease between B&B upsetting.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. I didn't see it as being implied, just my take though.....
I think Booth will talk a good game for his relationship with Hanah, just like he did to Sweets about moving on, but he's trying to convince himself at the same time.
He's still hurt about losing that part of Brennan, especially since she didn't try to contact him while they were away.
It will take awhile and some tough episodes to live through with Hanah but I am more optimistic than ever that I will like this season.

I am definitely looking forward to this season also. There were def. changes in Brennan, and God, I hope Booth is just talking a good game! I really hope that HH and co don't torture us to the extent of showing Booth and Hannah in bed...
iheartbooth
iheartbooth

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 am

I enjoyed the episode, just not the Booth having a cellphone or whatever it was on him in a war zone. A lot of Brennan realizations in this episode too, on a specific thing granted (lynchpin/reasons to come back),
Spoiler:
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:59 am

katharine wrote:@jro54 -
The heart attack thing -
Pretty much what you saw from the previous promos for this episode.
Booth says - serious as a heart attack
Brennan - heart attacks are very serious
Booth - yes they are very serious
But not anything about his relationship.
I am going to go back and watch the scene that the reporter, Kristin (I think that's her name) says about Brennan's look when Booth takes down the bag guy - says it all about her feelings.
I thought she was very sweet to the child in the park, but the look didn't stand out as much to me as the look on her face when she first saw Booth on the stairs. I thought that said it all for her. IMO, she knows she shouldn't have left and she's going to be sad with the predicaments it has caused for her life. We will see it only in looks though, I don't think words yet.

Okay, thanks. I didn't watch the clip, but I read some of the other posts..and they said that Booth referred to his new relationship "as serious as a heart attack"...but I think that's the whole point. Booth is going to try to convince himself that he's in love and so happy with Hannah, but he'll realize that what he has with Hannah isn't the real thing. The first few episodes are going to be very difficult to watch, but he'll realize that he can't move on...and I totally agree with you in your earlier post about Brennan. I haven't even seen the premiere yet, but I really think this her year. I think she'll be a little cloudy about her feelings at first, but by the end of the season, she'll be able to admit her feelings for him. I can just feel it in my bones...and because of some various sources that I've read.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:26 pm

HermioneGirl101 wrote:I'm mad at Cam for blaming Brennan, and the actual hug between Booth and Brennan was disappointed.

Women are always criticized for choosing the professional over the personal, but for Hart to have that accusation come out of the mouth of a professional woman who hasn't appeared to let the personal interfere in her professional life was truly obnoxious.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:43 pm

I liked this episode a lot. I'll say....it was better than I expected.

I have some thoughts.

1) I'm so ticked that Cam blamed brennan. maybe that was just her lashing out b/c she was hurt like she did after the zack fiasco. But, that was uncalled for. Yes, it's a tiny bit true. But, Brennan didn't leave anymore than booth did. Perhaps Cam is just hiding her feelings with anger b/c the fact of the matter is, THEY ALL LEFT, except her.

2) I 100 percent think that Booth is trying to convince himself as well as others that he is moving on. You could see it when he talked to sweets. He thinks it's something he HAS to do....so he is going to give it a damn good try. Personally, I think he's trying a bit too hard and that Sweets will probably catch on to that sooner or later.

3) There were changes in brennan. I hate myself for thinking this, but I sort of think the 7 months apart did good for her.

4) I loved how you can tell she is into booth this season. Other seasons....we pretty much knew she loved him deep down, but in this episode...you could just see it from her. Booth is keeping himself at a distance. That's new and an interesting dynamic.

I can kind of see where this Hannah thing is going. The whole 'lynch pin' idea will probably come up again as will the idea that booth feels he has to move on, even though for once brennan may actually be right in front of him and 'ready.' (ready is the wrong term, but i'm tired) lol

I'm still dreading next week. But, I think this episode proved to me that I wasted too much time and energy dreading it because it honestly wasn't that bad at all.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:47 pm

p.s.

I liked the clever 'mastodon in the room' at the end. To me, them talking about it had much much much more meaning than the stuffed animal in front of them.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Lorna Doone wrote:
HermioneGirl101 wrote:I'm mad at Cam for blaming Brennan, and the actual hug between Booth and Brennan was disappointed.

Women are always criticized for choosing the professional over the personal, but for Hart to have that accusation come out of the mouth of a professional woman who hasn't appeared to let the personal interfere in her professional life was truly obnoxious.

Lorna

I was glad Cam said what she said. On that note, however, I think that Cam may have meant that Brennan's choice to leave disbanded the family that they all had made. Cam got left and everyone else left to go their own way, supposedly happily. Cam has always been like the "odd man" out and maybe it left her feeling even more on the outs because Brennan's decision to leave gave everyone else the choice or opportunity to follow her lead.
Since Cam and Booth are friends, she may also have felt that Brennan should have stayed and not left Booth. We'll have to see how all that plays out in the next episodes.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm confused. Sorry, I just went back and read the entire thread.

To me....booth was 100 percent talking about hannah. Brennan asked, 'Is it serious?" And booth said....'as a heart attack" and she said, "heart attacks are serious" and he said "yeah" (or something.) How was he not talking about Hannah in that moment? I took that as the whole point. i'm not trying to argue. I'd love to know how others see it differently. Maybe I read it wrong. I'd love if I am wrong....because that scene kind of broke my heart a little when he said that.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:52 pm

katharine wrote:
Lorna Doone wrote:

Lorna

I was glad Cam said what she said. On that note, however, I think that Cam may have meant that Brennan's choice to leave disbanded the family that they all had made. Cam got left and everyone else left to go their own way, supposedly happily. Cam has always been like the "odd man" out and maybe it left her feeling even more on the outs because Brennan's decision to leave gave everyone else the choice or opportunity to follow her lead.
Since Cam and Booth are friends, she may also have felt that Brennan should have stayed and not left Booth. We'll have to see how all that plays out in the next episodes.
Ya i saw it that way as well. In fact I think it added some sense of humanity to Cam (who wants to get left in the dust?) and also it was persistent with her character in that she has always had a struggle to maintain power there, she needs to be in charge. And when Brennan left and everyone followed that would have to be frustrating to her in every sense of the matter.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:08 pm

tinkrella wrote:I'm confused. Sorry, I just went back and read the entire thread.

To me....booth was 100 percent talking about hannah. Brennan asked, 'Is it serious?" And booth said....'as a heart attack" and she said, "heart attacks are serious" and he said "yeah" (or something.) How was he not talking about Hannah in that moment? I took that as the whole point. i'm not trying to argue. I'd love to know how others see it differently. Maybe I read it wrong. I'd love if I am wrong....because that scene kind of broke my heart a little when he said that.

Oh, please don't get me wrong, I do think they were talking about Hanah.
Brennan specifically asked him if they were serious. Booth said, serious as a heart attack. Brennan said heart attacks are very serious. Booth answered, yes, they are very serious.

My take on this that they used this expression last season and that's why it's being brought up again. Brennan used the expression incorrectly and Booth corrected her last season. I think it's just a rehash on that. But I don't think that Booth believes that he and Hanah are serious, not knowingly at least. I think, just my opinion mind you, he's using it as a way for people to believe that he's serious and he's moved on - when he really hasn't. He's hurt and feeling hopeless and I believe - no concrete evidence - but I think that he sees Hanah as the old Brennan. From what we've heard she'll be no nonsense, kick ass, loves her job and we've already learned the similarities - he arrested her when they first met, he did the same to Brennan. I think more will follow. It's just that Hanah was willing and Brennan wasn't. It would be really funny if this was the case and everyone else saw similarities except maybe a conscious Booth and an unwitting Brennan. Maybe Cam and Ang.
But just you wait, she will be later on this season - that is my take.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:14 pm

katharine wrote:
tinkrella wrote:I'm confused. Sorry, I just went back and read the entire thread.

Oh, please don't get me wrong, I do think they were talking about Hanah.
Brennan specifically asked him if they were serious. Booth said, serious as a heart attack. Brennan said heart attacks are very serious. Booth answered, yes, they are very serious.

My take on this that they used this expression last season and that's why it's being brought up again. Brennan used the expression incorrectly and Booth corrected her last season. I think it's just a rehash on that. But I don't think that Booth believes that he and Hanah are serious, not knowingly at least. I think, just my opinion mind you, he's using it as a way for people to believe that he's serious and he's moved on - when he really hasn't. He's hurt and feeling hopeless and I believe - no concrete evidence - but I think that he sees Hanah as the old Brennan. From what we've heard she'll be no nonsense, kick ass, loves her job and we've already learned the similarities - he arrested her when they first met, he did the same to Brennan. I think more will follow. It's just that Hanah was willing and Brennan wasn't. It would be really funny if this was the case and everyone else saw similarities except maybe a conscious Booth and an unwitting Brennan. Maybe Cam and Ang.
But just you wait, she will be later on this season - that is my take.

Okay good. No, I thought the same thing. He was talking about her....but not...you know....talking about her. I think booth WANTS it to be serious because he is struggling with the part of him that wants to move on and the part that wants to run into her arms.

If you notice, booth was very reserved in this episode. Even when they hugged. He is purposefully keeping himself at a distance from her because he deep down knows that once he lets her back in....he's a goner. Hannah showing up will delay that....but it wont take it away completely. Booth will fall for brennan all over again and he wont be able to settle for Hannah, even if she can give him what he wants.

I sort of like the idea that now we will see Brennan be the one showing it. I wonder if booth will be the last one to see it. I can't imagine the others wont notice.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Let's not forget what was, for me, a much more important conversation in this episode in terms of illuminating Booth's relationship than the whole 'heart attack' convo was.... and THAT is his convo with Miss Caroline! I don't have the whole convo in my head, but when she asks what "Dr. B thinks about that" and also Booth drops a VERY TELLING line about how "Hannah doesn't have 'issues'" (He uses different words but I can't remember them right now)... Caroline says something like "nope, no issues there."... It made me happy that right out of the gate they are having Booth bring internal comparisons b/n the 2 women up the moment he starts talking about Hanna to people who are traditionally "His and Bones'" people... He may be trying hard to convince himself he is in love, and I think that at this point he really wants to be, and maybe even thinks he is... but how many obvious clues can the writers have given us to show us straight away what is really going on here. I love that they gave us that.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:25 pm

I liked the episode. It's not my favorite, but I liked it.

I thought the things Cam said, while harsh, were fair. Booth never would have went to Afghanistan if Brennan hadn't left. And Hodgins told Angela they were going to Paris because he didn't feel like breaking in a new Forensic Anthropologist and FBI Agent. And obviously if their is no Medico-legal lab the Squints had to go somewhere....so yeah, it was out of hurt, but she had the right to be hurt.

I liked this Brennan...more open with her feelings...more sensitive. A little bit kick butt. A little bit in awe of Booth, which we haven't seen for a very long time. Her scene w/Angela was so sweet. And the way she rushed to the little boy...so precious.

Anyone else laugh at Angela's response to Brennan's "Why...are you in love with Booth?" LOL!

Wendall...sigh....I love him...

Booth...Booth...GI Booth...yum. But boy is he overcompensating in an attempt to "move on"....it's almost as if Booth and Brennan have switched places on the emotional scale. My heart broke when he was talking to Sweets. Nice tackle of Logan's dad though...Smile I wish the scene with Parker was longer. I loved that the pancakes were bigger around than Parker's head. LOL! But the kid is what...9ish...can't he butter his own pancakes? LOL!

Sweets...I heart Sweets, too.....he was almost perfect in this episode..and then he kissed Daisy. UGH!

Caroline...love her. I wish she was around more. I get a kick out of her relationship with Booth. So protective of him...B&B's biggest cheerleader..and straight to the point. And when Brennan went to hug her. LOL!

Hodgins....I so heart Hodgins....when he got all teary about being a dad. My heart just burst with happiness for him...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:28 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:Let's not forget what was, for me, a much more important conversation in this episode in terms of illuminating Booth's relationship than the whole 'heart attack' convo was.... and THAT is his convo with Miss Caroline! I don't have the whole convo in my head, but when she asks what "Dr. B thinks about that" and also Booth drops a VERY TELLING line about how "Hannah doesn't have 'issues'" (He uses different words but I can't remember them right now)... Caroline says something like "nope, no issues there."... It made me happy that right out of the gate they are having Booth bring internal comparisons b/n the 2 women up the moment he starts talking about Hanna to people who are traditionally "His and Bones'" people... He may be trying hard to convince himself he is in love, and I think that at this point he really wants to be, and maybe even thinks he is... but how many obvious clues can the writers have given us to show us straight away what is really going on here. I love that they gave us that.

you're right. i forgot all about that conversation. This episode deserves a rewatch just for all the not so subtle hints they through out at the future of this storyline. It's rather obvious, the more I think about it. The one he had with sweets was very telling too.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Oh my... why? I must remember to take my brain out before watching next week.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4792
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:29 pm

so....metaphorically was the mastodon Hannah? Or....was it all that has happened between booth and bones and if they were going to stick.

And....who do you think is the lynch pin? It made me chuckle that they all wanted to take credit for that. We know booth and bones are the center.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by SJB Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 pm

I just want to say that I can't wait to watch it!
Have downloaded it, and now have to wait another 5 hours until the kids go to bed!!!
SJB
SJB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Mastadon was the relationship and feelings of B and B. (Hannah would only be like... say..... a furry woodland bunny) LOL

As far as the lynch pin- It reminds me of Booth's comments when Bones was kidnapped by the gravedigger... "It was all of us... you take away any one of us, and...." :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Ok just got home, I'm watching right now.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:38 pm

This is actually one of my favorite season premieres. I liked it way better than the last two years.
The Hannah thing was not at all a big deal and the scene where Brennan and Booth talked about it wasn't that bad.
The Angela/Brennan scene was so sweet it wanted me to hug them too and the case was both interesting and a little heartbreaking, the best kind for Bones.
I fell (a little more) in love with Hodgins when he was so wonderful and excited about Angela being pregnant. It actually made me tear up.
Then they smiled at each other and it turned from me tearing up to me full-on crying.
There was something so great about Brennan in this episode. In season 5, her awkwardness made me want to roll my eyes sometimes or even cringe at parts. But in this episode (and hopefully throughout the rest of season 6) it was perfectly endearing like it used to be. There's obviously been a lot of growth in her character in the "seven months" they were away and I can't wait for it to hopefully be explored better in later episodes.
Also, Brennan and Caroline's conversation was the perfect mix of being so completely human and beautifully pure yet at the same time funny (Caroline's facial expressions are epic) that it was probably one of my favorite Bones moments in a long time.
And, of course, the end scene was sweet.

Oh, Hart. Even when I get angry and frustrated and completely unhappy with you, you always win me back in the end.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next