Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emmy Nomination Preview

+6
tinkrella
206bonesaddicted
bones_fanatic19
MoonlightGardenias
Brain&Heart
geraghtyvl
10 posters

Go down

Emmy Nomination Preview Empty Emmy Nomination Preview

Post by geraghtyvl Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Here's hoping...ED certainly deserves it!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Emmy Nomination Preview Empty Re: Emmy Nomination Preview

Post by Brain&Heart Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:44 pm

She most definatlely does deserve an Emmy!
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Can I just say I love that she's even being discussed as a possibility? It's about freaking time. Em certainly deserves it. Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:30 pm

*fingers crossed*
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 206bonesaddicted Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:26 am

Yaaaaaaaayyyyssss! Phalanges Crossed here!
She deserves!
206bonesaddicted
206bonesaddicted
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 178
Say What You Want : I wanna share my freak outs about bones with people that also love this amazing show!
I wanna see B&B together!
“You Love Someone, you open yourself up to suffering, that’s the sad truth. Maybe they’ll break your heart, maybe you’ll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. That’s the burden. Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens that allow us to fly…”
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://206bonesaddicted.tumblr.com www.twitter.com/thais_christ

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:18 pm

I hope she gets a nomination. I get Variety and I have not seen one Fox show being promoted by Fox. Don't get that one....

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:13 am

I hope she does too. She really does deserve it. I know she's a long shot because Bones is kind of....a weird genre. Technically it's a "dramady" and it's hard for them to get a leg in on these awards. But, I do hope she gets nominated at least. She gave such an amazing performance this year.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:05 am

geraghtyvl wrote:I hope she gets a nomination. I get Variety and I have not seen one Fox show being promoted by Fox. Don't get that one....

Thank you for posting this. I have seen lots of "For Your Consideration" ads on other boards for other fandoms, but hadn't heard anything about Bones and was wondering.

The Emmys tend to be really political and the people who play the game get the noms. IMO anyway. No wonder Emily never gets a nomination if they're not even trying to promote her. She's an amazing actress, I think she has this master of subtely that is rare to see. Even with the women who gets noms year after year, I think a lot of them overact. (Not to mention have Emmy-bait episode written every year.) Would be nice to see Emily get some recognition. And I'm with the other poster who said it's good to at least see her name on some of these "dream" ballots.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:52 am

Agreed..I'm not sure of the process (I don't think the fandom boards count for anything) but I thought I read that the networks plug their stars. I can't tell you how many networks I see with ads plugging their shows and stars for consideration for Emmys. Nothing for Bones. I have seen a plug for another Fox show House this week on the cover of Variety. There may be other publications/mailings where it is done though. Fingers crossed for her but I don't think it will happen. It is always the same actors most of the time.

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:29 am

Yeah I don't really think fans matter when it comes to the emmy's. I've heard before that it is basically all politics. Not to put down any actors who win them....but it kind of does end up being the same people year after year in the pool of nominations. With the cable shows as big as they are now, network TV should be working even harder to get their shows and actors names out there.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:13 pm

tinkrella wrote:Yeah I don't really think fans matter when it comes to the emmy's. I've heard before that it is basically all politics. Not to put down any actors who win them....but it kind of does end up being the same people year after year in the pool of nominations. With the cable shows as big as they are now, network TV should be working even harder to get their shows and actors names out there.

Yea, I'm big in the SVU fandom ... and Mariska Hargitay is nominated every year and they once did an interview with her co-star Chris Meloni (who has only been nominated once) and asked why he thought she was nominated more than him and his answer was, "Well, she likes to play that game, I don't." That article really opened my eyes up to how political these awards things really are.

I find it really strange that FOX doesn't seem to be promoting their stars at all though. Do we know for sure if David, Emily have even submitted episodes in the past? As someone else said, they're a long shot if for no other reason than they'd have to choose drama or comedy, and their show isn't going to stand up against competition that is 100% drama or 100% comedy; it's the mix that really makes Bones work anyway.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:31 pm

ok, so im not really familiar with how these things work. so, does the network have to submit particular episodes to who ever it is that decides the nominations? Do they run adds or something even before nominations are announced to promote their stars?
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Brain&Heart wrote:ok, so im not really familiar with how these things work. so, does the network have to submit particular episodes to who ever it is that decides the nominations? Do they run adds or something even before nominations are announced to promote their stars?

They change the exact rules from year to year ... but basically yea, the networks submit episodes for the shows, and the stars (with help) select what they feel is their best episode and submit that. A panel decides between all the submissions a list of nominees. This is usually announced in July. A few years they released a "pre" list of 12-13 nominees and then narrowed it down to the final list. I don't think they do that anymore though.

And the networks and agents, whoever, usually take out these "For Your Consideration" ads in all the trade magazines, like Variety and such with a picture of the star or stars and quotes from reviewers or whatever. Kinda puts the idea out there that so and so needs a nom to the people on the committes that decide such things. I'm sure there's also a lot of behind the scenes hob nobbing and lunching and partying and bribing that goes on as well. Smile

Here's one that Bravo put out last year for their network in general ...

bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:23 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Can I just say I love that she's even being discussed as a possibility? It's about freaking time. Em certainly deserves it. Cool

Amen.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:06 pm

it's really interesting how it all works. who exactly are the people voting anyway? it is like the academy where it could be any member of the academy? the academy consists of all types of people.

The only way I could see bones (or a cast member) ever winning is if they put an episode in that was FULL drama. The boy with the answer could have possible worked, especially for Emily. But, I still think it would be hard b/c people would be saying "well that's not fair...bones isn't a drama like grey's anatomy is a drama." Then again, they thought glee would have the same problem because it's not really a comedy like 30 rock but it would be the only musical in it's category and it was nominated at whatever those awards were last year so who knows.

I read an interview years ago about the emmy's and they mentioned that it's a PR game. Who is willing to put themselves out there the most and gain attention. Who does the most for the network (so to speak) who does the most other projects like movies that would gain attention. It's kind of sad that it has to be that way. But, I guess the stars know it as much as everybody else so they aren't all bent out of shape when they aren't even considered.

Do you think the Sag awards and Golden Globes are any better?

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:31 pm

bailey wrote:
Brain&Heart wrote:ok, so im not really familiar with how these things work. so, does the network have to submit particular episodes to who ever it is that decides the nominations? Do they run adds or something even before nominations are announced to promote their stars?

They change the exact rules from year to year ... but basically yea, the networks submit episodes for the shows, and the stars (with help) select what they feel is their best episode and submit that. A panel decides between all the submissions a list of nominees. This is usually announced in July. A few years they released a "pre" list of 12-13 nominees and then narrowed it down to the final list. I don't think they do that anymore though.

And the networks and agents, whoever, usually take out these "For Your Consideration" ads in all the trade magazines, like Variety and such with a picture of the star or stars and quotes from reviewers or whatever. Kinda puts the idea out there that so and so needs a nom to the people on the committes that decide such things. I'm sure there's also a lot of behind the scenes hob nobbing and lunching and partying and bribing that goes on as well. Smile

Here's one that Bravo put out last year for their network in general ...

ahhhh ok, thanks for that, kinda makes it a bit clearer now. it still seems quite confusing though. Seems like its just whoever is most popular and willing to put themselves out there and even show off... i can understand why Bones doesnt get noms.. they seem to be more of the quiet acheivers.... i don't really now, because im not from the US so i don't see how it is so much over there, but from what i read and understand that's what it seems to me.
but they definatly have one of the most talented ensemble i've seen in a tv show!-and i think many will agree.. and i think that that counts for somthing to the Bones cast even if they dont get emmys at least they know that their fans appreciate their hard work and talent! or at least we hope they know.
and we can't forget the writers and all the crew. they do a pretty darn good job too, even though at times we get can get a little pissed of with certain writers and show runner lol Wink . but like those bodies are pretty grose sometimes hey! and i those directors also do pretty well too Very Happy ! not to mention the rest!!!!
all in all, Well done Bones. to all of you! Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Brain&Heart on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar.)
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:31 am

A lot of people say that Emily deserves a Emmy nomination, and maybe she does. I HAVEN'T HEARD ONE PERSON SAY THAT DAVID SHOULD ALSO be nominated. Speak about a slanted view!!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:41 am

I mean....this is an emily thread...to talk about Emily. I feel we have no obligated to say how much DB deserves it too. Maybe you should bring that up in the DB thread? I'm not being sarcastic. It's just...of course it's going to be a slanted view point in a thread dedicated to all things Emily.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:48 am

Your right, Sorry, I lost my way.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:48 am

the beaver1965 wrote:Your right, Sorry, I lost my way.

I wasn't trying to be mean. I think you have a valid point. But it's just probably more suited for the DB thread. By all means, he should have a thread for an Emmy as well.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:55 am

I know you weren't trying to be mean. I am dense sometimes when it comes to DB. I just LOVE him to death.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:01 am

the beaver1965 wrote:I know you weren't trying to be mean. I am dense sometimes when it comes to DB. I just LOVE him to death.

haha i'm the same way with emily. On other boards things are heavily slanted towards DB and not emily...so i guess it just depends. This one seems pretty equal depending on what is going on in real life I guess.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:24 am

tinkrella wrote:

I'm sure they're pretty much the same. The SAGs may be the least political since every member of the union gets to vote. But I suppose it's still a popularity contest. That'd probably be Emily (and David's) best chance of getting a nom but for all the reasons you listed in your post, I still doubt they'd get the chance.

Since I know how little these awards actually mean as far as who's "the best" ... I'm more disappointed that they don't get noms because it means they probably won't go to the ceremony and we miss a photo op. But I'm shallow that way. Wink Of course DB presented last year, maybe Emily will get invited to present this year. The list of presentors usually starts surfacing in mid August.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:08 am

It would be awesome if she got to present! Even more awesome if she were nominated but....I'll settle with presenting. Very Happy I'm shallow too. I do wanna see them at award shows and stuff!

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:17 am

tinkrella wrote:it's really interesting how it all works. who exactly are the people voting anyway? it is like the academy where it could be any member of the academy? the academy consists of all types of people.

The only way I could see bones (or a cast member) ever winning is if they put an episode in that was FULL drama. The boy with the answer could have possible worked, especially for Emily. But, I still think it would be hard b/c people would be saying "well that's not fair...bones isn't a drama like grey's anatomy is a drama." Then again, they thought glee would have the same problem because it's not really a comedy like 30 rock but it would be the only musical in it's category and it was nominated at whatever those awards were last year so who knows.

I read an interview years ago about the emmy's and they mentioned that it's a PR game. Who is willing to put themselves out there the most and gain attention. Who does the most for the network (so to speak) who does the most other projects like movies that would gain attention. It's kind of sad that it has to be that way. But, I guess the stars know it as much as everybody else so they aren't all bent out of shape when they aren't even considered.

They are all PR games. Now, the People's Choice Awards ~ it would be great if we could get 'Bones' and the cast on the ballot. I think that award would mean the most since it comes from the fans.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down