Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hockey [Discussion Thread]

+6
tinkrella
i_heart_bones
Kasper
DBCrazy
CanadianBones
flyersfan35
10 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hockey [Discussion Thread] Empty Re: Hockey [Discussion Thread]

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 25, 2010 11:51 am

Kasper wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
Kasper wrote:Fly, the only way it will be okay is if you lose.
Exactly. Don't worry...I can't be this lucky, trust me. You're safe.

Yeah and someone out there loves to continue to smite me, so we shall see.
Haha, I guess we will. But you'll survive if we win...just like I'll survive if we lose.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 25, 2010 11:53 am

CanadianBones wrote:Congrats to Philly! What a ride they were on and same with Montreal. Good job to the Habs!

Sucks once again a Canadian team won't win, but at least the Cup with go to a hockey city.

Fly, I bet you never thought your boys would be in this position did you Wink I wonder what kind of victory dance DB is doing? lol.
No, I really didn't. Funny, I was talking to someone at the end of the season, saying how it was funny how teams were so desperate to get those last few playoffs spots, since they won't go far anyway. Haha, looks like I was mistaken...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Tue May 25, 2010 12:06 pm

yup, it's a whole new game once you hit the playoffs. You just never now and take it game by game. The 7th and 8th seeded team were playing for the Easter Conference Championship...crazy! Montreal took out The Caps and Pens, Flyers took out the Bruins. Man the Sens could've probably been in the Flyer's spot had they been able to play NJD.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 25, 2010 12:08 pm

CanadianBones wrote:yup, it's a whole new game once you hit the playoffs. You just never now and take it game by game. The 7th and 8th seeded team were playing for the Easter Conference Championship...crazy! Montreal took out The Caps and Pens, Flyers took out the Bruins. Man the Sens could've probably been in the Flyer's spot had they been able to play NJD.
Haha, I wanted to play the sucky devils so bad, because I KNEW we could win the series. After that, I wasn't expecting anything...but after the Bruins series, well, I wanted it all after that! lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Tue May 25, 2010 1:03 pm

go big or go home!! lol.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed May 26, 2010 5:47 am

I didn't know that it was already decided who's playing in the finals!

GO FLYERS!!!!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Wed May 26, 2010 8:24 am

it was just decided last night.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri May 28, 2010 9:30 am

Oh my god, I hate Gary Bettman, and the NHL. Crosby vs. Ovie winter classic next year? The fucking Flyers played in a winter classic and no one cares about them; what about teams like the Rangers or Toronto or even the Habs now. Well really any other team that is not from Pittsburgh or the West/South (no offense to those fans). But seriously, this is ridiculous. I was really hoping to see the Rangers play the Capitals, or even Rangers vs. Islanders/Devils this year. But no, that puck ass bitch whore Crosby gets his face plastered on NBC once again. Gary Bettman, Pierre McGuire, and Mike Milbury will be fucking happy now... Princess Crosby will get to shine. God I hope one of them gets the flu, or suspended or something so the NHL shits their pants when they can't market their preciouses... God damn I fucking hate "marketing" and trying to get back the "casual fan." NHL, you want a casual fan? PUT HOCKEY BACK ON ESPN, A CHANNEL SPORTS PEOPLE ACTUALLY GET ON THEIR CABLE PACKAGE.

End of rant for now... let this anger seethe for a while.

And for the record, it could have been just about any other team playing in a winter classic (even if it wasn't my team, I'd be sad but get over it). It's that CROSBY and the NHL's bitch the PENGUINS get ANOTHER CHANCE to "shine."
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 28, 2010 9:57 am

Where did you hear that, kas? I haven't seen anything about it...though it wouldn't surprise me. But you're right...at least have teams play that haven't already done it. And I'd say that even if I didn't hate Crosby and the Pens. I fully expected the Caps to play this time, but not against the Pens.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri May 28, 2010 10:01 am

flyersfan35 wrote:Where did you hear that, kas? I haven't seen anything about it...though it wouldn't surprise me. But you're right...at least have teams play that haven't already done it. And I'd say that even if I didn't hate Crosby and the Pens. I fully expected the Caps to play this time, but not against the Pens.

It was on the NHL Network and a few sources have it out already... they've been saying this for a long time though, I just hoped it wasn't true dang it.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri May 28, 2010 10:03 am

And TSN is reporting that Montreal will play Calgary, in Calgary during February next year.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 28, 2010 10:24 am

It continues to amaze me that the NHL conveniently forgets that there are 28 other teams in the league...and scores of other players.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri May 28, 2010 10:27 am

flyersfan35 wrote:It continues to amaze me that the NHL conveniently forgets that there are 28 other teams in the league...and scores of other players.

It gets annoying after a while.. and it's not so much as 28 teams, than it is hundreds of other players, not just two. What will the NHL do when something happens to one of them? Shit their pants?
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 28, 2010 10:36 am

Kasper wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:It continues to amaze me that the NHL conveniently forgets that there are 28 other teams in the league...and scores of other players.

It gets annoying after a while.. and it's not so much as 28 teams, than it is hundreds of other players, not just two. What will the NHL do when something happens to one of them? Shit their pants?
Oh, I know. And I swear, it doesn't matter what the discussion is about on the NHL, there's always someone who has to bring up those two. You could be talking about the Sharks leading the Western Conference, but it never fails. Someone will bring up Crosby or Ovechkin, and then the fun begins... And there are so many talented players out there who people never see unless they play on their team. And quite honestly, I don't want casual fans if all they'll ever know is Crosby and Ovechkin...then you just have stupid people who call themselves fans but can't even come up with an intelligent discussion about the game. I'm all for bringing in new fans, but show them what the sport is really about...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat May 29, 2010 8:51 am

alright kids, this is it, what has been building up all season, the STANLEY CUP FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (although as HH says, it's not a TRUE Stanly Cup final since there is no Canadian team ; ) ) Oh well.... Philly @ Chicago for Game 1 tomorrow, GO FLYERS!
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Sat May 29, 2010 10:54 am

Psh, GO BLACKHAWKS!
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat May 29, 2010 12:19 pm

It will be interesting to see if Hossa can finally get his hands on the Cup this year. 3rd time's the charm maybe??
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Interesting. Nowhere in this article does it mention the Caps, Pens, Crosby or Ovechkin, yet NBC found this interesting enough to print. Imagine that...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat May 29, 2010 11:52 pm

wow, they even said nice things about the Blackhawkes and Flyers too!! lol.

OK can I just say that the 'clothing' most of those ice girls are wearing makes me feel icky. The ice girls in Ottawa wear black pants with Sens tshirts and no boobies hanging out. I saw that the Flyers girls were covered up too. We even have ice boys too who help too and I think they wear black track suits. I even think they all wear helmets too while they are on the ice.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Sun May 30, 2010 10:02 am

My predictions:
Game 1: Blackhawks
Game 2: Flyers
Game 3: Blackhawks
Game 4: Blackhawks
Game 5: Flyers
Game 6: Blackhawks FTW

Though the Flyers may take one of the home games, but I still think this goes six.

Outlandish prediction: Leighton gets injured.

GO BLACKHAWKS! SAVE THE FACE OF HOCKEY!
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun May 30, 2010 11:04 am

Kasper wrote:My predictions:
Game 1: Blackhawks
Game 2: Flyers
Game 3: Blackhawks
Game 4: Blackhawks
Game 5: Flyers
Game 6: Blackhawks FTW

Though the Flyers may take one of the home games, but I still think this goes six.

Outlandish prediction: Leighton gets injured.

GO BLACKHAWKS! SAVE THE FACE OF HOCKEY!
With the way this season has gone, that's not so outlandish...lol

And the Flyers will win at least one of those at home, that I guarantee. I think it will go to at least 6 games, but probably 7. But really, what the hell do I know?? lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun May 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Well, that was a bit crazy, to say the least, lol. On to game 2...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Sun May 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Haha when the series was set I was like "Niemi or Leighton is gonna win the Cup, how pathetic." Clearly goaltending isn't winning lord Stanley's Cup this year haha... Just whichever goalie is luckiest/looks less like crap.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun May 30, 2010 1:28 pm

Kasper wrote:Haha when the series was set I was like "Niemi or Leighton is gonna win the Cup, how pathetic." Clearly goaltending isn't winning lord Stanley's Cup this year haha... Just whichever goalie is luckiest/looks less like crap.
Then going by the game tonight, both teams have an equal chance...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Next one is ours...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen