Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Becoming a couple: shows with it during or at the very end.

+14
royaldinerlurker
ddc
bones206
gordongordonfan
Lo
andreana22
HermioneGirl101
katharine
treble21
bailey
elyon
mereva
joybrennan
SnoopGirl
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Becoming a couple: shows with it during or at the very end. - Page 2 Empty Re: Becoming a couple: shows with it during or at the very end.

Post by ReginaPhalange Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:58 am

My two cents on this interesting topic:

Shows with Couples during the series:
* Chuck (Chuck and Sarah shipper right here! Last night's episode was awesome!)
* Friends (Monica & Chandler)
* Fraiser (Niles and Daphne)
* The Office (Jim & Pam)
* Pushing Daisies (Ned & Chuck)

Shows where they waited until the end:
* Gilmore Girls (although they jerked them around a lot. As a fan, I sympathize with those that have mentioned this).
* Lost (Jack and Kate. No "I love you" from Kate until the END!!!)
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Becoming a couple: shows with it during or at the very end. - Page 2 Empty Re: Becoming a couple: shows with it during or at the very end.

Post by bailey Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:58 am

joybrennan wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:They were super romantic weren't they? See, I think B/B together could have an awesome vibe too if it was written well! :-) Could bring a whole new "fresh" take to things... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Heck, yeah! That season five premier moment when she's bleeding in his arms and he calls her "baby" is one of my favorite B&B moments. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Mine too ... but I still think that for me at least, that scene would really have lost some of it's appeal had they been in an established relationship at the time. Which is part of why I'm okay with waiting for BB (but not forever Wink) Which I know you disagree with, but I still wanted to put it out there. Smile
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:09 am

I can actually see what your saying on this bailey- that the little "reveals" that their in love BEFORE they are in the "out" relationship are very drawing to us viewers. I also don't mind waiting a bit more for B&B, so long as it is natural and in character. (And I care more about us keeping the great chemistry alive in the meantime... so it's not "no B&B" that worries me the most, it's more keeping alive and intensifying the flirtation, eye contacts, etc . And some KICK *SS cases!
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:17 am

gordongordonfan wrote:I can actually see what your saying on this bailey- that the little "reveals" that their in love BEFORE they are in the "out" relationship are very drawing to us viewers. I also don't mind waiting a bit more for B&B, so long as it is natural and in character. (And I care more about us keeping the great chemistry alive in the meantime... so it's not "no B&B" that worries me the most, it's more keeping alive and intensifying the flirtation, eye contacts, etc . And some KICK *SS cases!

I totally agree!!

Just reminded me of another couple. Rick and Dee Dee on Hunter. This one is a bit different, if anyone else remembers ... they do an episode and these two are snappy and mad, and no one knows why. They send them a shrink together and we find out that they had sex a year or so earlier and had been living with the repercussions ever since. They do a flashback in that episode, and you do get to see him carrying her off to the bedroom, which was kinda hot ... but all in all I thought it was a total cop out.

Then in the end of the season, she marries someone else and we're left with a hug. (But that was only because the actress wanted to leave the show and they were determined to replace her and move on. Oh, and guess what? That didn't work out for 'em. Rolling Eyes )
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:27 am

No offense to anyone, but reading through this thread-what do you all want out of B&B if they ever do become romantically involved? As Bailey said, the rescue scene in Harbingers would have lost it's appeal if B&B were in an established relationship. I'm seeing other comments about how folks want protective bad ass Booth back rescuing Brennan. No one seems to want them to go the romantic route aka Huddy. I'm getting the vibe that what everyone seems to want is a solid B&B partnership back.

I would like to see 1 fluffy B&B centered episode-because romantic Booth? drunken I don't need them humping like rabbits every episode, but I don't want to see things drastically change either. Basically I want S4 B&B only amped up. That ice skating scene?? Add a hot kiss on the ice at the end of the episode. Mayhem? A comforting "guy hug" only we'd know it was a guy hug out of love. Brennan wants a baby? Yep-dialog wouldn't have been so awkward if they were together. Instead of "I want your sperm" they could argue over Brennan and field work while pregnant. Protective Booth at his best. The status needs to shift from being together, without really being together, to being together and making it work.
They could still bicker and argue, because that's what they do best. and they wouldn't be B&B if that stopped. I just feel that out of all the shows, David and Emily have the natural chemistry to pull it off. Get that out of the way and people will pay more attention to the actual show, than B&B drama.
Just my thoughts Very Happy
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:02 am

T
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:No offense to anyone, but reading through this thread-what do you all want out of B&B if they ever do become romantically involved? As Bailey said, the rescue scene in Harbingers would have lost it's appeal if B&B were in an established relationship. I'm seeing other comments about how folks want protective bad ass Booth back rescuing Brennan. No one seems to want them to go the romantic route aka Huddy. I'm getting the vibe that what everyone seems to want is a solid B&B partnership back.

I would like to see 1 fluffy B&B centered episode-because romantic Booth? drunken I don't need them humping like rabbits every episode, but I don't want to see things drastically change either. Basically I want S4 B&B only amped up. That ice skating scene?? Add a hot kiss on the ice at the end of the episode. Mayhem? A comforting "guy hug" only we'd know it was a guy hug out of love. Brennan wants a baby? Yep-dialog wouldn't have been so awkward if they were together. Instead of "I want your sperm" they could argue over Brennan and field work while pregnant. Protective Booth at his best. The status needs to shift from being together, without really being together, to being together and making it work. v
They could still bicker and argue, because that's what they do best. and they wouldn't be B&B if that stopped. I just feel that out of all the shows, David and Emily have the natural chemistry to pull it off. Get that out of the way and people will pay more attention to the actual show, than B&B drama.

Just my thoughts Very Happy
Watch the Closer. Because thed relationship developed naturally through the show, it's this funny, sweet, hot, component to the show - not THE show. They moved it along in a way that feels and seems normal.. Will they /won't they gets to a place that feels phony and forced, then they pile it on. Rolling Eyes

Secondly, I disagree with Bailey (Surprise! Razz ) I think the vibe would still intense. Think about this; what would have more impact for you - holding someone you've loved from afar after they could have been killed and are bleeding all over you or, the same situation, only it's the love of your life, whose body you know intimately, whom you may have just made love with that very morning....nope, I don't think the scene would lose anything. Might even be more intense.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:32 am

joybrennan wrote:
Secondly, I disagree with Bailey (Surprise! Razz )

affraid No way!!! Lol.

bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:09 am

I think there's a teetering line between being together romantically and maintaining that chemistry (i.e. SPARK!) and falling into routine. I can see arguments for both ways of thinking and certainly both can happen.

It's up to the writers and then the actors to keep the audience feeling that connection. Some shows have done it successfully, others haven't. What I hope does NOT happen is that the writers keep them apart simply because they don't want to take a chance on bringing them together and failing to keep that unique B/B chemistry alive.

*gets down from soap box sheepishly. Sorry!*
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

On a side note: my 200th post! Yay! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:05 am

I agree and see both sides of this coin. If they put them together and get sloppy on the writing it could very easily become stale and boring. If they stay on top of their game, however, them as a couple could indeed be witty, romantic, dangerous etc. They could easily keep conflict and tension alive, (cause Bones will still be Bones no matter who she's "with", and that fact alone could fuel tons of plot lines for them as a couple)... but it's up to the writers! My main thing is that they can't go 10 steps forward then throw it into reverse like they've been doing... it's throwing off the whole chemistry and dynamic of the couple in the show. You can't "unsay" what's been said... so they need to "deal" and move forward. Even if they do it slowly, okay... but we gotta leave the 'holding pattern' behind in someway before it kills what makes this couple cool. (Just my humble opinion...)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:31 am

gordongordonfan wrote:I agree and see both sides of this coin. If they put them together and get sloppy on the writing it could very easily become stale and boring. If they stay on top of their game, however, them as a couple could indeed be witty, romantic, dangerous etc. They could easily keep conflict and tension alive, (cause Bones will still be Bones no matter who she's "with", and that fact alone could fuel tons of plot lines for them as a couple)... but it's up to the writers! My main thing is that they can't go 10 steps forward then throw it into reverse like they've been doing... it's throwing off the whole chemistry and dynamic of the couple in the show. You can't "unsay" what's been said... so they need to "deal" and move forward. Even if they do it slowly, okay... but we gotta leave the 'holding pattern' behind in someway before it kills what makes this couple cool. (Just my humble opinion...)

BINGO, BABY! hug thumbsup
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:04 am

Some of my favorite shows where the main characters followed through with romance were 1.) Hart to Hart--married from the beginning. 2.) The Scarecrow and Mrs. King--loved that show even after they got together. 3.) Charmed--Leo and Piper got together mid season and had 2 children, Phoebe and Cole--quite the storyline in itself, Phoebe and Coop at the very end, and Paige and Henry--last season. 4.) Buffy and Angel--on and off and turning evil, etc. Buffy and Spike. 5.) House and Cuddy--season premiere 6.) Lois and Clarke spent the last season as a married couple--show ended with the delivery of a baby. 7.) Smallville---Clarke and Lana did the deed and the show continued---Lois and Clarke--in the future, and hopefully this season. 8.) Tony and Angela in Who's the Boss. That's all I can think of at the moment.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by alildemon Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:08 am

Dr Quinn ratings rose after they married up til last season cause sully wasnt in it much.

alildemon

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2