Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaime on Twitter

+27
dddodson
gordongordonfan
BevCandyDarling
ToZiKa
jjrobinson73
crzy4bones
batchculture
SnoopGirl
bailey
bugaboo628
MI_Bonesgirl
NY2KS
empiricist
Brain&Heart
CanadianBones
Hello Salty Goodness
jro54
DBCrazy
tinkrella
treble21
joybrennan
Chocolate Chip
Beliskner
future_anthro
i_heart_bones
katharine
a_rangergrl2
31 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jaime on Twitter - Page 2 Empty Re: Jaime on Twitter

Post by CanadianBones Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:41 am

I actually liked Bardot. I guess going by Bella will be easier for her when she's growing up, she won't have to correct people who mispronounce it, I could see people saying the 'T' at the end instead of keeping it silent. That is a lot of B's lol.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Triple B ^^
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:19 pm

poor jaime some idiot tweeter really doesn't like her.. maybe a common effort from us to report for spam will help

@DELover4life report for spam /abuse or whateve you want to call it
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Salty Goodness Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Beliskner wrote:poor jaime some idiot tweeter really doesn't like her.. maybe a common effort from us to report for spam will help @DELover4life report for spam /abuse or whateve you want to call it
..also can add @samanthav3 too . . . I am guessing the DE in the @DELover4life is David/Emily . .those Demily fans on Twitter, sorry - puke and pukes, said they were going to set up multi accounts to harrass Jaime, guess they did . . . . I get people have different POVs, likes/dislikes . BUT . newly set up accounts soley just to bash Jaime and bash other Bones fans who @ her? - how disturbing is that . . . . I reported them for that, for what good it does.
Hello Salty Goodness
Hello Salty Goodness
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Hello Salty Goodness - it's very very disturbing, I can't understand why anyone would set up fake accounts to hassle the wife of a celebrity.

poor Jaime
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:20 pm

very disturbing indeed, they even went as far as blaming the Flyers loss on her...I mean SERIOUSLY get a life. Don't they get they hurting DB just as much...

To bad the internet gives these people a means to do this, because I doubt they would dare to say this face to face.
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:05 pm

yeah its just down right mean.

but at least there are people out there who have genuine, nice things to say to her.. unlike those idiots who have to create false accounts to say things!

i think she will be smart and strong enough to ignore these mean-spirited people but still it's really not fair.. especially when they're are just saying down right stupid things like blaming her for the flyers loss.
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:07 pm

hmmm pics seem to make me think maybe it really is her!
I take back what I said previously...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:55 am

This is just a general observation, not a specific comment to any specific comment written above.
Can anyone say PR?
Is there a reason she wants to talk to a bunch of strangers?
Just hypothetical questions people should ask themselves. Don't blast me. Just answer the questions honestly to yourself before you read stuff public people put out there about themselves.
The people that she is tweeting and are tweeting her are not her friends or family. They are public, and she is responding to the public, on a public forum. She is putting herself on a public forum for a reason. (I have no idea why, and do not wish anyone to speculate publicly, to include this forum, as to why that is.)
Think public, and public relations, and all that that means, and use your filter in your brains to sort the information accordingly. (Publicity in Hollywood is a strong/huge business and has its own rules. It doesn't operate like you or I would expect. It has its own ulterior motives.)

Last edited by empiricist on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:18 am

I guess what I am trying to say, before someone blasts me, is that all of us have perspective from the life we live. The lives most of us live is very different than a celebrity.
Our reactions to things, are researched. Hollywood knows these things. Remember Hart's Edmonton speech?
We on the whole will react through the perspective that we have on life. It is usually very hard, and takes work for someone to see a perspective that is totally foreign to them. If they see someone do something, they will give it a reason that is familiar with their own life. They will give a reason that they are comfortable with.
I am just saying be careful of how Hollywood operates and our own reactions to it. Do not take this as anything negative.

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:54 am

As an example, many of you at the beginning of this thread asked why would she want to put herself out there publicly? Thankfully, no one answered that, but many of you could not see yourself doing that in the circumstances. That is one example of difference of perspective.

Also, many of us want to be happy. We want to believe in the happiness of others, because is makes us happy. Negative thoughts are heavily frowned upon on this site and in life. You are more popular if you deliver good news, than bad news. People are attracted to positive people. PR knows that.

It is easier to think of something positive, than to think of something negative. That is why we flock to these sites, to get something to make us feel good. Be careful that you aren't being manipulated by the media. This is a common phenomena that works throughout all communication modes from interpersonal relations to politics, from the I love you's exchanged by everyone on facebook, to election campaigns. Realize when you are being manipulated. Don't take that as a negative comment on anyone, just use a different filter or perspective, which I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

Last edited by empiricist on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by NY2KS Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:00 am

VERY well put!

NY2KS

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 am

empiricist wrote:As an example, many of you at the beginning of this thread asked why would she want to put herself out there publicly? Thankfully, no one answered that, but many of you could not see yourself doing that in the circumstances. That is one example of difference of perspective.

Also, many of us want to be happy. We want to believe in the happiness of others, because is makes us happy. Negative thoughts are heavily frowned upon on this site and in life. You are more popular if you deliver good news, than bad news. People are attracted to positive people. PR knows that.

It is easier to think of something positive, than to think of something negative. That is why we flock to these sites, to get something to make us feel good. Be careful that you aren't being manipulated by the media. This is a common phenomena that works throughout all communication modes from interpersonal relations to politics, from the I love you's exchanged by everyone on facebook, to election campaigns. Realize when you are being manipulated. Don't take that as a negative comment on anyone, just use a different filter or perspective, which I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

LOL, wow I'm just enjoying her tweets, which is the reason I follow her. I follow Josh Malina too for the same reason. Twitter is a popularity contest based on you saying interesting enough things to gain followers. It's fun. Unlike Rock Music which is all about mind control! Twisted Evil
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:25 am

^ Word.

Well put a_rangergrl2
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:03 am

I am glad you see it for what it may be, a popularity contest, but that really wasn't my point. (I didn't ask why you follow her. I asked why she is putting herself out there to strangers, which I really didn't want an answer to. )

And by the way, twitter isn't always used as a popularity contest, which is probably closer to my point.

As a far off topic example: think of when the President of the United States asked Twitter to stay open when the people of Iran were protesting their supposed election results. Twitter was used as a quick way to get people organized to protest an entire regime. Way off topic, but my point is mass communication has its purposes.

Then again, in this case, a popularity contest may be it exactly.

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:34 am

mass communication does have its pro's for sure, it's how I learned about the Haiti Earthquake....... but lets be honest mostly twitter is used for celebrity stalking, the celebrities and their PR people are able to have the celebrities be more accessable without compromising safety ( I was gonna add integrity as well... but then I remembered about the tweets HH and JB have received and I realized that was not a correct statement). Most celebrities have a reason for being on there. No idea what JB's is, but she certainly has a reason I'm sure.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:28 pm

her first tweet was from march 12, that didn't have anything to do with PR at that time (or well, she obviously did know something we didn't at that time)..

for all we know she has twitter to follow her own celebs Razz
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:50 am

ok I have to admit I broke down and followed her. Only for the possibility of some insanely cute DB pics. Yes I'm shallow like that Very Happy but I can't see myself ever tweeting her. It'd be wierd. I mean, I've tweeted stuff to Hart and other celebs, and I actually got a DM from Eddie McClintock today (yep-doing the spaz dance) but Jaime is just the wife of one of my favorite actors, I just feel wierd about the whole concept. Heck, I feel wierd even following her if that makes sense LOL
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:29 am

In my opinion ~ alot of the people following Jaime (if it is her) on Twitter are doing it only because they are fans of David Boreanaz and feel by following Jaime they are in some way closer to David. It is kind of sick if you really think about it. puke

Hart Hanson said something along the same lines awhile back ~ that people follow him because it makes them feel closer to the cast.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:39 am

bugaboo628 wrote:In my opinion ~ alot of the people following Jaime (if it is her) on Twitter are doing it only because they are fans of David Boreanaz and feel by following Jaime they are in some way closer to David. It is kind of sick if you really think about it. puke

Hart Hanson said something along the same lines awhile back ~ that people follow him because it makes them feel closer to the cast.

But really-that is the whole point of twitter, for celebs to get instant updates out to their fan base. I've never looked at it as feeling "closer" to anyone, but some people do take it that way. It's scary and borderline on stalking the way some "fans" behave on twitter. IMO it's one thing to follow people, it's another to compete for attention...
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:26 am

In reply to Beliskner,

Why does PR need to have a start date? Who is the PR for?

If she just wants to follow her celebs, she can make her posts private, not to the general public. Why does the general public need to know? And what are we getting to know? Just what she wants to tell us. Not the whole picture, just what she wants to tell the general public. That is why it is PR.
Any celeb on twitter manipulates what they want the general public to know. Think of Hart's and Steven Nathan's word plays. They paint a picture for us, and that is all we get.
I just think it is wise to think of that before broad assumptions are made about someone from what they tweet about their life.
There is a commercial on TV. A bunch of women are blindfolded and are told to feel what is in front of them. They are all standing around a rhinoceros. Some think it is a pipe, some think it is a brush, etc. With limited information, all of them were way off.
I believe information from a celeb on twitter about as much as I take stock in Hart's and Square Chicken's teases anymore. Everyone has their own reason for putting things out there.
This is the essential question I ask myself when someone I don't know well tells me something. Why are you telling me this, and what does it do for you to tell it to me? If often paints a different picture than just the words they are saying.

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:57 am

empiricist wrote:
This is the essential question I ask myself when someone I don't know well tells me something. Why are you telling me this, and what does it do for you to tell it to me? If often paints a different picture than just the words they are saying.

I went public on Twitter and in forums about my breast cancer, I even blog about it. I have nothing to gain. I am not a celebrity but the statement of yours that I quoted was directed at "someone" so I thought I would respond. Not everyone is out for something.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:38 am

Bugaboo,

I hope you are doing well. I don't really follow twitter, nor do I have an account. I had noticed when you first went public with your information. My sincere hope that you do well.

In reply to your statement as to why you go public, again, it is perspective. The reason you twitter, may not be the same reason a former celebrity twitters.
Think of the rhinoceros again. You are at the horn with a blindfold on. That is all you see. You are going to identify it with what is familiar to you. You will look at that celebrity and think this is just like me.

PR is a very, very big money business in Hollywood.

Remember in the Bones pilot when Booth was looking at video of Cleo and he said they look happy? Then he amended it to "otherwise they wouldn't be taking pictures." At the time of Cleo's death she wasn't even talking to her parents.

Quick twitter messages do not tell us who Jaime is, nor what her family life is like. She is going to put things on there to paint a picture that she thinks we the public want to see. Her real life may be quite different. She is a former celebrity married to a celebrity. She has an image she is trying to project.

If anyone believes she is twittering for the same reason they are on twitter, than they are only seeing the horn of the rhinoceros. How many of us have publicists? Whoops, there is part of the rhinoceros we didn't see with that blindfold on.

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:32 am

Here is an article about a law being passed in California. Pay attention to how much power the publicists have, and the secret rules of Hollywood. It is a whole different world with a different purpose.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:02 am

I'm confused as to why you're upset about Jamie's motives (if it's even really her) for being on Twitter?

Of course it's PR, I agree 100% but ..... so what???

No one, not even one of us regular people are going to get on twitter and tweet the bad stuff about ourselves. I don't go tweet, "Hey today I cut an old lady off in traffic cause because I could!" or go spill dirty laundry about my past. Even us regular people, for the most part, only put the good stuff, or something we think will make someone smile/laugh/think deeply.

I'm not sure anyone thinks Jamie is on Twitter because she wants to be BFFs with her fans. And of course, we're only seeing what she wants us to see, but isn't that enough? If you're a fan, then be happy with what you're getting (pictures/info that you wouldn't get otherwise). It's insane to expect any real dirt on a celebrity's twitter.

Who cares what the purpose is? Everybody's out to make a good impression about themselves and, as you say, especially in Hollywood. Take what you want from it and enjoy. Or just stay off Twitter.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next