Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kathy Reichs on Booth/Brennan Dynamic

+5
jjrobinson73
i_heart_bones
bones_fanatic19
treble21
bugaboo628
9 posters

:: News

Go down

Kathy Reichs on Booth/Brennan Dynamic Empty Kathy Reichs on Booth/Brennan Dynamic

Post by bugaboo628 Fri May 07, 2010 2:23 pm

I really hope Reichs doesn't get to give much input into the writing.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"I think of television Tempe as [just being at] an earlier point in book Tempe's life," Reichs says. "She's 30-something rather than 40-something. She's unmarried...I think of television Tempe as a prequel [to the book series]."

Um, seeing as book Tempe is a recovering alcoholic with an ex-husband, a kid and a dysfunctional relationship with an FBI agent not named Booth, should we assume that in Reichs' head, the television version of Booth and Brennan don't end up together?

"No, not necessarily," she clarifies. "My books are taking place like ten or more years later and somewhere in between, [Brennan]'s gotten married and gotten unmarried to this guy Pete from Chicago. So, who knows what would've happened between [Booth and Brennan]. She could either end up with Booth [in the end of the television show] and then separate [from him] or not end up with Booth, but my books pick up when Tempe is already well into her 40s. So, it gives a lot of freedom for what's going to happen with the characters on the show."
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Kathy Reichs on Booth/Brennan Dynamic Empty Re: Kathy Reichs on Booth/Brennan Dynamic

Post by treble21 Fri May 07, 2010 9:07 pm

bugaboo628 wrote:I really hope Reichs doesn't get to give much input into the writing.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"I think of television Tempe as [just being at] an earlier point in book Tempe's life," Reichs says. "She's 30-something rather than 40-something. She's unmarried...I think of television Tempe as a prequel [to the book series]."

Um, seeing as book Tempe is a recovering alcoholic with an ex-husband, a kid and a dysfunctional relationship with an FBI agent not named Booth, should we assume that in Reichs' head, the television version of Booth and Brennan don't end up together?

"No, not necessarily," she clarifies. "My books are taking place like ten or more years later and somewhere in between, [Brennan]'s gotten married and gotten unmarried to this guy Pete from Chicago. So, who knows what would've happened between [Booth and Brennan]. She could either end up with Booth [in the end of the television show] and then separate [from him] or not end up with Booth, but my books pick up when Tempe is already well into her 40s. So, it gives a lot of freedom for what's going to happen with the characters on the show."

No. So we are supposed to believe that in Reichs head, B/B get together break up (or Booth dies pale ) she marries Pete, has a kid, divorces him, becomes an alcoholic and then ends up working with Ryan? all in the next 10 years or so? (how old is her daughter in those books?) ........ not down with that at all, Since the show is basically an evolution of Brennan's character I'd like to think that when she finally gets together with Booth (and she will) that she stays with him ( maybe it's the romantic in me?). I like to think of the characters as alternate realities of each other, TV show Brennan is one path taken, and book Brennan is another.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Kathy Reichs on Booth/Brennan Dynamic Empty Re: Kathy Reichs on Booth/Brennan Dynamic

Post by bones_fanatic19 Fri May 07, 2010 9:19 pm

NO!!! This can't happen, I like to think that the show and the books are completely different and the only similarity is that the character has the same name. And in the books her daughter is like twenty-something, so it wouldn't really work...and I don't like the thought of BB getting together and then breaking up any time in the future.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri May 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Ouch!
I don't like that at all!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Fri May 07, 2010 10:50 pm

I haven't read her books...but I know for a fact Jack Hodgin's isn't in them. B/c that is a character HH made up from his friend in Canada. So, is there an Angela? Is there a Jeffersonian? If they aren't in her books...then I agree with bones fanatic. Two different characters.

See, this is why I can't read the books. I don't see the same Tempe in them. I see the TV Brennan in them...and I just can't imagine her with anyone else but Booth...once they get together.

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Fri May 07, 2010 10:54 pm

jjrobinson73 wrote:I haven't read her books...but I know for a fact Jack Hodgin's isn't in them. B/c that is a character HH made up from his friend in Canada. So, is there an Angela? Is there a Jeffersonian? If they aren't in her books...then I agree with bones fanatic. Two different characters.

See, this is why I can't read the books. I don't see the same Tempe in them. I see the TV Brennan in them...and I just can't imagine her with anyone else but Booth...once they get together.

Jenn

The only character from the show that is in the books is Brennan, but the two characters are total opposites to each other, there is no Jeffersonian either.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri May 07, 2010 11:15 pm

jjrobinson73 wrote:

Jenn

It's definitely just easier to think of them as two different people. I mean they basically are! The backstory that Reichs has created for book Brennan simply wouldn't match up with the time line for tv Brennan. Starting with the most obvious....Katy!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Sat May 08, 2010 11:48 pm

In one book Tempe tells she got Katy in college and married Pete at that time.
Timeline doesn't fit.

And no, if when (not if) Booth and Brennan get together it will be forever. Till death. And death won't happen too soon (so that isn't an option).
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun May 09, 2010 3:33 am

jjrobinson73 wrote:I haven't read her books...but I know for a fact Jack Hodgin's isn't in them. B/c that is a character HH made up from his friend in Canada. So, is there an Angela? Is there a Jeffersonian? If they aren't in her books...then I agree with bones fanatic. Two different characters.

Jenn
Jenn, you ought to give the books a shot. I read them during the hiatus. Thoroughly enjoyed them. IMO they're different characters and after about a half a book I wasn't even trying to reconcile them to the same character.

And if Booth does anything for you, Andrew Ryan will too. Wink
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun May 09, 2010 3:42 am

Sorry if I repeat anything that's already been said, but I just skipped over the previous posts.

It is not possible anymore that TV-Tempe turns out to be Book-Tempe for several reasons.
1. The whole family background is totally different.
2. Book-Tempe met Pete when she was a Student, had her daughter while she was still going to University too. Katy is over 20 already. (I'd guess in fact that she must be 26 by now)
3. TV-Tempe already was with a 'Pete' (the guy who tried to steal her TV) and it didn't work out and I think at that time they wanted that to be Book-Tempe's Pete.

About the books in general I have to say that they are great!
I loved them long before Bones and I still wait impatiently for the new one every year.
KR is a great writer and Book-Tempe is so different from TV-Tempe that it is no problem to enjoy both their stories.
And then there is Ryan firedevil he's like the cute, great looking superhero who always saves the girl without making the stories look cheesy or anything.
You really should give the books a go!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed May 12, 2010 7:31 am

I haven't liked the books much. They're good forensics-wise, but the romance is too mushy for me, and Tempe is kind of ... well, meh. (YMMV!).

That said, book-Bones is so different from TV-Bones I don't even know how they would ever intersect. I think Dr. Reichs might have devised this backstory to unify the two universes (books and tv) but it doesn't really hold up when you look at it up close. Of course, the characters are hers and she's allowed to want for them whatever she wants for them (and frankly, people, so is everyone else. It's why the devil invented fanfiction Wink ).

And yeah, if anything, she should have a kid by now.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down